Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: You Have Saved This City

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Dinah getting a tattoo of the four pillars of heroism and then immediately discarding the loyalty one to believe Felicity had turned villainous fits nicely with her flip flopping personality this season. 

As well as telling Roy she wasn't sure whether to trust William because he was Oliver's son. That whole loyalty thing was such a joke.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

As well as telling Roy she wasn't sure whether to trust William because he was Oliver's son. That whole loyalty thing was such a joke.

Right? Presumably, this group had a emotional bonding experience, then Oliver dies at some point in 2019, and for whatever plot reasons, Dinah then has festering resentment for 20 years towards Oliver and Felicity? Oy this show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, and sadly, we’re never going to get an explanation for that. I feel like it was all because of the whole “Felicity is totally evil” thing they were trying to sell, but in-story, it makes no sense. Unless Dinah was just pissed they left SC, but then she thinks Oliver’s dead — and died in COIE — so that doesn’t make sense either. 

4 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, and sadly, we’re never going to get an explanation for that. I feel like it was all because of the whole “Felicity is totally evil” thing they were trying to sell, but in-story, it makes no sense. Unless Dinah was just pissed they left SC, but then she thinks Oliver’s dead — and died in COIE — so that doesn’t make sense either. 

Well if Dinah has been consistent about one thing, it's her inconsistency.  She probably blamed Oliver and Felicity for whatever mess happened in Star City under her watch since they'd decided not to stick around and decided she couldn't trust Oliver because he went and selfishly "died" during Crisis thus wasn't even around to come fix it after the fact. 

The funny thing is, is her reverse to completely trusting Felicity and her kids is just as in character.  THey've written Dinah to be all over the place.  She's always passionately sincere about whatever her current opinion is right up until she changes her mind, lol.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

I've been to two different videos for this song on Youtube(Lyric video and Offical Music video) and there are a lot of Comments about " came here after Arrow Season 7 finale😢😢", Heartbroken for Olicity, This is a beautiful song ETC.

• Love 2
(edited)

This doesn't really matter but are FF Dinah and Roy hanging out somewhere waiting for Felicity to catch up? Because she tells them she will before leaving with William and Mia and then leaves the planet instead. I mean, I know Dinah would probably wait about 20 minutes before writing Felicity off as evil and/or dead and moving on but still...Of course, the three of them going into hiding together seems like a brick stupid plan so maybe it's for the best.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
missed word
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Diggle: "Well, basically, this whole neighborhood is ex-CIA, ex-DIA and ex-ARGUS. This is one big safe house. You two will be fine here."

It's funny how everyone assumed that Oliver & Felicity (and their child) would be safe from the Ninth Circle in that cabin in the woods, even though effin' Diaz managed to find Felicity and William in the beginning of this season when they were in ARGUS witness protection. 

As it turns out, apparently the Ninth Circle never did find Felicity and Mia, so what does that say about the Ninth Circle as a threat?

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

There are many problems with the threat of the Ninth Circle (starting with: willingly made a whiny idiot obsessed with her dead father their leader) but I could easily believe they never actually really looked for Felicity and Mia. They were way over Emiko's crazy pants vendetta and there wouldn't have been much profit in it especially after Oliver 'died.' If they'd stayed in SC, the Circle probably would have targeted them but searching them out in a place where they were surrounded by former government agents might have been too much effort for them.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

If they'd stayed in SC, the Circle probably would have targeted them but searching them out in a place where they were surrounded by former government agents might have been too much effort for them.

But Felicity stayed there in hiding till Mia was a teenager and ran away. If the Ninth Circle wasn't looking for them any more, why didn't she go back to Star City and contact William again to introduce him to his sister?

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Felicity stayed there in hiding till Mia was a teenager and ran away. If the Ninth Circle wasn't looking for them any more, why didn't she go back to Star City and contact William again to introduce him to his sister?

I assumed she wouldn't have known for sure whether they were looking or not and I do think they'd have still been in danger in SC even if if the Circle wasn't actively pursuing them otherwise. I feel like we're still missing something with the William situation because Oliver and Felicity were trying to contact him after he left but he insisted he never heard from them again so I have hard time finding reasons for anything involving him after Star City Slayer.

• Love 3

I wanted to digest the finale for a bit before commenting on it. I'm glad I did because I was feeling very sentimental towards it afterwards, and that overshadowed the rest of the ep for me. But now, I can say that the finale was at best meh.

Everything was pushed together so fast and sloppily, there was not enough OTA for me. Too much time was wasted bringing people back to get group shots, for it being EBR's last ep I would have liked something more focused. That said, the last 10-15 minutes made the whole episode for me. While Felicity did not get the focus I would have liked her to get, knowing she's leaving, in this second half, I was happy with her ending. Well, as happy as I can be with Oliver's death looming. I hope Crisis changes things and allows Oliver to survive with his family, but as far as worse case scenarios go this one wasn't so bad. Felicity leaving with monitor to see Oliver again made me extra emotional too. Great acting from both Emily & Stephen, their last scene was so painful and so well delivered. I probably won't watch live next season, but I'll probably keep track of the show here. All-in-all, while the ep wasn't great, Felicity's send off made up for it.

• Love 5

Well, that happened.

Can't pretend I didn't cry during Felicity and Oliver's goodbye scene, because I sure as heck went through a half dozen or so tissues.  Oh and I teared up during the OTA's goodbye scene too.

The rest of it though?  A few bright spots (Bronze Tiger! Wahoo!) but overall, meh.  Just like this season, and if I'm being honest the past few seasons as well.  Only hung on this long because of Oliver and Felicity, really.

I did love Mia and I liked her scenes with William and Connor, and I'm intrigued (I'm upset, but still intrigued) by the idea of JJ as a baddie in the future, but it's not enough to pull me back for whatever is going to be the next season.  Mostly because I have ZERO INTEREST in ever again sitting through Dinah's ridiculous too-elderly face or Rene's hair looking like deep fried ass.  Gaaaaahhhhhh learn how to age people, Show, I beg you.  (Felicity's age-up bugged me, too, btw - her forehead was just way too overdone.  She couldn't even make a full expression with the top half of her face and it looked like her eyes were half closed all the time.  It wasn't as noticeable as Dinah but it was still bad.  And I legit LOL'd when Alena walked onscreen.  She can't be supposed to be more than early 40s by that time, right?  Have these people seriously never seen anyone over the age of 35 or something?  LOLOL it is just SO BAD.  Like, 70's B-movie sfx levels of bad.)

I didn't watch more than a few minutes of the Arrow part of the crossover trilogy (and none of the others) so I had no idea who this Monitor person was or what was going on there, but I figured out the gist of it pretty quickly.  As much as I love Oliver, I'm just not interested in watching him do anything other than be the Green Arrow on this show so.....not enough to pull me back either, sorry.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, tv echo said:

As it turns out, apparently the Ninth Circle never did find Felicity and Mia, so what does that say about the Ninth Circle as a threat?

Yeah, I pretty much think either the Ninth Circle just didn't bother to look for them after Emiko died because they weren't interested in her Queen family histrionics, or they half-heartedly made an attempt and Nyssa wiped the floor with them so they decided to leave well enough alone.  And maybe sent her a nice fruit basket by way of apology.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Have these people seriously never seen anyone over the age of 35 or something? 

This is the part I really don't get; the show has employed many people around the appropiate ages. How did they not notice that they didn't look 80? I feel like everyone over the age of 40 who's ever been on the show should be insulted. I know it's more complicated because these actors are younger but surely there has to be a medium somehwhere between 20s or 30s and not a day under 75? 

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

This is the part I really don't get; the show has employed many people around the appropriate ages. How did they not notice that they didn't look 80? I feel like everyone over the age of 40 who's ever been on the show should be insulted. I know it's more complicated because these actors are younger but surely there has to be a medium somewhere between 20s or 30s and not a day under 75? 

I'm not sure I understand your complaint.  The flash-forwards were set only 20-21 years into the future. The characters who would be in their mid-late 30s in 2019 would only be in their mid-late 50s by 2040.  That's still considered fairly young by today's standards, and I know many 50-somethings today who could easily pass for 35 or 40 at the most. So I'm not sure how old you think the older adults should have looked in 2040.

14 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

I'm not sure I understand your complaint.  The flash-forwards were set only 20-21 years into the future. The characters who would be in their mid-late 30s in 2019 would only be in their mid-late 50s by 2040.  That's still considered fairly young by today's standards, and I know many 50-somethings today who could easily pass for 35 or 40 at the most. So I'm not sure how old you think the older adults should have looked in 2040.

The problem is they that they way overaged everyone, nobody except maybe Felicity looked much under 70. 

10 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

The problem is they that they way overaged everyone, nobody except maybe Felicity looked much under 70. 

Exactly.  Even Felicity didn't look young enough to still be in her mid-40s in the FFs, IMO.  As I mentioned above, she didn't look as bad as the others, but it was still bad enough to bug me.  Like, a lot.  

On 6/2/2019 at 12:57 AM, JamieLynn832002 said:

I feel like everyone over the age of 40 who's ever been on the show should be insulted.

As a 45 year old myself, I certainly was.  Ha!

Felicity looked like Moira's contemporary but ST was in her mid-fifties.  Roy should have been younger than David Ramsey is right now.

I re-watched the episode. It was just as confusing the second time as it was the first, trying to wrap up the finales in both  present and future. But mostly, knowing how Oliver leaves Felicity and Mia, eve the sweet scenes of them in the cottage made me very sad. I couldn't enjoy them any more.

They left too much story for the final episode and trying to do two finales in one and farewell Felicity meant everything was rushed. Emiko went from villain to non-villain at lightning speed.

I think they spent too much time off on story tangents and experimenting with new story telling methods this season and then had to rush to the end leaving plot holes behind. 

I still don’t know how William knew where Felicity’s office was in Smoak Tech and could recognize her specific coding, but apparently never saw her again after he left with his grandparents - but I may not have been paying full attention this season. 

I don't know what was going on with the William plot except that they wanted to make everything as vague and mysterious as possible until the planned reveals of Felicity alive/not evil, Mia and obviously Oliver's "death". Ben Lewis made me like him but William's plot line and issues are nonsensical, even if he absolutely has the right to be angry at some of the hands he was dealt through no fault of his own. 

Similarly I'm sure Emiko was originally planned to have a different arc, especially if they'd decided to carry on without SA because that was hella rushed even for this very plot point orientated show.

I ugly cried my way through the last part of the ep and I probably won't watch it again until I know how S8 pans out, whether it's bitter sweet and a bit hopeful or just ended up bitter. You'd think the former but 10 eps is a long time. Sigh.

• Love 1

I’m so happy they slowed down the episode at the end and gave Oliver and Felicity the time they deserved in the closing minutes. It was the saving grace of the episode (and season), for me.

I admit that I was more than a little sceptical about them writing a decent closure for it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I don't know what was going on with the William plot except that they wanted to make everything as vague and mysterious as possible until the planned reveals of Felicity alive/not evil, Mia and obviously Oliver's "death". Ben Lewis made me like him but William's plot line and issues are nonsensical, even if he absolutely has the right to be angry at some of the hands he was dealt through no fault of his own. 

Yep.  So frustrating.  

I was thinking about this episode earlier (why? I don't know. Arrow has always been my "guilty pleasure" show so I usually don't even put much thought into it, I just watch for the pretty LOL) and the entire 2040 plotline would have made SO much more sense if the Ninth Circle actually HAD come chasing after Oliver, Felicity, and baby.  Oliver could have been having to eliminate threats from them (with or without Felicity even knowing) until the scene with the Monitor, and then had arranged for Nyssa to come take over once he was gone.  That would explain Nyssa's presence helping train Mia.  It would also explain why they wouldn't have attempted to contact William (so he wouldn't be on TNC's radar at all) but William wouldn't know what had happened so he would think O/F had just forgotten about him once they had their own kid, leading to twenty years of brewing resentment, and his grandparents would be more than happy to believe the worst about Oliver anyway.  

Plus, nobody on this earth but Diggle (and apparently Alena, heh) even knew Felicity was pregnant when they left, so not having TNC actually be a threat after all really does nothing to explain why O/F stayed away.  I can understand Team Arrow thinking O/F had just pretty much abandoned them to their fate.  Having TNC be a threat would have gone a LONG way toward explaining everyone's attitudes about O/F in 2040.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

It would also explain why they wouldn't have attempted to contact William (so he wouldn't be on TNC's radar at all)

Why wouldn't William be on their radar anyway? It was publicly known that Oliver Queen had a son (who made appearances with Oliver and Felicity when Oliver was Mayor). Or is this another plot hole?

• Love 1

The  Ninth Circle knew that Felicity is pregnant, Emiko told them when she was still a baddie.

I can see why Felicity would call on Nyssa to train Mia since Oliver was gone to COIE, the Ninth Circle was still around, and the Monitor had told her that the world needed Mia.

I agree that it would have made more sense if the Ninth Circle had continued into 2039 instead of creating a completely new Big Bad.

19 minutes ago, Trini said:

Why wouldn't William be on their radar anyway?

No point in going after him if Oliver had disappeared, which he had in the safe house and then later he "died". Why waste resources on a child with no current connections to either Star City or Team Arrow? With Mia, she still had the Felicity connection.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

Why wouldn't William be on their radar anyway? It was publicly known that Oliver Queen had a son (who made appearances with Oliver and Felicity when Oliver was Mayor). Or is this another plot hole?

Well, within the confines of the canon we were given, I think the Ninth Circle just didn't care enough about Emiko's 'Destroy All Things Queen' crusade to bother carrying out her wishes after she died.  I never saw any indication that they went after O/F at all, despite what Emiko said as she lay dying.  And they would have had plenty of time to, it was almost a year before Oliver went with the Monitor dude.

But going with my suggested ending, since William had the last name of Clayton rather than Queen, that might have been enough to keep him hidden from the Ninth Circle (once Emiko was gone, who would have been the one most likely to keep searching for him) as long as Oliver didn't try to contact him in any way.

On a related note, why didn't Emiko even once try to go after Thea?  I really need to stop thinking about this show and its plot holes LOL.

• Love 2

William also changed his last name to Harris at some point (he revealed this in 716). And William being Oliver Queen's son must not have been as common knowledge as assumed, since evil Kevin Dale didn't make the connection until 723.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

On a related note, why didn't Emiko even once try to go after Thea?  I really need to stop thinking about this show and its plot holes LOL.

Thea, Roy, and Nyssa were constantly traveling and were in different parts of the world, so not like Oliver and his team/other family who were right there in the city. No idea where Thea went during the 20 years afterwards with Roy being on Lian Yu and Nyssa training Mia, but still guessing the idea would be that she was somewhere on the other side of the world.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, lemotomato said:

William also changed his last name to Harris at some point (he revealed this in 716). And William being Oliver Queen's son must not have been as common knowledge as assumed, since evil Kevin Dale didn't make the connection until 723.

Why he changed his name is another unexplained plot line/hole of its own.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

722 (You Have Saved This City) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Curtis and E2 Laurel show up in the Arrow Bunker to help out Team Arrow:
Felicity: "What do you think is worse? Emiko being in possession of a bioweapon or the team being Star City's Most Wanted?"
Rene: "Can I choose both?"
Dinah: "I'm going to go with the warrants out for our arrest - the real us, not the vigilante us, which means our lives in this city are over."
Roy: "Been there before."
Oliver: "Guys, this team always finds a way to come through."
Diggle: "Yeah, but this feels different. Emiko has a personal vendetta against you and your whole family. She has a bigger ax to grind than Adrian Chase or Slade."
Oliver: "Fine. But there has to be a way to get through to her."
Roy: "And she knows we're alive now. That'll make her even more determined to destroy the city."
Rene: "Which means we need to figure out where in the city she's planning on deploying the Cygnus."
Felicity: "Yeah. Well, easier said than done, because Emiko must've found out that I was tracking the Cygnus by using its chemical signature because she's figured out a way to block me, which brings us back to square one."
Curtis (entering with E2 Laurel): "Sounds like you all could use some help."
E2 Laurel: "It's a good thing you called for backup."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In flashforward scenes, Mia, Older Felicity, Older Alena, Older Dinah and Older Roy escape capture and arrest by the Zetas; and Adult William and Older Rene are rescued by Adult Zoe: 
Zeta: "In accordance with Star City Penal Code 10101971, you are all under arrest. Turn around and put your hands behind your head."
Older Felicity: "Oh. Smoak Tech flex-restraints. Nice to see another one of my creations being used against me."
Mia: "And what if we don't want to go quietly?"
Zeta: "Failure to comply will result in summary execution."
Mia: "Wrong answer. Hyah!" (Throws a knife into a Zeta's head)
(Mia, Older Alena, Older Dinah and Older Roy fight the Zetas.)
Older Roy: "They know what we're gonna do... even before we do it."
Older Alena: "Archer's predictive algorithm!"
(A Zeta enters, shoots the other Zetas and then removes his helmet to reveal Connor.)
Connor: "Hey, troublemaker."
Mia: "I had him."
Connor: "I had him."
Older Felicity: "We have to find William."
Connor: "Not from here. This place is burned."
Mia: "I know somewhere that isn't."
Adult William: "What are they gonna do with us?"
Older Rene: "You mean, before they torture us to find out what you stole off Kevin Dale's computer or after?"
Adult William: "I'm gonna stop asking questions now. Look, I'm sorry I blew your cover."
Older Rene: "It's not your fault. Dale's been suspicious ever since I questioned what they did to Felicity."
Adult William: "On the bright side, I did manage to steal Galaxy One's secret evil plans for Star City."
Older Rene: "They plan to use the Zetas to establish martial law and remake Star City in the Glades' image."
Adult William: "Which means they're gonna hunt down everyone with a record no matter how minor and kill them on the spot."
Older Rene: "Which is basically everyone on that side of the wall. It will be a bloodbath."
(The Zeta goes to open the elevator doors. Adult Zoe is inside the elevator.)
Adult Zoe: "Duck. (Throws an explosive device at the Zeta) Dad, I was so worried."
Older Rene: "We're okay, peanut."
Adult Zoe: "We need to get out of here."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Team Arrow, with the help of Ben Turner AKA Bronze Tiger, attempts to stop Emiko and the Ninth Circle from deploying Cygnus gas bombs at a shopping complex plaza downtown in Star City: 
Roy: "You're back just in time for the fun stuff."
Curtis: "I'm so happy Roy's back. I love a good reunion."
Felicity: "You seem awfully positive about the stuff with your sister."
Oliver: "I know how to break my family's cycle of violence."
Felicity: "Ooh, I hope it goes something along the lines of stopping Emiko from destroying the city and killing us all."
Oliver: "That's part one. But it needs to be more than that. Felicity, I - I want to help her redeem herself. If I don't break this cycle of violence, I just don't ever see us being able to provide a secure future for our family."
Diggle: "Hey. We just got some strange chatter over the S.C.P.D. scanner. Someone called in a bomb threat at a shopping complex downtown."
Curtis: "Somebody using a signal-bounced untraceable number. Suspicious."
E2 Laurel: "Why would Emiko give an advance warning on her own attack? It doesn't make sense."
Roy: "So that the whole complex will evacuate into the plaza outside, where she'll deploy the Cygnus."
Rene: "Maximizing the casualty count."
Dinah: "Well, we can't let that happen."
Oliver: "We won't. Let's move out."
Oliver (on comms): "Overwatch, do you have eyes on?"
Felicity (on comms): "Okay. Still no sign of Emiko, but we are tracking what is most likely a detonation signal to a package on the northeast corner of the plaza. It's got to be the Cygnus X-1."
Ben Turner: "He's trying to save you, dumbass. Questions later. How can I help?"
Oliver: “Clear a path.”
Oliver (on comms): "Overwatch, what happens to the Cygnus if I shoot it down?"
Curtis (on comms): "An accelerant will augment the effects. You need to freeze them."
(Oliver shoots freezing arrows into the drones.)
Felicity (on comms): "It worked! The Cygnus didn't spread. You got all of them. You contained it."
Oliver: "Not fast enough."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Team Arrow discusses what to do about Emiko and how to track her next Cygnus targets: 
TV News Announcer (on screen): “Star City is reeling tonight following a horrific terrorist attack perpetrated by its own heroes, which injured hundreds. The vigilantes' motives are still in question.”
Dinah: "I cannot believe they still think we're behind this, after everything we've done for this city."
Ben Turner: "Well, not everyone. I'm out on parole, thanks to you guys."
Oliver: "Look, I know tonight didn't go as planned."
Rene: "That's an understatement."
Oliver: "That doesn't mean it's over."
Diggle: "You can't possibly think Emiko could have a change of heart."
E2 Laurel: "Oliver's right."
Felicity: "What? I'm happy that you two are on the same side finally. But how can you be siding with the woman who tried to destroy your life?"
E2 Laurel: "She actually did me a favor. If I hadn't toyed around with being Black Siren again, then I never would have realized that that's not the life that I want to live. Maybe Emiko will have the same realization."
Ben Turner: "If people were correct in their thinking that Laurel and I couldn't change, well, we wouldn't be here helping you."
Curtis: "I hope you guys are right, because Emiko only used a fraction of the Cygnus. She has a lot of scary nightmare bacteria left."
Oliver: "Any idea where she may be targeting next?"
Curtis: "At the moment, everywhere."
Felicity: "The detonation signal's been purposely scrambled, which means the target keeps moving."
Curtis: "Yeah. It's like a whack-a-Cygnus."
Felicity: "Ha, ha! Oh, I missed you. Our descrambling algorithm is working, but it's going to be slower than normal."
Roy: "Even if you find the targets, we still need to find a way to contain the drones at each site."
Curtis: "Are you all familiar with the term 'optimized cryogenic chambers'?"
Felicity: "Oh no, they aren't."
Curtis: "Yeah. It's just us? Okay. Basically, I was able to modify an old portable freezing device so that it can contain the Cygnus on the drones. Good thing you guys didn't toss all of my old tech equipment when you did the new Bunker upgrades, which, by the way, are very cool, so..."
Felicity: "Right?"
Rene: "Okay, look... uh, it's not that I don't have faith in this team, but if this scary bacteria gets all over the city, I got to get Zoe somewhere safe."
Diggle: "Okay. Well, Lyla took JJ to a secure A.R.G.U.S. location. She can pick up Zoe as well. (To Ben) You have a son, right? Connor?"
Ben Turner: "Yeah."
Diggle: "We'll bring him as well."
Ben Turner: "Thank you."
Felicity: "Jackpot. I got two detonation sites."
Oliver: "Okay. Digg, Turner and I will go to the water treatment plant. Roy, Dinah, Laurel, you go to the Convention Center."
Curtis: "Right. And I will stay here with Felicity. All right. No one die."
Felicity: "'No' - wow. What?"
Curtis: "Uh, I'm rusty. Sorry."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, Older Felicity tells Mia that she used Queen/Smoak DNA to create a backdoor into Archer: 
Older Felicity: "Well, I'm glad, everyone is safe, to say the least. Does anyone need anything? Do we need any water? It's very important to hydrate."
Mia: "No. And we don't need any snacks either."
Older Dinah: "According to the information William got on Dale's computer, the Zetas are marching into Star City tonight."
Adult William: "We have to disable Archer before they start their mass execution."
Rene: "That won't be easy. Archer doesn't have a server room. Its server is the actual wall outside of The Glades."
Connor: "Wait. The Zetas use Archer to track our DNA. They'll know the second we get anywhere close to that wall."
Mia: "Mom."
Older Felicity: "Hmm?"
Mia: "Why are you making that face?"
Older Felicity: "I am not making a face. This is my face. I might have put a backdoor into Archer that utilizes Queen/Smoak DNA so that you wouldn't be in the system."
Mia: "So you basically just erased me."
Older Felicity: "I -"
Mia: "You know, just add that to the list of lies."
Older Felicity: "I was protecting you."
Adult William: "Wait. Hold on. Yes, what she did may be overprotective - and overbearing."
Mia: "Yeah."
Adult William: "But it could be the break that we've been waiting for. I mean, if Archer doesn't recognize Mia's DNA, she could be the key to shutting it down."
Older Felicity: "You're right. If Archer inputs your DNA, it theoretically creates an opening for a virus to be uploaded. I mean, I don't know if it would work."
Older Alena: "Well, even if it did, Archer only inputs data to its main server at one location: The checkpoint between Star City and the Glades."
Older Rene: "That's where Dale plans to march the Zetas into Star City."
Adult Zoe: "So we go there, we scan Mia's DNA, we upload the virus."
Older Roy: "Even with the Archer blindspots put in place, we're way too publicly recognizable to get anywhere near that checkpoint."
Adult William: "I mean, you can't, but we can."
Older Felicity: "No."
Adult William: "Uh, the public doesn't even know who we are."
Older Felicity: "No. It is much too dangerous."
Mia: "Mom, you've trained me my whole life for this. Trust me."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Team Arrow goes to the Convention Center to try to stop Emiko from detonating the Cygnus devices: 
Oliver (on comms): "Got to hand it to you, Curtis. Your containment chamber worked like a charm."
Curtis: "Nice to know you still think I'm 'Terrific.' Heh! Heard it. That was bad."
Diggle (on comms): "Any luck unscrambling the detonation signal?"
Felicity (on comms): "Dinah started transmission at the Convention Center. Her data plus your data should do the trick and help us identify the targets."
Oiver (on comms): "Okay, perfect. If we can neutralize the rest of the Cygnus, then we can turn our focus back to Emiko."
Curtis: "Uh-oh."
Ben Turner (on comms): "What's happening?"
Felicity (on comms): "Okay, so we have a good news/bad news situation going on here, guys. The bad news being, we just got 15 new targets."
Diggle (on comms): "We don't have time to neutralize that many."
Curtis (on comms): "We might not have to. All the Cygnus devices are linked up to the same detonator. That was the good news, right? "
Felicity: "Uh-huh.
Oliver (on comms): "Okay, well, if we destroy the detonator, we can neutralize the rest of the targets."
Felicity (on comms): "I'm working on a location for you now. Oh, double frak. It's at Palmer Tech."
Oliver: "Formerly Queen Consolidated, our father's company. She wants to tear down our family's legacy. This is her target. Call the team."
Oliver (on comms): "Overwatch, we're on-site. We're in the telecom suite."
Felicity (on comms): "B.C., Laurel, and Wild Dog are still en route. I'm picking up over a hundred heat signatures in the building, including the penthouse that is still under construction. One guess as to where your sister is."
Roy: "She really knows how to maximize collateral damage, doesn't she?"
Ben Turner: "If we try to evacuate the civilians, we'll blow our cover."
Diggle: "We need to find that relay trigger before the Ninth Circle knows we're here."
Curtis (on comms): "Actually, just the device relaying the signal.There's a power surge coming from the room you're in, so the relay must be somewhere nearby."
Oliver: "We shut down Emiko's ability to detonate, we save the city. (Hands a special arrow to Roy) Find the relay device and then evacuate the building."
Roy: "You going after Emiko?"
Diggle: "I've got your back."
Oliver: "Got to go alone."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, Older Felicity tells Older Dinah and Older Rene that she failed to keep her promise to Oliver to have their children live happy, normal lives: 
Older Felicity: "Communication is mission critical. The last thing we need are comms failing while we're out there."
Older Rene: "While we're out there?"
Older Dinah: "Sounds like you still haven't budged on Mia and William taking the reins."
Older Felicity: "We are about to stop a small army from infiltrating Star City. I can't be the only one worried about the kids."
Older Rene: "Of course I'm worried, but I taught Zoe everything she knows about being a hero."
Older Dinah: "Almost everything."
Older Rene: "And now my little girl's a grown-ass woman and one of the Canaries. I know she can handle herself."
Older Dinah: "And your kids, they're no slouches either, Felicity. They're like their parents."
Older Felicity: "This is not the life that Oliver and I wanted for them. They're supposed to be living happy, normal lives right now. That was the only thing that Oliver asked me to do. It was the only thing that I promised him I would do. And I failed. Some mother I turned out to be."
Older Roy (entering with Adult Zoe, Adult William and Mia): "It's time." 
Older Rene: "Be safe. I love you."
Adult Zoe: "I love you, too, Dad." (Hugs him)
Older Felicity: "I'm going to be watching over both of you."
Adult William: "We'll need you."
(Felicity hugs William and then hugs Mia.)
Older Roy: "Mia. Thought you might need these." (Hands her a bow and a quiver of arrows)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – The S.C.P.D. arrives to help Team Arrow; and Oliver finds Emiko: 
Diggle: "What happened to us being Public Enemy Number One?"
Sgt. Bingsley: "I told Pollard the truth about what really went down. You guys are heroes."
Roy: "Is the relay down, Overwatch?"
Felicity (on comms): "Oh, so down, it's in Australia. Emiko can't trigger the devices now."
Curtis (on comms): "Every remote device. There's still an active one in the building."
Ben Turner: "Enough to take this place down?"
E2 Laurel: "And then some."
Dinah: "We need to evacuate this building now."
Sgt. Bingsley: "You heard the Captain. Move!"
Diggle (on comms): "Oliver, the relay's deactivated, but the building is still armed. Do you have Emiko?"
Oliver (on comms): "I do now."
Emiko: "I have been waiting for you."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, Adult William and Mia manage to upload the virus, but it fails to destroy Archer: 
Archer (computerized voice): "Welcome to Galaxy One. Proceed to checkpoint."
Mia: "This couldn't be creepier."
Older Dinah (on comms): "Just keep your heads down."
Adult William: "Once the scan starts, it'll only take a few seconds to upload the virus."
Archer (computerized voice): "Proceed. Prepare for identification."
(Mia puts her hand up to the scanner.)
Adult William: "Done. Let's get out of here."
Kevin Dale: "Mr. Clayton. What a surprise. I thought you'd be smarter than this. Turns out you're just like your father."
(The Zetas' helmet screens are showing their weapons are offline.)
Adult William: "Looks like you're having technical difficulties."
(Mia takes down the Zeta guards.)
Adult William: ""No, no, no."
Mia: "Don't tell me you actually liked that creep."
Adult William: "No, it didn't work. The virus didn't destroy Archer. It's rebooting itself. We failed."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Oliver tries to persuade Emiko to side with him instead of the Ninth Circle: 
Oliver: "You have every right to be angry. I was angry, too, because you let our father die. And that led to a ripple effect in my life of loss. I lost Tommy, my mother, Laurel, Quentin. And I wanted to kill you for all of it.
(Emiko fights him, but he takes her down.)
Oliver: "I know his death affected you, too. Instead of finding the hero that I really believe is inside of you, you went down a dark path. And it killed your mother."
Emiko: "Dante killed my mother."
Oliver: "No, he didn't, Emiko. Your allegiance to the Ninth Circle killed your mother. Your hatred of our father killed your mother. His worst impulses drove you away, and it led to every terrible moment in both of our lives. I think that together, we can be better. So if you're gonna kill me, do it."
Virgil (appearing with Beatrice): "Well, if you're not gonna kill him, we'll gladly oblige."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In flashforward scenes, Mia, Adult William, Connor and Adult Zoe undertake the mission to destroy the wall around the Glades, which will destroy Archer: 
Older Felicity (on comms): "Galaxy One must have found a weak spot and modified the system."
Connor: "Okay. How long until the Zetas are back online?"
Adult William: "Uh, best-case scenario, five minutes?"
Adult Zoe: "Dad, you said the brain of Archer is in the wall, so if we destroy the wall?"
Older Rene (on comms): "When we built the wall, we installed explosives inside of each control tower. They're linked together electronically, but they can only be detonated from inside one of the towers."
Connor: "Yeah, but there's no way anyone can make it up there in four minutes."
Mia: "An Archer could."
Older Felicity (on comms): "No way, Mia. Look. Even if you got up there, you wouldn't be able to make it back down in time. You'll die."
Mia: "Once I'm inside the tower, can you talk me through it? You know it's the only way."
Adult William: "If you can get inside, I can access the system remotely."
Older Felicity (on comms): "Mia, listen to me!" 
Mia: "Sorry, Mom. I have to do this."
Connor: "Almost in position."
Mia: "Ready when you are."
(Mia gets inside one of the towers and takes down the Zeta guards.)
Mia (on comms): "Okay. The device is installed."
Adult William (on comms): "Now all I have to do is bypass the encryption protocols, reconfigure the detonation commands, and voila. Ready when you are."
(Mia raises a trembling finger to push the detonation button.)
Mia (on comms): "Take care of Mom. She's already lost so much. Here goes nothing." (Pushes the button)
(Computer screen shows a 60-second countdown to detonation.)
Adult William (on comms): "I just started getting used to having a sister. I'm not losing you now. You have 60 seconds until that wall goes boom. Get out of there!"
Adult William (on comms): “Uh-oh. The Zetas are back online.”
Mia (on comms): “You think?” (Fighting Zetas)
Adult William (on comms): “You have 20 seconds.”
(Mia shoots an arrow and dives off the tower just as it explodes.)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – A dying Emiko apologizes to Oliver and warns him to hide his family from the Ninth Circle:
Emiko: "I'm sorry."
Oliver: "I know."
Emiko: "It's okay. You need to hide. Your family's gonna die. I made sure of it. You need to hide Felicity and the baby."
Oliver: "Emiko."
Emiko: "I - I - I wanted to be a Queen." (Dies)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Oliver and Felicity tell the rest of Team Arrow that they will be leaving Star City:
E2 Laurel: "So this is what it feels like to save a city, minus Palmer Tech becoming a crater."
Roy: "No civilian casualties. That's a win."
Oliver: "We really couldn't have done this without your help. Thank you. Laurel, thank you." (Shakes her hand)
Felicity: "That last-minute S.C.P.D. assist really helped turn the tide."
Dinah: "Oh, well, I'm just relieved the department's back on our side and we can show our faces in the city again."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Ben Turner: "Because you proved this is a team of heroes."
Rene: "I'm sorry about Emiko."
Oliver: "Thank you. I I know I tried to save her."
Diggle: "Oliver, I know this wasn't how you wanted her story to end."
Curtis: "Hey. I'm sorry. I hate to save and run."
Felicity: "Oh."
Curtis: "But I have to go back to D.C. The jeweler called. The ring I picked out for Nick is ready."
Felicity: "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. You're popping the question?"
Curtis: "Yeah. The Holt-Anastases are gonna make it official, assuming he says 'yes.'"
Felicity: "Of course he'll say 'yes'! He'd be a fool not to. Oh! Congratulations."
Diggle: "Any thoughts about what you're gonna do next? A man with your set of skills, a lot of people will be looking. Lyla, well, she's always looking."
Ben Turner: "I just want to spend time with my son, who I need to get back to."
Diggle: "Copy that."
Ben Turner: "All right." (Shakes hands with Diggle)
(Ben Turner, E2 Laurel and Curtis leave.)
Rene: "And then there were six."
Roy: "Actually, five. I can't stay."
Diggle: "You're gonna catch up with Thea?"
Roy: "There's a lot I still have to figure out. I killed two innocent people. I have to find a way to atone for that."
Felicity: "Well, since we're on the subject of good-byes, we have an announcement, too. Hmm?"
Oliver: "We're stepping back. We're leaving Star City. Not forever, but, uh, for now."
Rene: "You just saved the city. You don't want to take a victory lap?"
Oliver: "I didn't do anything. Our team did."
Felicity: "The fact that the city is safe is the reason why we can leave."
Oliver: "I've spent a long time thinking about my legacy as the Green Arrow. I always hoped it would be saving the city. But now I know that my greatest legacy is this team. I started this mission alone. I was certain that I would end it alone. But the truth of the matter is that every bit of success that I've had along the way is because of all of you. The city is safe because of your courage, your compassion, your selflessness, and your loyalty."
Diggle: "Courage, compassion, selflessness, loyalty. Oliver, that sounds like the four Pillars of Heroism to me."
Dinah: "We should find a way to remember them, to symbolize we will all be there for each other always, no matter what."
Felicity: "Ooh, like a signal, you know. One of us is in trouble, we'll all come running. Including you, Roy."
Oliver: "We should just call it the Mark of Four, right?"
Felicity: "That's brilliant."
Oliver: "Man, I really hope this isn't the last time we're all in this Bunker together."
Diggle: "Hear! Hear! But it does feel like the end of an era."
Felicity: "Okay, well, let's just try to think of it as the beginning of a new one."
(Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Roy, Rene and Dinah put their arms around each other and turn to look at the glass cases containing their superhero suits.)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, the older generation turns over the fight to the younger generation:
Older Felicity: "Star City is a wall-free zone once again."
Older Rene: "Restoring The Glades won't be easy. The Glades hasn't been open to outsiders in years. Plenty of people will be trying to take advantage."
Adult William: "Seems like the city's gonna need heroes."
Older Roy: "We were thinking the same thing."
Older Felicity: "The four of you are the heroes that the city needs."
Mia: "What are you talking about?"
Older Dinah: "Passing the torch. Zoe, you are a born leader. And I think you are more than ready to rebuild and take control of the Canaries."
Adult Zoe: "I don't understand."
Older Roy: "Someone's gonna get blamed for what happened. It should be us."
Mia: "You'll be fugitives."
Older Dinah: "We've spent the last two decades living in hiding. Going off-grid won't be new for us."
Adult William: "Wait. I just got you back."
Older Felicity: "I'm so sorry, but the four of you having a future, that's worth any sacrifice." (Hugs Mia)
Adult William: "Thank you, both of you."
Older Roy: "I should be thanking you. You got me off that island."
Adult William: "You never really told me how you got on that island."
Older Roy: "It's a long story. Look, we should really get going."
Older Felicity: "Um, I'll catch up with the two of you. There's something I have to do before we say good-bye. Something to honor your father."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – OTA says good-bye to the Arrow Bunker:
(Oliver is standing in the Arrow Bunker.)
Felicity: "You having second thoughts?"
Oliver: "Ahh. No."
Felicity: "Right. Yeah. Me either. It's the right thing to do for our family."
Oliver: "I do wish we could tell the team about the -"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "Baby. But I understand it just puts them in the Ninth Circle's crosshairs."
Felicity: "When that threat is over. Until then, it's the best thing for them... and us."
Diggle (entering): "You know, the spirit of this place will live on long after we're gone. You've inspired so many people, Oliver. They will carry on your legacy."
Oliver: "Sounds like a cycle for good."
Diggle: "Far better than that. A cycle of heroes. Who will fight to defend this city with every fiber of their being."
Felicity: "Anyone ever told you, you always know exactly what to say?"
Diggle: "I have been told."
Oliver/Felicity: "Ha ha!"
Oliver (tearing up, nods decisively): "Mm."
Diggle: "Let's get you two to your new home." (Leaves)
Felicity (to Arrow Bunker): "Good-bye, old friend." (Leaves)
(As Oliver stands alone in the Arrow Bunker, all of the lights and electricity slowly shut down.)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Diggle takes Oliver and Felicity to a cabin in the woods:
Felicity: "Well, it's not Ivy Town, but it'll work."
Oliver: "Well, it's temporary."
Diggle: "Well, basically, this whole neighborhood is ex-CIA, ex-DIA and ex-A.R.G.U.S. This is one big safe house. You two will be fine here."
Felicity: "Please thank Lyla for us."
Diggle: "Of course."
Felicity: "Well, I guess this is home now."
Oliver: "At least until the threat against our baby girl is taken care of."
Diggle: "Your baby girl? You're having a girl."
Felicity: "Mia."
Diggle: "Mia. That's beautiful. It's beautiful."
Diggle: "Well, I guess since the, uh, city's in good hands now, you two can focus on your family, which is exactly what you should do."
Felicity: "Well, you are part of that family, John. Maybe it's the pregnancy making me overly emotional, but, oh, I'm gonna miss you so much. We love you."
Diggle: "I love you." (Hugs her)  And you."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Diggle: "I'll reach out to you two later." (Starts to leave)
Felicity: "Hey. You maintain my Bunker. No food by the monitors. There's nothing worse than crumbs in a keyboard."
(Diggle leaves.)
Felicity: "What now?"
Oliver: "Well, this isn't a tropical paradise, but we never did take our honeymoon."
(Felicity kisses Oliver.)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – We see a montage of Olicity scenes as they become parents to Baby Mia; and then they’re visited by the Monitor:
Felicity: "Oh, yes. Mom juice. Mm. (Drinks the wine) Ahh. You know, as much as I miss the team and the action of taking down the bad guys, this has been so nice."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "I wish William were here."
Oliver: "Me too. You know, if this is gonna be the new normal, we should talk with his grandparents about getting shared custody."
Felicity: "Yeah. I would love that. Mia's gonna need her older brother."
(Oliver is alerted to an intruder, picks up a knife, but then sees that it is the Monitor who has appeared in their home.)
Oliver: "Now? I thought I had more time."
(Flashback to Oliver's conversation with the Monitor during the Elseworlds crossover.)
The Monitor: "The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?"
Oliver: "Will you help me save Barry and Kara or not?"
The Monitor: "No. But I will give you the means to save them."
Oliver: "Tell me what you need in exchange."
The Monitor: "Whatever the multiverse requires to survive the crisis that is looming. When it is time."
(Cut back to present day.)
Oliver: "It's okay. (Puts the knife down) So what bargain have I made? What does the multiverse require?"
The Monitor: "You assist me as we seek to prevent the inevitable."
Oliver: "But that sounds impossible."
The Monitor: "The multiverse is more complex than you could fathom."
Oliver: "What are you not telling me?"
The Monitor: "I've seen your future, Oliver, inexorable and unavoidable. I have watched you die."
Oliver: "During this Crisis?"
(The Monitor nods.)
The Monitor: "I am truly sorry."
Felicity: "No. You are not taking him."
Oliver: "Felicity."
Felicity: "Oliver."
The Monitor: "I am not here to bring harm to you or your daughter. Trust me, the world needs her."
Felicity: "You think that I'm just going to let you leave here with my husband's life?"
Oliver: "This is bigger than us. Than all of us."
Felicity: "Why does it always have to be you?"
The Monitor: "I cannot prevent his passing, but he can prevent the deaths of countless more, including you and your daughter. But he needs to come with me tonight."

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, Older Felicity says goodbye to Mia and Adult William by Oliver's grave:
Mia: "Mom?"
Older Felicity: "Hi."
Mia: "Are you okay?"
Older Felicity: "Yeah. (Sighs) I wanted to say good-bye to both of you."
Adult William: "Here?"
Older Felicity: "Yeah. I just wanted us to be all together one last time."
Mia: "What do you mean, one last time? Just because you're a fugitive, it doesn't mean we can't still communicate."
Older Felicity: "Well, things are gonna be different this time. You two don't need my protection anymore."
Mia: "You're our mom. We still want you in our lives."
Older Felicity: "I promised your father that I would protect both of you until you didn't need me. He would be so proud. So proud of you two."
Adult William: "I miss him so much."
Older Felicity: "I know."
Mia: "I wish I got to know him."
Older Felicity: "I know, but he lives on in the two of you. It's time for me to go on a journey of my own. I love you both so much. So you promise me. That the two of you are gonna take care of each other, okay?" (Adult William nods)
(Older Felicity, Mia and Adult William all hug each other.)
(Camera pans to three gravestones. One is for Emiko Adachi Queen and says "1989-2019 Beloved sister and daughter." The second is Robert Queen's gravestone. And the third is Oliver's gravestone, which says: "OLIVER QUEEN 1985-2019 Beloved son, brother, husband, and father  Hero of Star City  The Green Arrow.")

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Oliver and Felicity say good-bye to each other:
Felicity: "This is why we can't have a normal life. This is why our children will never have normal lives."
Oliver: "I had to make the deal."
Felicity: "Oh, there's always gonna be some danger or some threat. The League of Assassins or H.I.V.E. or the Ninth Circle or... the end of the frickin' universe."
Oliver: "I need you to make me a promise."
Felicity: "Yeah, okay."
Oliver: "No matter what happens to me. No matter what. You need to do everything in your power… (Voice cracks) You - you need to keep William and Mia safe."
Felicity: "I will keep them safe. But wherever you go, whatever happens to you, you'll never leave me. (Puts her hands around Oliver's face) On our wedding day, you told me that I was the best part of you, but the truth is... we are the best parts of each other. And that is so much bigger than the frickin' universe." (Gently wipes away Oliver's tears)
Oliver (tearfully): "When I came back to Star City to start my mission, I didn't think that I was capable or deserving of love. But you opened up my heart in ways that I never th- thought were possible. (Crying) My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner."
Felicity: "No regrets."
Oliver (tearfully): "Would you tell Mia that I love her every day? (Felicity nods) And I know that she will grow up to be as smart and as beautiful as her mom."
Felicity: "I will find you again. I promise."
Oliver: "I love you."
Felicity: "I love you so much."
(They kiss. Then they hug and caress each other's faces. Oliver leaves. Felicity collapses to the ground.)
EG39yt_U0AAGvxk.jpg

EG39yuAUYAAivoW.jpg

EG39yuCUUAAZpnK.jpg

EG39yuAUYAEPI4r.jpg

722 (You Have Saved This City) – In a flashforward scene, Older Felicity meets the Monitor and walks through a portal with him:
(We see Older Felicity walking down a road in the woods at night, where she meets the Monitor.)
Older Felicity: "I'm ready."
The Monitor: "Where I'm taking you, there is no return."
Older Felicity: "I have waited a very long time to see him. I'm ready." (Twists the wedding ring on her finger)
(The Monitor opens a portal. He and Felicity step through the portal.)

722 (You Have Saved This City) – Additional note:
(Background music for the final Olicity and Felicity scenes in this episode was Ruelle's song "The Other Side.")

Lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ruelle/theotherside.html

Edited by tv echo