Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E25: Jump into the Fog

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE!

As fog begins to cover Seattle, the doctors of Grey Sloan navigate through personal complications. Meredith and Alex attempt to save Gus, while Levi talks some sense into a struggling Nico.

Promo:

Original Canadian air date: 5/15/19
Original U.S. air date: 5/16/19

I liked the resolution of the agoraphobic's story, and how it led Jo to see that there is a possibility of better times for her.   I also liked the actress, she was strong enough to make a mark but wasn't over the top.

I'm glad the stem cells worked and the woman can move her finger. 

I also liked Maggie and Jackson fighting and truth-telling. I'm hoping they are finally over, although not because Jackson got hit by a car in the fog.

The rest of the episode -- ugh.  I knew that Owen and Teddy were going to end up together but I didn't realize how much I would hate seeing it. They're both immature and selfish and to have them the only happy couple in the season finale is like a kick in the teeth.  Poor Koracik, building the crib in the apartment he rented for Teddy and one she will never use now.  Also poor Amelia, heart kind of breaking seeing Owen and Teddy together with their baby.  Both of them, Koracik and Amelia caught a lucky break but right now,they're going to be sad.

I wanted something more positive for Linc.

Stilll don't care about Glasses an HAOG.

The whole Meredith/Deluca/Bailey/Richard/Catherine insurance fraud story is just a complete mess. It's Meredith, nothing is going to happen except for maybe Deluca being off the show.

• Love 21

Jackson didn’t deserve what Maggie spewed at him. All this finale showed me was Maggie isn’t equipped to be with anyone much less Jackson. Doing something he likes to do and you may not is not a sign he wants to change you or that he doesn’t like you. He wants to share something he loves with you, but she can’t handle thinking of someone else separate of her own wants. And camping isn’t a dealbreak. 

Saying you’re a privileged rich boy whose never experienced consequences should be though. I can’t believe she actually said that to someone whose been through what he has.  she can’t even fathom what he’s been through and she wouldn’t have dealt with it with a fifth of the resilience that he did. 

Jackson just didn’t deserve that at all! And japril was the toxic one? Give me a break! For all their faults April’s always believed in him and took up for him. She did it to Richard and had to be the first of many to give Jackson a chance cause he’s worth it. Japrils issues were external. Jaggies issues have roots! She doesn’t respect him. She thinks very little of him and definitely think she’s better than him all around. 

This behavior isn’t new for Maggie at all but it’s been a while where her own entitlement and bratty behavior was this blatant. 

Everything rlse, Owen and teddy, blah. This ending for them was so sloppy and not put together well over the season. Owens been such a toxic individual but he’s magically cured. Teddy’s arrival and pregnancy have barely been told from her perspective. 

Amelia is bi-curious...okay then. 

Deluca is too much with the gestures. Mer did the right thing going there to confess, but the I love you too...meh. 

Bailey actually firing Webber, Meredith, and Alex was a truly surprising moment but it’s hard to feel like anything will really stick. But it’s nice for now that they aren’t being bailed out. Save that for the premiere, lol. 

• Love 17

I miss when Grey's Anatomy season finales used to be riveting. 

Having both Miranda and Richard vocalize that Deloser is the best/star resident doesn't make it true. His intern class disappeared and the likes of Glasses and Intern Amy Schumer are nothing to write home about. The bar is set very low. Krista and Co. wasted way too much time this season trying to make him something special. 

At least Teddy had a fairly normal/safe/non-tragic childbirth. 

Derek Shepherd is rolling in his grave with the nonsense Meredith is up to. Send those kids to Grandma Shepherd, they'd be much better off.

Has the acting gotten worse? Or is it just the writing. Maybe both.

April, who still lives in Seattle, would absolutely be at the hospital if Jackson were seriously hurt. That is the father of her child. But will we see her? Nope! (Sarah Drew is better off)

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, moonorchid said:

Amelia is bi-curious...okay then. 

That whole speech by Amelia, about how easily she falls in love and she will be out of love with Owen soon, struck me as out of character for Amelia who has really only been with Owen during her years on GA, and a way of putting Amelia down for the amazing love of Teddy "No one else has ever made me feel this way"and Owen "I've loved you since the first time I saw you but never let myself be happy" share.

Amelia still had feelings for Owen, the reason she wouldn't marry him again was because she thought he was in love with Teddy.  She even told Linc that she has to figure out who she is post-Owen; that doesn't sound like someone who loves lightly and frequently to me.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That whole speech by Amelia, about how easily she falls in love and she will be out of love with Owen soon, struck me as out of character for Amelia who has really only been with Owen during her years on GA, and a way of putting Amelia down for the amazing love of Teddy "No one else has ever made me feel this way"and Owen "I've loved you since the first time I saw you but never let myself be happy" share.

Amelia still had feelings for Owen, the reason she wouldn't marry him again was because she thought he was in love with Teddy.  She even told Linc that she has to figure out who she is post-Owen; that doesn't sound like someone who loves lightly and frequently to me.

Have Owen and Teddy ever even been on a date?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think she really meant it. I think that she is clear in her mind, that she don't want to be with Owen, and she wanted to ensure Teddy that she is not on her way to his heart. Post-tumor Amelia has always been pretty nice to people, and she might even realize, that she needs Owen to move on, to heal herself from him. Thats why she suppeort Teddy's and Owen's relationship. 

• Love 11

Ehhh not anything great here.  Owen chooses Teddy, poor Teddy but she wanted him.  Amelia is open to possibilities.  Meredith is still the WORST. I’m not sure how we are supposed to feel that she didn’t just go into the police station with a lawyer and confess to what she did.  Then she doubles down on breaking the law and tells Deluca she wants to live her own truth....ooookaay Meredith...people living their own truth tell law enforcement they committed a crime and where does her being a single mother fit into her truth

• Love 7

Awww, poor Alex was feeling abandoned. Can't blame him though. I'm glad that Jo is finally getting the help she needs (and I'm glad that Meredith flat out told Alex that Jo needs help he can't give her - just because you love someone doesn't mean you can always help them as much as they need, even if you're a doctor).

I still don't like Glasses, but his movie choice of My Girl gets an A+ from me. Sweet little Anna Chlumsky crying over Thomas J!

Look, I get that Jackson likes camping but Maggie has made it clear multiple times that she's not interested in it. Just because you love something doesn't mean your significant other has to like it too. It's called having separate interests. Mr. EB and I share some interests but we also have separate things that the other one has NO interest in at all and we are both fine with the other person doing that stuff with other people who share those interests. It's really not a big deal. And to be fair, Maggie did seem more amenable to the camping experience before a series of unfortunate events struck. I think that even some people who love camping might get annoyed after being stung by a bee, spraining an ankle, and then having a torrential downpour all within the span of five minutes.

• Love 13
(edited)

So Richard, Karen and Mer thought they could Spartacus their way out of trouble?    Good for Bailey for firing them all.   I agree with the poster who said it wouldn’t stick, but it will have repercussions to a lot of relationships including Richard and Catherine.   

My heart was breaking for Koracick and a little for Amelia too.  Good for her for telling Linc she isn’t ready for a relationship.  

What happened to Jackson?  Will Maggie regret her harsh words? Do I care at all?

Good to see Jo getting the help she needs.   While she had an epiphany talking to the unicorn blood lady, she knew it was just a first step and one which made her hopeful.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 15

Shit, HAOG is still around! Damnit! Seriously, the actor can't emote at all. He had tears falling down his face but his eyes were still as stoic as they were all episode. No emotion there whatsoever. Meanwhile, Jake Borelli is acting circles around Alex Landi (who is somehow only a year older than me! He looks mid-thirties!), and I don't even like Glasses at all. Seriously, I forgot that he still is a manchild who lives with his mommy. 

Jackson and Maggie are both petulant children. Jackson's a dumbass because he knows camping is not something Maggie is into, and instead of listening to her about how she really doesn't think it's right for her, he keeps pushing it and then blames her for not liking it. No, Jackson is wrong for continuing to push her. He JUST got into camping. Like, literally this season. So for him to say that he doesn't like that Maggie isn't doing something that he loves? Boy, you JUST got into the outdoors this season. Sit down and shut your ass up. 

But Maggie was insufferable as well with her whole "you have privilege and you don't know what it's like to be ME!" stuff. Both are just awful, but I was so happy to see them really at odds. But now Jackson is missing, perhaps bleeding to death in the fog. I wonder if they left this cliffhanger for Jackson because they aren't sure if Jesse Williams is coming back next season. Maybe he's planning to leave the show and he'll be April 2.0 (in that he'll have a serious accident which causes him to decide to change his life and leave the hospital). Part of me would rather have season 16 start with Jackson hitchhiking somewhere to get the hell away from Maggie.

The insurance fraud stuff was a mess but I'll admit, I cackled out loud really hard when Richard and Alex tried the whole "It was ME!" schtick to save Meredith and they all got fired by Bailey and Catherine. What idiots, but I'm so glad they went this route. On a downside, it looks like Merluca is here to stay. Meredith is going to turn herself in and...what? Go to jail instead? Was that end scene with her children her way of saying bye for who knows how long? And Meredith is that cocky that she'll get off with...what, a warning because she's a successful surgeon? I hope she gets thrown into jail for years, but I know that won't be the case. 

Meanwhile, Jo is finally getting some help. The depression storyline has been really rough but it's ending better than I thought it would. At least Jo going to inpatient psychiatric care is better than Owen's one magical therapy session curing all of his flaws.

I am also impressed with Amelia deciding to end things with Link at the moment so she can find herself but still leaving the door open. I love post-tumor Amelia. 

Owen/Teddy? Meh. I felt really sad to see Tom building the crib at the beginning of the episode. Poor guy doesn't even know that Teddy's basically broken up with him at this point. But damn, my wish for Towen to leave isn't coming true. 

Deluca's only the star resident because Parker seems to have disappeared. Also, they're knocking on Qadri, who is the only one, besides Deluca, doing doctor things. And she doesn't need to get fired or arrested to do her job! 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Have Owen and Teddy ever even been on a date?

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The weekend he was in Germany?

I don't think they ever left her apartment. I think he showed up, they fucked for a few days, and he left.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am also impressed with Amelia deciding to end things with Link at the moment so she can find herself but still leaving the door open. I love post-tumor Amelia. 

I didn't find she end things with Link. I thought she just ask him for more time to figuere out herself but it doesn't necessery mean that its over. She just can't tell him yet, how serious this is for her, and he accept this. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't think they ever left her apartment. I think he showed up, they fucked for a few days, and he left.

So clearly, it's true love.

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Owen/Teddy? Meh. I felt really sad to see Tom building the crib at the beginning of the episode. Poor guy doesn't even know that Teddy's basically broken up with him at this point.

Teddy and Owen deserve each other because they are both incredibly selfish under the disguise of True Love. Teddy's speech last episode about how no one has made her feel like Owen makes her feel while shes in a relationship with Tom who thinks they're building a future and now she doesn't even tell him when she goes into labour shows she was just using Tom because she didn't have Owen.  Koracick, you can do so much better.

Amelia telling Teddy "you could maybe like me if you tried" ...  dammit girl, you shouldn't have to be begging for crumbs like that from Teddy.  Or anyone really.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, askasza said:

I didn't find she end things with Link. I thought she just ask him for more time to figuere out herself but it doesn't necessery mean that its over. She just can't tell him yet, how serious this is for her, and he accept this. 

Technically, she did. She told him that she needed to find herself because of the Owen stuff. She didn't close the door on Link and said that she could see a future with him, but she can't be with him right now, hence the break-up. It's over right now, but it's not because she doesn't want to be with him in the future. That's what I mean by ending things (just ending things in the now, not for the future). Unless I completely misinterpreted her speech to him, I thought she was ending things so she could be single for a while.

(edited)
18 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Technically, she did. She told him that she needed to find herself because of the Owen stuff. She didn't close the door on Link and said that she could see a future with him, but she can't be with him right now, hence the break-up. It's over right now, but it's not because she doesn't want to be with him in the future. That's what I mean by ending things (just ending things in the now, not for the future). Unless I completely misinterpreted her speech to him, I thought she was ending things so she could be single for a while.

I thought she asked him to not change anything between them, until she find herself, and he accepted to give her more time, in relationship like they have now. But now i think you might be wrong becouse their goodbay was pretty cold. I guess we will see who was right on september 🙂

Edited by askasza
  • Love 1
(edited)

If this succeeded at only one thing, it was making really dislike Teddy. She leaves Tom in her apartment putting together the baby’s crib while she runs off to tell Owen that she loves him? What the fuck? Shouldn’t she have told her current boyfriend before she professed her love to her baby daddy? And she had the audacity to be mad at Owen sleeping with Carina last year? Her and Owen making moon eyes at each other while Tom is back at the apartment was not a good look.

I am, however, pleasantly pleased that they didn’t have Owen profess his love to Amelia. I finally like her character and I want them to keep a good thing going between her and Link. I’m okay if it takes some time, too. They’ve been fun to watch. He brings great, unique energy to the show.

I did love how they portrayed Jo getting treatment. So often on TV and in film, depression is cured by a pep talk or big speech. It’s nice to see them have Jo actually admit to needing help, be supported by her group, and going in to get the care she needs. That was a nice wrap-up to this storyline. I think it was particularly touching that we already started to see Jo picking herself back up (apologizing to Alex, laughing with Link, getting back to work, etc.) but they still had her take the necessary steps. Kudos.

Couldn’t Maggie and Jackson have fallen off a cliff or something? Separate, I like aspects of both of their characters. Together, they’re insufferable. I wish they’d had this argument halfway through the season and then broken up. Jackson being ‘missing’ out in the fog was about as random and yawn-inducing of a cliffhanger as when Weber was electrocuted a few seasons back. Just really silly and unimaginative. 

The whole insurance plot is random as hell. Meredith, Alex and Weber all being fired will not last long, and everyone knows it. So as a big “shocker” it kind of fell flat. I appreciate Meredith turning herself in (I really thought they’d have an awful ending and let Weber take the fall) but, again, the consequences can’t be too massive. She’s the star of the show, and the show is a medical drama. She won’t be out of surgery for long, if at all.

Overall, I thought this was a solid but uneven season.  I liked 14 a lot better, but 15 was leagues above the depths of seasons like 11 and 13. Highlights for me were “Silent All These Years”, Amelia and Owen finally breaking up, the introduction of Link (especially his stuff later in the season), Catherine’s surgery and aftermath, and some of the Teddy/Tom build-up. I like how Krista writes longer-term patient arcs, and we’ve actually gotten some good cases and memorable patients out of the last two seasons. I also liked seeing Meredith date in the first half of the season a lot more than I actually enjoy her and DeLuca as a pair. I don't hate them together, I'm just a bit indifferent. I would have liked to see them have a fling and then move on.

What didn’t work? Maggie and Jackson. Too much back and forth between Amelia and Owen. Meredith felt like too much of an after-thought to the writers later in the season; it felt like Amelia and Owen were the leads. The lack of build-up for Teddy/Owen was strange, too. Her decision to leave Tom for him felt way too sudden. I wish that, in general, Teddy had gotten more to do this year. She felt so empowered last season in Berlin when she kicked Owen out, and now to be taking him back just feels regressive. I hope his magical therapy actually has long-term effects and he’s less of an asshole next season.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 15

Catherine having the Foundation pay for the little girl’s surgery just shows how convoluted and unnecessary the insurance plot line is. All along, they could have asked the Avery/Fox foundation to cover it. 

Teddy/Owen - 2 selfish assholes who can finally stop dragging others into their dysfunction. Now let’s find a good woman for Koracik. 

Jaggie’s argument is about the most honest interaction these two have had. I didn’t need Jackson to get swallowed by fog as a cliffhanger though. 

There’s never any consequences for Meredith Grey. I’m not sure why Alex had to throw himself into the mix to save Meredith though. Webber jeopardizing his marriage for this just makes no sense. These are supposed to be adults, for crying out loud. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, askasza said:

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

2 hours ago, askasza said:

I thought she asked him to not change anything between them, until she find herself, and he accepted to give her more time, in relationship like they have now. But now i think you might be right becouse their goodbay was pretty cold. I guess we will see who was right on september 🙂

Amelia: You are pretty wonderful. 
Linc: I hear a "but" coming. 
Amelia: But I, um, on the heels of Owen, and, um, the life that I thought I was building-
Linc: I'm a rebound.
Amelia: You definitely were. I don't know if you still are. 
Linc: So you're saying?
Amelia: I'm saying I'm open to possibilities. And that could include you, if you don't need me to decide anything too permanent right now. I need time to figure out who I am outside of Owen.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

There’s never any consequences for Meredith Grey. I’m not sure why Alex had to throw himself into the mix to save Meredith though.

Maybe to obscure the fact that Alex didn't have much going on? He got to resuscitate the kid and got to say like two words to Jo. This whole season was a failure for him. He didn't have one substantial storyline. Everything they started for him they let go to waste. And when Jo got a story he was sidelined in that too.

I must be in the minority, but I absolutely hated Jo admitting herself to the psych ward. She definitely needs professional help, but inpatient care? Seriously? That seems like overkill. It's not like she tried to kill herself or is a danger to others. And she's had depression only for a few weeks. Why not just go with regular therapy? This looks like it was just done to drive home a point and I hate it when the show puts story/issue over character.

I agree that they should just end Jaggie. This camping trip made me dislike both of them (Maggie more though), when I'm usually indifferent towards them.

I also agree that Owen and Teddy are both horrible and deserve each other. I feel sorry for Korasick, but even more sorry for us viewers, because we'll continue to have to endure them next season and probably not in small doses, judging by the writers' favourism.

Everything about Meredith's story right now is stupid. DeLuca saying ILY after a few months, the insurance fraud itself, DeLuca going to jail for it, Meredith saying ILY back. I hope this gets wrapped up quickly next season. And I don't mean the insurance nonsense alone, but MerLuca as such too, though I know that won't happen.

• Love 9

I think Jo just went for a consult at the clinic, not that she'd be admitted for a week. Bailey said "therapy and medicine", right? Not "after a week of inpatient care" etc.

WHY is Maggie standing in the middle of the road in that fog? She could stand on the side and scream JACKSON!!! to her heart's content without risking getting hit.

I'm guessing Meredith is going to move to Health Care advocacy? Like the doctors who were discussing gun shots wounds and were told by a person from the NRA to "stay in their lane" so they became gun safety advocates, documenting the different ways they come in contact with gun wounds every single day? That's what I'm getting from her speech to DeLuca, that she thinks it's unfair some children don't have access to health care (or perhaps that $29,000/year is too high an income to receive subsidies for health care?)

I never saw Meredith/Deluca as the be all/end all relationship for Meredith. They had him beef up and all so he wouldn't look so young, but he's still not that removed from being an intern and he's Carina's little brother... it just didn't work for me. I'm thinkin that since Alex is Meredith's best friend they could become the "ship" for the end (forgot the exact term). 

Amelia/Owen/Teddy/Leo is another kind of family I guess.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, MYOS said:

I think Jo just went for a consult at the clinic, not that she'd be admitted for a week. Bailey said "therapy and medicine", right? Not "after a week of inpatient care" etc.

They showed Jo entering through the doors of the inpatient psych ward. I only paid attention to it because it stood out, the "in patient" part. That's why she was also kissing Alex goodbye. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

OMG, so I was right last week after all! Meredit did get fired and arrested. But the show doesn't end! Shocking twist! What happens next???! Maybe I'd be excited and all anxious to find out if I was 13. 

I loved how confident Richard was that Catherine wouldn't let him get fired. And then she did. Hah! He's going to be sooooooo butthurt about it and I'm loving it. The whole storyline is beyond idiotic. Like, does anyone seriously believe all three of them are going to be fired for more than 5 minutes.

I was about to stop watching after they got rid of Arizona last year, but then they brought Teddy back in and I've always loved her, so I decided to stay. And then OF COURSE they turn her into a total selfish asshole. She actually let Koracick go home and make a crib for her baby while she was off to proclaim her love to another man?! Why, so she could have someone to return to if what she truly wanted didn't work out? That's not just cold, that's vile. That's seriously one of the worst things a Grey's character has ever done. Kim Raver deserved better writing.

Owen always being in love with Teddy is the mother of all retcons. And LOL, so his relationship/marriage with Cristina was also a form of self-sabotage? Way to crap on your history, show. 

The look on Amelia's face after her conversation with Link? Nope, she's still not over Owen. But, to paraphrase Tyra: we're all rooting for you, girl! You'll get there!

I was sure Jo will be magically cured after the golden blood donor's speech and was ready to roll my eyes at it, but then they did a full 180 and have her admitted to psych ward? That does seem like overkill. But whatever, I'm done caring about that storyline. 

It's awesome how we wasted a whole season on Jaggie and in the end it turns out they don't actually even like each other that much. Maybe Jackson really will be eaten by a bear.

Remember Callie/Penny and Arizona/Minnick? Those relationships were FIREWORKS compared to Contacts/HAOG. Yikes. Their scenes are literally painful to watch. And HAOG is a horrifyingly bad actor. When they hired him, they did realize he'd have to keep his shirt on most of the time, didn't they?! 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 11

I don’t get why they had to commit insurance fraud.  Couldn’t Meredith and others involved just pay for the surgery?  I’m sure they could afford it.  

Some of the dialogue is just cringeworthy even more than usual this episode.  

• Love 13
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The whole Meredith/Deluca/Bailey/Richard/Catherine insurance fraud story is just a complete mess. It's Meredith, nothing is going to happen except for maybe Deluca being off the show.

And this is why the story is such a snooze. First off, Meredith isn’t going anywhere. Second, Alex isn’t going anywhere. Third, Richard isn’t going anywhere. There’s no drama when it’s just a question of how quickly they’ll decide to resolve it next year.

I had a track suit like Maggie's back in 1985.

I do not feel sorry at all for Koracick.  He was delusional, thinking he could just take over another man's child as if Owen doesn't matter.  Owen might be an ass at times, but Koracick never respected him as Teddy's possible partner, or as the child's father.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Joana said:

And HAOG is a horrifyingly bad actor. When they hired him, they did realize he'd have to keep his shirt on most of the time, didn't they?

In the last scene when he was “emotional” I literally thought he was portraying mad when he was portraying touched.

(edited)

Like the show itself, Bailey seems to have forgotten that Meredith and Alex (not sure about Richard) own the hospital. Those two probably can't be fired.

Maggie, Jackson wanted to take you camping for two days in a remarkably over-sized tent and take a hike. He isn't asking you to move to another state to change her lifelong religion. Over-dramatic much? And her calling Jackson Mr. Monopoly and saying he hasn't had to ever deal with life or consequences that money couldn't fix was completely uncalled for considering Jackson would have paid any sum to have his firstborn son not die minutes after birth or not have his mentor die in a freak plane crash. I'm sure Maggie didn't know about these things other than the fact that they happened because, clearly, those two never talk about anything not related to work or deeper than the weather. Speaking of the weather, how is it Jackson's fault that there is fog and Maggie can't get to Gus? 

It would serve Maggie right if Jackson used the fog as an excuse to get out of there, walked a block, and called an Uber to get him back to work. Hee.

And judging by that car ride it's going to be incredibly awkward if Maggie/Jackson break up. Richard and Catherine's already strained (still-strained from the last time?) marriage will falter as each parent sides with their child. And this is why you don't date your step-siblings.

So no one bothered to call Tom to tell him Teddy was in labor? Teddy was self-aware enough on Amelia's couch to realize she had a good man at home building a crib for her daughter but she didn't think to call him, even to tell him not to come? It makes it all the more depressing that we were introduced to Teddy/Tom when he offered her french fries and how that progressed to him giving her foot rubs and helping her look for an apartment and now building her crib and renting her an apartment. Basically taking care of her like the baby's father should have been doing but Owen never really did because he was playing happy family with Amelia, Betty and Leo. The fact that Teddy was literally in the middle of contractions both when she asked Amelia if she was still in love with Owen and later when she yelled at Owen for sleeping with Carina (not going to lie, totally forgot that happened), it really doesn't seem like Teddy is in love with Owen if she's never going to be able to trust him. Not that she has much leverage besides being the mother of his child because she and Owen never dated

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awww, poor Alex was feeling abandoned. Can't blame him though. I'm glad that Jo is finally getting the help she needs (and I'm glad that Meredith flat out told Alex that Jo needs help Look, I get that Jackson likes camping but Maggie has made it clear multiple times that she's not interested in it. 

All she had to do was say no and stay home. Maybe reread her organic chem textbook or something.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The weekend he was in Germany?

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This, no they have never been on a date.  Owen has basically kept Teddy on the back burner through three relationships (first wife, Christina, Amelia) all she gets is the occasional conversation between surgeries, fucking in Germany and watching snow. But she chose that lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Maggie, Jackson wanted to take you camping for two days in a remarkably over-sized tent. He isn't asking you to move to another state to change her lifelong religion. Over-dramatic much? And her calling Jackson Mr. Monopoly and saying he hasn't had to ever deal with life or consequences that money couldn't fix was completely uncalled for considering Jackson would have paid any sum to have his firstborn son not die minutes after birth or not have his mentor die in a freak plane crash. I'm sure Maggie didn't know about these things other than the fact that they happened because, clearly, those two never talk about anything not related to work or deeper than the weather. Speaking of the weather, how is it Jackson's fault that there is fog and Maggie can't get to Gus? 

I really think both were in the wrong there. Maggie was possibly more insensitive with her privilege speech, but Jackson wasn't entirely blameless either. I loathe camping, so I can totally relate to Maggie there, but when you agree to something, the least you can do is make an effort. And she didn't, and instead she chose to whine and complain from the get go, so he was perfectly right to be upset about her behaviour. However, he lost me when he started insisting that she should learn how to love camping just because he does. I mean, some people just don't like certain things and it has absolutely nothing to do with some lifelong trauma or stunted development or whatever. It just is what it is. Not being fond of camping is just as legitimate as being enthusiastic about it. 

But the bottom line is: if a relationship can disintegrate over a camping trip, it really wasn't much of a relationship to begin with. So again, why did we have to waste an entire season on it?

• Love 16

I liked that Jo went into inpatient psychiatry because she really does need inpatient help they do it so rarely on TV for regular characters.  Anyone so in pain that she spent days in bed and went to work drunk needs more than an hour with a therapist.

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Technically, she did. She told him that she needed to find herself because of the Owen stuff.

I didn't think it was a break-up because they weren't in a relationship, they were just having "keep the pain away" sex.  Then Linc wanted to get serious and last episode asked Amelia if they had a future.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

So no one bothered to call Tom to tell him Teddy was in labor? Teddy was self-aware enough on Amelia's couch to realize she had a good man at home building a crib for her daughter but she didn't think to call him, even to tell him not to come? It makes it all the more depressing that we were introduced to Teddy/Tom when he offered her french fries and how that progressed to him giving her foot rubs and helping her look for an apartment and now building her crib and renting her an apartment. Basically taking care of her like the baby's father should have been doing but Owen never really did because he was playing happy family with Amelia, Betty and Leo. The fact that Teddy was literally in the middle of contractions both when she asked Amelia if she was still in love with Owen and later when she yelled at Owen for sleeping with Carina (not going to lie, totally forgot that happened), it really doesn't seem like Teddy is in love with Owen if she's never going to be able to trust him.

Well, when you put it that way ....

The show is going to push the line that Teddy and Owen are the Truest Star-Crossed Lovers Ever, even Megan knew it, but they know each other so little in a romantic sense, they just appear shallow.

It's also a huge insult to Cristina, implying that Owen was only with her because he thought he didn't deserve Teddy. I'm ready for them both to leave.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think she was being serious. The way I saw it, she realized how upset Teddy was and wanted to placate her, but couldn't bring herself to outright lie about not feeling anything for Owen, so she decided to be humorous about it and came up with that speech about being in love with everyone in sight. 

I do wonder if her reference to being attracted to a woman has any further significance. If they wanted to go there, they missed a great opportunity - one word: Arizona. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The show is going to push the line that Teddy and Owen are the Truest Star-Crossed Lovers Ever, even Megan knew it, but they know each other so little in a romantic sense, they just appear shallow.

It's also a huge insult to Cristina, implying that Owen was only with her because he thought he didn't deserve Teddy. I'm ready for them both to leave.

I am in the minority. I always felt like Owen should've been with Teddy back in season 6. He and Cristina never made sense to me. She adamantly did not want kids. So the notion that he went the more torturous route rather than seeing who was right in front of him because he felt like he deserved to be in a relationship that ultimately was unfulfilling makes sense to me. 

• Love 16
(edited)
5 hours ago, Joana said:

I loathe camping, so I can totally relate to Maggie there, but when you agree to something, the least you can do is make an effort. And she didn't, and instead she chose to whine and complain from the get go, so he was perfectly right to be upset about her behaviour.

She seemed like a pretty happy camper in the previous episode (no pun intended). If I recall correctly, she didn't get cranky until she got stung, she twisted her ankle, she got a message about Gus, and then it started raining all within a few minutes. I would be annoyed if all those things happened to me at once, even if I was at home in my pajamas.

I specifically remember that she seemed like she was having a good time at the beginning of the previous episode because at the time I thought oh, no, is this going to turn into "I love camping and you were right to force me to do this, Jackson!"? Ha, no danger of her saying that now!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

As I've said, there is no world, real or fictional, in which I would ever buy that HAOG would ever find Glasses attractive, but now he finds Glasses so brave or is so jealous of him or whatever?

tenor.gif?itemid=5038159

Show, kill off or otherwise eliminate HAOG.  Alex Landi is a truly horrendous actor, and he hasn't had his shirt off in weeks.  Useless!

So, the show brought Teddy back in order to turn her into an Owen-level asshole and retcon their entire relationship and history?

tumblr_o0tmxgrWow1r7r1l7o1_540.gifv

In the Jackson/Maggie fight, I'm nominally Team Maggie in that Jackson just wouldn't fucking listen to her when she had told him so many times so very clearly that she is NOT INTO CAMPING.  Getting mad at her for not immediately falling in love with camping after being stung, twisting her ankle, and having an emergency at the hospital she couldn't attend to after she told him VERY CLEARLY that she was NOT INTO CAMPING?

giphy.gif

HOWEVER, Maggie's speech about his privilege...

tenor.gif?itemid=4581316

I hope Jackson was mauled to death by a bear and Maggie gets obliterated by a passing semi.

The insurance bullshit...Jesus.  I absolutely LOATHE Richard's complete hypocrisy about fucking everything.  He was ready to go to the mat for DeLuca until Meredith told him it was 100% her dumb-ass decision, and suddenly he's all "No, you can't turn yourself in!  Your children!  Your career!  YOU'RE THE SUN!!!!"  So...I guess DeLuca can just rot in jail then?  Bye, girl.  I'd love to think that he, Meredith, and Alex will stay fired, but...LOL.   Beyond that, this storyline makes and has made no sense.  The writers decided on an ending they wanted and reverse-engineered this story from there; it's the very definition of writing the characters to fit the story.  Writers?

giphy.gif

Two more seasons of this crap?

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Also, did the show forget that Andrew and Carina are siblings? Was she even aware that her brother was in jail? It's nice that someone acted like a professional for a change and didn't let their personal issues get in the way of their work, but at least I expected a throwaway line like "Great, it all went well, your baby is fine, now I have to see what mess my idiot brother has got himself into". And if the show absolutely has to have a DeLuca on it, I'd gladly take Carina at this point.

I seriously can't imagine how they're going to come up with two more seasons of this. Realistically, they only had enough material for like 7-8 episodes in this season. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Two more seasons of this crap?

Really? I really didn't know before reading your post.

I can't even see a semblance of a storyline or plot anymore. It's so convoluted. They really need to cancel it.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, displayname said:

Really? I really didn't know before reading your post.

I can't even see a semblance of a storyline or plot anymore. It's so convoluted. They really need to cancel it.

I stand by my claim that they wanted to get to sixteen seasons to get past ER and they don't care about the rest. 

• Love 16
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:14 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I still don't like Glasses, but his movie choice of My Girl gets an A+ from me. Sweet little Anna Chlumsky crying over Thomas J!

I am so with this. I can't stand Glasses but points for good choice in movies that make you cry every time. That scene is the hardest. I recognized the movie right away.

the insurance fraud storyline is so bad. Go down to your local police station, tell them you committed insurance fraud and see what they do. It's not the same as confessing murder. They don't care. One case of insurance fraud, should you find a DA who wants to prosecute, will be a fine. You need a pattern of blatant stealing behavior before they toss you in jail--so Deluca just sitting there etc was so stupid. Seattle must have zero crime for the local police to be so responsive to the crime of insurance fraud.

Maggie was unfair to Jackson to me or you can just see the entire interaction as ANOTHER sign they have no chemistry. When you really care about a person, the normal reaction is to want to do things with them and give at least a try to some things they are into. Camping is not some totally crazy thing to want to do. She doesn't have a phobia. So wanting to share that with her is not saying "I don't like you." If she went on one trip, really did not like it, to continue to insist she goes--that is inappropriate. But a single trip? nope.

If it's foggy the last thing you do is go stand in the road and yell "Jackson." At least stand on the shoulder.

Things I liked:

1. Meredith's sweater

2. the fact that Jo got a spark from a patient but it did not solve all of her problems. It's very non-Grey's for her to not be magically fixed by learning an important lesson from a patient. And very non-Grey's for her to actually use her words and tell Alex, I'm not fixed.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, sarkygal said:

Catherine having the Foundation pay for the little girl’s surgery just shows how convoluted and unnecessary the insurance plot line is. All along, they could have asked the Avery/Fox foundation to cover it. 

No, they couldn't. This was a CYA gesture.

I only hope grim reaper killer semi truck that took Derek out shows up and takes out Maggie as well.

So wondering if anyone died with Owen commandeering the ambulance for Unicorn blood lady?  Why couldn't Glasses stay behind to help the injured?  The EMT clearly was looking for help.  Wouldn't Glasses prefer helping out saving lives instead of holding Unicorn blood lady's hand and singing lullabies?  Interns past would've jumped at that chance. 

I couldn't stand Owen after the way he treated Christina because she did not want children.   Owen, Teddy and baby can go away now.

Saint Benevolent Catherine now is going to pay all expenses for that child after she was adamant about no more pro bono cases?  Really you could just hire Dad making him eligible for health benefits (if he is not illegal of course).  Hell Meredith could've did this being shareholder and all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I am so with this. I can't stand Glasses but points for good choice in movies that make you cry every time. That scene is the hardest. I recognized the movie right away.

Same. That My Girl scene is, by far, on my top five list of saddest movie moments to ever happen. Over the past few episodes, I've grown to not just tolerate Glasses but kind of like him. Since we're stuck with him, at least the actor's strong, unlike his acting partner. Sorry Alex Landi, but you SUUUUUUUCK at your job. Go get acting classes over the break or something, please, if we're stuck with you.

• Love 6