Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was hilarious, I love Linda's parents. They use them just the right amount. Someone on the writing staff must have dealt with elderly relatives at a big airport, it was just so real. Especially following people off the plane onto a random bus and ending up all the way on the other side of the airport from where they are supposed to be. 

Glad that Bob told Linda how he felt about her parents and how they don't appreciate her, and that the kids got their wings and Teddy got his snow globe. 

• Love 5

I hated it. It was too real. And too inconsiderate. And too "ack possibly missing a flight" stress inducing. All I kept thinking was if her parents are like this, they're really not capable of air travel involving layovers on their own. Too much cringe for me.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Did they ever explain why Gayle lives close by to Linda? Or did they grow up there and the parents retire to Florida? 

I also liked how they kept the location out of it by calling it the Layover Airport. 

Judging by where they live (somewhere in Jersey), the latter seems to be the likely answer. Parents in the Northeast retire to Florida when they get old.

• Love 4

Speaking of Gayle, Renee Taylor's voice is so similar to hers that I double checked to see if they didn't just switch to Megan Mullally voicing both daughter and mother. A+ casting on those two, and practically from day one!

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I thought they lived in Delaware? 

In "It Snakes A Village" (S03E18), when the family drives to Florida, they show a map and the starting off point is somewhere in New Jersey.

I found it!

1682fa72c468d8bc62578846b309b882.png

Edited by Popples
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Neighbor: A Hose By Any Other Name - garden supplies

Exterminator: The Old Man and The Flea

Burger(s) of The Day: The Rye of The Storm Burger, Asiago For Broke Burger

I always love meta jokes when characters are aware of parodies that exist in the same world as the actual thing. The Ham and Egger is a totally different movie than Rocky. Love that Tina and Louise got so into it, even fake boxing training. I liked their plot more than Linda and Gene's. It's nice to see Linda and Gene have another plot, but wow, it's Gene's turn to be the stupidly obsessive one.

I love that Linda says "stay out of my room" whenever she leaves.

• Love 4

I'm not getting that Linda is an actual businesswoman because she just stands there most is the time, but I get that she should have her own thing. I liked that Bob put his foot down two weeks in a row with Linda and told her to go to the meeting. 

Gene was out of control though. He's too old to be that much of a brat. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm not getting that Linda is an actual businesswoman because she just stands there most is the time, but I get that she should have her own thing. I liked that Bob put his foot down two weeks in a row with Linda and told her to go to the meeting.

I'm confused.  Why did they just throw out there that Linda makes her own face mask, and that all the women thought it smelled great?  That seemed like it was intended to set that up as her own business but it went nowhere.  What was the point?

"I have goose bumps, does anyone else?"                                                                                                                                                                         "I have shingles, does that count?"

• Love 4
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

I'm confused.  Why did they just throw out there that Linda makes her own face mask, and that all the women thought it smelled great?  That seemed like it was intended to set that up as her own business but it went nowhere.  What was the point?

I thought it would lead to the other women in the group wanting to start wearing the face masks while they were at the meetings and turn them into pampering sessions. It could have helped loosen the tensions because they all still seemed a bit awkward with each other. Except Edith.

• Love 1

I meant Linda was thinking of herself as a business woman because she called herself a restauranteur, and she's really not. 

How great was it that the invitation for the meeting was sent in the mail?

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1

There's no way Linda doesn't co-own Bob's Burgers, so I'd say she's definitely a business owner. Bob's the creative force, she's the one who keeps the day-to-day runnings of the restaurant going. Bob can't even remember to get his oil checked, remember? And Linda manages their finances in a bizarrely genius way that keeps them afloat. She's silly (the whole family is), but she's not incompetent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

I don't think they said she made it herself. They purchased the spa supplies.

Linda's business song was pretty catchy, you know Linda would love any group that lets her wear a nametag and sit in a circle. I am glad that Bob encouraged Linda to go to the group, he has really been taking more of a stand lately, like with Linda's parents last time, its nice to see. Yeah Gene, it does sound like it sounds, its not great. Like Bob said, Linda should be able to have a life beyond being a parent, she doesn't only exist for Gene. 

I actually liked the B plot better than the A plot, Bob insisting that the Rocky rip off was terrible while Tina and Louise were getting into it was funny, as were their attempts at boxing. "The only punch I can handle is Hawaiian, and not even that sometimes." 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

When did they show Linda running the restaurant? 

In "Lindapendant Woman" they show how the restaurant falls apart without Linda there to keep the money in order. She also seems to take all the orders and serve the food while the kids are in school.

• Love 13

Gene's rapidly moving up to Teddy status for me as a character I can't stand. I think they're Flanderizing him, to his detriment. He was always kind of quirky (like all the Belcher children), but now he's reduced to just one or two of his most annoying traits: eating gross stuff and his obsession with Linda. I was disgusted by the two episodes that had him eating a tater tot off the bathroom floor and getting worms and then eating visibly moldy chicken parmigiana (although part of that is on Bob for not tossing it in the garbage immediately). Then, coupled with his overbearing/obsessive "love" for Linda -- being "married" to his mother in one of the stories in the last episode -- and this one, acting like a spoiled little baby to the point of sabotaging her meeting -- have made him really unpleasant to watch.

• Love 9

To be fair to Bob, he was preparing food while Gene asked about eating the chicken, so I could see him forgetting to toss it later. 

I'm glad Gene did apologize for the chicken and last night, but what bothered me was that they could have done spa day when she got home, or the next day. It was kind of just a manufactured crisis that didn't need to be. 

• Love 5

The over the top codependence with Gene and Linda is funnier when it's one-liners or asides that they say nonchalantly but make us go "wait, what?" Making a whole episode about it and bringing all that subtext to the actual text makes it not funny.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

To be fair to Bob, he was preparing food while Gene asked about eating the chicken, so I could see him forgetting to toss it later. 

I'm glad Gene did apologize for the chicken and last night, but what bothered me was that they could have done spa day when she got home, or the next day. It was kind of just a manufactured crisis that didn't need to be. 

I believe Bob said he was waiting for trash day to throw the chicken away. I do that, too.

• Love 5

This made me sad for Tina and Louise. Gene and Linda have daily named events. When does she spend special time with her other two kids? I get that they're not as co-dependent but on some level it must suck to know that you're not your mother's favourite.

The boxing stuff was a delight and Bob especially shone in both plots.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

This made me sad for Tina and Louise. Gene and Linda have daily named events. When does she spend special time with her other two kids? I get that they're not as co-dependent but on some level it must suck to know that you're not your mother's favourite.

Linda does want a closer relationship with her daughters, it's just their personalities clash between them. In "Mother Daughter Laser Razor" after Linda forced Louise to go to the mother-daughter bonding class, said she wished Louise liked her. Linda is just way too overbearing and smothering for Louise to get really close to, whereas Bob is so much more laid back. As for Tina, I think she has the most balanced relationship with either parent, although Linda can overstep like "The Grand Mama-Pest Hotel", where Linda tried way too hard to be Tina's cool mom of letting Tina get to know another girl her age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Not a fan of this one except I got a kick out of the Ham and Egger movie. I just recently watched all the Rockies - or the first 4 anyway- plus the 2 Creed films- so it was all fresh.

Stuff with Gene was too much.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Wreath of Khan themed wreaths

Exterminator:  Slay Ride

Burger of The Day: I'm Brie-ing of a White Christmas Crisp-mas sliders

Of course Jimmy Pesto was the one who recommended Bob. But for once, it was about getting into someone else's good graces and not about owning Bob. But this is Jimmy Pesto, he could have both. But he didn't, thankfully. Because he's needy. That didn't stop Bob from getting unhinged and paranoid because when has anything involving Jimmy Pesto have some big catch attached to it? I'm with Bob that everything nice that happens to me HAS to have a catch behind it. I know, sad.

I can't believe it took the show this long to have Teddy be Santa. He got a whole song! He was great. And it was nice that he knew Louise and the kids would do the right thing and got them the gift they wanted.

It's easy for Linda to be enthusiastic about the mayor, we've never seen him. Well, we finally saw his backside, so that's progress.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 7

White Crisp-mas. It had the fried onions. 

I get excited about the mayor! We went to the same university for grad school at the same time. 

I'm fanwanking Tina and Gus are pals from the Halloween hotel and run into each other from time to time. 

I wouldn't say that the kids in line deserve the gifts more, but they shouldn't have stole anything (attempted). They were the only kids working. 

Again, there's some event and everyone likes Bob's food. You'd think at some point they would have better business. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 5

Jimmy Pesto actually admitting he likes Bobs food, and recommending him for an event without trying to mess with him? Then Bob talking Jimmy up? It truly is a Christmas miracle. I am glad that things worked out, maybe we will actually get to meet the mayor sometime soon now? Probably not my favorite Christmas episode (its just so hard to beat Christmas In The Car) but still a fun one, this show always does great holiday episodes. 

Its sweet that Teddy knew the kids would do the right thing, really its surprising that its taken this long to have Teddy play Santa, he even got a song about it! 

"Stop Stop! This isn't golf club!"  

• Love 6

If Jimmy was actually a functioning adult, he probably could have copped to the plan in the first place, and Bob would likely have gone along with it because it was a good business event for the restaurant.

One thing the show does that I think is kind of unique is that Teddy has an actual, healthy relationship with the kids. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Probably not my favorite Christmas episode (its just so hard to beat Christmas In The Car) but still a fun one, this show always does great holiday episodes

I went back and watched Christmas in the Car again after watching this episode. Christmas in the Car is probably my favorite Bob's Christmas episode.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'll be totally honest, I hate Christmas in the Car, it's one of my least favorite episodes. 

That's alright. It'd be boring if we all liked the same thing. What's your fave Bob's Christmas episode, Emma?

As far as holiday episodes their Halloween episodes are some of their best. The Thanksgiving episodes are kinda hit and miss. I think my favorite Halloween ep is Full Bars. Followed by Fort Night and then The Hauntening.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

image.png.60b9cd960aae0e84b9fda1c259c53184.png

hope the format saves--Christmas Bobs sorted best to worst IMO. I honestly do not remember #9 very well at all.

Nice Capades is highly ranked because of Fischoeder's bourbon song 🙂

Have Yourself a Maily Linda Christmas does have the family singing Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses.  

I like Better off sled and Christmas in the car.

Now that y'all have brought it up, I'm suddenly realizing that although I know I've seen all the Christmas episodes, I cannot remember any of them, not even with the titles to help. I can't decide if my memory's gone to crap in general or if it's just 2020 brain.

• LOL 2

The Bleakening is probably my fave. It started off slow but I loved the kids sneaking out of the house on an adventure and the whole family ending up at a rave (the animation for that was so wonderful). 

• Love 6

I'll pipe up for The Last Gingerbread House on the Left. Just the absurdity of a high-stakes gingerbread-house building competition including tuxedos and firearms with the prize of a cuddle session with an albino polar bear cub. Godfrey's the fun one, one guy is treating himself to a brand new penis, another has such serious eyebrow game that it's a medical condition, Fischoeder is a potty-head and Bob comes in thinking they're going to cover him in candy and eat him. I think my favorite x-mas episode is Better off Sled, but Gingerbread is a close second.

• Love 5