Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"I was more turned around then when Aunt Gail got caught in her curtains." 

What a weird hilarious episode, and having it all narrated by noir hall monitor Tina just made it better. I have been wanting a big school plot for awhile now and this one did not disappoint. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it was Gene that told Mr. Frond, he WAS playing the feme fatale...well feme fatale hand. 

Louise was made to rock a top hat. Also, don't make it weird Millie. 

Oh Teddy, your making progress but your decision making abilities still need work. Take her to get burgers before the movie.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

What a weird hilarious episode, and having it all narrated by noir hall monitor Tina just made it better. I have been wanting a big school plot for awhile now and this one did not disappoint. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it was Gene that told Mr. Frond, he WAS playing the feme fatale...well feme fatale hand. 

Louise was made to rock a top hat. Also, don't make it weird Millie. 

I should've seen it coming. Gene's hand was wearing red, after all.

And yeah, Louise really rocked that top hat. I like seeing characters in hats, especially different ones than they normally wear.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I have to appreciate that the whole premise only works if you live in a universe where people only have four fingers. 

Also didn't think about how Millie was able to flip off Mr. Frond with only four fingers.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't know why Teddy couldn't just take Kathleen to the restaurant before the movie. 

Oh just have Kathleen put the burgers in her purse. I've literally never had any movie theatre asked to see what was in my purse. Even if Kathleen doesn't normally carry a purse, she could get away with it more easily than Teddy. I mean, he was just walking in there with burgers in a paper bag. You gotta me a LITTLE more subtle than that 😂

• Love 3

Neighbor: Where The Filed Things Are

Filing Cabinets

Exterminator: If You Don't Have Anything Mice to Say, Don't Slay It At All

Burger(s) of The Day: The Mo, Larry, and Curry Burger

I love that Teddy still thinks Bob's name is Bob Burger. I'm not surprised he's gotten into accidents. But 21? In five different states? Also not surprised. But accidents, even minor ones, are incredibly stressful and no one wants to admit fault, and four cars makes it even more complicated.

So it was all Andy & Ollie's fault, the melon for their scarecrow rolled into the road, causing the accident. And the clown got blamed. Shame, I liked her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

I love that Teddy still thinks Bob's name is Bob Burger.

I'm watching "Roller? I Hardly Know Her" on FXX and it shows up here, too. Alex calls Bob "Mr. Burger" Teddy says Bob answers to both [Burger and Belcher].

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Teddy actually gave some good advice about accidents. Just wait for the cops to get there, traffic accidents are super stressful and you need an objective opinion. The most shocking thing about Teddy getting into 21 different accidents in five different states is that Teddy has been to five different sates. 

Gene's many songs for various sounds were all funny. "I am a son, I am a son..."

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, revbfc said:

I finally saw “Finger-loose,” and I’m impressed at how they did an entire episode about masturbation being ok, and it went under most everyone’s radar.

9 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The finger dancing is an actual thing though. 

I saw it as a drag show.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The finger dancing is an actual thing though. 

Your first clue is what Tina is doing at the beginning of the episode: removing graffiti from a locker.  What word?  Well the first three letters are “P,” “E,” & “N.”

Tina is literally in the middle of rubbing off “Penis.”

Edited by revbfc
  • Useful 1
On 4/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, revbfc said:

I finally saw “Finger-loose,” and I’m impressed at how they did an entire episode about masturbation being ok, and it went under most everyone’s radar.

I'm not sure what kinda school you went to but I've never heard of one where kids masturbated in front of each other. The masturbation correlation falls apart for me when the kids are getting on stage and doing it and cheering each other on.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm not sure what kinda school you went to but I've never heard of one where kids masturbated in front of each other. The masturbation correlation falls apart for me when the kids are getting on stage and doing it and cheering each other on.

You’re making it too 1:1.  If you don’t understand subtext, I don’t know how to help you.  

• LOL 1
On 4/23/2021 at 3:32 AM, revbfc said:

You’re making it too 1:1.  If you don’t understand subtext, I don’t know how to help you.  

I assume I am hopelessly naive but I have no idea where all this is coming from. If anyone is so kind as to enlighten me, may I request that you pretend like you’re talking to your mother. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2021 at 2:32 AM, revbfc said:

I'm making it too 1:1?

Either it's an allegory or it's not. It can't just be an allegory in the parts that fit your viewpoint but have some hidden subtext that only you see when it doesn't fit. Animal Farm was an allegory of the communist takeover of Russia from beginning to end, not just in some certain parts. If you don't understand how allegories work, I don't know how to help you.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 4
On 4/20/2021 at 5:08 AM, revbfc said:

Your first clue is what Tina is doing at the beginning of the episode: removing graffiti from a locker.  What word?  Well the first three letters are “P,” “E,” & “N.”

Tina is literally in the middle of rubbing off “Penis.”

She was literally cleaning graffiti off a locker.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 4

Neighbor: Potty like its 1999 hight flow toilets

Exterminator: We're Gnat Gonna Take It

Burger(s) of The Day: Should I Sautee or Should I Mango Burger; Do The Cremini, Do The Thyme Burger

Rudy AND Mort focused plots tonight?! What madness is this?! I like that meditation worked on Bob (although all the intrusive thoughts were relatable as all hell), but made Linda fall asleep. And of course Jimmy can turn meditation into a contest, and at least Bob won!

For once Gene was the voice of reason when it comes to Louise's shenanigans. An old erector set that explodes? Yeah, that's just asking for trouble.

Loved seeing Mort as Falkor.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

An old erector set that explodes? Yeah, that's just asking for trouble.

Rudy needs to make sure he keeps those hats around. He's going to be cool - uncool-cool in junior high. 

Call back to Ken! 

I like that Rudy and Louise ride bikes together. And Teddy and Linda totally text. 

To be fair, Rudy wanted the bridge to show up at his mom's house by magic, and that happened. 

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Rudy needs to make sure he keeps those hats around. He's going to be cool - uncool-cool in junior high. 

Honestly I liked the fedora better, but he really rocked that newsboy hat. I can totally see Rudy becoming Hat Guy in his later school years.

And it was totally Rudy for the actual blast to be so unimpressive (but not to Rudy!)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

Louise is always going to be dragging Rudy to high school parties, but Rudy is going to be conning the bouncers to get them into bars when they're 19. By then, he'll know what hat to wear so he'll look older. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

so now we've gotten Regular Size Rudy, what about Pocket Size Rudy? Is he just so short that he's below the sight line of other characters? 

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think that's the joke because we've never seen him. 

We did see his arm in the episode where they go to the museum. Louise is paired with Rudy and is relieved when it's Regular-Size Rudy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

No, that's what I meant. We haven't seen him-seen him just an arm and I thought the top of his head. 

I couldn't find a clip, but we see Pocket-Sized Rudy's head in "The Secret Ceramics Room of Secrets" when they need to switch lockers to drill into the wall.

• Love 2

"As I once said about eco friendly cardboard caskets, I'm not sure how this will work, but I'm game to try." 

Aww Louise actually apologized to Rudy, and I love that they ride bikes together. I feel like one day Louise is going to convince Rudy to take his dads car for a joyride in high school but Rudy will be the one who talks the cops out of calling their parents. 

Rudy is finding his true calling as a Hat Guy. He was really rocking that newsboy cap. It just feels right on him. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I feel like one day Louise is going to convince Rudy to take his dads car for a joyride in high school but Rudy will be the one who talks the cops out of calling their parents. 

MAKE THIS HAPPEN. 

We haven't seen Rudy's mom yet either iirc. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Aww Louise actually apologized to Rudy, and I love that they ride bikes together. I feel like one day Louise is going to convince Rudy to take his dads car for a joyride in high school but Rudy will be the one who talks the cops out of calling their parents. 

Was this the first time Rudy swore? That "WHAT THE HELL" came out of nowhere, but it was as hilarious as it was justified.

• Love 5
(edited)

Neighbor: Ain't That a Sham

Decorative Pillow Cases

Exterminator: Termitey Aphrodite

Burger(s) of The Day: Parma-Jean Claude Van Hamburger

Well Tina, the fox scientist is certainly a step up from the recording. 

Dr. Yap is back! And he cares a LITTLE too much about stolen magazines. And about his PorscheMazda. And Bob trying to smear away bird poop...these were certainly plots that can suggest they're running out of ideas. Cleaning poop is one of those things that Teddy is (sorta) good at.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Cleaning poop is one of those things that Teddy is (sorta) good at.

Bob isn't dumb, so I have to call some bs on him not going with Teddy's advice. He didn't even take that long. 

I do like when there's a plot of kids v adults, and Yap being ticked about the magazine and threatening the kids over bedtime. 

Rabbits should be at the ear doctor or the fertility clinic OKAAAY

TALKING LOUD IS FUN

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 5

Yap returns again, and is really invested in his magazines and their possible theft. Its been awhile since we had the kids trying to get one over on the adults so that was a fun plot. 

I love the image of Bob and Linda dragging the kids to their rooms on rugs after they all pass out. 

Teddy is on a hot streak of giving solid advice. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Neighbor: A Pimple Plan

acne superstore

Exterminator: Ticks Evasion

Burger(s) of The Day: The You Can Lead A Horseradish to Watercress Burger, The Brewster's Scallions Burger, You Call Mango Burger. There were a few I couldn't catch this time.

I almost thought that Mr. Fischoeder was the trash shoe thief, but it turned out to be Cynthia The Karen. Makes more sense, really. 

I liked Bob getting obsessed with the cucumber guy on NextDoor. Yeah, it's mostly trash, but then you find the one cool poster you get really invested in, and getting crushed when they disappear. I love how obsessed people are with moving boxes. I love that this all ended with Bob getting to visit the cucumber.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4
(edited)

I liked the low key FU to nextdoor. I only post for escaped dogs. 

Cynthia wasn't wrong though. I mean, you're talking Pretzel Kingdom. 

I do like how Lin always just conks out. 

Look, I like the restaurant, but there's no way there is wifi. 

I liked the guy who was psyched about the permanent yield sign. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Look, I like the restaurant, but there's no way there is wifi. 

They probably steal it from either Jimmy, or I'd like to assume the empty tenant next door never shut off their wifi.

21 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I do like how Lin always just conks out. 

I loved that so much.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

You Call Mango Burger.

I hate to admit it, but I don't get this one.

I thought the shoes on the trash can were pretty cute, though I would want some that looked less, uh, trashy. I think it's a nice idea to have trash cans and other public utilitarian things decorated. I always admire the electrical boxes around the area that are painted by local artists.

I am so envious of Linda falling asleep within a second of her head hitting the pillow. Like Bob said, that's so impressive.

• Love 1

Not to overdo it, but I think it's fair Cynthia said she was concerned about lowering the value of the property due to the trash can.

We do have public art around here, but I would imagine that each artist would have to apply for a permit. I also would assume there would be a list of materials that could and not be used too. They didn't really cover that. The council could have voted to move the can too. 

I mean. We are talking about a pretzel shop. That's a big deal. 

I deeply envy Linda's ability to fall asleep that quickly. 

I should have known right away that it was Cynthia. Torn between my love of kitsch street art and my love of pretzels. Its a whole Pretzel Kingdom...

I love how caught up Bob got in that guys cucumber, and that he got to see that cucumber in question in person. And that he invited Teddy to come. And that all of the people with their tomato moving boxes walking in the background during the song. 

• Love 6