Type keyword(s) to search

sMothered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

OMG the preview of Dawn and Cher wearing wigs to match Belle! They are too much. I love that Belle looks just like her dad!

Jason has spent the last two episodes wandering around his house holding his dog and looking perturbed. I thought that all the junk in his house was from a former girlfriend. I had no idea he was so messy until this season. There was obviously a big miscommunication about Sunhe moving in. Jason seems to think it was temporary, but she's all in for the long haul. I don't know why he's involved with Angelica. Unless this whole thing is way overblown for the show, there is no way he will have a moment's peace  with those two. I also don't know why Angelica is involved with him. He's no prize.

I can't even with Lauren and her mom. 

That on/off BF of the Hawaii woman -- if there are trust issues, you really shouldn't bother. It's never going to work and the daughter doesn't want to share mom anyway. I laughed when mom got dressed up for their "formal" dinner and the dude looked like he just finished running errands. Real formal. 

• Love 11

It’s frustrating to me that Lauren doesn’t seem to understand that boundaries doesn’t mean “cutting your mother out of your life”.

If it was never mentioned that Lauren and Laura Leigh are married (let alone living together), I would assume Laura Leigh was just some childhood friend with the way Lauren treats her or includes her in things.

I will NOT be surprised that when Lauren gets pregnant, Laura Leigh will find out AFTER Lauren’s mother does, and Lauren won’t understand what’s hurtful about that.

The fact that Sunhe took Jason’s mother’s room and Angelica stood there and let it happen. Just, ugh.

Also, there is way too much mother-daughter shower play in this series.

• Love 7
On 7/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Karla’s “but we always did this before” crap was so annoying! Like, your daughter is literally telling you what her boundaries are and you are blasting right past it and then gaslighting her over it. Giving her a foot rub does NOT make up for it. She makes me think that she looks at her daughter like her personal toy to keep her entertained and nothing more.

It really bothers me when Sunhe was holding the baby and telling Angelica if she wants Jason as the future father of her child. Um, there’s no future father of her child there! He’s the father! She may not like him, but he’s now the father of her grandchild. She needs to suck it up and let them figure it out on her own.

I was fucking screaming at the TV for Laura Leigh to divorce her wife. My heart was breaking for her trying to communicate and her shitty wife and mother in law saying not to upset Lauren. They completely invalidated Laura Leigh’s feelings. And then when Lauren’s mom told her husband that she was always going to be #1 in her daughter’s life, I lost it. Laura Leigh needs to bounce. No one deserves that. Their relationship isn’t going to get better if mom is #1. Lauren is insufferable, immature, and obnoxious, and Lisa is a piece of work.

Father Cher’s home was so tacky. It shall be named Cringe Castle, the ancestral home of The Ladies of the Screeching Dildo. Lady Cher of No Backbone and Queen Dawn the Perpetual Overstepper. All hail Princess Belle, long live her reign (especially since she looks like her father).

Dawn having Cher’s breast milk painted on her face is next level, man. Fucking disturbed me.

Are these people for real?? honestly.  OMG  My mother and i don't even speak, let alone wear each other's underwear.  (ok.. I watch it)

• Love 7

Hi, folks. I haven't watched this shitshow since last year, and just put Season 3/Episode 5 on as background noise.

Now that Belle is a toddler, does she cling/scream/whine in every episode?  That ridiculous Florida castle Dawn lives in is beyond tacky.

I follow Anjelica on IG for shits and giggles. Amara (sp?) is a beautiful baby, with the most spectacular blue eyes...everyone asks where she gets this from., but Anjelica never responds to inquiries.  Especially if Angelica's Dad is African-American (and thank goodness she's stopped wearing the horrible colored contacts at least in IG pics), and Jason is dark with what appears to also be a Asian Mother. Very odd. 

• Love 6
On 7/16/2021 at 1:52 PM, Boston said:

Are these people for real?? honestly.  OMG  My mother and i don't even speak, let alone wear each other's underwear.  (ok.. I watch it)

If they are for real, then they are some sick fuckers!

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Jason should get an attorney and get some rights to his daughter; they won’t even let him hold her. Also had to roll my eyes at Cher and Dawn and their stupid wigs and Cher pouting because her husband might want her to go home at some point. They don’t even act like they care about the kid, it’s all about them.

Just now, Madding crowd said:

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 9

Verrrrry interesting that Cher said, "I don't want him [Jared] to upset ME" and not "I don't want HIM to be upset."

I swear she and her mom are like children, doing what they're asked not to and then  making up bullshit excuses and trying to look cutesy to get out of trouble. (Although it's age-appropriate in kids.) I don't mind Cher as much when she's with her husband, but she and Dawn together irritate the **** out of me.

• Love 10

The bizarre thing to me is that I thought Dawn looked much younger without her dyed dark hair. If she wasn’t so obsessed with being her daughter’s twin (although anyone who looks at them and thinks they are the same age needs an eye exam) she could have her own style and look better.

• Love 8

Laura Leigh needs to leave this unhealthy relationship between Lauren and her mom BEFORE a child is conceived. I believe Lauren and her mother will fully control everything about that child, and that what Laura Leigh wants or needs will be ignored. It will always be, or feel like, two against one in every aspect of raising the child. If you think Lauren and Lisa are close now, without boundaries, just wait until it is Lauren and Lisa and THEIR baby. Yes, they will both see the baby as “theirs” and Laura Leigh will feel more like an outsider than she does now.

Honestly, I was really happy that Jared tried to stand up for himself and let Cher and Dawn know that he was not ok with what they did. It’s so frustrating that they don’t understand that just because they think it’s okay, it’s not a big deal, it wasn’t with a stranger, it was convenient, etc. that doesn’t mean that Jared would think that way too and it was super disrespectful that they would basically disregard his feelings/thoughts on the matter. It was also super disrespectful that you couldn’t even do the one thing he asked of you when you basically backed him into this corner of letting Cher and Belle stay a few more weeks.

Sunhe doing the skin to skin with the baby is repulsive!! If she could breastfeed she would! That is just not okay and Angelica should not allow that. Especially since Jason has never got to! WTF!!!

• Love 11

I'm finding myself lacking empathy for Jason and Laura Leigh - they both know exactly what kind of relationship they are in and have had ample time to decide if they are OK with it or not. If they haven't put their foot down yet, then they've basically chosen to have these issues in their lives permanently.

I've watched something like this happen with my dad and his second partner (after my mom). She was a very dominating personality and he just rolled over for her. It never got better and only got worse as the years went on. He tried to play the helpless victim but I would always challenge him and then he would admit that he ignored the problems in the beginning and just hoped they would go away - three decades later and they never did. And now they are both dead.

• Love 3
On 7/19/2021 at 10:30 PM, JeanJean said:

Verrrrry interesting that Cher said, "I don't want him [Jared] to upset ME" and not "I don't want HIM to be upset."

I swear she and her mom are like children, doing what they're asked not to and then  making up bullshit excuses and trying to look cutesy to get out of trouble. (Although it's age-appropriate in kids.) I don't mind Cher as much when she's with her husband, but she and Dawn together irritate the **** out of me.

And how much did I love it when Jason was having none of that BS and told Dawn to leave so he could talk to his wife ALONE.

• Love 6
On 7/20/2021 at 6:19 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Sunhe doing the skin to skin with the baby is repulsive!! If she could breastfeed she would! That is just not okay and Angelica should not allow that. Especially since Jason has never got to! WTF!!!

Seems like Child Protective Services needs to be involved.  SunHe is NOT stable.

• Love 5
On 7/20/2021 at 6:19 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Laura Leigh needs to leave this unhealthy relationship between Lauren and her mom BEFORE a child is conceived.

WORD!  My bolding !!!     Laura Leigh must really NEED to be The Caretaker!  She's pretty, smart, funny, PATIENT...and loaded with common sense.  HOW did she get roped into this three-way?  She seems like she's a hard worker.  How long can she remain a healthy and happy person with these two albatrosses (albatrosiii?) ? Lauren's dad gave some good insight into what's ahead for Laura Leigh if the Gruesome Twosome continues to stomp all over her.  I'm SAD for LL.   (Laura Leigh ... save your TLC paychecks and RUN, Baby, RUN!!!)

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Which mother-daughters do you NEVER watch?  I fast-forward these--just can't handle 'em:

• Amy and Carina
  • Karla and Rykia
  • Kathy and Christina  

Really? I enjoy Kathy and Christina. I like when Carlo’s on. He cracks me up. Anyone else think Carlo and Christina look like they could be brother and sister?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Really? I enjoy Kathy and Christina. I like when Carlo’s on. He cracks me up. Anyone else think Carlo and Christina look like they could be brother and sister?

I get it's all scripted, but I can't stand Kathy complaining about Christina having to work in the pizza restaurant. So women don't need to contribute financially to their family? They look to have a very nice house and starting a new business is risky. Girlfriend needs to do what's needed for her family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, zenme said:

I would watch a series that’s nothing more than Carlo moving in for one week with each of the other mother/daughter duos and setting them straight. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 7/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

It’s frustrating to me that Lauren doesn’t seem to understand that boundaries doesn’t mean “cutting your mother out of your life”.

If it was never mentioned that Lauren and Laura Leigh are married (let alone living together), I would assume Laura Leigh was just some childhood friend with the way Lauren treats her or includes her in things.

I will NOT be surprised that when Lauren gets pregnant, Laura Leigh will find out AFTER Lauren’s mother does, and Lauren won’t understand what’s hurtful about that.

Between the "insemination" and the way the mother looks at Lauren and strokes, I mean brushes her hair, they give off some totally creepy incestuous vibes. I'm not sure why 2 adults would sign up to portray themselves like this on national tv. That Laura Leigh needs to run fast! 

• Love 11

Someone help Laura Leigh OUT OF THAT MESS before Lauren's mother begins testosterone treatments so SHE can impregnate her own daughter (I know, I know).  Isn't there some Adult Protective Services agency that can swoop in to help?

• Love 6

Jason's mom does NOT need to move into that house! She seems so awkward and the evil twins will chew her up and spit her out like a piece of bad meat. Jason, whose balls are carried in Sunhe's purse, will not stand up for her. I would LOVE to unleash Carlo on Sunhe. The thought makes me smile.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Rebky said:

Jason's mom does NOT need to move into that house! She seems so awkward and the evil twins will chew her up and spit her out like a piece of bad meat. Jason, whose balls are carried in Sunhe's purse, will not stand up for her. I would LOVE to unleash Carlo on Sunhe. The thought makes me smile.....

Carlo is my favorite person on the show. He needs to go around to every mother/daughter duo and tell them about themselves, especially Lauren and Lisa. They are GROSS.

as for Carlo’s own duo, how is 5 houses down from your mom not close enough? That has to be a show plot…right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

as for Carlo’s own duo, how is 5 houses down from your mom not close enough? That has to be a show plot…right?

It could be, but the closer house is quite a bit bigger and I could see why Christina would want that one. If the houses were similar or the new one wasn’t so nice, I’d think plot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

“Why don’t you f***ing marry your mother!” screeches Angelica the grown woman-child who lives with her mother, moves her mother into her fiancé’s house, takes a bath in her mother’s left-over bathwater, massages her mother, and generally follows every order that blurts out of her mother's mouth. What a b**ch. 

Jason is no prize, but he can do way better than this. 

• Love 13

Karla is in desperate need of friends who aren’t Rykia. She is a narcissist.

I think Jason’s mom was being polite, and Jason probably told his mother he is hardly ever allowed to hold his baby. She surely knows about the horrors of life with Sunhe, so why would she bother to engage? Sunhe was over there trying to have a pissing contest and Jason’s mom was just like, “I’d like to remove myself from this narrative.”

Kai: Doesn’t want the woman he’s with to be upset, she wakes up to him in bed instead of her daughter. Carina: You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life, mom. Amy: You’re right. Get out, Kai!

I don’t understand how Cristina thinks it’s healthy to have such an obsession with your mother that you have to be right across the street.

• Love 4

I hate Sunhe with the heat of a 1000 suns. She acted like it was her house with all of her shitty things showing Jason's mom around for approval. Does Sunhe or Angelica even work? Jason is a doormat, he should have never continued this relationship.  Lauren is a smug ass, and her mother has a few screws loose. I like their dad and he needs to talk some sense into these idiots. The ones in Hawaii...they got a little higher up on my dislike meter for fostering the ducks, clearly the mother is holding on to Kai for years and that alone isnt healthy, but neither is sharing a  bed with your 30 year daughter. I get a kick out of Kathy and Carla, I love their Chicago accent, and I find them funny. I think Carla moving next door may be more out of guilt as Kathy recently lost her husband and maybe she feels like she needs to be closer..idk 

• Love 7

Jason's mom seems to be the only one not in on the joke that is this whole situation. Sunhe and Angelica are rude, mean and disrespectful to the woman. Sunhe is awful. Jason needs to 1. Grow a pair and stand up to her 2. Leave. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

but neither is sharing a  bed with your 30 year daughter.

When Amy said that it was weird to wake up in bed next to her boyfriend – and not her daughter – my jaw actually dropped.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Jason's mom seems to be the only one not in on the joke that is this whole situation. Sunhe and Angelica are rude, mean and disrespectful to the woman. Sunhe is awful. Jason needs to 1. Grow a pair and stand up to her 2. Leave. 

I think Jason and his mother are in some perpetual state of semi-consciousness.  They seem to walk around in disbelief.  Neither is capable of standing up to anyone.

• Love 6

Regarding LookAlikes DAWN and CHER, just found this (you all probably know):  

"Cher Hubsher's brother was a contestant on 'The Bachelorette.'

"It comes as a surprise to many when they find out that Cher has a brother named Grant Hubsher, who just so happens to also be a reality star (to a certain extent). Grant was a contestant on the Season 13 of The Bachelorette. The season premiered on May 22, 2017, featuring the first Black bachelorette, 31-year-old attorney Rachel Lindsay. 

"Unfortunately, Grant didn’t get too far on the show — he was one of eight suitors who did not get a rose at the end of the first episode and was sent packing."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, LeesburgLee said:

“Why don’t you f***ing marry your mother!” screeches Angelica the grown woman-child who lives with her mother, moves her mother into her fiancé’s house, takes a bath in her mother’s left-over bathwater, massages her mother, and generally follows every order that blurts out of her mother's mouth. What a b**ch. 

Jason is no prize, but he can do way better than this. 

If it were up to Satan's sidekick - I mean Sunhe she would love to kick Jason out of the picture completely!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

When Amy said that it was weird to wake up in bed next to her boyfriend – and not her daughter – my jaw actually dropped.

Kind of wish Darcey & Stacey were that obsessed w/their kids instead of men all of the time!!!!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, teapot said:

Kind of wish Darcey & Stacey were that obsessed w/their kids instead of men all of the time!!!!

The only time I set eyes/ears on those two is on the "clips" touting their show.  Darcey was too much for me, so I put a stop to her early on.  Double my pleasure?  I don't think so.  I feel bad enough watching sMothered!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The daughter-in-law, Laura Leigh, needs to get out of town as fast as possible!  She is EVERYTHING GOOD.  She must be really NEEDY to get involved with this crazy duo!  Maybe she could help the dad by inviting him along!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

The daughter-in-law, Laura Leigh, needs to get out of town as fast as possible!  She is EVERYTHING GOOD.  She must be really NEEDY to get involved with this crazy duo!  Maybe she could help the dad by inviting him along!

I'm trying to figure out how she fell in love with Lauren in the first place. I don't see one redeeming quality in her. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I'm trying to figure out how she fell in love with Lauren in the first place. I don't see one redeeming quality in her. 

EXACTLY!!!   Laura Leigh must have a BIG c**** in her armor that we haven't been allowed to see.  She probably DOES want to take care of someone; maybe that's how she got sucked in.  FREE LAURA LEIGH !!!

• Love 3

I caught up on the last two episodes. Lauren and her mom are the absolute worst. I LOVED when Laura Lee got to be the one to inseminate Lauren. I'm sure her mom was thinking "damn, why didn't I think of that!" when Laura Leigh asked the dr if she could do it.

Why was Sunhe giving Jason's mom a tour of a home she's already visited?

The looks between Sunhe and Angelica were hilarious. Angelica, your future MIL doesn't prefer the dog to your precious Amara, she wants to give her son the 5 minutes to hold his child that you never give him. 

Jason needs to run for the hills. Just let them have the house and go. Fast. 

Just now, jackjill89 said:

I caught up on the last two episodes. Lauren and her mom are the absolute worst. I LOVED when Laura Lee got to be the one to inseminate Lauren. I'm sure her mom was thinking "damn, why didn't I think of that!" when Laura Leigh asked the dr if she could do it. Lauren's mom has such a smugness about her around Laura Leigh. I really want to slap her. 

Why was Sunhe giving Jason's mom a tour of a home she's already visited?

The looks between Sunhe and Angelica were hilarious. Angelica, your future MIL doesn't prefer the dog to your precious Amara, she wants to give her son the 5 minutes to hold his child that you never give him. 

Jason needs to run for the hills. Just let them have the house and go. Fast. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

But... who would want themselves or their family members to be portrayed as an asshole on national tv?  Is it really just for the money?  

Money, yes.  Fame, haha-yes-haha.  I believe the most important thing is that they are delusional and truly believe they will get a LIFETIME CAREER...if only the Great American Viewer can see them on television.

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

The thing with these reality show is that we know there are manipulations by the producers. But... who would want themselves or their family members to be portrayed as an asshole on national tv?  Is it really just for the money?  

You'd have to pay me lots of money to act a fool like these people. Lots and lots. 

• Love 3

This show raises my blood pressure! Sunhe is one of the most despicable people I have ever seen on a reality show. Then we have Laura and her creepy mother. Laura Lee will never have a happy marriage unless they set some boundaries. Then there is Cher who acts like a spoiled teenager and can’t have a mature conversation with her husband. I can’t imagine what she and Jared have in common. And they always claim Belle is with grandpa when I’m sure they park her with a nanny so they can “play”.

• Love 6