Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Years (like, over a decade) ago I was at my GP's office getting some standard blood tests during Halloween time, and the lab totally went all out vampire. And at the time I was very into Twilight but also harshly criticizing Edward and that combined with my terror of needles practically sent me into hysterics. I was convinced I was about to get The Wrath of the Sparklepire.

• LOL 3

I'm glad I watched this today after I did blood work this morning and not last night. I'm not squeamish about getting it done, but the part with Bob alone in the blood mobile, getting the tubing caught, ripping out his line, and spraying blood everywhere made me a little nauseous. 

I'm a little over Louise lately, which bums me out. Her storylines are a little too over the top for me and the vendetta stuff wore me out. 

• Love 1

My understanding is they ran out one year (after giving Tina and Gene their last pieces, so only Louise left out). Told her to come back next year and they'd give her two. The next year they did not run out. They gave all three kids one. Louise brought up what they'd said the year before. They had no memory of this, then got pissed at her for pushing, took the one candy back that they'd just given her. Thus "stiffing" her two years in a row, but the second time was spite, not running out.

• Love 7

Neighbor: How Can You Mend A Broken Hearth? fireplace repair

Exterminator: Ant Stop This Feeling

Burger(s) of The Day: The Blue Collard Burger, The Unbreakable Kimchi Schmidt Burger 

"Oh my god, Tina has so much power." Bless you, Jocelyn. Yeah, Tina went mad with power, but in her defense, the other kids' ideas were lame. And wow, screw Tammy for burying the Boyz 4 Now tickets. Gotta love how nobody ended up with the tickets in the end.

"I am loving Mom Connery." too soon!

I also loved Teddy's weird baby sound. It was good to see Mort again.

• Love 2

I love the running jokes about Louise's love of Boo-boo and Boyz 4 Now and her increasingly ridiculous denials of it, its just great whenever Louise lets out her inner little kid. 

Oh Tina, whenever she gets a little power she ends up going power mad, even if its just being in charge of a time capsule. Also not surprising that Tammy goes and creates her own petty version and none of them get the tickets. The best laid plans...

Nice seeing Mort, and the plot with Bob and Linda was short but fun. 

"How old is Dumbledore?" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

200th episode!

Neighbor: My So Called Knife butterknife store 

Exterminator: Sleeping with the Ant-Emy

Burger(s) of The Day: The Chimichurri Up and Wait Burger, The Guac! or My Mom Will Shoot Fire

Man, I was legit sad to see the restaurant on fire. When Gene started to sing WHY he started the fire, I figured we were in for another "three stories" episode, for who exactly started it. Well, that only lasted for a song. Of course it was Hugo's fault. He's still an ass and ruins everything, so satisfying for it to be his fault.

That Mermaid statue kept getting creepier, I loved it. those teeth!

"Bubba Gump, give us strength!" Oh, Gene.

"Kids, don't go breaking windows, even if it IS fun!" Oh, Linda.

Teddy's a stand up guy. He was just so concerned with the family's well being.

Ron looks so weird. He's just one of those odd season 1 designs that got grandfathered in, there's no character that would look like him anymore (see also: early Simpsons and Spongebob designs)

• Love 7

I was surprised they thought all the kids started the fire. I immediately thought it was Hugo. 

The kids can be a bit much, but at least they copped to it when they thought they did it. 

Not for nothing though, Bob, you can yell at the kids sometimes. 

Linda - eh, I'm a sound sleeper. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 8

I thought the scene where Bob was so angry at the kids and had to say so but was still trying to be a kind and understanding father was great. It really showed how their family gets along (even when the kids do bad things --or so they thought at the time).

Gene: 'She has kind eyes.'  Louise: 'They're kind of eyes.'

Edited by BooksRule
added a little bit
  • Love 9

I would have liked him to be a little more animated. Bob can be put upon, and most of the time it's benign. The kids thought they burned down the restaurant. He shouldn't call them horrible, but he's allowed to be mad. Linda is really permissive, and the kids get away with a lot. You don't really have to get up in the middle of the night to go into the restaurant with a crimper. 

Safety-wise, I'm surprised the kids have access to the restaurant without adults and it's not locked up at night. 

• Love 1

I know it's a cartoon. I know it's comedy. But it really bugged me this whole episode that the plot just made no sense. They would not be allowed to be open that shortly after a fire. If insurance were involved at all, and it likely would be, they'd need to come and review. The space would need to be cleared as structurally sound post-fire. All sorts of things. I couldn't get beyond that. None of the thermocouple, rental grill, kids trying to make right shenanigans mattered at all. They'd be forced closed that day. And Hugo should lose his job for that shit. No coming in and muttering a brief and insincere apology. It's just....acck.

• Love 7

"How did this happen, how did it get this way?!"

"I ask myself that every day." 

I really hope that Bob sues the crap out of Hugo, I should have known it was him messing about in the kitchen. The three songs were a fun variant on the Three Stories episodes, but it turned out to be a different kind of thing. And it was allllll Huuuugooooosss faaault....

The kids do tend to screw up a lot, often due to shenanigans, but they do really care about their family and they were really trying here to make things right, and it even ended up more or less working out. 

"Even at Mort's! Free Funerals!" 

• Love 1

The kids are responsible for their actions but I also think it was just strange not to let them build or participate in building the statue. They clearly would want to be a part of that and it wasn't as though there was a reason to stop them. They weren't needed to hand out the flyers until the next day. Bob and Linda are good parents who know their kids and know that their kids would love to build some weird statue for a chance at a prize. I get that plot-wise it was needed to get to the rest of the story, but it bugged me.

I did love that Gene, Louise and Tina spoke up immediately and were prepared to face consequences while Hugo had to be dragged there and an apology prodded out of him. Shows who is actually mature and who is a brat. It's a cartoon but I do hope Hugo is held accountable.

• Love 11

New episode tonight:

"Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid"

THE STOMACH FLU DERAILS THE BELCHER'S THANKSGIVING ON AN ALL-NEW "BOB'S BURGERS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, ON FOX

When Gene can't eat Thanksgiving dinner because of a stomach flu, the family tries to cheer him up.

Neighbor: The Road Less Graveled asphalt paving

Exterminator: When Bugs Cry

Poor Gene. I've been sick on Thanksgiving once. It suuuuuuuucks. He's a litter trooper, but so gross.

We had Bob talking to food AND a Thanksgiving song right out the gate?! Amazing. But that was to set up a Three Stories episode. But that amazing Predator spoof, though. The Breadator was just genius.

"Better bread than dead."
"I can't believe it IS butter!"

Tina's story was Air Force One with Pears (Pear Force One!). Also genius, but also so Tina. It does raise questions that President Gene Harrison Ford would be married to Linda, but I'll allow it. Gene's Oedipal Complex is nothing new. That was a long way to go for Tina to see Jimmy Jr nude, even if he was just a pear.

"And my mom is my wife! GO USA!"

And Bob's story was Armageddon with Chicken Parm. Pretty genius for Bob to bring it home to have Gene destroy the thing that actually made him sick. Was this the first time Bob told a story in place of one of the kids? 

Loved that the space suits had chef hats on them. And that Louise still wore her bunny ears over it.

"Turkey again? You make it every year."

Oh, Gayle.

• Love 7

I'm really behind, just watched the one with the time capsule. I feel for Linda- I can't whistle either. I've tried my whole life and just can't do it. 

Boyz for Now- was surprised Louise still likes them, I guess the kids don't age In cartoons, but it seems like a long time.

• Love 2

The attention to detail had me rolling, and I have to watch a few more times to pick up all the little things in the different scenarios, like the Breadinator having a toast wrist tracker. 

Gene:  "I think I pooped out the part of my brain that knew everything that was happening on the Kaminsky Method".  Ha!  

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Aryanna said:

It seems like they've been relying on the three story format a lot lately. I want more episodes with the kids and their friends like the two butted goat episode.

They haven't had a good kid adventure in a while for me. The time capsule one was ok, but not like them going out around town. I liked the murder mystery in the hotel, but for Halloween, I would have liked a plot with all the kids. 

I didn't like Louise keeping Tina 'on message', and everyone agreeing with Bob about Gene being married to Mom. 

Tina: Gene was married to Mom in my story.

Bob: We need to have serious talk as a family.

LMAO!

Poor Gene, while not Thanksgiving, I've been sick on Christmas several times as a child and it absolutely sucks not being able to eat all that delicious food.

• Love 6

Poor Gene, getting sick on Thanksgiving would seriously suck, especially for Gene, who loves food so much. Its like when I was a kid and had a bad cold on Christmas, its such a downer. It did however give us another classic Three Story episode, so I cant be too mad. I am kind of with Bob on Gene and Linda, it might be time to...talk...as a family. This was probably my favorite episode of the season so far, I just love Bobs Burgers Thanksgiving episodes, Bobs love of Thanksgiving is so infectious, especially his Thanksgiving songs. 

All three stories were great, but I think that the Breadinator was my favorite, the design on the Breadinator looked so cool and detailed. "The mission isn't important, its just to get the plot rolling. 

"We have all the episodes streaming on VHS because its 1997" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, emma675 said:

I loved that the Breadator's butt was two hot cross buns and his hair looked like bread sticks. They put so much thought into the details of that character's look. 

And he was designed like Bob, so he had a bread mustache!

40 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

That was a top 3 song, one of my favourites. 

So how soon can we expect to hear The National's cover of it?

• Love 1

I guess I'm in the minority but I dislike any show that does the characters in another place/time/dream whatever thing. It doesn't matter what the show is, just not my thing.

I made it through the Breadator story, eyes glazed over 2 mins into Tina's story, managed to focus again for the last 5 mins or so and caught most of Bob's story.

I do like the National's cover of their songs.

Neighbor: Where the Sun Don't Shine 

Tanning Salon

Exterminator: Vermin on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

Burger(s) of The Day: The Eggplant One on Me Burger

I can't believe it took the show this long to go to an airport...because the family can't afford to fly. Makes sense. I wish there was another Florida episode, but like Bob and Linda, this'll count. The grandparents had me dying this whole episode. "I will not forget your name...Delta!"

"Your tone says good news, but your body says there is no good news." Oof, Louise.

I loved how the kids treated the wings: Tina used it as a barrette that hurts her head (ha!), Tina thought they'd make her fly, and Gene would use them to get the good tater tots. Love that they got their wings in the end, and Teddy got his snow globe.

• Love 9

So every episode of Bob’s Burgers is my favorite episode of Bob’s Burgers but I especially love Linda’s crazy parents.  I totally want Bob and Linda to introduce the TSA agent to Gayle he seems to enjoy the crazy.

• Love 7

Wow grandma's box. Not as great as rusty trombone, but good one. 

I really loved that this counted as the visit. My parents always always always go to the wrong terminal to pick me up at one particular airport (though to be fair it's an awful airport).

Y'all going up love this. I got my wings for my first flight. On Eastern Airlines. 

I did like how the kids coveted the wings as a status symbol. Regular Size Rudy swooned when he saw them. 

I did like Bob actually tell Linda he didn't like how she was being treated. Usually he doesn't speak up. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

What was wrong with Teddy? I couldn’t understand anything he said in the hospital?

Bob's Burger of the Day had eggplant on it, and Teddy is allergic. He was in the ER because his throat was closing up due to eating it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

What was wrong with Teddy? I couldn’t understand anything he said in the hospital?

He ate the burger of the day which had eggplant which he reveals that he is allergic to but couldn't resist ordering because he is fine when he just eggs. He had a bad allergic reaction to the eggplant.

This episode hit close to home and reminded me how maddening and hilarious it was dealing with my elderly parents when they were around.  It was only a slight exaggeration and I can only presume that the writers must be dealing with aging parents too.  

• Love 9