Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/13/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Anyone catch the ultimate hypocrisy if letting MM announce National Foster Kids Day or whatever?  

Hypocritical because she's pro-life,  and so many lower economic and  kids of color end up in the system. Why isn't MM doing something for the kids that are here? Joy said they only care for kids in the womb. 

Meghan does have an adopted sibling that her mother brought back from a trip to an orphanage in Bangladesh. It's likely that she feels a connection to foster kids because of this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Anyone catch the ultimate hypocrisy if letting MM announce National Foster Kids Day or whatever?  

Hypocritical because she's pro-life,  and so many lower economic and  kids of color end up in the system. Why isn't MM doing something for the kids that are here? Joy said they only care for kids in the womb. 

She sounded very robotic and disconnected while reading it. I wasn't looking at the screen though, just heard her reading it.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'm really surprised that Meghan stood alone on Kamala. A woman with her pedigree should not need to pander with photos of her cooking. It speaks to what we still think of of women's roles in this country.

Any photos out there of Angela Merkel whipping up bratwurst?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

The only thing I'm surprised about is that McCain didn't scream during Beto's interview. You could tell she wanted to. Beto is not my favorite (although I think he and regular View-visitor Buttigieg are the best of the overexposed white guys running), but she's made it obvious over the past two months she hates him with a rage of a million suns because he might be the one who could stand in the way of her dear friend Biden becoming the nominee. I bet it pissed her off when she talked about Biden's advantage and O'Rourke brought up the recent poll that showed himself with the highest percentage of victory in a hypothetical General Election when the various Democratic nominees were put against Trump--higher than her DEAR BIDEN. Suck it, lady!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

White, wealthy women have ALWAYS had the option.  Call it a D & C and call it a day.

Exactly. Only the poor people that will be having most of the babies that Meghan wants other people to have, and as Joy rightly says, the Republicans don't want to support after birth.   My father was an OB-GYN&oncologist from 1954-1996 and my mother a nurse, so around the dinner table when I grew up, his answer to "what did you do today" often included a D&C or two.  So I knew what it was when I was 12.  These were all for his regular patients (wealthy as well as lower & middle class people with job-provided medical insurance) who had "uterine congestion", not one-off procedures on strangers.  The wealthy also used it to put off a period so it would not occur during a big vacation (now this can be done by taking only the potent pills in birth control packages to time-shift your period).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 11
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yeah. I do like him, but the more I see and hear of him, the more I wonder if he jumped into this Presidential thing too soon. From what I gathered, the interview started out somewhat decent and then he began to stutter and take more pauses as it went along. I agree with you that other candidates are much more exciting at this time. 

He started off strong on the show but he seems to have been memorizing and practicing a variety of talking points with passion so that it appears to be spontaneous and deeply felt.  He knew what MM would ask, so he was prepared, and I've already heard the same speeches verbatim elsewhere.  He stumbled when he was asked things he had not prepared answers for. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, deirdra said:

He started off strong on the show but he seems to have been memorizing and practicing a variety of talking points with passion so that it appears to be spontaneous and deeply felt.  He knew what MM would ask, so he was prepared, and I've already heard the same speeches verbatim elsewhere.  He stumbled when he was asked things he had not prepared answers for. 

Exactly!  Something was bugging me about it being off.  I had the opinion going in that i didnt care for him.  Then that started to change  in the beginning.  Then he lost me and my mind was elsewhere. BuzzZzzzzZzzzzz boooooooooring!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

When Meghan said that Alysa Milano should have thought about the consequences of her tweet before sending it, I was hoping one of them would say "tell that to your husband".  They also had their chance in the Constance Wu discussion.

Exact thought went through my head.  She really is a little brain isn't she?  Bless her heart...

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

That's a good point.  White, wealthy women have ALWAYS had the option.  Call it a D & C and call it a day.

And add several days and nice vacation.  Sometimes it's even in a beautiful country where most of us can't afford to visit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Reading the comments (on the West coast) before watching today, I was expecting to see a real Beto-bungle, but he didn't come across as meh to moi.  I admit. however, to being blinded by  despair... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

Also, I'm fine with her articulating her view, which as she said, is held by lots of  other women, but things got a bit wild when she started to talk about "science" and that there is a consensus that supports her viewpoint.

It's probably easy for her to support/repeat the "science" that says the earth is only 6000 years old AND that it's possible that Jesus walked with dinosaurs.  Plenty-O-Believers to support her viewpoint and the 6000 years one.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I wish someone would ask Meghan if she'd be willing to adopt a severely disabled child from a single mother who had had no access to abortion.

Or even babysit for a full day.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Meghan does have an adopted sibling that her mother brought back from a trip to an orphanage in Bangladesh. It's likely that she feels a connection to foster kids because of this. 

Again, MM riding the coattails of a parent. Nothing she did. 

I did foster care. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Beto is too twitchy for me.  I’m not a fan.

Here goes Whoopie and her tax obsession.  She didn’t like Beto dodging her question.

Since I didn't see it, I can't speak to it, but I can say that when he was on Bill Maher's show, he wasn't exhibiting any of these tics that y'all are saying he did on this show. Makes me go...hmmmm....

2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Oh? You mean the sister she never talks about? Or did she mention her sister today?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since I didn't see it, I can't speak to it, but I can say that when he was on Bill Maher's show, he wasn't exhibiting any of these tics that y'all are saying he did on this show. Makes me go...hmmmm....

Oh? You mean the sister she never talks about? Or did she mention her sister today?

Apparently her sister is extremely private and does not want to be in the public eye at all. This People article gives a bit more information.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

Reading the comments (on the West coast) before watching today, I was expecting to see a real Beto-bungle, but he didn't come across as meh to moi.  I admit. however, to being blinded by  despair... 

Telemachus2--I used the "funny" face to like your comment. I really wish there was a funny/sad face rolled into one--lately I'd be using that a lot. I really do like your "blinded by despair"--hope you don't mind if I use it!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Apparently her sister is extremely private and does not want to be in the public eye at all. This People article gives a bit more information.

Oh. I know she's a private person. But that doesn't mean that Her Twatness can't talk about her. She is her sister, after all. It goes to her disingenuousness.

Yes! I made up a new word!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She sounded very robotic and disconnected while reading it. I wasn't looking at the screen though, just heard her reading it.

It was a strikingly weird moment.  They were in the middle of a discussion, I think it was between her and Ana, and then instead of continuing, NutMeg suddenly switched to do the Foster Care message straight to the camera.  And she was robotic and disconnected as @Alexis2291 says.  She didn't do a proper segue, not that any of them do, but this was so jarring.  And then the way she read it was without any kind of feeling in spite of the topic.  Then the camera went to Whoopi who looked outright stunned and gobsmacked, and made it worse in a way, and then she just took it to break.  Meanwhile Joy is looking at NutMeg and NutMeg is pointing to her earpiece, I guess indicating that they instructed her to end the topic and do the Foster Care message.  

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I love Howard.  Been catching all his appearances lately promoting his book.  GMA this morning.  Looking forward to this.

He's been saying on his show that he' s going to tell Meghan her dad was a hero. I agree he was a hero, but I hate when Meghan gets her my father-ego pump. 

• Love 9

Also, I'm fine with her articulating her view, which as she said, is held by lots of  other women, but things got a bit wild when she started to talk about "science" and that there is a consensus that supports her viewpoint.

Well, here's the thing that I wish SOMEONE, ANYONE would ask her, 

"If life begins at conception, why hasn't anyone proposed regulating In Vitro Fertilization?  Rich, (primarily) white married couples get to create genetically perfect children of the sex of their choice without ANY regulations AT ALL?"  

Of course, I know the answer.  All the pro-lifers KNOW someone in their family, their circle, who has had IVF.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

"If life begins at conception, why hasn't anyone proposed regulating In Vitro Fertilization?  Rich, (primarily) white married couples get to create genetically perfect children of the sex of their choice without ANY regulations AT ALL?"  

Of course, I know the answer.  All the pro-lifers KNOW someone in their family, their circle, who has had IVF.  

Meghan should try to get pregnant to see how she likes it. 

• Love 2

Meghan isn't always wrong..but her body language and manner of delivery is so harsh that she is never listened to.  Last week her and Seth Myers were both wrong..and are both unlikable people.

I miss Sara H more than ever...i felt she represented my view more than the other panelists.  

10 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan isn't always wrong..but her body language and manner of delivery is so harsh that she is never listened to.  Last week her and Seth Myers were both wrong..and are both unlikable people.

I miss Sara H more than ever...i felt she represented my view more than the other panelists.  

I agree with most of your points except I like Seth.  

There are times I agree with Megan is saying then she starts yelling and doesn’t really let people explain their views.   That’s when people tend to tune her out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I might be wrong but weren't Pro-lifers against In Vitro fertilization, saying that if God meant for you to have children you would have one if it was God's will.   It is also why the right used to  be against stem cell research.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

She may feel a connection ( I doubt it ) but I think this was nothing more than the producers trying to make her come across as nice and caring . It's never going to happen ,

There was an old TV show about this , It was called Mission Impossible .

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Orillia said:

She may feel a connection ( I doubt it ) but I think this was nothing more than the producers trying to make her come across as nice and caring . It's never going to happen ,

Is there going to be a campaign to make her softer? She'll be baking pies, reading to children, and frolicking in the forest with animals like a Disney princess. Elsa might accidentally freeze them though. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

There are times I agree with Megan is saying then she starts yelling and doesn’t really let people explain their views.  

She is constantly looking for validation. I guess she doesn't get the point of the show nor of any conversation in life. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I would suspect they also have someone in the family who has had an abortion. Something I find inconsistent in the human-at-conception is when you have a miscarriage in the first or second trimester, there is no expectation of a funeral. I lost three babies before 16 weeks, and  though people were sorry my husband and I were expected to carry on (and we did). This leads me to believe people like Meghan don't really think an embryo is a human being subject to murder.

Edited by MMEButterfly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

He's been saying on his show that he' s going to tell Meghan her dad was a hero. I agree he was a hero, but I hate when Meghan gets her my father-ego pump. 

Speaking of that, it took all of six minutes into the show today for her to say "my dad."

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I agree with most of your points except I like Seth.  

Me, too!

I'll say something nice about Meghan today.  She looked good in the red dress.  I wonder how long it took to match her lipstick so perfectly to her dress.  

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, bannana said:

I guess she doesn't get the point of the show nor of any conversation in life. 

Seems to me she has been allowed (encouraged?) to change the point (and to use her recent vocabulary word--"tenor") of the show. Drastically.

Was it ever so politics-centered?  She flounced in and annnounced she was there to (in so many words) give Joy a run for her money.  It certainly wasn't for her sense of humor or quick wit.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

She looked good in the red dress.  I wonder how long it took to match her lipstick so perfectly to her dress.  

I agree...and kadooz™ to the makeup people.  One of my continual gripes is that the ladies' lipsticks often clash with what they're wearing on top.  This was fabulous!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh. I know she's a private person. But that doesn't mean that Her Twatness can't talk about her. She is her sister, after all. It goes to her disingenuousness.

Yes! I made up a new word!

Exactly, MM uses/throws privacy under the bus any  family and friends to suit her arguments. 

And lets face it,  all MM does is argue.  

Besides misusing words.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like Seth as well and I like him even more for embarrassing the princess of Arizona. 

And I don't even think that was his intent--he's smart and well read.  He wanted to counter the misinformation she was spouting...she just blathered her way into her own embarrassment.  And then...and then, the BEST OF ALL--fodder for the next several days!

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Orillia said:

That moment was a thing of beauty . After another futile attempt to bond with Joy , Joy basically said that every one feels that way and then turned to face Ana and Whoopie. Meghan tried to say something else but everyone just ignored her ,

Seeing Joy turn away like that tells me that she doesn't want Meghan to think they are having a moment or bonding in any way , shape or form. She was so dismissive. Loved it

Can you help me out on this? What was Meghan talking about? I heard her and noticed she was trying to put Joy and herself a team once again but I had no idea what she was saying lol? Were they agreeing on something and I wasn't paying attention? 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Can you help me out on this? What was Meghan talking about? I heard her and noticed she was trying to put Joy and herself a team once again but I had no idea what she was saying lol? Were they agreeing on something and I wasn't paying attention? 

To me this was all about the relationship between Joy and Meghan. Meghan has shown so much disrespect to Joy but still thinks that on some level they're friends. Joy , on the other hand has had enough. She knows that Meghan was only trying to suck up to her. Meghan thinks that when she points out that they agree she is really saying something like ,see I actually agree with Joy so I can't be all that bad. Joy quickly shot that down by saying everyone agrees with that.

But what really stuck out to me was that Joy immediately turned away from Meghan and basically ignored her . Now I'm no body language expert , but I don't think that's a good sign. I can't recall ever seeing Joy have such a physical reaction to Meghan's feeble attempts to bond.

To be honest , I don't remember exactly what they were agreeing on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

It was during the "discussion" about Kamala's husband posting a photo of Kamala in the kitchen on social media.  The Princess of Arizona had already had her say about it and then it was Joy's turn to speak and she made the joke about the jerk chicken .... and that she just wants to vote for whomever can get that jerk out of the White House and the audience cracks up with laughter and then the Princess jumps in and steps all over Joy's joke by yelling something like "See!!  See!!!  Joy and I actually agree on something!! See everybody?"  And Joy. was. not. having. it.  She was like "whatevs, Bitch."

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

It was during the "discussion" about Kamala's husband posting a photo of Kamala in the kitchen on social media.  The Princess of Arizona had already had her say about it and then it was Joy's turn to speak and she made the joke about the jerk chicken .... and that she just wants to vote for whomever can get that jerk out of the White House and the audience cracks up with laughter and then the Princess jumps in and steps all over Joy's joke by yelling something like "See!!  See!!!  Joy and I actually agree on something!! See everybody?"  And Joy. was. not. having. it.  She was like "whatevs, Bitch."

Ahh, ok I remember now. In my head I only heard Charlie Brown's teacher lol. Thanks.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ahh, ok I remember now. In my head I only heard Charlie Brown's teacher lol. Thanks.

Hee.  It's not you or your ears' fault.  It's because Meghan had to yell that loudly over the audience's laughter and Joy was still trying to talk so then of course, all the ladies had to start talking louder and over each other as per usual and there you have it, a hot mess.

• Love 14

I wish Sunny would have given Meghan a good smack down on that comment.....to the effect of “don’t sit there and act like the Catholic Church allows you to think differently if your a lawyer”.  She glares around the table after her pronouncement of who she is to the core of her being...pro life.  Good for you Meghan, your still a shitty person

• Love 18
(edited)

I really wish they would invite an actual gynecologist on the show to talk about abortion. 

Anyway, thanks Alabama! Thanks for beating my state, Georgia, in the "piece of shit" category (this is sarcasm in case it isn't obvious). I know this is going on in states outside of the South but it seems they're all in competition to out-shit each other...

5 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I wish Sunny would have given Meghan a good smack down on that comment.....to the effect of “don’t sit there and act like the Catholic Church allows you to think differently if your a lawyer”.  She glares around the table after her pronouncement of who she is to the core of her being...pro life.  Good for you Meghan, your still a shitty person

I was appalled. Meghan is such a despicable, disgusting person for even saying that to Sunny, when Sunny never said nor implied that in the first place.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19