Type keyword(s) to search

sMothered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am oh so very impressed with the sleuthing accomplished here---outstanding job Druzy!!--Cher is yet again one more realitystarwannabe.

I wish I could remember that sweet 16 show. Going to have to watch it now.She didn't seem sooo sooo off as her mama.

• Love 2

I'm angry that the craziest, co-dependent mom (Sunhe), actually has a valid point about Dude (I forget his name) needing to handle his business before asking her daughter to move in with him.  

But she is just so nutballs it hurts my head.  Sharing body filth tea (bath water) doesn't show trust, it shows disgusting-ness.  And WTF is her fiance thinking?  She has zero desire to marry and/leave her daughter.  Why did he throw himself into that mess?

• Love 5
On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, Kangatush said:

I'm angry that the craziest, co-dependent mom (Sunhe), actually has a valid point about Dude (I forget his name) needing to handle his business before asking her daughter to move in with him.  

She needs to totally dump that guy.  He lets his old girlfriend keep all her shit at his place?  Oh, come on!  Wake up, New Chick, he's still banging the old one.

• Love 4
On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, Kangatush said:

But she is just so nutballs it hurts my head.  Sharing body filth tea (bath water) doesn't show trust, it shows disgusting-ness.  And WTF is her fiance thinking?  She has zero desire to marry and/leave her daughter.  Why did he throw himself into that mess?

That's kind of the thing, though-only so many men are going to be willing to date a woman with that level of crazy so the pickings are probably slim!  Normal men aren't going to deal with that.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, GingerSnappy said:

The pregnant daughter and mother is more annoying than anything, although the mom's Medieval Times McMansion totally cracked me up.  when the mom and daughter were sitting there talking I expected a jousting tournament to go by and one of them to pick up a large turkey leg with their bare hands.

Without being offensive - those two are definitely north Jersey or even Long Island.  I know the type having worked with these folks and lived near these folks.  It's the same nonsense you see on RHONJ.  Nothing can ever be said in a conversational tone - it has to be shrieked even if the dialog participant is standing a foot away; everyone talks through their noses and everyone thinks their 'stuff' doesn't stink.  It didn't take me three seconds in the commercial to guess any of this.

I feel sorry for the husband, because he's going to get pushed away so fast, he might trip.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, b2H said:

Nothing can ever be said in a conversational tone - it has to be shrieked even if the dialog participant is standing a foot away; everyone talks through their noses and everyone thinks their 'stuff' doesn't stink

Totally agree, I'm from Long Island and this is so true.   

I'm watching a few other reality shows in addition to this one and I'm starting to get confused on who is who on what show so forgive me for not knowing everyone's name.

The ultra clingy mother that confronted the still married boyfriend is right.  I'm a mom of 2 girls and I would not want either of them moving in with a married man.  That's all I agree with her on, the rest of the relationship with her daughter is too weird.  

That "45" year old Kim Zolciak wannabe is a mess.  Her daughter didn't need her lips done and they ended up looking horrible.  I felt bad for the girl they looked like they hurt.

• Love 6

Sunhe drives me crazy ! She isn't "smothering" her daughter, she is OBSESSED with her daughter and afraid to be alone (even with a boyfriend/fiancé). She has Angelica so brainwashed into thinking she needs to paint Sunhe's toenails and dress her and order her dinners for her.... Angelica needs to get away from her mom.  That is some creepy stuff going on. 

Sandra's ex-husband, I think his name is Adrian... maybe. He's hot. i would watch because of him. hubba hubba.

The Italian family from the Chicago area. I know them. I mean, I don't know them, know them. I know so many families just like them. I live kind of close to that family and every time they pop on the screen I say to my husband, "oh my gosh, they are soooooooooo Lana's family... I cannot wrap my brain around it. Her mom even looks like Lana's mom." 

• Love 3
On 6/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, UniqueHandle said:

The Italian family from the Chicago area. I know them. I mean, I don't know them, know them.

I get what you are saying.  To some extent we are that family.  We don't meddle in each other's lives thought.  At least not where they can hear...........😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The Italian family from Chicago has the most awful decorating taste ever.  Is the family really expected to step around the eggs laid out all over the carpets for the entirety of Lent??  How do you vacuum if you put plastic eggs all over your carpet to decorate for the holiday? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

I also wonder if Mariah has butt implants. She’s only 21 years old and already looks so tragically fake.  Fake boobs, fake hair, fake fingernails, fake tan, fake butt, fake lips, fake eyelashes, etc. And for all of that she looks rather homely and manly. 

• Love 6

You can tell it’s scripted...when the Italian mom and daughter follow the sister on her date.  They are at a bowling alley and they are the only ones there....plus the sister doesn’t see the camera crew up there?!?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, b2H said:

Without being offensive - those two are definitely north Jersey or even Long Island.  I know the type having worked with these folks and lived near these folks.  It's the same nonsense you see on RHONJ.  Nothing can ever be said in a conversational tone - it has to be shrieked even if the dialog participant is standing a foot away; everyone talks through their noses and everyone thinks their 'stuff' doesn't stink.  It didn't take me three seconds in the commercial to guess any of this.

I feel sorry for the husband, because he's going to get pushed away so fast, he might trip.

On behalf of my much-maligned home state of NJ - especially North Jersey - I am pleased to report that we aren't taking credit for these two.  They're from Florida.  I vaguely recalled that from her Sweet 16 episode.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/who-is-cher-hubsher-from-my-super-sweet-16-to-smothered/

(I mean, I have to claim all of the RHONJ, have pity on me! 🙂 )

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I was creeped out at the way the mom eyed her nude daughter during that tanning session. And no way she that mom just start acting like a skank. That scene totally turned me off from this show.

• Love 4
On 6/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, UniqueHandle said:

Sunhe drives me crazy ! She isn't "smothering" her daughter, she is OBSESSED with her daughter and afraid to be alone (even with a boyfriend/fiancé). She has Angelica so brainwashed into thinking she needs to paint Sunhe's toenails and dress her and order her dinners for her.... Angelica needs to get away from her mom.  That is some creepy stuff going on. 

Sandra's ex-husband, I think his name is Adrian... maybe. He's hot. i would watch because of him. hubba hubba.

The Italian family from the Chicago area. I know them. I mean, I don't know them, know them. I know so many families just like them. I live kind of close to that family and every time they pop on the screen I say to my husband, "oh my gosh, they are soooooooooo Lana's family... I cannot wrap my brain around it. Her mom even looks like Lana's mom." 

Well I actually know them. 😂😂. Lord have mercy. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:53 AM, zipbags said:

You can tell it’s scripted...when the Italian mom and daughter follow the sister on her date.  They are at a bowling alley and they are the only ones there....plus the sister doesn’t see the camera crew up there?!?

And the sister was mic’d up too

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/1/2019 at 4:15 PM, kacesq said:

On behalf of my much-maligned home state of NJ - especially North Jersey - I am pleased to report that we aren't taking credit for these two.  They're from Florida.  I vaguely recalled that from her Sweet 16 episode.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/who-is-cher-hubsher-from-my-super-sweet-16-to-smothered/

Are they faking the accents then? WTF is up with that.

(edited)

Gawwwwdddddd!!!  I really wish there were something else on TV on Sunday nights. There isn’t anything on Netflix that I feel like watching. ( I just finished watching season one of Mr. Iglesias. It’s cute. Episode 6 about the bully was the best one, IMHO.)  I want something mindless to watch and I guess this fits the bill.

ETA: Does Mariah own any clothing that isn’t skin tight and made of spandex? Does she own any underwear?

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 2
(edited)

The way Angelica is playing with Sunhe’s hair as they talk in bed together is extremely inappropriate and creepy. Frankly just the fact that they share a is creepy enough. Angelica is cock blocking Bret.

ETA:  and now the mom and daughter from Chicago are having breast exams at the plastic surgeons office in front of an open, ground floor window.  Because every random person who walks by that office building should get to see their boobs.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 1

Cher and Dawn and the Italian mother and daughter (can't remember their names) were what I was imagining with a show called Smothered - unusually close but ultimately pretty harmless (maybe not totally harmless for the husbands, but they knew what they were getting into). But Mariah and Sandra and Angelica and Sunhe, holy shit. 

At least with Sandra, I get her angle - she wants to be young again. But find a younger friend/friends to do that with and don't do it with your daughter because that's just fucking weird and inappropriate.

Sunhe is an unbelievably selfish piece of shit and a sorry-ass excuse for a mother. I actually get angry watching her. She seems like obsessed with her daughter. If I had a friend who was in a situation with her boyfriend like the one Angelica is in with Jason, I would be like, "Dump him!" But honestly, Angelica living with Jason, even with his ex-GF's stuff and the fact that he is still married, seems like a way better and healthier option than continuing to live with her mother. I want to send Angelica through deprogramming, like what cult members have to go through. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Cher and Dawn and the Italian mother and daughter (can't remember their names) were what I was imagining with a show called Smothered - unusually close but ultimately pretty harmless (maybe not totally harmless for the husbands, but they knew what they were getting into). But Mariah and Sandra and Angelica and Sunhe, holy shit. 

At least with Sandra, I get her angle - she wants to be young again. But find a younger friend/friends to do that with and don't do it with your daughter because that's just fucking weird and inappropriate.

Sunhe is an unbelievably selfish piece of shit and a sorry-ass excuse for a mother. I actually get angry watching her. She seems like obsessed with her daughter. If I had a friend who was in a situation with her boyfriend like the one Angelica is in with Jason, I would be like, "Dump him!" But honestly, Angelica living with Jason, even with his ex-GF's stuff and the fact that he is still married, seems like a way better and healthier option than continuing to live with her mother. I want to send Angelica through deprogramming, like what cult members have to go through. 

Word.  Where is the lie?!  

Cher and Dawn hurt my ears, but are relatively innocuous.   Dawn praising her daughter for every little existence is super tiresome.  "OMG, Cher, look at how you sit on a chair?!  I'm so proud of you, my daughter, my twin."  Whatever, Martha. 

The mom that looks like an aged 70s male rocker and her daughter from Chicago are annoying and loud, but don't really seem to be that bad.  I'm sure the rest of the families stay far away.

Sandra and Mariah are a hot mess.  I get that she wants to be "young" and "hot", but Sandra has another daughter to be raising, and wouldn't be bad looking if she weren't trying so damn hard to be "20 something".  Mariah is a Kardashian wannabe who is going to misspend her youth on racking up hookups from her thirst trap instapics, and her mother is too busy living vicariously through her to help her get herself together.  I can't believe Mariah is only 21, as she looks much older and worn than that. 

Sunhe is scary.  Boil your bunny, steal your cat, set you on fire scary.  She is clearly well versed on preying on her daughter's insecurities, using their past, and influencing her with cult leader accuracy.  The scene in North Dakota or wherever the fuck where they are laying in bed "bonding" was shot very close and kept emphasizing the intimacy and strokes and touches between them.  It was so squishy and strange.  It isn't spiritual. It isn't enlightened.  It is pure spiteful, selfishness.  Not to be all armchair psychologist, but she's never forgiven Angelica's pops from leaving, and can't get over someone daring to leave someone as amazing as her.  As such, she's making sure Angelica herself never leaves, and ensures she over-inflates her own self worth and perceived value to others, so no one can compare to their spiritual existence.  Chilling. As. Fuck.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Cher is a registered nurse and works at a big-girl job.  

I couldn't put my finger on it, but then it occurred to me that Dawn sounds like Mrs. Potato Head in the Toy Story movies.

Edited by readheaded
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, druzy said:

Cher was on MTV's My Super Sweet 16

What show was she on with the canoe?? ....EDIT:  caught up in the message board . It’s EXILED ( thanks Druzy!) 

* so Cher is a showbiz wanna-be

Edited by DNR
Update edit
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DNR said:

What show was she on with the canoe?? 

My Super Sweet 16 Presents: Exiled

She was also in The Amityville Terror (2016)

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2

Back to Sunhe's daughter.  Ok, he has an "ex-wife" and a "girlfriend" who still has her stuff at his house.  Are we sure these two ladies are alive?  Even if they are, huge red flags.  Murderer or non-committal, either way bad news.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Back to Sunhe's daughter.  Ok, he has an "ex-wife" and a "girlfriend" who still has her stuff at his house.  Are we sure these two ladies are alive?  Even if they are, huge red flags.  Murderer or non-committal, either way bad news.

Agreed.  I said it before, I'll say it again I HATE that the grossest, most manipulative, unhealthily obsessed with her child mother has an actually valid point about the boyfriend.  And she's not even an ex wife, she's still wife.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, jumper sage said:

My assumption was that he’s been lying about the ex girlfriend leaving things at his house and that the dresses, high heels, and lingerie are all his. I don’t understand why anyone would leave a bunch of stuff over at an ex’s house. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

My assumption was that he’s been lying about the ex girlfriend leaving things at his house and that the dresses, high heels, and lingerie are all his. I don’t understand why anyone would leave a bunch of stuff over at an ex’s house. 

Interesting

• Love 1
On 7/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, cherenkov said:

North Jersey originally too!  Don't forget the Jersey Shore.  Sure many of them didn't come from NJ, but it still didn't make the state look particularly good either.

(edited)

Dear gawwwd, have none of these people attempted to use the word "no"? I'll type up some examples, which means I have to remember names...here goes...

Sunhe: I think you should break up with Jason 'cause Mama loves you mostest forEVER.

Angelica: No.*

*(Bad example, 'cause Jason is a loser, but still. These two are pathological. The mid-morning caressing and hair-stroking! Egads!)

You can even jazz up the "no."

Dawn: I'm going to be in the delivery room! And come to stay eeeevery weeeekend eeeveer!

Jared: Put me down for no.

Christina: Mooooom, you've just gotta get your bewbs done so we have matching bewbies! You've gooooottttta! Let's go see a doctoooor!

Kathy: Nah, I don't want to.

Mariah: You should dress like a two-bit hooker, just like meeeee! And wear lingerie in public!

Sandra: No. No no no no.

See, it's easy. It's amazing that the combined weight of false eyelashes and no spines whatsoever haven't sent these wretched, dysfunctional duos, and their feckless husbands, crumpling to the ground like cheap lawn chairs.

And Sunhe is the big spoon? How is that even a damn thing?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Sunhe is the wicked stepmother...only she is the real mother.

but angelica's boyfriend is scuzzy...sunhe is going to put a contract on daughter and boyfriend...controlling much???

• Love 4

Dawn is gross, inappropriate, and needs therapy. 

The two from Chicago are tacky and loud.  I feel really bad for the little girl trying to get her mom’s attention when the mom and grandma were drinking wine and texting the husband. I am sure some of the mom’s and daughter’s hair fell onto the pizzas being made while they were there. Also, why does everything they own have to be black and white???

I find Angelica to be a hideous giant, so unless Sunhe can find someone else willing to have a relationship with her ugly daughter, she needs to butt out. The scuzzy boyfriend tricked Angelica into thinking it was a marriage proposal until Sunhe clarified. He really is awful. Also, Angelica giving her mom a foot rub WHILE THEY WERE EATING DINNER AND INCHES FROM THEIR FOOD was disgusting.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, PityFree said:

The two from Chicago  why does everything they own have to be black and white???

Makes them look slimmer????

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, TMI said:

Sunhe is the wicked stepmother...only she is the real mother.

My first thought when Angelica made her mom breakfast and was then giving her a foot rub was the she's Cinderella. Angelica also helps her mom get dressed and orders food for her at restaurants. Sunhe doesn't want to lose her unpaid servant. 

9 hours ago, PityFree said:

I find Angelica to be a hideous giant, so unless Sunhe can find someone else willing to have a relationship with her ugly daughter, she needs to butt out.

Jesus, what an unnecessarily harsh comment. She can't help the way she looks or how tall she is. 

Soon Cher and Jared (I think that's her husband's name) will be dealing with two babies - Dawn and their own child. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who do something shitty and then turn on the water works when called on it so they can seem like the victim. Jared was right to be pissed that she intentionally left him out.

• Love 4
On 7/7/2019 at 9:13 PM, druzy said:

Why doesn't that mom from Chicago ever move her head?

I was thinking that her head is just attached to her shoulders, no neck.  Does she have a husband or is that big gaudy house just for her and NormalDaughter?

I think Dawn wants Cher to not have an epidural so Cher will “need” Dawn more if she’s in pain.  By the way, Dawn, you do NOT look like sisters.

No way do I believe that was Dawn’s first experience with Botox.  Maybe having her daughter do it, but that woman is no stranger to cosmetic procedures.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Good god these mothers are selfish AF. You are going to die one day and leave your child broken and alone because they couldn’t let go. I get the one is excited about being a grandmother but stop pushing the husband out seriously. And good god the one mom who is giddy to have her daughter single so she can focus on her mother more is INSAne lady what’s goin to happen when you aren’t around anymore? Being selfish you aren’t thinking of the future or her happiness just yours and that’s way fucked up. You’ll be dead and she’ll be alone and miserable but thank god she got to focus on her mother daughter relationship tho.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I was thinking that her head is just attached to her shoulders, no neck.  Does she have a husband or is that big gaudy house just for her and NormalDaughter?

I guess he's smart enough to not go on this hot mess of a show.  The first episode they did say they lived like 6 houses apart or something so they don't share a house.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, PityFree said:

Also, why does everything they own have to be black and white???

Hey I saw pops of red in there.  Black, white and red together are like the mascot colors of trashy decor. 

1 hour ago, GingerSnappy said:

Cher's Mother: (paraphrasing) "I want to look young so my grandbaby will like me and want to play with me."

Jeez, they come out of the womb shallow in this family.

I noticed the same thing!  "Grandbaby will like me... and want to play with me".  BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU HAVE BOTOX AT 8 MONTHS OLD.  Jesus woman. 

17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

You’ll be dead and she’ll be alone and miserable but thank god she got to focus on her mother daughter relationship tho.  

That talk they had gave me chills.  Tearing up and everything about how Sunhe will leave this earth one day... Technically, we all will, so quit boohooing Sunhe.  You're not any more important than the rest of us because you enabled your daughter through life. 

• Love 3