Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Of course in Bobs dream, he finds more inanimate objects to talk to, but at least this time they can actually talk back to him. Poor Bob, adulting is hard, even when your totally a millionaire restaurateur. I loved the passive aggressive self help tape. 

Everyone knowing how to do the hand rhyme was hilarious, but of course Tina just cant get the hang of it. Its been awhile since we saw Mr. Fischoeder, AND we got to see Mort. "Hello burger people!" 

Its great to be back!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Tina went nuts when she finally pulled it off.

We rewound that part three times.  Tina was killing me trying to learn.  

6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I did like how Louise liked Mr. Fischoeder's rendition the best and vowed to teach everyone at school.

I agreed with her.  Ha!

• Love 1

I don't think Bob is irresponsible per se. It's just his life is harried, and they're always struggling. He's not going to be able to take the car to a shop for an oil change. That's way too big an expense. Teddy could have offered to do it. Linda also could pick up some of that slack. 

• Love 2

Can't believe it took me a week to watch the premiere. It was great. The sarcastic passive-aggressive tape was hilarious. And even though it's just a cartoon, Bob's filthy car made me feel icky.

Loved all the hand-clap rhymes. 

Engine: Every 3000 miles, dipstick.
Dipstick: Hey, don't drag me into this.

• Love 5

Neighbor: Get ON My Lawn! lawn ornaments

Exterminator: Earwigs and the Angry Exterminators

Oddly topical episode about an epidemic. Butt worms seem kind of better than reality, right? Even if it WAS just butt worms, this was all uncomfortable. I really felt for everyone, especially Bob and Tina. Tina for having to handle Gene, and Bob for seeing whatever a google search for pinworms came up. Of course Gene was the one that got the worms, and every new part of the story he added made everything more horrifying. "Does rice wiggle" nearly made me gag.

Yeah, did this make anyone else's butt itch? God damn, I was not liking Linda here. She went Full Karen in this one. Liked her song, though.

"Also, does anyone want to trade eyes?" that's a line that's gonna see some use.

"Oboe, you didn't." Tina having an odd fitting dress was instant karma for being boy crazy again.

• Love 5

Are pinworm epidemics really a thing anywhere?  That was kind of gross and almost turned me off from having my late supper (as a matter of fact, I think I'll just have my dessert cupcake and stop there).  

I did laugh when Louise backed herself into the corner and ran screaming from the room to get away from her infested family. 

• Love 4

I liked the insistence of the hamster slide being a permanent part of the living room. 

And callback to the pharmacy guy. 

I'm surprised the kids are getting such bad grades. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Are pinworm epidemics really a thing anywhere?  That was kind of gross and almost turned me off from having my late supper (as a matter of fact, I think I'll just have my dessert cupcake and stop there).  

According to the CDC: Pinworm is the most common worm infection in the United States.  As if you needed another reason to wash your hands.

My favorite line of all was when Bob said he didn't think hamsters should be going down a slide and Gene responds  "Well excuse us Jane Goodall"

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Gene doing the "butt scoot" across the living room floor cracked me up. That's what we called it when our childhood cat did it. Anytime one of my cats in adulthood have done it, I RUN after them with a baby wipe because I know there's something caught in the pantaloons.

The pinworms playing in the symphony was hilariously bizarre! Do pinworms cause fever dreams?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

I was fairly grossed out during the episode, but I did enjoy Linda and Gene's adoration of each other, which is how Linda got pinworms.

Yeah same. The pandemic has definitely reactivated some of my worst OCD and germophobe tendencies, so I kept having to mute it. I definitely won't be watching this one again any time soon.

I did feel for Louise, trapped in the house with all those "diseased" people. I do usually enjoy when they have a "bottle" episode that's just the family (though I did really enjoy Bob's trip to the pharmacy!).

• Love 2

That was next level gross, but I do love how this show goes so over the top in its grossness that it can turn around and become hilarious. The worms all playing in the orchestra! 

"I'm afraid that everyone in the orchestra will laugh at me." Poor Bob.

Very bad day to make spaghetti. Even if I dont do the Lady and the Tramp bit with anyone. 

• Love 2
On 10/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

"I'm afraid that everyone in the orchestra will laugh at me." Poor Bob.

And the trombone will make a sad trombone sound. 😄

This was almost too gross for me. I don't like seeing dogs scooting across the carpet, and I don't like seeing Gene do it either.

I am so tempted to google pinworms. Someone stop me!!!

Still, it was pretty funny. Of course some of the best lines came from Gene, like saying that Uptown Girls means bosoms and the plural of caboose is cabees. I also like when Tina said to think of the worms as butterflies, Gene repeated it, emphasizing BUTT-erflies. Funny that Tina missed that.

• Love 3

Neighbor: Lou's Reeds wind instruments

Exterminator: Vermin Down The House

Burger(s) of The Day: Paint It Blackberry Burger, Play It Again Yam Burger

We had BOTH Fischoeders this week? and Rudy and Mickey? AND Andy and Ollie?! It feels like we won the lottery. Wait, Grover was here, too, so we got all three Fisches this week.

As gross as it was, I liked the pool B-Story.

Poor Bob, he loved that kitchen but had to blab like he always does. "Loose lips, wide hips, large nips, I assume." I missed the Fisches so much. It was so easy for Felix to trick Linda to go in the closet, and equally as easy to foil him.

Jen saying "tuh-vee" really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

• Love 3

I liked this one better than the first two episodes of the season.

Gene (as usual) had some good lines.  Louise: 'Ours isn't like Chloe's show-offy pool.'  Gene (proudly): 'Ours has tetanus!'

And I laughed at the kids playing in the pool full of stale hamburger buns.  Regular-Sized Rudy: 'Cannon bun!!'

• Love 8

I laughed really hard when the grill in Bob's kitchen confessed that it sometimes fantasizes about "that muppet with the rolling pin" cooking on him. It's like the grill has a type, and he definitely has a bushy moustache, Swedish or otherwise.

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Jen saying "tuh-vee" really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

That cracked me up. TuhVEE.

Gene: Every pool party's a pool warming, honey.

Gene: This is what Kenneth Branagh does before he plays King Shakespeare. WHOOO-hoo-WHOOO-hoo-WHOOO-hoo!

• Love 7

"I guess if our standards are really low, but that sounds like us." 

Bob not only making all of the kitchen equipment talk, but also giving them all accents, was just too great. And then of course he apologized to his own equipment for cheating on them. 

Its reoccurring character-a-palooza! Not only do we get both Fischoeders for the first time in awhile, but most of the kids gang, and even Mickey, with his own signature drink, slippin a Mickey! 

I always love seeing Louis and Rudy hanging out, he might be the person outside of her family that she gets along with best. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I always love seeing Louis and Rudy hanging out, he might be the person outside of her family that she gets along with best. 

Did I detect a hint of jealousy towards Chloe in Louise? Hmm.

• Love 3

You

17 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Gene: This is what Kenneth Branagh does before he plays King Shakespeare. WHOOO-hoo-WHOOO-hoo-WHOOO-hoo!

What made me laugh is that this is an actual vocal exercise singers use. It's one of my favorites and it's entirely "trying to sound as much like a siren as possible".

54 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How does Gene even know who Branagh is?

Gene seems to know a lot about things much older than him. I was just watching "The Hauntening" this morning where they set up the scary house so Louise can be genuinely frightened, and Gene asked if the cast of Murphy Brown would be there.

• Love 2

Episode 4:

"Heartbreak Hotel-oween"

Louise's plan to get revenge on Halloween for a candy transgression hits a snag when the Belcher kids meet a mysterious elerly woman at a hotel.

Airs November 1, 2020.

• Love 3

The show’s IG said it would be preempted, but the show somehow made its way to my DVR anyway and I’m watching it now! What a nice surprise. 😄

Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for anyone else. 👻 

• Love 1

Since I have been cruelly denied this seasons Halloween episode until later, I am watching all of the past BB Halloween episodes. I mean, I was going to do that anyway, but...

I think The Hauntening is my favorite, I love the whole family teaming up to scare Louise and how happy she was to actually get scared. Second is probably Full Bars, its very Halloween-y.  

• Love 6

Neighbor: Someday Bloody Someday, Gory Calendars

Exterminator: She's Super Squeaky

Burger(s) of The Day: The Night Pear on Elm Beet Burger

Loved all the kids' costumes. Tina was a Toastbuster one year, and one was a princess covered in handles? (It was Sixteen Handles!) Gene was CAT Stevens and Baby Gaga, and Louise was Beetle Juice and Blade Bunner. 

I with Bob, I'm incredibly uncomfortable when it comes to donating blood. For me, it's the needles. Hate them. I could feel the squeamishness through the TV. 

The mystery was nice, but I wish the kids got back to that house for the candy.

• Love 3

I would say Louise's rage was a bit much if it was just the people in that house simply not remembering their promise to her*, but when they actively took candy away from her that they already gave, all bets were off.

*Also those people were being assholes about it - if she said she was promised double, give her double and remember her next year to see if she tries it again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I had trouble buying that they wouldn't remember Louise in the first place. Especially if they're giving out candy every year. It's not like they live in NYC with millions of people. 

I liked that Tina actually put her foot down though. 

• Love 3

"Candy Justice sounds like a stripper who is also a judge." Like Gene, I would totally watch that show. 

The mystery the kids got into was fun, but I do wish they had given us a bit more closure with the house. Not surprising that Louise would nurture a year long grudge over a candy snub, but it is surprising that they forgot Louise. Louis is nothing if not memorable. 

Poor Bob, my veins are really small so I totally get having to get your arms jabbed a million times to give blood. As much as the people in the blood van were unprofessional, turning a van to give blood into a vampire mobile is a fun Halloween idea. 

Not one of their best Halloween episodes, but fun as always. 

• Love 6