Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I still can't get over how all the kids just went out bowling. Tina was right in the end; there are no leagues. I actually think Jimmy Jr likes her, but he's kind of just dumb. 

Zeke cracks me up. He's totally that guy in college you run into at like every party. Always just having fun wherever he his. 

I also liked how the restaurant was crowded too for 'the lunch rush.' I don't know where those people are coming from, but that's good. 

The timing for guy over the loudspeaker announcing the bowling leagues after Tina's line was fantastic.

"What a tangled-assed web we weave" is now one of my favorite Zeke lines ever.

And yeah, I love how there's a lunch rush now. Even at the beginning there were people in the restaurant other than Teddy.

• Like 1

As soon as Tina told Daryl he might fall in love with her, I knew she'd be the one with a crush.

I loved the whole episode, especially Bob's striptease with no regrets and his excitement about not having to think of something to do for Valentine's day.

• Love 1

Why should Valentine's day be saddled on the guy to come up with something spontaneous, romantic, knock you off your feet? Both partners should be involved. I think Valentine's day is kind of dumb, but if you're going to do something, both should be involved.

I think Valentine's day is kind of dumb, but if you're going to do something, both should be involved.

I always thought that Valentine's Day should be celebrated the next day (or the next day after), because the candy is half-price! 

I didn't really need to see that extended shot of Bob's backside during his striptease, but the whole concept was funny ('Valentine's Day Advent Calendar', hee!)

• Love 1

I absolutely loved this episode, beginning to end. It was just a delight. The animation is so inventive, I love the shots that they get (however you do that with cartoons), I love the little things like when they shoot the characters from below, for example. I loved that when Gene and Louise threw their bowling balls, Gene's arms just went up into a V, it was so Gene.

• Love 2

I agree that the animation is so damn good. There are often just little things. For instance, when Tina sat on the couch, I love how Louise scooched over next to her.

Aziz Ansari is amazing. I think I've said that before.

His voice work is so great. He was my favorite part of this ep.

• Love 1

I just love this show. Every time I see it, I want to hug it, I love it so much. 

I think Zeek might be my favorite supporting character. He has so much damn enthusiasm! I love how they are using more of the kids at the elementary school, it just adds more variety to their giant cast of characters who are just always popping up.

I can understand Tina's pain. I, too, was in remedial math. It sucked. And I didn't get to sit by Jimmy Jr. I sat by the guy who liked to set fires.

I knew math was responsible! 

• Love 3

I loved this episode.  Of course Tina would fall in love with Daryl, especially after she molded him into her perfect boyfriend. 

The striptease part was hilarious, especially the use of AC/DC's "The Jack" as the stripper music. 

Gayle arrives at Bob's Burgers in tears because her date for the evening was cancelled and she had theater tickets. Desperate to get out of the house after being grounded, the kids compete to be Aunt Gayle's "date" for the evening via an essay contest.

What a great episode!  I loved Louise getting unhinged as a result of her hatred of Millie (who's quite the little psycho!).  And the whole thing being orchestrated by Henry was brilliant.  The writers do a great job of populating the show with all these weird, fascinating, secondary and tertiary characters.

I was very upset to see Bob's knife ruined, however.

• Love 2

It really was horrible seeing Bob's knife get destroyed. That hammer really IS the Meryl Streep of hammers. (Of course any hammer would have done that.)

Louise going absolutely crazy was terrific. Love how all her ideas backfired. "Why won't people just think what we want them to think!"

That Henry planned the whole thing is brilliant.

• Love 1

I love that Louise, while used as a pawn, was gracious enough to Henry in the end. And she wasn't a lose because really all she ever wanted was to expose Millie's psychosis. (And btw, how has Millie not gotten an automatic suspension for trying to choke out Abbie? Just being disqualified from the election is not even close to adequate punishment. My parents' friends grandkid figured out he could miss three days of school at a time if he just pushed someone. That went bad quickly.)

Did anyone catch the Burger of the Day(s)? I don't think we got a clear shot of either...

• Love 1

The reveal that Henry planned out the whole thing was awesome! And of course Louise could respect that.

The increasingly silly political ads were hilarious. And, as always, Zeke is awesome.

"It took you all day, to think of this?"

• Love 2

Did anyone catch the Burger of the Day(s)? I don't think we got a clear shot of either...

One of them had something to do with a knife ... but yes, you're correct we never got a clear view.

I'm too much of a baseball fan- I would love to have their next door neighbor be "You can't handle the Ruth" baseball card shop.

I loved Teddy singing Natalie Merchant at the end!

Why does Jimmy dance so much? What is he hiding?

I haven't been too excited about rewatching some others from this season, but this one requires it!

The increasingly silly political ads were hilarious.

I especially loved the attack ad against Jimmy Jr. 

"Does he have to go to the bathroom? Why doesn't he just stop dancing and go?"

There was just something brilliant about the tone of the voice Gene used in these ads. 

And who knew Regular Sized Rudy was the taste maker when it came to Wagstaff political races? His opinions set the trends in the race for President. Good for Rudy. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3

Neighbor: A Ton In The Oven Overweight Baby Clothes

Exterminator: Ants NOT in your pants

Burger of The Day: Curd-fect Strangers Burger (comes with cheese curds)

"Wait, men can be called Stacy? I LOVE AMERICA!"

Looks we got another Three Stories episode. And like the Frond Files, every story had the same antagonist, this time being Linda.

Lindette & Jo Gene: Of course Gene's story was about his music career. Of course all the songs are really good.

"My eyes! I need them for eye exams!"

Lady Chatterteeth's Lover: "So many fallen butts." That sums up Tina's story quite well. I loved that Tina first set Gayle up with Teddy, who didn't even know what a house was. I laughed so hard that Gayle and Vicar Scott Bakula quantum lept into the future with a wedding between them & Tina and Jimmy Jr.

Hey, we got another mention of Ken The Albino! BTW at the NYCC panel, the crew confirmed that we'll never actually see him. But good on Tina for putting him in her story.

"My petticoat is unspeakable!" Gene was the MVP of one-liners tonight.

"Your father and I are not cousins!"

"That we know of."

Gayle of Thrones: Of course this one was gonna be the best. Teddy as a gang of boring White Talkers was great, as was Bobdor.

"I will return with my dragons! And then I will breast feed all of you!"

Well, that was good. But I'm sad that it wasn't the real Scott Bakula. It was Dave Herman!

• Love 2

"You're going to need a lot of tissues and toilet paper since --"  I can't remember the rest of the line but I was laughing AND weirded out by it.  Which is to be expected since it came from Gene.

Since I'm not a Game of Thrones person, I'll go with Tina for having the best story.  Though the snake was the winner in Gene's.

• Love 1

I love how weird and full of life those Belcher children are. I enjoyed all the stories.

Well, that was good. But I'm sad that it wasn't the real Scott Bakula. It was Dave Herman!

I was disappointed too. I guess Scott Bakula is Gayle's crush, while Tom Selleck is Linda's. Can't argue with either of them.
  • Love 1

Bob becomes obsessed with his new automatic helicopter. When it falls apart for no reason, he enters into a battle with the manufacturer in order to receive a refund. Gene assists Bob in his quest, but things quickly get out of hand and end in a crazy helicopter battle. Meanwhile, Louise and Linda help Tina prepare for her oral book report.

"You're going to need a lot of tissues and toilet paper since --"  I can't remember the rest of the line but I was laughing AND weirded out by it.  Which is to be expected since it came from Gene.

I think he said "You're going to need a lot of tissues and toilet paper because there won't be a dry eye or butt in the house at the end!".

I liked Tina's the best. When Bob interrupted her you must knew she was going off on a tangent about the butt dancing. Scott Backula had an actual role too. In Louise's he just appeared out of nowhere.

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved Bob asking if Louise has ever seen Game of Thrones and she replied no...I couldn't tell if she had and was lying or she is just truly that imaginative, either way it was great. Cat-Dragons for the win!

I too was upset that Scott Bakula didn't voice himself. I'm going to imagine it was b/c they couldn't get in contact w/him and/or his manager just didn't return their phone calls asking for a voice cameo.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 2

+1 on Tina's being the best story.  From the butt dancing, Jimmy Jr. as the dashing gentleman, and Gayle's fanny pack, it was such a win.

I did love Linda being the villain in all the stories, especially her as the "loud, rude American who Bob was only marrying for money!"  

• Love 1

This was one of my favorite episodes ever. I think the stories went good, better, best, but admittedly I'm a GoT and animal/cat fan. Gene was from the House of the Unfarting. OH GOD, YES. I now want a cat-mount on which to fetch my cat-dragon; Linda's consistent booziness in each story was hilarious; and the White Talkers had my rolling ("...barbecue stain in my shorts......best place to park at the hardware store..."). However, my favorite line from the whole thing was Gene as the Austen sister with his "I want a wedding! I'll have cupcakes instead of a cake and because we're in the past that idea will still be good!" As someone who helped "assemble" a Krispy Kreme wedding "cake" for a friend about ten years ago, that killed me.

(Sorry for not knowing the exact quotes!)

• Love 3
I loved Bob asking if Louise has ever seen Game of Thrones and she replied no...I couldn't tell if she had and was lying or she is just truly that imaginative, either way it was great

I think she was lying, because it would be like Louise to deny watching it. (Although that must mean the Belchers have HBO.) Her story was too similar, but I agree, either way, it was great (Louise did seem to have an odd fascination with Gayle breast-feeding everyone). I liked that she didn't have a sword but a slapper (or whatever they called it). I think she incorporated the most of the secondary characters.

Tina's story was the best, for me, although her fascination with boys' butts borders on creepy. And she's not afraid to mix genres, so good for her.

Gene's was the most straightforward, but also fun. 

• Love 1

Loved seeing Boyz for Now as the band at the ball in Tina's story.

Boys for the Present Time, was it?

I think she was lying, because it would be like Louise to deny watching it.

I don't know, she did that whole Drive thing after only seeing the trailer.

(edited)

Liked Gene's story the best. Usually I don't enjoy funny songs because I rarely hear the words well enough. Yet here, the lyrics were audible, clever and well delivered. Tina's story was pretty good but I'm tiring of Tina's butt fetish. Tina's story was good too; but the best part was how everyone in the restaurant gasped when she uttered her story's name. 

Edited by maplebrew

I liked Tina's the best. When Bob interrupted her you must knew she was going off on a tangent about the butt dancing. Scott Backula had an actual role too. In Louise's he just appeared out of nowhere.

It's possible that was a late addition. Louise may not have included him until she heard Tina and Gene's story and then remembered Gayle's crush on him. That also explains Bobdor's abrupt and arbitrary exit at the same moment.

I think she was lying, because it would be like Louise to deny watching it. (Although that must mean the Belchers have HBO.) 

I think she was at some point forbidden from watching it, and watched it anyway, and the transparent lie was to avoid getting into trouble for that. Since Bob recognized the story elements, he must have seen it, which is another clue the Belchers have HBO. Everybody splurges on something.

Ah, that was great. I don't think I can pick a favorite story. 

In Gene's story, did the Louise character refer to Lindette as "the tall one with the big gams"? Or was it 'big yams?' I hope it was the first one because I just find that hilarious. I also love when Jo Gene heard Gayle sing and said, "Well pinch my loaf. That gal can sing!"

Then Gayle thinking Jo Gene was talking about bathroom pipes -- "Sorry, they're clogged. People keep putting tampons down them, even the sinks."

I love that stuff in Tina's story about Gayle being shy.

Tina: Could you please pass me the bread?

Gayle: Sorry, I can't. I'm too shy.

The butt dance -- heiny line-y? -- was pretty funny. Sometimes I get tired of Tina's butt fetish, but the dance was too silly to hate.

Very funny when Bob said to Gayle, "Your ankles are great."

And finally Louise's. All the GoT references were great. Louise must have watched the show. Loved the cat dragons, the breastfeeding stuff, the Land of Litterboxia (was that it?), the White Talkers, Bobdor.

Just lots of fun.

Oh, and going back to the beginning, it cracked me up when they saw Gayle coming, and Bob says, "Why don't we have a panic room?"

• Love 3

Yeah...I am gonna need some of those cat-dragons. Like, right now. Please and thank you! 

Great episode, cant even pick my favorite episode. I love how each one was so influenced by each kid, and how they made Linda the drunk bad guy in every single one! And Bob`s horror about being possibly paired up with Gail was hilarious.

Louise has so seen Game of Thrones.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Ah, that was great. I don't think I can pick a favorite story.

I love that stuff in Tina's story about Gayle being shy.

Tina: Could you please pass me the bread?

Gayle: Sorry, I can't. I'm too shy.

The butt dance -- heiny line-y? -- was pretty funny. Sometimes I get tired of Tina's butt fetish, but the dance was too silly to hate.

Very funny when Bob said to Gayle, "Your ankles are great."

"And her shins go on for inches."

Also, did anyone notice that Gayle had "pooping cough" in Tina's story? (At least that's what it sounded like.)

I think Tina captured Gayle's personality the best.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2