Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I do think she’s beautiful, and love that she’s not beating herself up for not being a skinny girl. Life is too short to not love yourself and enjoy it. 

But why does she repeatedly say that she is a size 12-14?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Meghan can't even ask the question of Amy Klobuchar about staff turnover without READING off a blue card!!

And her eye makeup is ridiculously overdone today. Blue! White! Black! Way too much.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think it’s possible she’s being truthful as she’s just over 5 feet tall. A 12-14 short woman will look a lot heavier than a 12-14 5’7” woman. 

I’m built entirely different from Meghan myself, so who knows. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Because she has ONE clothing item she can wear that has a label that says 12-14. Probably an oversized tunic, similar to something from whoopi's fashion line.

I get it. I admit to being whatever size is the smallest that I can still wear.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Black community turned against her and she lost all of the goodwill she had had over her win for Ghost.  She took something that was painful in our history and made a mockery of it. So, it does not surprise me that she minimizes racism because her wealth shields her from it in some ways and she loves the N word.  I remember her trying to get Barbara Walters to use that word on national TV. Barbara wisely refused to do so. I also think that Ted dumped her because of the fallout over blackface in addition to the end of his mid-life crisis. 

The irony is that there was one time that she announced she would never use the word again. I forgot what the circumstances were that caused her to make that announcement on a TV program, but her vow didn't seem to last long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Miss Meggie, when you want to move a subject along, it's expedite, NOT extradite.  My Gawd you are so dense!!!

Her malapropisms would be funny with someone else, but because she is so smug about her knowledge, they are just sad. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

In the beginning...whaaaaaaaat?  MM is the voice of reason?..then true to form, only took one new topic for her to go screech again.  Dam.  A short flash of what could be...lol so twilight zone.

I liked AK a lot.  Of all the womens...she struck me more than any of the others

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan's proclamation yesterday that no one at the table is a snowflake was a case of her protesting too much.  I think deep down she knows she's a snowflake and gets her feelings hurt easily, but her insecurities cause her to constantly refer to herself as a tough badass.

Regarding the Selena thing, Howard apologized for that a couple of days later, as I recall.  The Latino community was very upset over that skit.

I was a huge Howard fan back in the day.  (I still am, but I'm no longer able to listen to him since he moved to Sirius.)  Yes, many of the bits he did were cringe worthy, but there was no one then (or now) who can interview someone like Howard can.  To me, he's the best interviewer in the business, bar none.

eta:  I can't get rid of the quote box at the top of my post.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan's proclamation yesterday that no one at the table is a snowflake was a case of her protesting too much.  I think deep down she knows she's a snowflake and gets her feelings hurt easily, but her insecurities cause her to constantly refer to herself as a tough badass.

Regarding the Selena thing, Howard apologized for that a couple of days later, as I recall.  The Latino community was very upset over that skit.

I was a huge Howard fan back in the day.  (I still am, but I'm no longer able to listen to him since he moved to Sirius.)  Yes, many of the bits he did were cringe worthy, but there was no one then (or now) who can interview someone like Howard can.  To me, he's the best interviewer in the business, bar none.

eta:  I can't get rid of the quote box at the top of my post.

I didn't know he had apologized regarding Selena. I went looking for it umm, I guess you can call it an "apology".  I'll just leave at that. It's an old story. 

I do agree he is a good interviewer. 

A picture of Meghan should be in the dictionary next to snowflake. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Shut up, Meghan!  Let the guest speak!

It is impossible for me to believe that Meghan who  is 33 or 34, went to college, and, has traveled, has never known anyone who has had an abortion.  But then, it's also hard for me to believe that Joy or Sunny have never punched her in the face.

It may be because they would never tell her.  My guess is she knows a lot of women who have had them.  

4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't they have a guest on recently that Meghan had to shout out was her friend, and then the friend went on to discuss her abortion?  Does that mean Meghan ended that friendship, or did she conveniently forget?

Amber Tamblyn I believe

• Love 7
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Oh Meghan, here you go in your imaginary world, thinking you are healthy.

Next time she says that, I want her on a scale (that I have a tested to be accurate). Then calculate her BMI showing overweight or maybe obese.

But of course, she will say she is healthy.

And blood work

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg retweeted this today.

Will there ever be any consequences for Meghan attacking their guests after they leave?  She also just shouted that she "hated!" Blasio yesterday.  

• Love 17

Nutmeg's tell is that upper lip snarl she does when she is emotional, nervous or upset.  When she said today that she is comfortable with her body and doesn't care that she gets called Miss Piggy, her upper lip was curling.

I think it is fine for her to say she doesn't care, but nobody wants to be called Miss Piggy or some of the other really awful fat-shaming that shows up on her twitter page.  But it doesn't bother her.🙄

But then, she doesn't realize how stupid and odious she is.  No one needs to fat shame her, there's plenty of things she can and should be criticized for. 😇

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

If Meghan were a lovely sweet plumpish woman, I would be fine with her chubbiness and enjoying desserts. I'm a plumpish woman myself. Why, some of my best friends are plumpish. It isn't what goes into her mouth, it's what comes out of her mouth. 

😂 I can’t argue with not liking the things that come out of her mouth. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It may be because they would never tell her.  My guess is she knows a lot of women who have had them.  

Amber Tamblyn I believe

In the young turks, Anna Kasparin commented how Meghan is lying about her personal believes. They worked together and Meghan expressed other opinions about abortion in private. She is only acting for the show and the conservatives.

If this is true she is really disgusting. Hypocrite  

• Love 18

I think the criticism of her body is over the top, personally. If I hate what she says 97% of the time (and I do), then what she says gives me plenty of material to criticize her for. Why resort to making cracks about her figure? Doing so implies that there's something wrong with being overweight and there isn't.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I think the criticism of her body is over the top, personally. If I hate what she says 97% of the time (and I do), then what she says gives me plenty of material to criticize her for. Why resort to making cracks about her figure? Doing so implies that there's something wrong with being overweight and there isn't.

I am quite chunky myself, and I don't blame her for her defense of all kinds of body types being acceptable, but does she have to be so aggressive and unpleasant when she states her case? People would listen to her more if she would calm down and not be so angrily defensive.

• Love 13
Just now, Kenz said:

I am quite chunky myself, and I don't blame her for her defense of all kinds of body types being acceptable, but does she have to be so aggressive and unpleasant when she states her case? People would listen to her more if she would calm down and not be so angrily defensive.

If what we dislike about her is her attitude and delivery, then we can criticize that, but criticizing her body makes it sound like we have a problem with overweight women, and surely that's not the case.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

If what we dislike about her is her attitude and delivery, then we can criticize that, but criticizing her body makes it sound like we have a problem with overweight women, and surely that's not the case.

The people who attack her  weight on the internet are usually on twitter and not really on here. She is such a nasty person that I really don't care if people make cracks about her weight. I find her that loathsome and intolerable as a person. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, mongoose said:

Her malapropisms would be funny with someone else, but because she is so smug about her knowledge, they are just sad. 

Thank you ... I can never think of that word.  (Maybe I'll just call her Malaprop Meggie to remember!!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The people who attack her on the internet are usually on twitter and not really on here. She is such a nasty person that I really don't care if people make cracks about her weight. I find her that loathsome and intolerable as a person. 

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind she'd be the first to talk smack about what someone else looks like if she wasn't on the hefty side herself. I personally don't need to resort to attacking her weight considering everything else vile about her (although I do laugh when people here mock her for lying about her dress size), but I have no sympathy left for the woman whatsoever. She's earned every bit of awfulness that is said to and about her.

• Love 22
(edited)

I have broken my own rule a couple of times over this bitch.  My rule being that when I chime in with my 2 cents worth on these boards, I never make fun of someone's physical appearance*; including their weight.  It always makes me feel bad afterwards when I do that so I don't do it.  That said, Meghan McCain is heartless, hateful and has no conscience or soul so the few times I have made a crack about her weight, I did not have any remorse for doing so.

*hair, makeup, wardrobe not included, lol.

Edited by Cementhead
crappy spelling.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
56 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind she'd be the first to talk smack about what someone else looks like if she wasn't on the hefty side herself

I may have said something about her weight--mostly about her fantasy size 12's, and I AM hefty-hefty-hefty.  Sadly, I wasn't HEFTY until I was in my 50s, so I still think I look fine--until I pass a mirror.  Who IS she?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I have broken my own rule a couple of times over this bitch.  My rule being that when I chime in with my 2 cents worth on these boards, I never make fun of someone's physical appearance*; including their weight.  It always makes me feel bad afterwards when I do that so I don't do it.  That said, Meghan McCain is heartless, hateful and has no conscience or soul so the few times I have made a crack about her weight, I did not have any remorse for doing so.

*hair, makeup, wardrobe not included, lol.

yep, me too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Doing so implies that there's something wrong with being overweight and there isn't.

I wish we didn't have to say that people are "overweight."  Over WHAT weight?

(although I do say I'm overweight...over what my knees want me to be)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Wow Nutmeg was Already in a pissy mood when she walked out on stage. She looked like she was on her way to bathroom to take a hard dump. Furrowed brow, death stare she had it All going on today. And wtf up with her hair and stupid eye makeup? 

When Klobachar was telling her story about working with her father, Nutmegs face was a combination of ‘wtf huh? my dad worked with a Democrat?, why didn’t my daddy tell me this?’ 

She looked constipated throughout the show 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Today Meghan McCain displayed all of the qualities that make her intolerable. She kept overtalking everyone, asking Senator Klobuchar repeatedly if she was for third term abortions.

• Are you now or have you ever supported third-term abortions?

Answer me, dammit!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And she is calling them murderers.

And calling the devastating procedure (late-term abortion) where a fetus who cannot make it into the world alive and functioning, "INFANTICIDE."  It's just so heartless...and unnecessary.  Just jump on the bandwagon, Ditz.

Every day I wish she had enough intelligence and curiosity to get full information on all her proclamations.  The View's staff and her assistants/publicists would be of great help.  But no, she does just fine yelling out incomplete and false information.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

NOBODY is in FAVOR of abortion. Everyone is "pro-life" in terms of being in favor of LIFE.  But not everyone sees it as the black and white issue you do.

But Meghan's crowd is only pro the beginning of life in a woman's uterus.  Do they advocate anything else?  Pro, let's pay the medical bills?  Pro, let's adopt all those little unwanted babies--and sometimes their mothers?  Pro, let's help out with all of their living expenses?

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was reading on FB (so it must be true) that the new abortion law in OH makes even surgery to end an ectopic pregnancy illegal. Apparently the legislators believe the embryo can be relocated. Meghan and her ilk are so focused on lies that they can’t understand it’s a nuanced issue. 

I looked it up. It's true. Joy had an ectopic pregnancy. It'd be interesting if this was brought up. 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

but instead she gets all defensive and says that she could get any man or job she ever wanted,

...and could she if she didn't have the benefits of wealth (big time!), status, and name recognition?  Could some chubby degreed 34-year-old on the other side of town who can't afford to stay blonde-blonde-blonde, who has to wear size 24 because she can't afford size 12, who has bad skin because she can't afford a dermatologist...and has no name recognition or possible nepotic associations--get any man or any job she wants? 

ETA:  I bolded "any man" because that's so typical of a modern independent, self-confident woman.  Meghan McCain states, "I can get any man I want."  What a piece of _____________ (insert favorite piece here).

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 5:32 PM, Bronzedog said:

Thanks!  I live in Maryland too and have heard of him, but, didn't know that he's running for President.

He was actually the FIRST Democratic candidate to announce he was running for President--he announced in July of 2017, and that, combined with his already low profile (and eventually his status as a middle aged white guy surrounded by numerous women candidates) meant that his campaign has never really been taken that seriously. 

At the very least, though, his district (the 6th--Western Maryland--which includes my alma mater in Allegany County--and parts of Montgomery County by DC) is now pretty solidly in the Democratic column--for a long time, it was the most Republican district in the state, due to it formerly being the exclusive home of Western Maryland/the more Republican areas of suburban Baltimore, namely Frederick and Carroll County. Adding MontCo/losing some of the latter more GOP suburban counties after the 2010 Census changed all that, and Delaney was the first Congressman elected under the new boundaries.

(Yes, I am also from Maryland--but I live in the 5th, in Steny Hoyer's district. And yes, I'm a political junkie. But to stay on topic, even if I WASN'T from the state, I think I would STILL know more about this than Miss Political In Utero would, so THERE! 🙂 )

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Years ago Keith Olberman was on Bill Maher's show and they were talking about one of the Fox guys. I can't remember if they said who it was or not but Keith said that guy told him he was only playing the role of the outraged conservative because it helped his career.

That sounds like Glenn Beck to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

...I have no sympathy left for the woman whatsoever. She's earned every bit of awfulness that is said to and about her.

Yes, this x 1000! Meghan has earned everything that gets thrown at her. She'll be fine with a few criticisms of her looks, she can wipe away her tears with her undeserved millions. And I mean there really is something about her that is becoming increasingly toad-like. And many of her fashion choices like that horror yesterday aren't helping. I'm put in mind of Roald Dahl's The Twits: “If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it." (To be honest, this week every time I heard and saw Meghan on this show, I was seeing Gilead more and more.)

To many folk who attack her like this online, I imagine they have very little control against the people like Meghan and the policies they espouse that would destroy their lives. So I give them a bit of leeway with remarks like that. I prefer better made arguments and deeper thought and wittier comebacks, but to some maybe that's all they have to get back at her with.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Fixed my tenses.
  • Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I don't love MM by any stretch of the imagination, but I am loving her look today: the dress is cute AND her eye makeup is perfect. I also liked her desire to stop reducing women to their bodies. I'm glad she's comfortable in her body. 

I do hate, however, her constant spewing of lies and half-truths, and her weird-ass love of Paul Ryan. 

I won't lie, I ALWAYS cringe when I see someone here call her a fat ass or some sort of variation. I know a lot of it probably has to do with her personality/a LOT of ill-fitting clothes, but as someone who is heavier than she wants to be, and has struggled for over a decade to lose weight and keep it off...yeah, it hits a nerve. (And I'm four years younger than Meghan, so that adds to the pressure, too.)

I mean, I KNOW my personality means none of you would EVER call me something like that (or at least I hope so...if nothing else, my body type can support extra weight in a way that some simply can't, so I don't look THAT bad!), but still. 😞 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 14

Re. The weight issue. It’s juvenile and a cheap shot to make fun of someone’s weight. I’m glad that Meghan is comfortable in her skin but as a medical professional I could never tell her she is at a healthy weight and should stay where she is or keep gaining. People should never allow their weight to define them, everyone needs to accept themselves as they are at this minute and be kind to themselves but you also can’t bury your head and pretend that being overweight (or underweight) doesn’t have consequences. I like Ana’s attitude, Ana knows she is heavier than she would like and she admits it’s because she is an emotional eater and that is someone you can work with if and when she decides to make a change. Meghan is unfortunate in that she’s apple shaped and carries her weight in the danger areas of abdomen, neck and chest. That puts her at a higher risk for many health issues and I’m sure her doctors have discussed this with her. That’s where the discussion belongs. Calling her Miss Piggy on Twitter is not going to change her weight or her views but like honking in traffic it probably gives the poster a way to blow off some frustration. I think if she developed a sense of humor about herself and just blocked people who have nothing to offer but fat jokes she would be happier and people would lay off a bit. People get bored when they don’t get a reaction. 

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, UYI said:

He was actually the FIRST Democratic candidate to announce he was running for President--he announced in July of 2017, and that, combined with his already low profile (and eventually his status as a middle aged white guy surrounded by numerous women candidates) meant that his campaign has never really been taken that seriously. 

At the very least, though, his district (the 6th--Western Maryland--which includes my alma mater in Allegany County--and parts of Montgomery County by DC) is now pretty solidly in the Democratic column--for a long time, it was the most Republican district in the state, due to it formerly being the exclusive home of Western Maryland/the more Republican areas of suburban Baltimore, namely Frederick and Carroll County. Adding MontCo/losing some of the latter more GOP suburban counties after the 2010 Census changed all that, and Delaney was the first Congressman elected under the new boundaries.

(Yes, I am also from Maryland--but I live in the 5th, in Steny Hoyer's district. And yes, I'm a political junkie. But to stay on topic, even if I WASN'T from the state, I think I would STILL know more about this than Miss Political In Utero would, so THERE! 🙂 )

Small world! I'm from Allegany County too! (I've never heard of this guy, though.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Joy did bring it up...she had one (ectopic).....you can bleed to death, and no, there is no "baby' there...My God, these people need to take 10th grade biology. Talk about Fake News??????

Happened to me too. 

I hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks. I was 44. Spotting a bit which i thought was perimenopause. 

I finally went to the dr. After tests,  He said i have was pregnant, butitwas tubsl/ectopic and I needed to go to the hospital NOW. did i have someone to drive me or did they need to get an ambulance?

I was 6 weeks along.   My sister drove me. Hubbie was out of town.  I had surgery and my mom said the dr. Was astounded at how much blood there was.  

Bittersweet.

I used to escort women from car to door at abortion clinics back in the 80's/90's.   I did worry a bit about  getting shot. I wouldn't do it today--too many crazies . Real crazy. 

• Love 14

NutMeg has been quoting a stat that is something like 47% are pro-life and 47% are pro-choice.  AK countered with 72% do not want Roe v. Wade overturned*.  The latter is the more important stat.  NutMeg ignored her.

36 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

How can she not be aware that what she’s calling third term abortions/infanticide/murder is a medical procedure done as a last resort when the life of the mother and/or child is in jeopardy or when bringing the child into the world would cause it more pain and suffering than a termination as in the case Ana referenced.

A doctor tweeted to her a very thorough explanation, and he was polite and professional and offered I think to come on the View.  I think the producers owe it to viewers to bring on a medical professional because her hysteria about infanticide is probably confusing most people who don't know what she is talking about.  I didn't and had to some research.  She refuses to believe anything anybody tells her, but at least the viewing audience should have the correct information.

*(All my percentages could be wrong, just going on memory, but it is in the neighbourhood)

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
17 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Small world! I'm from Allegany County too! (I've never heard of this guy, though.)

I went to college there (I think you can figure out where based on me saying that, lol), but I'm from Southern Maryland originally, and that's where I am now. 🙂 

I think Delaney lives in the Montgomery County portion of the 6th District, which it wasn't even a part of until 2012. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I was 6 weeks along.   My sister drove me. Hubbie was out of town.  I had surgery and my mom said the dr. Was astounded at how much blood there was.

Scary.

Scarier still is that under strict anti-abortion laws, an ectopic pregnancy will mean you die.  If the embryo is a person, no doctor is going to risk being charged with homicide, so you just bleed internally until you die.

• Love 3