Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: The Show Must Go On

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, smores said:

I have hated him since the moment I saw him on the Pussycat Dolls show.  I do not know why he keeps showing up on tv.

Yes, yes she did.  Camille is usually so well dressed and yet she came in wearing a muppet and carrying a preschooler's bookbag.  

I'm pretty sure that's the one thing no one has to remind PK to do.  

Kyle really can't handle people not focusing on her.  There had been too much attention paid to Erika (I mean, it was her concert after all), and so when Teddi made a crack about stealing the boots, Kyle had to one up her to make sure she got camera time by putting the boots on.  That didn't work, so she launched herself on Mauricio.  Repeatedly.  Erika who?

Nope.  Not a peep.  You'd think LVP or Sessa would be able to say, "Listen, I'm not going to out the woman, because it was a misunderstanding, her mother was ill and she didn't have a choice and didn't realize the dog had come from us.  We've spoken and she's terribly sorry and embarrassed and we certainly don't want the woman to face any backlash, so we're not going to give any information about her, but yes, we know who it was, we've spoken and it has been cleared up.  It was NOT Dorit who dropped the dog at the shelter and she did give it to someone who was going to give it a home, but they ended up having an emergency."  Since that hasn't happened, it really makes you wonder about the story, doesn't it?  Plus the others just keep saying that the dog's well being isn't the point of this, they weren't worried about Lucy because they knew she was safe.  

Also, the Miley admission.   Didn't need that info.  At all. 

Erika's sings over a track that is played.  She doesn't have a band, they play a track and then she sings over it, though it likely does have vocals as well that she sings along with.  Her music is pretty produced, so it's not something that can be done 100% live.  Some people have music that can be live, Elton John, for example, he has a band, and it's him at a piano singing.  Britney Spears, though, is usually going to be lip syncing, because most of her music is very produced and she has a lot of dance in her shows, so they use the recorded vocals.  

I've actually seen Elton and Brittany in concert. (Years ago, I took my nieces to see Brittney. They were thrilled. It wasn't terrible.)  I enjoyed Elton much more.  Some of the most produced shows that I have seen were probably U2 and Pink Floyd, but, I still think it was live music. But, I get that Erika Jayne is not about all that.  She's more about flaunting her body and warddrobe, tantalizing the audience with her sexuality and impressing them with her ability to pull off such a thing on a millionaire's budget.  lol  When she says the show sold out, does she mean they actually charge an admission price? Anyone know how much?

• Love 5

I want these shows to finally be allowed to break the fourth wall because I need to see Cersei Lisa Vanderpump blow up the Great Sept of the RHoBH. In my dream world we'd be allowed to see LVP talking with producers about how she'd prefer to never have to work with Dorit, Teddi or Rinna again. Then I'd want to see the reaction of each lady as she's informed that she won't be apart of the next season. The OTT reactions of the ladies can be interspersed with shots of LVP drinking rose and smiling as she luxuriates in the peaceful gardens of Villa Rosa.

In all honesty though, watching the contract negotiations for multiple series (not just RHBH) is something that I would pay good money to see. That's untapped reality TV gold and even though it'll probably never happen, I think that would be one of the few areas where we could see the women being genuine because most of them live for being on the show. To see a diamond, peach, or apple being taken away from some of these personalities would be quite a sight. Jill, Brandi, Kenya, Gretchen, Aviva, Yolanda, Kristen, Eileen, hell even Cindy---I'd love to know how it went down.

Regarding this episode, Erika isn't much of a performer if she doesn't have a back up plan for what happens if there's a sound issue. Whether it's dancing or taking some time to joke around or otherwise engage with the audience, she doesn't seem like she's comfortable going outside of her limited choreography. I guess she doesn't strike me as a natural performer. 

I like Denise so far but I feel like I won't really know her until she has to handle herself in a conflict with one of the other ladies. Somehow though I already suspect that I'll be on her side particularly since the season trailer makes it seem like she gets into it with Kim. I've never sided with Kim during a conflict and it's unlikely to start this season.

I do miss the friendship between Kyle and LVP. I wish they could make it up. I understand though why Lisa is tired of these women always having the lowest opinion of her.

Rinna's hair always looks better when it's pulled back or flat and sleek. I remember being amazed at her transformation for the Moulin Rouge party when her hair was back and she wore that top hat. Her hair frequently reminds me of a wig that wouldn't be out of place on a character out of a 90s sitcom. I don't need to see her with ridiculous extensions but I wouldn't mind something less poofy. Sleek and chic could do wonders for her, I think.

I agree with those who think it was nice for PK to compliment Erika's dancers. It was a thoughtful gesture and I appreciated seeing it.

Dorit brings nothing to this show. She's over in my barrel with Kim, Yolanda, Brandi, and Taylor in terms of most annoying housewives from this franchise. She's not important enough to be on the all time worst list but if I have to see her for another season it could happen. 

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This reminds me of a producer's blog or article I read a little while back. They talked about the things that people don't know about the housewives. They said that LVP is an amazing cook and it's something she does every day. So, I think for someone as wealthy as she is, the cost of the stove is worth it. 

Absolutely.

It's also been said Kyle and Dorit are good cooks.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jel said:

That sounds awful 😞

I don't know about Giggy's situation, how advanced his heart disease is etc. Or how he's doing now with medicine. (Lisa did say he was doing better.)  But I do believe that Ken and Lisa love that little dog, and are getting him the best, most compassionate care possible. And if the vet thought it was hopeless, and that Giggy was really suffering, and end of life discussions needed to happen, I believe they'd have those too because that is part of compassionate care and part of being a responsible, loving pet parent. 

I agree.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I want these shows to finally be allowed to break the fourth wall because I need to see Cersei Lisa Vanderpump blow up the Great Sept of the RHoBH. In my dream world we'd be allowed to see LVP talking with producers about how she'd prefer to never have to work with Dorit, Teddi or Rinna again. Then I'd want to see the reaction of each lady as she's informed that she won't be apart of the next season. The OTT reactions of the ladies can be interspersed with shots of LVP drinking rose and smiling as she luxuriates in the peaceful gardens of Villa Rosa.

In all honesty though, watching the contract negotiations for multiple series (not just RHBH) is something that I would pay good money to see. That's untapped reality TV gold and even though it'll probably never happen, I think that would be one of the few areas where we could see the women being genuine because most of them live for being on the show. To see a diamond, peach, or apple being taken away from some of these personalities would be quite a sight. Jill, Brandi, Kenya, Gretchen, Aviva, Yolanda, Kristen, Eileen, hell even Cindy---I'd love to know how it went down.

Regarding this episode, Erika isn't much of a performer if she doesn't have a back up plan for what happens if there's a sound issue. Whether it's dancing or taking some time to joke around or otherwise engage with the audience, she doesn't seem like she's comfortable going outside of her limited choreography. I guess she doesn't strike me as a natural performer. 

I like Denise so far but I feel like I won't really know her until she has to handle herself in a conflict with one of the other ladies. Somehow though I already suspect that I'll be on her side particularly since the season trailer makes it seem like she gets into it with Kim. I've never sided with Kim during a conflict and it's unlikely to start this season.

I do miss the friendship between Kyle and LVP. I wish they could make it up. I understand though why Lisa is tired of these women always having the lowest opinion of her.

Rinna's hair always looks better when it's pulled back or flat and sleek. I remember being amazed at her transformation for the Moulin Rouge party when her hair was back and she wore that top hat. Her hair frequently reminds me of a wig that wouldn't be out of place on a character out of a 90s sitcom. I don't need to see her with ridiculous extensions but I wouldn't mind something less poofy. Sleek and chic could do wonders for her, I think.

I agree with those who think it was nice for PK to compliment Erika's dancers. It was a thoughtful gesture and I appreciated seeing it.

Dorit brings nothing to this show. She's over in my barrel with Kim, Yolanda, Brandi, and Taylor in terms of most annoying housewives from this franchise. She's not important enough to be on the all time worst list but if I have to see her for another season it could happen. 

OH, Avaleigh, you make some awesome points!  I agree with most, except, I don't care to see Kyle back with LVP.   I'm done with Kyle. She's shown me who she is AND, I believe her. 

Ref. Boldface above....GREAT IDEA.  I'd love to see that too. But, no way they would let the viewers see the ugly man behind the curtain. lol  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love Erika for this show...I've always found her entertaining. I like her even more because of Ron and Ben's inpersonation of her performing/talking

Their Podcast title this week: It's Expensive to Be Tom

https://play.acast.com/s/watchwhatcrappens/rhobh-itsexpensivetobetom

Maybe, that's the key to appreciating Erika Jayne or Erika, but, maybe,  I can find her entertaining if I envision her as a cartoon character or super hero.  Her complexion looks really good in that photo. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, that's the key to appreciating Erika Jayne or Erika, but, maybe,  I can find her entertaining if I envision her as a cartoon character or super hero.  Her complexion looks really good in that photo. 

If I could have any of their complexions, I’d pick Erika’s. Her skin is to die for. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

The one thing I'll say in Erika's defense here is that I don't know how she could have joked or engaged with the audience since the issue was that the sound went down in half of the venue.  She wouldn't have been able to just start talking to them and have them hear her, while she ad-libbed some content until they got the problem fixed.  Now the fact that Mikey was like "Do we stop them?" He's supposed to know what the hell to do in situations like that.  

5 hours ago, Giselle said:

Absolutely.

It's also been said Kyle and Dorit are good cooks.

After the fiasco with the burgers on the grill camping, I'm kind of rethinking the cooking on the part of Kyle and Dorit.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I'll reiterate - I love Erika

During her performance, Erika says "there's no music on that side of the stage!"

Erika...even when the sound comes back..you do realize there still won't be ANY music on the stage?

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, KungFuBunny said:

The entire cast of VPR have claimed that they only "work" at SUR during filming or for special events tied in to the show. 

They need to stop calling them 'reality' shows then, there is nothing real about them.  They are just shows which are badly acted.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 7:24 AM, Avaleigh said:

^^THIS times a bajillion kazillion^^

ETA: Dorit is the LuAnn of this franchise. Overinflated sense of self importance, always the victim never the perp, insufferable bitch, the only difference is LuAnn is a sharper bitch and Dorit is a butter knife bitch because she's just dumb whereas Lu is shrewd like a rat.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 8

My condolences to those on here who have recently lost pets. As a pet owner myself, I know how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to them. I hope you find peace, joy, love and eventually comfort in your memories. (((HUGS!)))

I enjoyed this week's episode. I am among those who view this show as mindless guilty pleasure entertainment and don't take what the ho'wives say and do to heart. It was a nice break to not have to discuss doggy-gate ad nauseum. 

When Tom was watching Erica's show, he looked happy and like he was enjoying himself, so I guess that says something and at least she did acknowledge that he's the one bankrolling the "tour."

I would totally watch a show where PK is tasked with managing a tour with a billing of Erica, Countess Luann and Boy George (and not necessarily in that order). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On May 14, 2019 at 9:36 PM, RealHousewife said:

I get reminded of the Girls Next Door.

I was waiting for Erika to call Tom "Puffin"...

Seriously though I just get an uncomfortable vibe from that relationship and always have.  Erika seems very stiff and oddly obsequious around/about him and it jars with how she is with everyone else.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, bravofan27 said:

Ericka and staff acted like my husband acts when the big boss shows up to supervise an expensive event. Nervous, fake nice, ass kissey. Ericka's comment that Tom was the one paying for the show-- she STILL isn't sustainable? She needs to enroll in a few business classes and learn how to make money. Or how to add and subtract.

Rinna's hair is not iconic because of her. It's iconic because it's a shag that David Cassidy made famous. And Twiggy. Luanne has a shag as well-- she's not going on and on about how iconic her hair is.

Ericka was pissed because she was caught lip syncing. And then the track when on when she was just standing there.  Not that anyone is surprised, but I'm sure some believers who think she is really a singer cried a bit.

Tom's an old man. Damn. Hopefully Ericka will be nice to him when he gets senile, which appears to be not too far off.

Kyle straddling Maurico in the middle of two other men was beyond chasing youth. Getting that wasted is just not cute. 

On WWHL she said she pays her own bills but then on this episode it sounded like he still contributes quite a bit.  I will say one thing about Ericka and it's that she never appears to be flirting or into any other men unlike some of the New York Housewives. She seems solidly into her marriage with Tom and just satisfied having girlfriends and her glam squad around.  I loved her TH with the red and black outfit and hat. She makes me smile sometimes. 

Rinna says iconic way too fucking much.  She said it about that stupid bunny on WWHL and then mentioned a few other things being iconic within the same half hour and I was like calm down. The bunny is not an iconic moment, it's a reality TV blip that will soon disappear as soon fast as you can say Laurel or Yanny.  I'm disappointed she gave into pressure and started doing other things with her hair. That's not owning it!!!

They keep talking about how Kyle just gets a few drinks in her and gets pretty lively but it's been many, many years of this...,doing splits on a table, shaking her butt and this moment with Mauricio was just gross.  She just loves that attention and alcohol is an excuse. They went home and slept with like 3 kids in their bed and 5 dogs, the kink was for show.

Camille is trying so hard this year and it's embarassing. We don't need her gross stories about using a strap on or fingering a prostate and what the fuck blue coat was she wearing?

These ladies are just dorks and get excited about the lamest things. John Cougar Mellencamp, Boy George, Billy Idol were 30 years ago. Ericka is not the entertainer she wants us to believe.  We need some relevant entertainers up in this bitch. 

Aaron is kind and handsome and seems like a good stepdad but I wonder if he is a little kooky. Who knows. Who knows why Denise's male assistant was carrying 7-year-old Eloise. 

I think Lisa is lying and in denial and her dumb thing about needing to remodel her kitchen because her friend confronted her for 10 minutes is just fucking ridiculous.  Just say you want to remodel your kitchen stop screeching about how your friend yelled at you. I think it goes to show she is used to being in control and she lost favor with all the women and can't accept it.

I guess I had a lot to say about BH!!

• Love 5
On 5/15/2019 at 8:01 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Personally, I could watch Erika Jayne all night long, but probably that was about all Bravo had to work with.  It's been a rocky season.

Yes, what IS up with Kyle?  Damn, the woman is trying WAY too hard.  She's making herself look stupid...STOOPID!  She's definitely needing the spotlight shone on her dumb ass.  First it's with the red boots and trying to get her foot in it, and then it's yelling 'SHUT UP TEDDIE" (but miracle of miracle's Teddie did shut up, so there is that) and then goes and jumps her husband, sandwiched between two other men.  She was really trying hard to steal Erika's thunder, and she sure didn't want Mauricio to have the hots for her.  Kyle is extremely territorial when it comes him.

I don't think LVP will be back next season, and Kyle and Erika will be in the running for HBIC.  jmo

I had to watch that scene again.  I thought Kyle was classy.  Jumping on her husband like a teenager was ridiculous, not once, but twice.  If she has no confidence in her husband to the point of desperation, let the fucker go.  She humiliated herself on national t.v.  If he was ogling Erica, she should of waited until they got home so she could break his head, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I was waiting for Erika to call Tom "Puffin"...

Seriously though I just get an uncomfortable vibe from that relationship and always have.  Erika seems very stiff and oddly obsequious around/about him and it jars with how she is with everyone else.   

Love, love your name.  Reminds me of Dorothy in Wizard of Oz or Disney.  Guess you’ve heard that a thousand times.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

The weird thing is I never even realized how much Mauricio was fawning over Erika... until Kyle jumped on him. She is her own worst enemy. Oddly enough MoGreasio figures heavily in the previews for next week.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

was waiting for Erika to call Tom "Puffin"...

Being that he’s such a V.I.P., she might feel a little inadequate around him?  He went to a few very prestigious schools and knows a lot of important people.  You never know.  Then there’s her job, which isn’t exactly Broadway, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I'd love to hear Erika sing live. I imagine in its raw form, her voice would be better than a Ki Z. but her music is so overproduced that I think hearing her natural voice will surprise me either way. Would anyone buy tickets to her show thinking that she would actually be singing live? It's one thing to lip sync your way through a concert but even when it's expected of you, it must still suck hard when the track goes on the fritz while you're in front of a live audience. I remember Erika had said once that she pays for her own shit but on the show she mentioned that Tom was fronting the costs of the tour. Maybe I could be remembering her interview incorrectly...the question may have been specifically about her expenses related to her glam squad.

I think LVP's new kitchen looks much better than the old one. I tend to favour light colours in a kitchen. The foundations of the design I like, the things that are relatively easy to change are the things that wasn't my personal taste but I will say, that stove was absolutely stunning. Love that style with the two tones. The lie detector was so extra but I guess she's gotta find something to do now that she's filming scenes with the other women.

I don't mind Camille - sometimes I think she's spot on and other times I think she shut keep her mouth shut but I have to say, for a 'friend' of the show, she seems to be very present and involved in a lot that's going on which I find strange compared to seasons past.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Erica better do more than send a fucking note.

Errrr.....mmmkay...word on the street

At her next event appearance...she is going to Pat Her Puss in solidarity

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, Callaphera said:

Ah, so she played the long con. Props, Erika

Yeah, but I don’t think she expected it to last this long, I mean he seems kind of old old not medium old 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, Shannah Banana said:

I'm so sorry.

I really appreciate that.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, walnutqueen said:

My heart is breaking for you, @Raiderred.  I am so very sorry for your unbearable loss.

Thank you so very much. Dang, I just wish these little munchkins lived longer.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2019 at 5:58 AM, Psycho Suzy said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, animals are the best. They don't let you down like people do. Hope you can remember the joy and happiness your pup brought you without too much sadness. 🐕

Thank you very much.  Nope, they NEVER let you down, ever.  She will be remembered forever in her mommy's heart.

• Love 4
On 5/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, RealHousewife said:

I’m so sorry Raiderred. It would be so nice if they lived twice the amount of time. It sounds like you had a really amazing doggie. *hug*

Thank you. Yes, she was very amazing.  The kindest, calmest, coolest little thing I ever had the joy to have in my life.  And yes, I wish science would come up with some genetic something to allow our pets to stay much, much longer in a healthy state.  My girl was healthy right up until the seizure so it is such a shock to know she is gone. She was there through some very rough times in my life. RIP my sweet little Kaycee.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am so sorry!

Thank you.

• Love 6
On 5/18/2019 at 8:34 AM, Gem 10 said:

$300,000?   They saw her coming.

For a highend/upscale  house  - I don't think the price was out of line.

About a decade  back, my friend was starting a reno, - was in LA for a wedding, and had a consultation at Christopher Peacock's showroom. She thought a CP kitchen would be good for resale.

The price back then was getting up in that range,

What mainly killed it, because CP didn't have a crew in Seattle,  my friend would have had to fly in, house(hotel)/feed crew  who do the finishing work.  It just seemed all too much for them.

BTW - they did spend a  hundred or so  on their kitchen

• Useful 4
  • Love 1