Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Mistrials Of Marriage

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

MomRuss said the plan was for people to arrive 2 hours before the actual shower so they could hang out with Russ and Pao.  The idea being, by the time the boys left for their tee-time she would feel more comfortable being left alone with the ladies for the "shower" activities like games and opening gifts.  The point of the 2 hour pregame was to avoid the issue Pao ended up having- where she walked in and was left alone with a bunch of people she doesn't know. 

So what you're saying is that Pao just didn't want to be there.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Cini said:

5 Years. They had their 5th Wedding Anniversary in October 2018.

If after 5 years in the US she still doesn't know that you show up on time for a party in your honor, she either doesn't give a damn, or she is plain stupid. I call BS that she didn't know she was expected to be on time.

Living in a foreign country doesn't mean you have to forget your culture, but it does mean you have to try to integrate and learn the language, customs, common laws etc. as best as you can.

Next time I mess up I'm trying the "in my culture..." route and see if I get a pass. Also next time my husband doesn't agree with me, I will start crying that I left my country, my family and friends and the least he can do is let me have my way. I really can't think why I haven't ever done that 🙂

Yes, but she has intentionally insulated herself against absorbing American culture by insisting they live in Miami among the other SA "models," where Pao can continue to speak Spanish, show up late for engagements, dress as sexy as she wants, and generally ignore the norms of the society she has married into.  We give Nicole a hard time for not understanding that she can't mac with Azan out on the streets of Morocco, but Pao seems to be getting a pass, at least from Russ, about ignoring the norms of American behavior. 

I think Pao came here intending to make lots of money as a "model," and in the mini-culture of Miami South American hot chicks, she is a success.  What she doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) is that they'd be a lot better off financially if she would move to where Russ could find a good job and where she could have the support of his family, if she could only accept it.  She insists in imposing her own cultural norms in a place where they will not fly.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Yes, but she has intentionally insulated herself against absorbing American culture by insisting they live in Miami among the other SA "models," where Pao can continue to speak Spanish, show up late for engagements, dress as sexy as she wants, and generally ignore the norms of the society she has married into.  We give Nicole a hard time for not understanding that she can't mac with Azan out on the streets of Morocco, but Pao seems to be getting a pass, at least from Russ, about ignoring the norms of American behavior. 

I think Pao came here intending to make lots of money as a "model," and in the mini-culture of Miami South American hot chicks, she is a success.  What she doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) is that they'd be a lot better off financially if she would move to where Russ could find a good job and where she could have the support of his family, if she could only accept it.  She insists in imposing her own cultural norms in a place where they will not fly.

So what you're saying is that Pao should just suck it up and move to Oklahoma.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

EXACTLY THIS.  To carry this to a REALLY extreme place - If a man came to this country and said that in his culture it is considered appropriate to beat his wife or daughter is either one disobeyed him we would not all shrug our shoulders and say - "Yeah...OK... Culture..."

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I have not read where anybody on this board said she should suck it up and move to Oklahoma.  (If I missed it, sorry.)  What we are saying is - when you visit someone it is on you to try to be polite and follow local customs unless they violate your moral beliefs (and I don't believe being late is a moral belief.)  To be deliberately rude and cry "culture" is disingenuous at best downright disgusting at worst.

• Love 10

Re: the 3rd hour (What Now)

I forgot how much I loathe Kalanilini and the way she says everything like a question? She's actually afraid to tell her family she's pregnant by her husband. I want to cut her dad's braid off his chin in his sleep. 

I'm over Fernanda's perpetual tantrum. She's giving up all her opportunities.... that she wouldn't even have if not for Johnathan. 

David is slimy AF. No more boom boom till Annie gets her card card. 

I thought it was cute how Jenny's stepson was so welcoming and cool. The kids are always the best part of this shitshow. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

EXACTLY THIS.  To carry this to a REALLY extreme place - If a man came to this country and said that in his culture it is considered appropriate to beat his wife or daughter is either one disobeyed him we would not all shrug our shoulders and say - "Yeah...OK... Culture..."

What does beating someone have to do with being late?  There are a lot of things that have changed because of culture; beating your wife is breaking the law, being late isn't.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Pao has to suck it up and move to where her husband can find the best job to support them and their growing family. It’s not like she is making bank in Miami to support them. In this case, it happens to be OK. Russ took a huge step down professionally in Miami. Getting a good job in OK will put him on a better track to possibly find a better job in an area more pleasing to her. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our families, especially when one spouse has a highly specialized career. I had to leave my beloved New Orleans because my own specialized chemist of a husband got an excellent offer in podunk beach town Florida. He makes three times what I do, and I can find a job almost anywhere. So, you make hard choices that will be of the most benefit to your family and kids. Besides, the move to Oklahoma doesn’t have to be forever. When Russ  gets back on his feet with a decent job, it’s always easier to find a new one when you already have one. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.  I'm saying that she has intentionally avoided (after five years) getting to know and conform to basic values and norms of the culture of the country she has moved to when it would be appropriate to do so, like when she is visiting relatives in Oklahoma. Living in Miami doesn't mean she can't dress like other women when she is not "modeling," that she can't show up on time for a party honoring her (and thrown by people she ostensibly wants to get along with), that she can't at least *pretend* to be an American wife when she is visiting her in-laws in Oklahoma.

One way she has avoided conforming in America is to restrict her social circle to people who share her native norms.  We don't know if the women she hangs out with professionally are married or have any other reason to try to fit into American life; Pao seems to me to be working hard to avoid being accepted into Russ's world.  There's no reason she can't live in both worlds. 

An important part, maybe the most important part, of being married is working together to resolve problems like this, to compromise so that the greatest happiness for each partner can be achieved.  Other than (I presume) the sex, it seems like Russ is doing all the giving and none of the getting.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

I had to leave my beloved New Orleans because my own specialized chemist of a husband got an excellent offer in podunk beach town Florida. He makes three times what I do, and I can find a job almost anywhere. So, you make hard choices that will be of the most benefit to your family and kids. Besides, the move to Oklahoma doesn’t have to be forever. When Russ  gets back on his feet with a decent job, it’s always easier to find a new one when you already have one. 

I think you make a good point.  If Pao really wants to model, go on Instagram and become an "influencer" like a lot of folks do.  You can do Instagram from anywhere.  

• Love 6

May is the cutest!!  I was happy to see that she seems to be doing well, in spite of the misfortune of having Nicole as her mother.  While I love hate-watching this show, I do cringe at the collateral damage these self-absorbed parents inflict on their kids.

I think Russ and Paola's storyline is fake, fake, fake.

I also don't plan on watching The Family Chantel.  Not out of principle or anything silly like that (-; , but because I'm just not interested. That show has already been done, and was called Jerry Springer.

I might have felt badly for Ashley, however... the way she's prolonging and delighting in torturing Jay does not exactly make her sympathetic. 

• Love 6
On 5/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, Ciarrai said:

I think the poster is talking about Nicole's dad, not Kalani's dad.

Same beard though.

Nicole’s dad seems really immature.  Maybe she inherited that trait from him.  I wonder if Nicole’s stepfather wasn’t invited to the bday party or he is just through with appearing on the show?  A little kid’s bday party with live gators.  What could go wrong?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Pretty much. 

Exactly.

And the thing about passive-aggression (if that's what we're labeling Mother Russ with) is that it is done with the greatest concern for manners--that's what makes it so maddening.  You can't complain about it because the passive aggressor can come back with "all I said was..."  Pao isn't being passive-aggressive; she's being rude.  Rude isn't good in any culture, and it behooves someone from another country to learn and observe what is considered rude where they are now living.  That's just good manners.

And about arriving at social events late:  I was taught that you should arrive up to an hour late to a party, but a dinner requires you to be on time because you may be making other people sit there with their soup getting cold.  Since this invitation was for two hours before the start of the actual party, I think it's clear that showing up late wasn't going to be the polite thing to do.

• Love 1

But why shouldn’t Pao suck it up and move to Oklahoma? That is where her husband was living when they came back to the US. She knew that before the wedding.

Instead. Pao proceeded to make up a fake modeling career to move to Miami and told Russ they were finished if he didn’t get on the Miami plan. Russ gets to Miami and surprise surprise, no modeling career. She can’t support herself in Miami and there are better employment opportunities for Russ elsewhere.

Pao is the aging version of Fernanda. A selfish opportunist.

But here’s what it really boils down to. Pao could’ve stayed in Colombia if she needs to be around likeminded people and a shared sense of culture. Bucamarenga looks nice! She could’ve been an Instagram thot anywhere in the world. Why did she need to marry Russ? Oh yeah, to be on tv.

As for Russ and men in general, don’t marry a party girl and think you can turn her into a meek schoolmarm wearing cardigan sets and ankle length skirts. Russ could’ve found that woman in Oklahoma. Why do these guys keep acting ashamed of the party girl they have good times with when it comes to their families? What kind of identity crisis is this?

He’s also not camera shy.

• Love 23
22 hours ago, Drogo said:

because she's married to and knocked up by A Bad Arnold Schwarzenegger Impersonation Personified.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:17 AM, Chickabiddy said:

I always think of Dracula when he treats us to that Eastern European accent.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

But why shouldn’t Pao suck it up and move to Oklahoma? That is where her husband was living when they came back to the US. She knew that before the wedding.

Instead. Pao proceeded to make up a fake modeling career to move to Miami and told Russ they were finished if he didn’t get on the Miami plan. Russ gets to Miami and surprise surprise, no modeling career. She can’t support herself in Miami and there are better employment opportunities for Russ elsewhere.

Pao is the aging version of Fernanda. A selfish opportunist.

But here’s what it really boils down to. Pao could’ve stayed in Colombia if she needs to be around likeminded people and a shared sense of culture. Bucamarenga looks nice! She could’ve been an Instagram thot anywhere in the world. Why did she need to marry Russ? Oh yeah, to be on tv.

As for Russ and men in general, don’t marry a party girl and think you can turn her into a meek schoolmarm wearing cardigan sets and ankle length skirts. Russ could’ve found that woman in Oklahoma. Why do these guys keep acting ashamed of the party girl they have good times with when it comes to their families? What kind of identity crisis is this?

He’s also not camera shy.

Pao needs a reality check. She's not model material. but rather unfortunate looking. It's never going to happen. If she thinks that a regular job is beneath her, she could try hawking diarrhea tea and waist trainers on IG. 

She could also try her luck at happiness. Half the time she acts like her life is a punishment. She had to attend a baby shower that was thrown in her honor and she had to open presents without Russ. Oh, the humanity! 

No question that his family is conservative and they certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea. But they are making an effort and it wouldn't hurt Pao to do the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
51 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Pao needs a reality check. She's not model material. but rather unfortunate looking. It's never going to happen. If she thinks that a regular job is beneath her, she could try hawking diarrhea tea and waist trainers on IG. 

Pao is THIRTY, for cryin out loud. A little late to start a modeling career. And if this show is any indication she has no ability as an actress.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pao is THIRTY, for cryin out loud. A little late to start a modeling career. And if this show is any indication she has no ability as an actress.

Ha! I thought you meant to say thirSty. But both thirty and thirsty are accurate in Pao's case. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I know that PLENTY of people in the US will say the party starts at 6 when it really starts at 8.  I mentioned that I went to a party like that last weekend and that was in the USA.

If someone invitrd me to their party, and told me it starts at 6, and my ass shows up at 6, but the party didn't really start til 8...I'd tell that someone to fuck off for not only lying, but for wasting my time, and to never invite me to one of their parties again. How rude!

• Like 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What does beating someone have to do with being late?  There are a lot of things that have changed because of culture; beating your wife is breaking the law, being late isn't.

I was using that as an EXTREME example of a person trying to explain every rudeness with "but it's my culture."  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

32 as of yesterday.  

• Love 2

When I moved to Japan for a job, I had to figure out their cultural norms and expectations as quick as possible.  I don't think it would have gone over well if I told people "well, in the U.S., we..."  I worked for a Japanese company and figured out life in Japan pretty quickly.  Grow up Pao!

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Spike said:

But daddy why spend $150 on a mower that could go to groceries?     One, neither looks like they miss too many meals.  Two, they could buy a used manual mower for 20 bucks and Andre could use the exercise to counteract the belly.

Or borrow one.  They have a truck.  I am sure the dad has a mower they can borrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was responding to the post about Pao not wanting to leave her "little nest of South American models."  Something about that comment rubbed me the wrong way, like "no Pao, you have to live in Oklahoma and that's that."  If Russ made it clear to her that she had to be one time, then she should have been on time, but I know that PLENTY of people in the US will say the party starts at 6 when it really starts at 8.  I mentioned that I went to a party like that last weekend and that was in the USA.  

I see that too from time to time but I just don't understand it!  If you don't want me there til 8 no biggie but say it starts at 8.  I have an event once a year and the hosts say it starts at 9 but everyone gets at the venue at 1030.  Like a lot of people I have this thing about being prompt so it just doesn't work in my brain to get there late. HA!  So I guess the lesson is know your audience and expectations.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Drogo said:

MomRuss said the plan was for people to arrive 2 hours before the actual shower so they could hang out with Russ and Pao.  The idea being, by the time the boys left for their tee-time she would feel more comfortable being left alone with the ladies for the "shower" activities like games and opening gifts.  The point of the 2 hour pregame was to avoid the issue Pao ended up having- where she walked in and was left alone with a bunch of people she doesn't know. 

And as soon as Russ told her he wasn’t staying for the whole shower, she got her panties (thong)  in a twist and there was no way things were going to turn out well. And since Russ wasn’t there for the actual shower, she can make him “take her side” or he’ll be accused of not being “supportive” of her. So they’ll be back to square one in the battle between Oklahoma (and his family) and Miami where she’s ass-cepted. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SallySarue said:

If someone invitrd me to their party, and told me it starts at 6, and my ass shows up at 6, but the party didn't really start til 8...I'd tell that someone to fuck off for not only lying, but for wasting my time, and to never invite me to one of their parties again. How rude!

And you would have missed some damn good food and great music.  It was worth waiting for.

• Love 1

I have to say that this season they've stepped up their game in terms of quality secondary characters.  Unlike the past, I actually believe that these lawyers are decent and the recruiter can help people find employment.  

And just for giggles, I actually used the, "in my culture", argument with my own mother.  It worked surprisingly well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2019 at 9:41 AM, bichonblitz said:

Andrei is a horrible person. He's always talking so big about being a man and taking careof his family yet doesn't do a damn thing.  Could anybody be more miserable than Libby? Her attitude with her father makes me want to smack that smirk right off her face. Doesn't have a job but can't even be bothered to mow the lawn? Get outta here! 

All she had to do was be gracious!  

"I'm sorry, it's been tough, I'll make sure the lawn gets done this weekend, is that okay?"

You don't have a buy a lawnmower, pay the local gardener a few bucks to mow the lawn every other week.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

What in Sam Hill is growing Father Nicole's chin?  He looks like a human billygoat.  Father Nicole says he is not sure that Azan can make his daughter happy...so why did he offer to sponser that Moroccan con artist?  

I call BS on Ashley saying that her getting botox and extensions are not something she normally would do, yeah right.  

If Ashley is getting botox she looks terrible for 32

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Pao isn't showing up hours late for modelling jobs I promise you that.  And she knows her audience.  

It was bullshit to have Russ's mother put in the time, effort and money to get specialty baked goods and set up the house for a party where you're the guest of honor and show up an hour late.

I'd forgive like 10-15 minutes, but an hour?  If she gets her nails done all the time she knows how long it takes and she just didn't care.  

I would have left too, even if u had nothing to do, because I'm not fixing to sit around waiting two hours for you.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 5/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, Neurochick said:

That's not just true in Columbia, it's true for a lot of folks in the US as well.  I showed up for a party on time, but the party didn't start for an hour and a half, and I realized, "Oh yeah, I forgot."

In our culture people routinely show up late for parties.  But we also know that for a certain type of person, a 230 party means that you're pushing it if you get there at 245.

And I think pao knows that she is dealing with that type of person.  And given how much was riding on the baby shower and the fact that it was being held in her honor she should have asked of she didn't know.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:
9 hours ago, SallySarue said:

And you would have missed some damn good food and great music.  It was worth waiting for.

With a shitty-ass "friend" who doesn't have respect for me or my time...no thanks. I'd rather cook my own food and have my own get-together. I'm a damn good cook.

• Love 8
On 5/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, LGGirl said:

I’d agree with you regarding Andrei if I actually thought their storyline was real.  Something just doesn’t ring true to me.  

Chantel deep down knows the fight was River’s fault.   She brings up the fight and blames Pedro to convince herself and others.  If others believe it’s true than its true.  You’d think her friends would have seen this train wreck at some point and know the truth.  

Pedro's shit eating grin when he and Chantal we're in the confessional was giving me life!  

I hope he gets his 10 year green card and abandons her.  He can do a lot better.

On 5/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, Morrissey said:

Completely agree. But it could be fun to imagine all of them being actors. When in reality:

- Pedro and Mother Chantel have brunch every Sunday

- David is normally a high-class lawyer with a 70-hour week

- Larissa does Margarita Monday with Debbie every week

- Coltee is wearing a padded bra for the show

- Nicole thinks Azan is unattractive and is in love with her overweight nerdy neighbor 

- Pao and Russ live in the apartment above his parents' garage and Pao LOVES it

I'm watching next week's show with all of this in mind. 

Colt looks so....so...awful.  goodness.  There has to be some sort of solution.  We sent a man to the moon and we ha e Spanx....we can find a solution for Colt...I'm sure of it.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:43 PM, linthia said:

I noticed that one of the first things Russ's mother said to Paola when she finally arrived was, "Look at the table. Get some punch or a drink." The whole food set up looked like it had not been touched waiting for Paola to arrive and see it all. Russ's mother must have had to block people from touching the food for hours. I would have said the hell with her, go ahead and eat after 15 minutes of waiting on her.

I wouldn't. I just spend $160 on 2 artisan cakes.  You don't spend that money lightly, or at least I didn't.  I wanted the cakes to be appreciated by the people I bought them for.  It's why it paos disrespect really sucked because I know how expensive those things are.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Nicole's goat dad has the same mannerisms that she has. They have the same babyish facial expressions and dumb way their eyes dart around their sockets like they're too stupid to know where to look.

Maybe that's what an IQ of 75 looks like.

How many "kissing cousins" are there in that family?

I suspect the family tree on Nicole's  dad's side is just a rotting tree trunk.

14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, late to the game, but she probably should.  It has to be expensive to raise a child in Miami.  I wouldn't want to live there, but it's probably the logical choice.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

All she had to do was be gracious!  

"I'm sorry, it's been tough, I'll make sure the lawn gets done this weekend, is that okay?"

You don't have a buy a lawnmower, pay the local gardener a few bucks to mow the lawn every other week.

I'm going to stick up for Andrei again.  Every time they show him, he's doing some sort of chore.  Cleaning the pool, cleaning the kitchen, taking care of the dogs...  he's not sitting around playing video games.  I'm thinking what Libby first said about them just having moved in, and it was summer (fast growing grass time), he hadn't had time yet is true.  Once.  In fact so much of the negative things said about Andrei aren't from him.  It's a lot of Libby, "Andrei says..."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I'm going to stick up for Andrei again.  Every time they show him, he's doing some sort of chore.  Cleaning the pool, cleaning the kitchen, taking care of the dogs...  he's not sitting around playing video games.  I'm thinking what Libby first said about them just having moved in, and it was summer (fast growing grass time), he hadn't had time yet is true.  Once.  In fact so much of the negative things said about Andrei aren't from him.  It's a lot of Libby, "Andrei says..."

I saw him sitting on a couch.  Also, if you have money for dogs, you have money for a gardener.  How much time do you need to cut a lawn?  My gardener needs ten to fifteen minutes.  

Libby doesn't need to say anything negative about Andrei.  It hadn't been done.  Full stop.

And my point wasn't Andrei per se ( though I think any excuse he has that he had soooo many other chores is silly), it was more how easily Libby could have defused that situation with a graceful and apologetic attitude.  Her dad wasn't asking for anything out of bounds and he is giving them a place to live.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, late to the game, but she probably should.  It has to be expensive to raise a child in Miami.  I wouldn't want to live there, but it's probably the logical choice. 

Pao and Russ need to sit down, like adults, and talk about their future. They are expecting a child. Pao's "modeling" career will be put on hold, possibly forever. Russ is working in Miami, making half of what he could make in Oklahoma. How, in Pao's foolish and selfish mind, would staying in Miami make sense?

• Love 12

Haven't finished watching the episode yet, but I remember Elizabeth saying that they didn't have a lawn mower.  Her dad said something about they are only $150 and then she answered something about they would have had to choose between buying the lawn mower or buying groceries for the week.   So it was a choice on their part not to buy a lawn mower.

Where I live, it would cost quite a bit of money to have my yard cut, so I can understand why they don't hire a gardener.  However, they could have asked her dad to front them the money for the lawn mower.   He's paying the mortgage on the place, he wants it kept up nicely, so I'm sure he'd chip in an extra $150 if he knew they'd actually cut the grass. 

I think the whole Pao being horribly late to the shower was somewhat (if not all) scripted.  However,  her situation with hating Russ's family makes me think that she certainly didn't think about the fact that when you marry, you marry into that person's family.    Unless the person you marry is estranged from his/her family, you're going to have to deal with said family.  So if you really don't like them or feel that uncomfortable around them that you can't be at a party with them once a year, then maybe you need to re-think getting married to begin with.

• Love 3

Elizabeth is probably so used to Daddy paying for everything, she likely thought he would automatically fund her lifestyle with Andrei forever. Since Elizabeth was only working part-time for Daddy and knew Andrei would not be allowed to work for awhile, who did she think they would pay the bills? 

Russ and Pao come across as two people who are embarrassed to be seen with the other. They always look like they are afraid of what the other is going to say or do. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

...it was more how easily Libby could have defused that situation with a graceful and apologetic attitude.  Her dad wasn't asking for anything out of bounds and he is giving them a place to live.

I am 100% on board for this bit.  She is so used to getting absolutely everything (her dad's fault really), that she has zero idea how to be gracious.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, SallySarue said:

With a shitty-ass "friend" who doesn't have respect for me or my time...no thanks. I'd rather cook my own food and have my own get-together. I'm a damn good cook.

Okay, to each their own.

And that friend would do anything for my mother and me, not a shitty person at all.  Just because someone isn't on time doesn't make them a shitty friend.  I think other things are a lot worse than being late.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Okay, to each their own.

And that friend would do anything for my mother and me, not a shitty person at all.  Just because someone isn't on time doesn't make them a shitty friend.  I think other things are a lot worse than being late.

People aren't shitty for being late.  But I think it's pretty shitty to show up an hour late for a party being thrown in your honor.  Particularly when someone went out of their way and did the best job they could to pay homage to you culture.  Yeah, maybe they didn't have Columbian food, but Russ's mom did the best she could with those cookies.

I don't buy that she couldn't know or didn't know.  Russ's parents are very clearly people who start a party ON TIME.

If pao has been here for five years she has likely attended a few social events that have been run by...anglo americans(?) who start things on time.

• Love 9

I find it didn't strike Russ as odd that Pao was going to have her nails done during the shower. Wouldn't you ask your spouse questions about the timing of that? Whole thing is odd.

And kudos to the person, I can't remember where I saw it, that put Goat Dad in writing.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

I am 100% on board for this bit.  She is so used to getting absolutely everything (her dad's fault really), that she has zero idea how to be gracious.

Yes! I just think  rather than defuse the situation or at least try to put some effort into logically defending herself, Libby immediately tries the sob story to see what she can get out of her dad. Mentioning that it was the lawn mower or groceries was a dramatic response designed to try and manipulate her dad into feeling sorry for her and possibly giving her more $$. She can’t help herself. It’s worked all these years. Stick with what works.

As for the fucking grass, I’ll believe it was long when I see the pictures. I’m not taking Father Libby’s word for it that it was that bad. He has hated Andrei since day 1 and is just chomping at the bit to ruin that relationship and send his ass packing back to Moldova. You just know he is going to driving by that house twice a day to be sure everything is in order. I wouldn’t  put it past him to use his landlord key to do a surprise inspection INSIDE the house when no one is home.

And because I got to say it every time - the feckless Andrei story line does not match up with his personality last season or how he portrays himself in his talking heads. There is a real disconnect that doesn’t exist with the other contestants between their interviews and their camera scenes. 

Actually, what started my suspicion about how truly high the level of  BSc is  is how different Annie, David, Tarik and Dean were on Pillow Talk. They were all hilarious, fun and quite clever. You could even see a different relationship dynamic between Annie and David. I could kinda see that they actually enjoy each other. Tarik and Dean were no longer the doofus brothers. I actually enjoy their take on those things and wouldn’t  even mind having a beer with them sometime.  (!) 😳It was really a revelation to me about just how much of this show may be a total set up. 

As for Andrei being a lazy sack of shit, he could be. I’m just not ready to condemn him just yet. Time will tell.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 12
(edited)

I find it funny that some of these spouses that come to America insist their American significant other leave their good job and home so they can peruse some pipe dream.   I don’t care if the foreign spouse left their country and their family.   That was their choice.   They are being selfish.  

If my husband got a better job with advancement in another state, I’d say “When are we leaving.”

@Chickabiddy love your post and agree 💯 %

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 8