Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Good Lord-

I have no words. Dany went full annexing Polland mode, Bronn got a reward for his heroism and spotless ethics (ehem), Jon is apparently unable to be loyal to any fucking king (he was ordered by Bran to join the Night Watch, he apparently decided he was better in the True North), and after Bran's death, there will probably be another civil war. Great.

I also guess the Iron Islands will want their independence too, especially with Yara pissed by Dany's death.

Game of Male Tears.

Pissed, really pissed.

Edited by Helena Dax
grammar
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Well, not great but okay. For the last week I nurtured a thoroughly ridiculous fantasy that the Hound somehow survived his 15 story fall into a fiery pile of rubble. Oh, well. The north is the Alaska of Westeros, what with no ice kings and wights around. And Jon's back with his bf Tormund. I'm okay with Sansa as queen of the north---she's learned a lot and will have advisors---she'll do okay. I feel they really didn't know what to do with a character like Arya, so just sent her off into the unknown.

I too was glad to see Ghost and Jon back together, for good, I guess.

I agree with those who think we should have had a full 10 ep. season---this all felt a bit rushed.

• Love 17

Wait, why is Bronn Master of Coin?  Shouldn't he be Master of War?  Or is picking someone who knows nothing about money an extension of the idea that the best ruler is a person who doesn't want it?  Did Bronn take the job because he's going to be skimming some funds off the top for himself?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12

Well, what was that? Didn't see the twist that Bran would be king. I guess this was a continuation of the rush ending that d&d had in mind. It seemed anti-climatic for a series ending even with what happened to Daenarys. I'll take Bran as king. Jon gets to be with the people of his first lover. Not sure about Bron's ascent. He gets to be lord but all he can focus on are brothels? Undeserving. Sansa's taken her place as queen like I thought. I believe she has lived, learned, and matured.

The only really good thing is Arya's path to discovering what's West of Westeros. Can we get a spin off please? Minus d&d because NO.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

So Jon was sentenced to the Nightswatch but got to go free to the North?

Because there is no Nights Watch.  There's nothing to guard against anymore.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Drogon definitely had the best visuals between unfurling his wings and melting the Iron Throne.

It was a logical and shockingly unshocking finale.  I like happy-ish endings so was ok with it, although was a bit thrown by the passages of time but figured it out quickly.  Liked how the last location returned to the first location of the series.

i though Sam’s Song of Fire and Ice book was dumb though.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

Nope. She was an ambitious women and got sick of apologizing for it. You notice the only woman who got what she wanted was the one who said being raped and abused made her stronger. 

Dany said as much last season to Jon when she also listed the horrors he endured. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, taurusrose said:

Sansa got what she wanted. I hope she finds as little joy in being QiTN as her brothers did. She has no one watching her back, so she’d better hope the fair weather Northerners never get bugs up their butts where she’s concerned.

Agreed. Sansa better get some good council/back-up, 'cause those Northerners are pretty damn flaky.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m so confused why Aegon Targaryen is not the king of the seven kingdoms but honestly this ep was almost worth it for the shot of Danerys walking towards the stairs and Drogon’s wings unfolding behind her.

Highlight of the episode, cinematically, for me.

• Love 12

So Brann knew he was going to be king all this time and just peaced out until that meeting?

I'm sorry all the magic is gone such as dragons, witches, those weird children and trees that cry blood. Ah well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Sansa being Queen in the North was my favorite part. Missed Lady Mormont though. 😞

How the eff did Bron get a seat on the council? He was a Lannister man. 

Bran as king? Ugh! Why? The kid playing his just plain creepy looking.

After the Dothraki and the No-balls leave, would Jon be free to do whatever he wants? 

Loved the series for a great ride for many years.

• Love 10

Soooo ..

No explanation of the Night King’s symbols. 

No explanation of lightbringer.  (Arya?)

No explanation of Azor Ahai (Kinda sorta Jon?)

I’m left with more questions than answers. 

• Love 23

After last week's shit show, it was a great ending.

Not sure how major parts of the Red Keep weren't destroyed. Loved the callback to Dany in the throne room from season 2.

Sam is a maester? Did he take an online course? Because it's supposed to take flipping years.

Hi Edmure, I see you've still an idiot. 

Tyrion gets punished by having Bronn to deal with? Nice.

The stars were the creatures. Drogon burning everything and taking off with Dany's body? Great.

Ghost finally getting some screen time, flipping finally.

Arya going where Lady Crane suggested? Brilliant!

I got serious dictator vibes there from Dany. Hate what she became. My big burn is knowing they had 2 years and millions of dollars to get this season right. And some extra dialogue would have really helped!

• Love 23

I liked it.  Jon returning to the Wall/beyond the Wall was practically telegraphed in episode four.

I was happy that Tyrion survived and it was pretty heartbreaking when he found Jaime.  

The Dani arc will always be tough to get over, but it is what it is.

I did like the show coming full circle at the Wall.

The remaining Starks all got a happy ending.  Honestly, what ending could be better for Jon? He  has his big friend, his dire wolf, and lots of wilding admirers.  

• Love 23
(edited)

My son told me last week in separate conversations that Jon would end up in the north with Ghost, and that Bran would end up king. Didn’t believe either prediction. Now I want to know where he figured it out. 

Edited by Calamity Jane
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

She said what kept her going was faith in herself. She didn’t credit her rape and defilement.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Sansa didn't credit her rape either, she was saying her suffering made her stronger. I will agree the line was clumsy as hell but that's how I took it. 

• Love 20

I will miss this show despite all this craziness at the end. I will say, though, that I can see why Emilia Clark was so shaken after reading the script, and needed a long walk to compose herself. I’m also not so sure that the clip of Kit being interviewed, and him responding that the end of the show was “disappointing,” was entirely a joke. And Emilia being interviewed at the premier, and tossing off a tongue-in-cheek, “best season evah!” I think they might actually have been disappointed.

• Love 16

Soooo ..

No explanation of the Night King’s symbols. 

No explanation of lightbringer.  (Arya?)

No explanation of Azor Ahai (Kinda sorta Jon?)

I’m left with more questions than answers. 

• Love 5