Type keyword(s) to search

Media For 9-1-1: Lone Star

• Start Topic

Fox is doubling down on its top series, 9-1-1, with a spinoff, 9-1-1: Lone Star, which will be headlined by Rob Lowe. As the title suggests, the new show is set in Austin, Texas. It hails from 9-1-1 creators/executive producers Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear who serve in the same capacity on the offshoot. Lowe is co-executive producer.

9-1-1: Lone Star, which will premiere next season, follows a sophisticated New York cop (Lowe) who, along with his son, re-locates to Austin, and must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in his own life.

Murphy, Falchuk, Minear and Fox are following the same MO with 9-1-1: Lone Star as they did with the original series, which also was picked up straight-to-series at the May upfront with a big star, Angela Bassett, attached.

It debuted in January, which I hear also is the plan for 9-1-1: Lone Star.

Picked up by Fox.

9-1-1 Spinoff Adds Liv Tyler as Witty Sparring Partner for Rob Lowe

Liv Tyler is making tracks for Texas. The Leftovers alumna will star opposite Rob Lowe in Fox’s 9-1-1: Lonestar, a spinoff of the popular procedural, our sister site Deadline reports.

Tyler’s character, chief paramedic Michelle Blake, is described as “equal parts compassionate and ruthless” with a bad-girl wit that comes in handy when she’s sparring with Lowe’s character, a firefighter named Owen who relocates to Austin from New York. And Michelle has an interesting backstory of her own: She’s desperate to figure out what happened to her younger sister Iris, who meant missing two years ago. Per Michelle’s official description, “she’ll stop at nothing to discover the truth — even if it means burning her own life down.”

‘9-1-1: Lone Star’ Adds ‘True Blood’ Alum Jim Parrack

Fox’s “9-1-1: Lone Star” continues to round out its main cast.

Jim Parrack has joined the upcoming drama in a series regular role. He joins previously announced series leads Rob Lowe and Liv Tyler. In the series, Lowe stars as Capt. Owen Strand, a sophisticated New York fireman who, along with his adult son, re-locates to Austin and must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in his own life.

Parrack will star as Judd Ryder, a lifelong Texas firefighter marred by tragedy. Ryder is short on talk, long on action and generally suspicious of outsiders, especially newcomer Capt. Strand. Judd is married to 9-1-1 call center operator Grace Ryder, with that role yet to be cast.

More casting news.

EXCLUSIVE: 9-1-1 spinoff, 9-1-1: Lone Star, has cast its 9-1-1 operator and Rob Lowe’s son. Ronen Rubinstein and Sierra McClain have been cast in lead roles opposite Rob Lowe, Liv Tyler and Jim Parrack in Fox’s spinoff series 9-1-1: Lone Star.

Rubinstein will play TK Strand, the firefighter son of Capt. Owen Strand (Lowe), who follows his father to Austin, TX.

McClain is Grace Ryder, an Austin-based 9-1-1 call center operator and wife of firefighter Judd Ryder (Parrack).

And the cast has been rounded out....

Fox’s upcoming 9-1-1: Lone Star has rounded out its cast of series regulars, adding Natacha Karam (The Brave), Brian Michael Smith (Queen Sugar), newcomer Rafael Silva (Showtime’s Fluidity) and Julian Works (American Crime, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones). Production for the 9-1-1 spinoff begins today in Los Angeles.

Karam is set for a lead role opposite Lowe. She will play Marjan Marwani, an adrenaline junkie and badass firefighter. She will be the first Muslim leading character of a Ryan Murphy series to wear a hijab. Karam recently wrapped Netflix film The Old Guard opposite Charlize Theron.

Smith will play Paul Strickland, a transgender male firefighter who has a gift for observation worthy of Sherlock Holmes. Silva, a recent graduate of Pace University’s BFA Acting Program, will star as Austin Police Officer Carlos Reyes, while Works will step into the role of rookie firefighter Mateo Chavez.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, Ohwell said:

So Liv Tyler and Rob Lowe are eventually gonna bang.  *sigh*

Yep unfortunately.  So very original...NOT... I'm not a big fan of Liv Tayler, but I like Rob Lowe. Ugh so of course they will be a will they won't they couple.  

• Love 2
On 11/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, Fireball said:

Yep unfortunately.  So very original...NOT... I'm not a big fan of Liv Tayler, but I like Rob Lowe. Ugh so of course they will be a will they won't they couple.  

I’ll go further, the previews I’ve seen with Tyler in them have made me go from meh on her to a screeching no! The parts they’re showing of her feel forced and poorly done. I’m hoping it’s just bad choices for previews because I like Lowe’s easy charm and enjoy original recipe 911. 

I'm not a fan of Liv Tyler either.  Her onscreen performances and chemistry with her costars is worse than a wet noodle.  However, I love me some Rob Lowe!  Besides those two, I don't recognize the names of the other actors.  

Side note:  Rob Lowe's son John Owen works for Ryan Murphy and he wrote the script for ep 6.  I'm sure it's pure coincidence and there was no nepotism involved.  🙄

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The first episode airs after the football game on Sunday night (1/19).  If you are going to DVR it, you will probably want to add extra time.  Football games often run long.  My television program guide says it will start at 10:00pm EST and lists the episode to run for an hour and a half ending at 11:30pm EST.

Monday night 8:00pm EST (1/20) is when the second episode airs.

Hopefully they rerun the episode because I'm not staying up that late!  

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19. This panel hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

LGBTQ Representation on TV
Featuring Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time), Jamie Clayton (Roswell: New Mexico), Wilson Cruz (Star Trek: Discovery), Tatiana Maslany (Perry Mason), Anthony Rapp (Star Trek: Discovery), J. August Richards (Council of Dads, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Harry Shum, Jr. (Shadowhunters) and Brian Michael Smith (9-1-1: Lone Star), moderated by TV Guide's Jim Halterman.   

6 hours ago, CountryCrazy said:

This show does not need new cast members too large cast already and still trying to learn all their names so not happy with this news !! 

I prefer Gina Torres to many of the current cast, and maybe they plan to kill off one or two for *drama*
--which I don't think most audiences will want to see right now 😞
--I hope instead they go for leaving town
--or just not include all actors in every episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Well, boo. I never forgave Gina Torres for ruining "Angel" for me, heh. 

Since it was definitely her, and not the writers, producers, and Whedon who controlled the character and storyline.  I've never understood blaming an actor for the writing direction a show takes, since the actor has no control over that.  Yes, she's the visible "face" of the thing you don't like, but she has no personal responsibility for it.  It's like blaming the Gerber Baby if you don't like the stewed carrots.

And to tie in to the show, it's like blaming Liz Tyler if you hate that her sister was in the homeless camp the whole time.  Very different than disliking the way she plays the character (which she does have input and a lot of control over), which is an entirely distinct situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

Liv Tyler won't be returning for Season 2, according to TVLine. Covid-19 related travel restrictions between her home in the UK and the show's Los Angeles worksite are mentioned as the reason for her departure.

I cannot believe this! This is the most amazing news. She was the absolute worst character on the show that had zero chemistry with anyone. BTW her leaving was probably based on how bad she was and not Covid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I do not have strong feelings about Liv Tyler, but DAMN, I am so glad that the character is gone. She just didn't fit for me, and I think I may have written in the last episode topic that if maybe she did a disappearing act like Connie Britton in the mothership, I wouldn't be nearly as sad as I was when Connie left?

And this makes me even happier about Gina Torres joining the show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

As much as I ragged on Tyler's performance in the episode threads, I can't honestly say I'm sorry to see her go.  I do wish she had just decided to move on and pursue other opportunities instead of COVID forcing her out. 

• Love 2

Lisa Edelstein Joins ‘9-1-1: Lone Star’ As Recurring

9-1-1: Lone Star is staging a West Wing reunion. Lisa Edelstein has joined the Fox firefighter drama series for a recurring role opposite Rob Lowe in the upcoming second season.

Edelstein will play Gwyneth, the ex-wife of Capt. Owen Strand (Lowe) and mother to their adult son T.K. (Rubinstein), who is a firefighter in the house Owen is captain of. A lawyer, Gwyneth visits Austin from NYC to be with T.K. after he was shot and hospitalized at the end of last season.

• Love 3

9-1-1: Lone Star Photos: Lisa Edelstein Is Rob Lowe's Ex With Benefits in 'Sexy, Volatile' Season 2 — 2021 FIRST LOOK

Edelstein is recurring in the Fox drama’s sophomore outing — which kicks off Monday, Jan. 18 at 9/8c — as Owen’s ex-wife Gwyneth Morgan, a powerhouse New York lawyer who comes to Austin when she learns that their son T.K. (Ronen Rubinstein) was shot.

“In a twist of fate, [she] ended up quarantining with Owen and T.K. during the pandemic, rekindling a secret romance with Owen while she was at it,” executive producer and co-showrunner Rashad Raisani explains to TVLine. “Lisa infuses the role with sauciness, wit, warmth and soul. And it doesn’t hurt that her chemistry with Rob Lowe is the stuff of legend.”

• Love 1

Lisa Edelstein Talks Up 9-1-1: Lone Star Debut, Seeing Rob Lowe for First Time Since Her 'West Wing Hooker' Days

Fox’s 9-1-1: Lone Star pulled off two reunions at once when it tapped Lisa Edelstein to play Gwyneth Morgan, the ex-wife of Rob Lowe’s Owen Strand.

In the 9-1-1 spinoff’s Season 2 premiere, airing Monday, Jan. 18 at 9/8c, the 126 crew responds to a military tank on the loose in downtown Austin and a human pile-up at the roller derby. Meanwhile, Owen is reunited with Gwyneth — a powerhouse New York lawyer who comes to Austin in the wake of their son T.K. (Ronen Rubinstein) being shot — just as he receives an update on his cancer.

• Useful 1

Yaaay!!!!

Will 9-1-1: Lone Star have any “Begins” episodes like there have been in the original 9-1-1? –Sarah
While Lone Star (which airs its winter finale this Monday, March 8) won’t have a “Begins” episode per se, its spring premiere (airing April 19) will focus on firefighter Judd (played by Jim Parrack) and call center operator Grace (Sierra McClain), and how the two met and eventually fell in love.

From TVLine - https://tvline.com/2021/03/04/prodigal-son-spoilers-season-2-jessica-memoir/

• Love 3