Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I can easily see Jocelyn doing alright in school, she can probably coast in classes that are not very hard at a school that has been established is not very good. Oh Tina, the FOMO is very real, especially when your in a teenager. I love that Louise got a pass to go and see how Tina was doing and that Tina's project still ended up going well. And that Tami got a big old karma bugger. 

Interesting that Bobs used to be a donut shop, have they ever said how long Bob has owned the restaurant? I always love learning about the history of places I live or spend a lot of time at, I was absolutely thrilled when I found out that my house used to be a general store about a hundred years ago when I was a kid.

"That's the most work anyone has ever done at this school."

• Love 1
On 11/28/2021 at 9:08 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

One time, my friend down the street just had some old guy show up and knock on the door who used to rent the house when he was there for college a long time ago. So they let him in and hung out for a while.

Yeah that doesn't really sound safe.

Neighbor: It's a Wonderful Knife 

Knife Store

Exterminator: You Better Not Mouse, You Better Not Flies

Burger(s) of The Day: Challah and The Chive-y Burger, You Cheddar Watch Out, You Cheddar Not Rye Burger, Jingle Bell Peppers Rock Burger, It Came Upon A Midnight Gruyere Burger 

Gotta love weird, Christmas albums, and getting sick of said weird, Christmas album. I was missing "Jingle in The Jungle," but "Percy McTinsel-Bud's Tinsel Machine" was so perfectly weird and cheesy. It was totally Gene to sleep with the album...which he rolled on his his sleep and broke it. And of course the album is rare. At least Gene acknowledged the family was doing a nice thing to try to record the album themselves my memory (thanks to a little help from Percy himself.

"Also, Santa doesn't allow grooving in his shop, HE'S ALL BUSINESS!!" I liked Louise in this episode. Also, she's got the loft bed!

Mort getting Teddy a plaque for his favorite stool was really sweet and wholesome. No one knowing what to get Mort and Teddy for Secret Santa was a nod to how little screentime they get, right?

• Love 6

I just can't with annoying Gene. I mean, just tell him to turn the music off. Then the constant whining. 

Was Jerry (Ron Funches) from the Great North the record store owner? I liked the Oil Spill tour poster. 

Tina with the Tea Time call. Good joke!

That album cover wow. High. 

I always like when Louise calls Bob 'Father'.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I just can't with annoying Gene. I mean, just tell him to turn the music off. Then the constant whining. 

And Linda keeps enabling him.

I did love Bob wanting Gene to be put down than to have him continue moping.

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Was Jerry (Ron Funches) from the Great North the record store owner? I liked the Oil Spill tour poster. 

That was indeed him.

• LOL 4

For Louise trying to get out of work, or trying to make a quick buck at work (Valentine's day), or burning things, she's probably the most family oriented out of the kids. 

None of them had any responsibility to Gene; he broke the record himself. No one was trying to hide it, or take it away from him. She came up with idea and the plan to get him out of the house. 

• Love 9
On 12/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, emma675 said:

Without going into politics, the actor who voices Jimmy Pesto was involved in certain events in Washington DC this past January. 

21 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

It was speculation until that news broke and confirmed it.

Thank you. I did not know that.

• Love 1

Mort getting Teddy the plaque was so sweet, even if Teddy was pretty heavily annoying in most of the episode. If he wants to get a gift for Bob and Linda, just get them something, it wouldn't be weird. 

I do enjoy some weird extremely niche Christmas songs, Percy McTinsel-Bud's Tinsel Machine sounds like exactly the kind of 70s cheese I would love, like the Star Wars holiday special, but an album. Gene was a huge brat through the episode, Linda shouldn't enable him when he pulls stuff like playing his music all night, and Bob should put his foot down. At least he finally thanked his family for their thoughtful gift instead of just whining more about the record that he broke himself. 

Tina and her wrapping was cute. The wrapping struggle is very real.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
On 12/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Bob really doesn't put his foot down. 

I think Bob is so beaten down by life that he doesn't have the energy or see the point. 

Gene is always better in small doses. He can be annoying when he's the main storyline. I've noticed more Gene-centric and Teddy-centric episodes this season. Do they think thst they've already told all the storylines with the other characters? I tend to like the Louise and Tina episodes better.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 5
On 12/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

That album cover wow. High. 

Until I read Galileo908's post that mentioned Percy McTinsel-Bud's Tinsel Machine, I thought it was McTinsel-butt. 'Bud' makes much more sense.

And yes to being annoyed by Bob and Linda not putting their foot (feet?) down regarding Gene playing that music constantly. If it were me, I'd hide the record player (or record) and only let Gene have it for 1 hour or whatever once a day. (Wow. That sounds mean.)

I got a chuckle out of Bob wondering about getting Mike a pillow that looks like a wooden log. During this Christmas season I saw that pillow in a catalog.

I also loved how Bob seriously considered giving Mike the box of "good" tissues that Tina was practicing wrapping on.

Bob: None of us sings.
Linda [singing]: I beg your PARRRR-dennnnnnnn!

Linda: What a Chris-mess.

Percy McTinsel-Bud: Lots of covers are cool. Songs AND blankets.

I'm glad that everyone likes their Secret Santa gift. Each gift was perfect for the recipient.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2021 at 11:46 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Bob really doesn't put his foot down. 

Bob and Linda both indulge Gene’s brattiness, which is something I feel that real working class parents with kids involved in their business just wouldn’t — couldn’t — do. We see Gene acting out to/in front of customers all the time, for example. In real life no way would they allow that (or if they did they wouldn’t be in business long).

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I think Bob is so beaten down by life that he doesn't have the energy or see the point. 

Gene is always better in small doses. He can be annoying when he's the main storyline. I've noticed more Gene-centric and Teddy-centric episodes this season. Do they think thst they've already told all the storylines with the other characters? I tend to like the Louise and Tina episodes better.

Gene and Teddy are two of the characters I like the least, but for some reason, the writers are enamored of them.

17 hours ago, Wilbur Whateley said:

Bob and Linda both indulge Gene’s brattiness, which is something I feel that real working class parents with kids involved in their business just wouldn’t — couldn’t — do. We see Gene acting out to/in front of customers all the time, for example. In real life no way would they allow that (or if they did they wouldn’t be in business long).

To be fair, Bob's business is barely holding on. In the real world, Bob's Burgers would have closed years ago.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, Aryanna said:

Too many Teddy episodes this season. Teddy's the worst. Also I can't believe it would take him 2 weeks to grow a mustache. He looks like he has a 5 o'clock shadow at 9am.

I just watched the Teddy mustache episode. He is just the worst. Why do the writers think emotional abuse/blackmail is funny? What he does to Bob and Linda in the name of "friendship" is painful to watch. I so want Bob to beat the shit out of him.

• Love 2

Yeah, I wouldn't line my birdcage with my student evaluations. I'm surprised LaBontz would even care, but I suppose the parking spot was a big draw. 

I have to laugh a little because with such an egregious evaluation, no one would have taken it seriously anyway. 

You call us 'this one' and 'that one'.

• Love 5

Neighbor: Remembrance of Dings Past

Furniture Repair

Exterminator: Gone Silverfishin'

Burger(s) of The Day: Throw Cardamom-ma From The Train Burger

Oh I remember Evaluation Day at school, it's the day teachers become super nice because it's the one day they're being watched. But man, the one teacher with the highest score gets the choice parking spot?! Frond was just asking for trouble. The school has terrible teachers, and you've always wanted to exert any leverage over them you could, but they're still human. In the teachers' defense, the school is full of terrible students. Or not worse students. Did we...actually get development from Ms. Labonz? Yet again Louise is taught empathy, but it's a lesson she needed this time.

"God, we're poor." The whole will plotline was morbid, but since I have old parents and lots of dead relatives, very relatable. Also, death is expensive. I knew my dad wants to be cremated since I was about seven years old. Of course Teddy expects Bob and Linda to leave him something, and leaving him all the leftover food is fitting for him.

“Now you be Lady Gaga and I’ll be mom. It’s a conversation that I’ve always wondered about.” Now I do too, Gene.

“Sometimes you call us The Shining and I don’t get the reference.” Oh man I missed Andy & Ollie. And Rudy was in this! And Fischoeder! And he gets a song! And Kevin Kline wrote it, explains why it was so good.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 9

I honestly expected them to see the price list on options and Bob would immediately capitulate to cremation, burial is so insanely expensive (and in my religion, extremely necessary. It cost 17k altogether to bury my Grandmother last summer. We had to use her savings.) Also, if Bob wants them to be together, maybe keep their ashes together in an urn? I know Linda wants to be scattered but that seems like a good compromise.

The fact that they didn't talk about who gets the kids was somewhat alarming to me. I've done work for a lawyer before and she once told me the stupidest thing people do is fail to make post-death contingency plans for their kids and assets in general. (This, btw, is the whole plot impetus of A Little Princess. Sara's father was an immortal-feeling young stupid guy who didn't even think to tell people where he'd sent his own daughter to boarding school. They were searching for her in Russia ffs because they had to guess so hard.) It does bring up a somewhat scary question about who would automatically get the kids. I mean Linda's parents are a couple and that counts in their favor, but that would mean relocating the kids to Florida and courts do not like disrupting childrens' lives like that. Which means they could end up with Gayle, which is terrifying. Big Bob is probably the best choice? Lives in the same town (or nearby), steadily employed, on good terms with the kids. A huge legal battle could be avoided by them just leaving the kids to Teddy (which, I know, but he is mostly reliable and adores those kids) with a stipulation that their relatives be allowed access to them.

(I think about this a lot because I'm in University right now, later in life than I should be. I absolutely hate it and one of the only things keeping me going is the promise of guardianship of my nephews upon my becoming gainfully employed. If God forbid the worst happen I do not want to have to fight their uncle on the other side of the family, for them. He looks better on paper but does not know or love those children anywhere near like I do.)

I didn't realize teacher evaluations below college level existed. I mostly think of them as an annoyance, although I have told at least two TAs that they were unreasonable in their expectations. I appreciated that fear wasn't the motivator of the teachers on the show but greed for that parking space. And also that it meant nothing because the principle heard Louise and made the choice himself to give LaBonz her parking space. I was a little surprised that Louise was so resentful of her, she seems like the type of give-no-shits, bask-in-your-own-awesomeness  kind of lady Louise would aspire to be. I do love the glimpse into Louise actually being very bright, and how LaBonz figured out pissing her off got her to do her work out of spite.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, PinkRibbons said:

I mean Linda's parents are a couple and that counts in their favor, but that would mean relocating the kids to Florida and courts do not like disrupting childrens' lives like that.

Plus that whole, senior citizen kinky swingers ring might not be the best for them either. 

There's no way they would go to Gayle. The court would take one look at her and nope. 

Teddy actually has some upside because they could still be in the same school, town, and he does get on with them well, but I don't know how full time. They're a handful. 

• Love 8

There doesn't appear to be a limit on "shit". For some reason, I kind of want Linda to get at least one "shit".

I never watched "The Simpson's Movie", so I don't know what words they used in that one, but I would think this movie would probably have similar language to that film. Like I could see Bart saying "shit" in the movie, but by the time it came out, I had long stopped caring about The Simpson's.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

It HAS to be Rudy if they say fuck once. 

#letrudysayfuck 

Mr. Frond had to know that this would be a debacle, of course the teachers start kissing the kids butt's so they can get that sweet parking spot and the kids take advantage of their new power to do whatever they want. Wow, Ms. Labonz actually showed some depth and taught Louise something about empathy? Plus we got Ollie and Andy, Rudy, Mr. Fischoeder, really the majority of the main kid cast was around, it was great. 

"At least we didn't use more napkins." Bob and Linda's plot was morbid but really funny. This was a really good episode, 

• Love 4

Yet another plot where Louise is a sociopath but then learns the true meaning of Christmas and becomes a good person (at least until the next time). How many times are they going to write the same story? It's like Jessica from "Fresh Off the Boat," who would treat people awfully, learn her lesson, and then go straight back to the same behavior in the next episode.

And yet another episode where Teddy is emotionally abusive to Bob and Linda. His behavior was never funny, but now it's just excruciating to watch.

Did Mort have a different voice this time? It sounded different, and I usually don't notice these things.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Popples said:

I hate that they waited until the commercial break in between the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I hate that Disney owns everything now. They're the Apple of the entertainment industry. They see someone with a good idea and buy them out.

• Love 4

The trailer didn't wow me. I think it's going to be a disappointment like The Simpsons movie. I think most TV shows don't make good transitions to movies; they're just overlong episodes. Star Trek did (more or less), but the X-Files movies didn't. 

• Love 3
On 1/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, SmithW6079 said:

The trailer didn't wow me. I think it's going to be a disappointment like The Simpsons movie. I think most TV shows don't make good transitions to movies; they're just overlong episodes. Star Trek did (more or less), but the X-Files movies didn't. 

Not to mention that in the case of long running shows like Simpsons and Bobs, potential movie plots would've been done in episodes already.

While I'm looking forward to the movie, the plot seems like The Deepening, only without the mechanical shark.

• Love 1