Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Usually right after a season ends I try and make a prediction for which episode will be submitted for the Emmys, but season 13 is an interesting one. The majority of episodes were meh to great, but there are more standouts than I realized. So I predict that one of the following will be the submission:

Show Mama From the Grave (Finding Lily's Grave)

The Plight Before Christmas (That song and Louise's poem!!!)

Oh Row You Didn't (Guy who was rowing around the world. I don't think it's the best, but it was a milestone episode, which might make a difference)

Radio No You Didn't (The Spy Radio story - I think this one could win, honestly)

Amelia (the season finale)

I also think These Boots are Made for Stalking will become a quiet classic.

• Like 3

I missed pretty much the whole season has Jimmy Pesto (the dad) been recast since the actor’s legal troubles or have they not shown him this season?  Also, can somebody remind me of the name of the character that films a commercial for Bob?

(edited)

Jimmy Pesto hasn't been in any episode for the past two seasons, the last one being season 11, episode 19 "Bridge Over Troubled Rudy".

Edited by Popples
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

We're back!

No intro, what a ripoff!

The backgrounds were really nice. Also loved the shot of the kids and the horse looking over the rocks. The horse was so angry! I loved the animation on Pepperoni so much. Also loved Louise's giant cowboy boots.

"The Merriffs? That's what I call them."

It was great seeing Marshmallow again.

• Like 3

I'm kind of surprised that no one brought up that Linda lives far away from her parents and actively tries to avoid seeing them and Gayle is...Gayle. I don't think Grandma Gloria is in any position to give parenting advice.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

As much as I think Bob and Linda need to put their foot down way more, the kids counterargument that they're working in the restaurant for free and now they're being asked to do more work isn't unreasonable. 

Maybe if Linda couched it as they all were getting on a schedule for chores, including her and Bob, she might have sold it better. 

I will await with bated breath the spinoff - Regular Size Rudy: Western Lawyer. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

As much as I think Bob and Linda need to put their foot down way more, the kids counterargument that they're working in the restaurant for free and now they're being asked to do more work isn't unreasonable. 

Maybe if Linda couched it as they all were getting on a schedule for chores, including her and Bob, she might have sold it better. 

I will await with bated breath the spinoff - Regular Size Rudy: Western Lawyer. 

My husband actually said this!

Glad that the show is back, but very disappointed at the lack of intro. This was a fun one, I hope that this isn't the last we see of Pepperoni, everyone's favorite buff horse. The animation for the old west town was fun, I loved the imagine of the kids and Pepperoni hiding behind a rock and Louis's giant cowboy boots. 

I don't know why, but I laughed every time they said "married sheriffs". Or merrifs, as I call them.

The kids made a good point that they work in the restaurant already, plus I'm going to go ahead and say that Linda's mom might not be the worlds greatest parent. Linda avoids as mom as much as she can and Gayle...is self explanatory. 

"She also had us light grandpas cigar. With our mouths. Maybe she wasn't mom of the year."

• Like 1

Neighbor: I Want You To Want Tea

Exterminator: Do The Mite Thing

Rudy episode! Man, I really love the feeling of scale with him as the focus. The voices of the adults and the background music were muted. I knew it was gonna make me cry, and it did. I wanna give that boy a hug. I had a magic phase when I was young, too. Even did the "solidifying water" trick. I don't think it worked for me, either.

The Louise/Rudy shippers got some good food tonight, I'll tell you that.

Loved the names of the stores in the mall: Better Off Head, Let's Give Em Something To Tchotchke About, and the magic store Wands Wands Wands. I would kill for Esmerelda despite only knowing her for two minutes.

"Well, maybe Santa's from the streets." Line of the night.

• Like 11

Are we having a RUDY episode?!!!! Teeny Houdini!

Louise was happy to see Rudy at the mall too and invited him to dinner! They're going to be thick as thieves in junior high.

Poor Rudy. The whole contrast with the Belchers at the mall and then the dinner was so sad. 

If Bob had only 8 bucks on him, I don't think the kids are getting an allowance. 

I don't ship Louise and Rudy because Rudy sees them as family. Those two are going to be notorious. Louise ends up with Zeke anyway.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

What a sweet, sad ep. 

I always love when we see something from one characters perspective and then the angle changes and we see that character in the background watching the action. In this case we see Rudy seeing the Belchers, and then we see Rudy watching them. Later Linda and Bob are watching Rudy and Louise from the window, and then we see L & B from down at the sidewalk. I suppose that all sounds unimpressive, but I like it. The car wash was pretty cool, too, with the multicolored soaps running down the windshield.

• Like 9

When Bob and Linda are looking out the window at Rudy and Louise walking away, you see Louise do a little punch in the arm to Rudy, like she was getting him motivated for the dinner. 

I also liked that the show didn't really hit us over the head. Bob and Linda knew something was up at dinner, but didn't push. They just said "hey, let's just call your parents."

They didn't say anything when Louise decided she was going to join Rudy for dinner. 

I'd like to know how Linda was able to get brass knuckles for a kid *and* without Bob knowing. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

When Bob and Linda are looking out the window at Rudy and Louise walking away, you see Louise do a little punch in the arm to Rudy, like she was getting him motivated for the dinner. 

I also liked that the show didn't really hit us over the head. Bob and Linda knew something was up at dinner, but didn't push. They just said "hey, let's just call your parents."

They didn't say anything when Louise decided she was going to join Rudy for dinner. 

I'd like to know how Linda was able to get brass knuckles for a kid *and* without Bob knowing. 

Louise certainly showed a lot of emotional intelligence here, which I guess can be weaponized. Brass knuckles are illegal, though.

this was a sweet episode, and it was good to see the Belchers from Rudy's perspective.

• Like 6

You know, baked potato lasagna doesn't actually sound that bad, if it were made with baked potatoes/cheese/sour cream/chives etc. and left off the cornbread crust and red sauce.  Okay, maybe that's scalloped potatoes.

• Like 3

It had meat and noodles in it too. It's just overload. 

Making more like a pot pie with a crust and potatoes, etc., inside wouldn't be too bad. Though I guess that's a casserole? 

Maybe just the lasagne pasta and potatoes instead of a crust. Sort of a super-gnocchi.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

You know, baked potato lasagna doesn't actually sound that bad, if it were made with baked potatoes/cheese/sour cream/chives etc. and left off the cornbread crust and red sauce.  Okay, maybe that's scalloped potatoes.

Yes, the cornbread crust was very odd. Potatoes sometimes go good with ketchup, so maybe the sauce would work.

Today I learned the Belchers were originally going to be cannibals and serve their customers human meat ala Sweeney Todd. Safe to say, I would not have watched this show if that was the case…

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Today I learned the Belchers were originally going to be cannibals and serve their customers human meat ala Sweeney Todd. Safe to say, I would not have watched this show if that was the case…

Oh I would have watched it and I love the Addams family. But it is hard to see how they could have maintained the cannibalism jokes. 

That was such a sweet, sad episode. I loved seeing more of Rudy's life and seeing the Belchers from his perspective, the whole episode had a very melancholy bittersweet feeling to it. Then you have Louise being a great friend and realizing that he need someone to be there for him back at the restaurant and Bob and Linda being quite on it realizing that something was up with Rudy and calling his parents right away. Louise's friendship with Rudy is so sweet and I loved having a Rudy centric episode. 

Gene's dinner didn't sound half bad, at least by Gene standards. Clearly way too much food, but if he scaled back a bit it might be alright. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 4