Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Family Portrait

druzy
  • Start Topic

I thought the photo shoot was cute and I loved the one pic they showed of Devoin and Nova. Roxanne said it looked like an ad and it kinda did.

Chelsea's car seems relatively new, why does she not have blue tooth? I get anxiety watching her drive around with her phone in her hand.

Lux was pretty drooly during dinner.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I thought the photo shoot was cute and I loved the one pic they showed of Devoin and Nova. Roxanne said it looked like an ad and it kinda did.

Chelsea's car seems relatively new, why does she not have blue tooth? I get anxiety watching her drive around with her phone in her hand.

Lux was pretty drooly during dinner.

Having Bluetooth and using Bluetooth are two seperate things.  Could be she can't be assed to sync it up every time she gets behind the wheel. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Having Bluetooth and using Bluetooth are two seperate things.  Could be she can't be assed to sync it up every time she gets behind the wheel. 

That was my first thought as well. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lemur said:

This is true. Idk why she wouldn't use it if she has it. I got a new car last year with Bluetooth and I love it! 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2019 at 12:44 AM, Mkay said:

I was trying to imagine telling my 61 yr old Daddy to come Sit with me because I was scared.  He’d tell me to come over or grab a gun. Calling my dad because I have anxiety.  He’d laugh at me. 

eh, mine is 62 and he would come if I asked. Or tell me to come to their place because he wouldn't want to be at my place either in case the robbers came back lol 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, Mothra said:

I didn't get it about Addie, either.  They took her to urgent care (I guess that's one of those pop-up medical services in the back part of drugstores?);

Urgent Care centers are like an in-between of your regular doctor and emergency. They are usually stand alone doctors offices, look and function like doctors offices, but you don't have an appointment.  You just go in, tell them what you need to be seen for and then wait your turn.  It's possible she couldn't get into their regular doctor? So they decided to do Urgent Care and then after that maybe they thought the emergency room would take it more seriously.  Sometimes urgent cares just want to get through people as fast as possible because they can get REALLY busy. It's not out of the norm to wait 30-60 min.  We have a lot around where I live and thankfully now some of the certain ones have the wait times listed on their website so you can see which location might get you in quicker. 

1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Talking on bluetooth is kinda weird to me. I'd feel like the person would never be able to hear me so I'd probably be yelling.  I don't talk on the phone much at all anyways but when I get a new car and it has bluetooth I don't know that I will use it for phone calls. 

PLUS you aren't suppose to talk on the phone AT ALL while driving, not even using bluetooth 😉 (sorry I have to give that little plug because of where I work) 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, BitterApple said:

Does Addie not have a pediatrician? I'm assuming if what was going on was life threatening, Urgent Care would've sent her to the ER immediately. So Leah waited an entire night and an entire day until Jeremy got home....to rush Addie to the hospital? Um, okay. 

The schools aren’t well there & Leah needed a reason for Jeremy to come rushing home so they could hook up (and Jeremy wanted an excuse to come home and hook up with Leah, too, no doubt). Y’all know Addie was secretly rolling her eyes and judging the whole thing. 

On 5/14/2019 at 12:44 AM, Mkay said:

I was trying to imagine telling my 61 yr old Daddy to come Sit with me because I was scared.  He’d tell me to come over or grab a gun. Calling my dad because I have anxiety.  He’d laugh at me. 

Seriously. My dad is in his 70s and a veteran. If I said I was scared, he’d drive the 1.5 hrs over to sit with me with his guns and/or gift me the tuition for a concealed carry class. I can’t even picture if I told him “I have anxiety” what he’d say - I think his response would be a blank stare like “that term doesn’t compute.”  

I’m sure Chelsea has anxiety from the break-in and since she’s on a reality TV show, etc, but I also wonder if some of it isn’t just that Chelsea feels lonely & isolated. Being a stay at home mom to very small children without any friends/neighbors who are in the same boat can be extremely isolating and quite honestly - anxiety inducing. I think Chelsea maybe can’t admit that because she’s so into her role as fulfilled mommy and that it would make her seem like a failure, but it wouldn’t. 

Nor to mention, anxiety can be a big part of postpartum depression (and postpartum anxiety is a thing). Layne wasn’t very old when this was filmed. Having two babies back to back does a number on your body and hormones. Chelsea should probably talk to someone just in case. She may be struggling with postpartum anxiety/depression and just can’t articulate that, so she focuses on the break-in because that is something she feels she can talk about.

Okay, I’m done with my armchair psychologist diagnosing for the day. 🙂 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Chelsea needs to resolve her anxiety issues, her palpable fear is going to negatively affect her children. IMO she needs to wean Layne and go on some meds, for the benefit of the entire family(including Randy!).

It already does!  Poor Aubree can't sleep.  Why is she talking about this in front of the kids? 

• Love 7

Leah-you’re not fooling anyone...not even your 6 year old.

Kail- so you don’t want to tell the kids about your sister having a baby because you don’t want to introduce them to someone who might not be permanently in their lives. Alrighty then. So what about all the sycophants you’ve had hanging on your fat ass for the past 10 years,  not to mention random dudes/Baby Daddies living with you.

oy vey. So glad this season is over!  

• Love 20
On 5/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, kicksave said:

Devoin seems a little socially awkward...he's by nature quiet and soft spoken. Totally the opposite of the women Nova is surrounded with at home. It's probably a relief for her to spend time with a quiet and relaxed adult.

I fucking loved it when they showed him prancing into the photo shoot, big smile on his face as he adjusted his collar. That boy has come a long, long way. I like the bond he's formed with Nova and how he talks to her like she's got a brain. I wish he could go to college or find a trade and build a good future. There's still time, though. It was also nice when Brittany told Nova her dad is awesome.

As covenly as the coven is, the mother and sister have been good about giving Devon his props. Here's to hoping he keeps it up.

Am I wrong to think we should have seen some growth in Lux? He has remained the same little blob. Is it time for him to speak a few words as well?

This was a pretty sad finale. Jenelle is cooked. I wonder how long it will before she has to move back to Barb's. They likely won't be able to sell The Land.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 5/14/2019 at 8:41 AM, ghoulina said:

Weaned to what? She's definitely not old enough for solids or cow's milk yet. 

You can start formula at any age. But maybe breastfeeding is really important to Chelsea. Maybe she doesn't feel that the personal relief is worth it to stop nursing now. 

The mother’s mental health can adversely affect a baby.  Untreated anxiety and depression in a mother can escalate and the whole family is affected.  Breastfeeding doesn’t take priority over treating the mother because it’s not necessary.  

Too much emphasis has been placed on breastfeeding to the point that mothers feel guilty if they can’t.  I didn’t breastfeed my three because of medication and none of them have ever needed antibiotics, no ear infections, etc. It might be ideal but not at the expense of the mother’s health. 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, Lemons said:

The mother’s mental health can adversely affect a baby.  Untreated anxiety and depression in a mother can escalate and the whole family is affected.  Breastfeeding doesn’t take priority over treating the mother because it’s not necessary.  

Too much emphasis has been placed on breastfeeding to the point that mothers feel guilty if they can’t.  I didn’t breastfeed my three because of medication and none of them have ever needed antibiotics, no ear infections, etc. It might be ideal but not at the expense of the mother’s health. 

Yeah a lot of people do make others feel guilty for not breastfeeding. While I know there are many benefits to it, it seems to me that everyone grows up to be the same.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Lemons said:

Agree 100%. Layne is almost a year old, surely continuing to breastfeed to the detriment of Chelsea's mental health wouldn't be recommended by any Dr.

And as long as she's so emotional to the point of constantly disrupting both her father's and her husband's work day, clearly her health needs to take priority over further nursing.

• Love 15

Honestly, I wonder how much Chelsea's anxiety is genuinely crippling her life and how much of this is staged for the show. There's only so much they can shit-talk Adam before the audience says "enough!" and that ship appears to have sailed. 

Chelsea and Cole are making well over half a million dollars a year. They can hire nannies, they can hire housekeepers, they can hire therapists, they can throw the kids in daycare if they're too much to handle. Hell, she could have an armed guard sit in front of her house. This isn't an unsolvable problem, but they're making it seem that way, because drahhhh-mahhh.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yeah a lot of people do make others feel guilty for not breastfeeding. While I know there are many benefits to it, it seems to me that everyone grows up to be the same.

I agree! I support any mother who feeds their kid in any way, as long as they are fed. I want to try to breastfeed when I have kids, because I'm all for trying the "natural" thing first, but it doesn't work for everyone, for a variety of reasons. In the long run, kids have soooo many problems, and not once (as a teacher) have i thought, "wow, Timmy is out of control! He must have been formula fed!" If I were giving a baby up for adoption, and it could either be breastfed and raised by Jenelle, or formula fed and raised by Randy, it would be a no brainer!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Lemons said:

I agree with that. I just think that's up to the mother to decide. You can have mental health issues that don't require medication. This may be an acute issue, precipitated by the break-in. That's why I wish if she was uncomfortable with the idea of stopping nursing, she'd try just some therapy. I think she'd benefit from learning some tips and tools to help her calm down. 

1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

Agree 100%. Layne is almost a year old, surely continuing to breastfeed to the detriment of Chelsea's mental health wouldn't be recommended by any Dr.

And as long as she's so emotional to the point of constantly disrupting both her father's and her husband's work day, clearly her health needs to take priority over further nursing.

Is Lane nearly a year NOW? Because during filmimg she seemed much younger. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, politichick said:

I fucking loved it when they showed him prancing into the photo shoot, big smile on his face as he adjusted his collar. That boy has come a long, long way. I like the bond he's formed with Nova and how he talks to her like she's got a brain. I wish he could go to college or find a trade and build a good future. There's still time, though. It was also nice when Brittany told Nova her dad is awesome.

As covenly as the coven is, the mother and sister have been good about giving Devon his props. Here's to hoping he keeps it up.

Am I wrong to think we should have seen some growth in Lux? He has remained the same little blob. Is it time for him to speak a few words as well?

This was a pretty sad finale. Jenelle is cooked. I wonder how long it will before she has to move back to Barb's. They likely won't be able to sell The Land.

I agree about Lux...I am reluctant to comment on a child's developmental progress or lack thereof since children develop differently from one another BUT...I agree that for his age he doesn't seem to be forming any kind of speech and more or less communicates through grunts, crying or nothing at all. Kailyn is so tied up in her own stuff she doesn't seem to be too interested in what Lux should be doing at this age. I don't think I've ever even heard him say "Mama" or his brothers names. Weird.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Kailyn is so tied up in her own stuff she doesn't seem to be too interested in what Lux should be doing at this age. I don't think I've ever even heard him say "Mama" or his brothers names. Weird.

If she stares at her phone long enough Chris might text her, then she can drop everything and go jump on his dick.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 5/15/2019 at 11:36 AM, Dmarie019 said:

PLUS you aren't suppose to talk on the phone AT ALL while driving, not even using bluetooth 😉 (sorry I have to give that little plug because of where I work) 

You work at the morgue?

5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

If I were giving a baby up for adoption, and it could either be breastfed and raised by Jenelle, or formula fed and raised by Randy, it would be a no brainer!

I'd make the same decision, but only if Randy agreed to stay off Twitter. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I LOVE EVERY ONE OF Y'ALL.

I was debating HARD whether if I should watch this episode online or not, Y'all tell it how it is.

@druzy you NEVER disappoint. You ROCK!  You are awesome! We all love your work and digging on the snark. 

The descriptions and opinions of every ONE OF YOU is beautifully placed, and written. SOME OF YA'LL SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER WRITING A BOOK!

You are all the MVP's. ❤️

• Love 9
15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You work at the morgue?

haha no, I work for a non-profit safety organization that heavily preaches distracted driving. 

But where I live it's still legal to talk on your phone while driving (not using bluetooth) but you can't text or anything except use something like google maps. 

• Love 2