Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Mistrials Of Marriage

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Pedro and Hilary Banks- UGH, either get counseling and move or just get divorced!  I think Pedro started off in love and really sweet, but he's been beaten down by her horrible family, his horrible family's reactions, and Chantel defending her horrible family and blaming him and never letting that go.  I don't blame him for leaving for a month and also considering divorce and wanting to know his options.  Cee Air is dumb as a post if she didn't understand she WOULD be responsible for him for 10 years no matter if they stay together or not.  At this point I hope he leaves her high and dry.

Marriage counseling would require Chantal to maybe admit that Pedro isn't wrong about everything.  It would require Chantal to take some responsibility and set boundaries with her family so......it's pretty much a waste of money and time.

Her family is toxic.  He is a nice enough guy, and I think he is attractive.  He can do better.  She can go marry river or whatever flowers in the attic weirdness goes on in that family.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No, because they don't do that in Colombia.

LOL, life in Colombia sounds a little like 365 Ramadan, in that you can just make up the cultural rules as you go along.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Hi everyone- I’ve been busy, so I’m just now catching up. I’m remember how Kalani “blamed” Asuleu for her pregnancy as if she wasn’t a willing participant, with several contraceptive options at her disposal!🤬

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hi everyone- I’ve been busy, so I’m just now catching up. I’m remember how Kalani “blamed” Asuleu for her pregnancy as if she wasn’t a willing participant, with several contraceptive options at her disposal!🤬

Contraception options are used by slut people. Responsible adults have children they can’t afford. — from the collective wisdom of Kalani and Asuleu 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 5/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, RealReality said:

Cee Air is dumb as a post if she didn't understand she WOULD be responsible for him for 10 years no matter if they stay together or not.

OK I'm lost. Who is Cee Air?

NOTHING about the family chantel makes sense.  They gave their kids hippy dippy names, they act like they think they are upper middle class with fine manners and super important jobs, the mom wears teeny tiny hats, they speak and act like they are hillbillies, and will take off their jewelry and physically fight you like they live in a gutter.   I'm so confused.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

They are all insufferable assholes, but I don't think they speak like hillbillies unless it's mother Chantals Spanglish.  If anything I think family Chantal puts on airs with their manner of speaking.  Like the words and the tone points towards a level of intelligence that none of them have

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Kid said:

Colts reminds me of those serial killers that live with their mother and take their mommy issues out on innocent women.  He makes your skin crawl.

He does have the calm demeanor of a serial killer.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 2:29 PM, LGGirl said:

Pao, it doesn’t matter when parties in Columbia start.   You aren’t in Columbia.  

Or..ya know..you act like grownups and figure out how to make it work for everydamnbody in the family. I've been married for 50 years to a Puerto Rican, and I'm as wonder-bread white as they come.

We just had a graduation party for my granddaughter this last weekend. We fully expected the white family would be right on time, and would want to leave a few hours after the party started (It's a given.)

So, we fired up the grill right at the start, and had her open her gifts as people came in. After people ate, we had some nice cupcakes.

Hours later,as the second wave of family (Puerto Rican, Columbian-American,and Mexican-American in-laws started trickling in, we started up the grill again, and set out more potato salad,rice and beans etc.and again had her open gifts as they came in (all you do is when someone says "where's the gift table?" You call the giftee over and say "oh look!! They brought you something! How nice! Open it!" (my kids and grands  know not to say no to me...lol)

Then more cupcakes.  This way, everyone can come and leave when they want. And btw, we would be in big trouble if we didn't have rice and beans for my white family, or german potato salad for my Latino family, they are a match made in heaven when you eat them together. (the foods, not the people) 😂

It might sound like we're separating the two sides for the family, but we're not..the invite said 1pm to 10pm...We just knew when to expect who (whom?)  Plenty of overlap and lots of socializing is had when nobody has to have something "their way." ::::::steps off soapbox:::::

PS. I'm re-reading this and it took many, MANY years and lots of compromising on both of our families' parts to get to this..I don't see that happening with Pao or Russ' family unfortunately. Pao seems to want everything her own way, and his family seems too old to change.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Or..ya know..you act like grownups and figure out how to make it work for everydamnbody in the family. I've been married for 50 years to a Puerto Rican, and I'm as wonder-bread white as they come.

We just had a graduation party for my granddaughter this last weekend. We fully expected the white family would be right on time, and would want to leave a few hours after the party started (It's a given.)

So, we fired up the grill right at the start, and had her open her gifts as people came in. After people ate, we had some nice cupcakes.

Hours later,as the second wave of family (Puerto Rican, Columbian-American,and Mexican-American in-laws started trickling in, we started up the grill again, and set out more potato salad,rice and beans etc.and again had her open gifts as they came in (all you do is when someone says "where's the gift table?" You call the giftee over and say "oh look!! They brought you something! How nice! Open it!" (my kids and grands  know not to say no to me...lol)

Then more cupcakes.  This way, everyone can come and leave when they want. And btw, we would be in big trouble if we didn't have rice and beans for my white family, or german potato salad for my Latino family, they are a match made in heaven when you eat them together. (the foods, not the people) 😂

It might sound like we're separating the two sides for the family, but we're not..the invite said 1pm to 10pm...We just knew when to expect who (whom?)  Plenty of overlap and lots of socializing is had when nobody has to have something "their way." ::::::steps off soapbox:::::

PS. I'm re-reading this and it took many, MANY years and lots of compromising on both of our families' parts to get to this..I don't see that happening with Pao or Russ' family unfortunately. Pao seems to want everything her own way, and his family seems too old to change.

My family is from another country where timeliness is not appreciated.  Things never start on time, but when they start...they start.  No one who comes after things start is chastised or guilted they just go and get their food and join in.

Pao knew damn well she was supposed to be on time.  When she was at the nail salon she was like "I hope it doesn't make me late" so she knew.  And she also knows it takes at least an hour to do those nails....at least!  And Russ knew too, so I don't know why he didn't inform her that people would be offended if she was two hours late.

• Love 4
On 5/13/2019 at 10:03 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Eh, it's Elizabeth's father who is claiming they aren't showing their appreciation. But both Elizabeth and Andrei disagree. Is it possible Elizabeth's father has set an unreasonably high bar for the kind of expressions of gratitude that would satisfy him? Perhaps because doesn't like nor trust Andrei, he's setting him up for failure to prove he's right about him.

IMHO Elizabeth's father has never approved of Andrei. He had other aspirations for Libby. I also think Father Libby is physically intimidated by Andrei so he uses his apparent wealth as a way of keeping the upper hand with a man that could easily pulverize him in a physical fight.

• Love 4
On 5/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, iwasish said:

Men like her father are annoying, they treat the daughters like princesses, spoiling and paying their bills and then when they decide to marry they put the husband at a disadvantage because he may not have the financial chops just yet to foot the lifestyle he’s gotten his daughter accustomed to so he continues to fund her but now with an underlying resentment and in an attempt to prove that he’s a better man than her hubby. It’s an emotional power play. 

Thank you for expressing so well what I have been thinking. Yes I agree that Andrei and Libby could be more appreciative but this Father Libby is not innocent in all this. He is playing a game with Andrei and Andrei senses it and resents it.  He just needs to actually DO something about it like get a job or two!

• Love 3