Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I too had to google See you next Tuesday. I had no idea.

Who woulda thunk this would be such a sweet episode. Bob and Louise bonding over their phobia... or should I say preference?... was really nice. I love that the family has home-poopers and poop-anywheres. The stories about Linda were great -- Pooping in a bucket... at a wedding! Pooping in a portapotty that had fallen off a truck.

I actually have recurring dreams where I'm in a public restroom where there's something terrible. It might be that the floors are all wet, the toilets are full of shit, the stalls have no doors, the stall walls are about 2-ft high, and sometimes there's just a hole in the floor. 

Gene: No poop for you.

I cracked up when the annoying music playing when Bob took Louise to the aquarium was actually on the car radio.

BTW, Bob didn't actually get laxatives. He bought two stool softeners and some fiber powder.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I actually have recurring dreams where I'm in a public restroom where there's something terrible. It might be that the floors are all wet, the toilets are full of shit, the stalls have no doors, the stall walls are about 2-ft high, and sometimes there's just a hole in the floor.

I have the same dreams!!!

4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

BTW, Bob didn't actually get laxatives. He bought two stool softeners and some fiber powder.

Yeah I was side-eying him HARD on his supposed laxative knowledge. If they wanted Louise to poop before the trip that badly (and honestly there's not much of a difference between 4 and 5 days of constipation, I think her plan to just wait until after the aquarium wasn't the worst), she needed LAXATIVE laxatives. As in stay home all day until the trip because those 24 hours are gonna be productive but rough.

I would have NEVER rolled the dice with anything that worked over a longer period of time like the meds Bob bought Louise, with a school trip coming up. Rookie mistake, turning that poor kid into a poop time bomb.

• Love 7
(edited)

Neighbor: Mirror or Mirror on the Wool 

Sequin Sweaters

Exterminator: If You See Something Spray Something

Burger(s) of The Day: The Into Thin Heirloom Burger, Avaca-Don't You Want Me Baby? Burger (it was different for ONE shot)

Of course Tammy would love New York (even if she never actually went there because it smelled). And it doesn't surprise me one bit that Teddy would argue with a sports radio show enough to get banned from it.

"I WANT DRIFTWOOD DAMMIT." Tina got sassy tonight. But can you blame her? Linda just got too all into something again. Seriously, she scared Tina.

Man, Teddy's life is so sad it made Bob give him free food.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

Episode 21:

"Local She-ro"

While trying to show Tina what's great about their town, Linda ends up on the trail of a legendary local singer; Teddy turns to Bob for help in arguing with a sports radio host.

Aired May 10, 2020.

I do love this show, but wow, the Teddy-centric storylines are just painful. What did the guy who voices him do, or whose compromising pictures does he have in a safe deposit box?

Linda on the jumping rocks got a little screechy, but everything else about that adventure was fun. And Linda's borrowed outfit had me wondering if I can pull off a strapless terry romper for lounging around home. She looked cute!

Feminine Denim Man. So perfect. 

• Love 3

Aww their town is kind of cool! Its weird and probably smells like rotten fish, but its certainly never boring at least. Those houseboat people are fun! 

Man, Teddy's life really is sad, no wonder the radio guy let him start calling again out of pity. Bob even gave him a free pity burger, its all just so sad. 

"I like that eel." "Thats the snake." 

Tina singing New York New York is one of those things I never thought I needed, but as it turns out, I totally did. 

• Love 1

Bob saying it was his turn to have the good pillow made me chuckle.

Linda: Look how she's not wearing shoes, like a beautiful Fred Flintstone.

Gene: We can talk the dingle off a berry.

• LOL 5
On 4/27/2020 at 11:24 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Is he an electrician though? Because that is different, to be fair. I can buy that he thought the job might have been easy, or Teddy isn't high cost. Fixing Bob's light is a lot different from a gazebo though. 

I noted Tina also had Zeke in her story. 

Was Bob trying to get one over on Mr. Fischoelder? It seems like it would be a landloard's responsibilty to make repairs and especially electrical repairs. I thoght Bob might have been afraid of a rent increase.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:10 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

And Linda's borrowed outfit had me wondering if I can pull off a strapless terry romper for lounging around home.

This made me think of something that happened to me once.

A bunch of us were out on our friend's boat and we had been swimming in the water. Afterward I put on a strapless top and took off my bikini top. Later in the day my bf at the time came up behind me and pulled my top down. For what seemed like a long time but was probably just a few moments my boobs were out there for everyone on the boat to see. I was mortified.  

3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't know if Linda would be embarrassed if that happened. She pooped in a bucket. 

Plus she flashed the camera to get Bob & Gene to stop fighting on TV in "Beefsquatch".

• Love 2

Bob and Linda met at a bar. Linda was with Ginger telling her a story, and she made a wide sweeping gesture with her hand just as Bob was passing by. Linda's engagement ring (from her very short engagement to Hugo) got caught in Bob's mustache, and for her at least it was lust at first sight. Linda really loves that mustache.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Episode 22:

"Prank You for Being a Friend"

A classmate comes to Louise for lessons in how to get in trouble; Bob reluctantly agrees to bring Jimmy Pesto his hernia medication.

Airs May 17, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)

Neighbor: Hey Now, We're A Rock Store

Exterminator: Wasps Your Problem?

Burger(s) of The Day: Bright Leeks, Big City Burger (comes with grilled leeks)

Yeah, no shock at all that Jimmy Pesto's only "friends" are Trev and Bob. And yeah, he had rad stuff like a bar, nunchuks, and a slot car set. Bob went full Seinfeld here. He drugged Jimmy then played with his toys. Making him laugh until it hurts was a pretty good comeuppance. He's sad.

Oh my god was Kaylee a special type of lame. Like, Regular-Size Rudy is more of a rebel than she is (and OF COURSE he's a Thinkgineer)

See you all in the fall...whenever that'll be.

Hey, was Mr. Fischoeder in this season AT ALL?

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

I didn't like the episode where Tina went nuts about the mentoring, but I liked the callback. 

37 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

. Like, Regular-Size Rudy is more of a rebel than she is (and OF COURSE he's a Thinkgineer)

Do you not recall his joke about the fishes? Rudy is irreplaceable. 

• Love 3

"Your just like Matt Damon in The Departed!" Looks like Gene got a hold of the Netflix password! 

Of course Rudy is a Thinkaneer. Kayla was such a dork that she made Rudy look like a bad kid, so I am glad she found her place and that Louise had her back, in a Louise kind of way. 

Not surprising that Jimmy Pesto has no one to call for help except for his employee and his arch rival, Jimmy Pesto is such a dick that he cant even be bothered to remember he has kids. 

• Love 3

Thinkgineer. Rudy is on a higher level of thinking than a mere thinkaneer. I'm not even going to capitalize it.

I don't like Jimmy Pesto, but I don't think I'd trust Jimmy Jr to go pick up the medicine, and they may have required an adult signature for it anyway. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Not surprising that Jimmy Pesto has no one to call for help except for his employee and his arch rival, Jimmy Pesto is such a dick that he cant even be bothered to remember he has kids. 

That was not the apartment of someone who usually lives with his kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/18/2020 at 10:18 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't like Jimmy Pesto, but I don't think I'd trust Jimmy Jr to go pick up the medicine, and they may have required an adult signature for it anyway. 

Yeah, depending on what kind of medication is was Jr might not have been legally allowed to pick it up. Based on Jimmy's reaction after taking it, it was some kind of pain pill.

That was the first time I saw the mall episode that aired before this one. I'd never thought about using those motorized animals to joust before, but now I kind of want to.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, tennisgurl said:

On 5/18/2020 at 10:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

That was not the apartment of someone who usually lives with his kids.

That's what I found strange in that episode. I figured Jimmy Pesto lived above his restaurant the way Bob and family do. Jimmy Jr. and the twins always walk home with the Belcher kids to what was I assumed their own home. Have they always just been going to Jimmy Pesto's for after school care?

I used to think Jimmy was divorced or a widower, since we've never seen Mrs. Pesto and she's never mentioned (although I think there was one time she was mentioned early on -- maybe the episode where Gene "learns" baseball from the scam artist). Jimmy's apartment would seem to indicate his children live elsewhere.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

I do love this show, but wow, the Teddy-centric storylines are just painful. What did the guy who voices him do, or whose compromising pictures does he have in a safe deposit box?

I hate Teddy so much. His plots are always awful and he's such an unpleasant character. He's one outburst away from massacring the whole town. Even his short appearances are awful. The trouble is, I think the writers are enamored of the character and keep putting him in. I'd rather see Mort or the transvestite hookers again. (At least we get the occasional appearance of Marshmallow.)

In one of the early episodes, Bob receives a package from the women who bought his dad's house or something like that -- the package contained Bob's old "toys." Isn't the implication that Big Bob was dead? Obviously, he's alive and has his own restaurant, so that must have been a retcon. 

Ironically, when Teddy is just with the kids, they get along and he's kind of normal. They don't really even clown him. And last time they got him unbanned from the radio show. The kids also all told the stories about him where he was fixing the closet light. 

• Love 2
On 6/16/2020 at 11:22 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I used to think Jimmy was divorced or a widower, since we've never seen Mrs. Pesto and she's never mentioned (although I think there was one time she was mentioned early on -- maybe the episode where Gene "learns" baseball from the scam artist). Jimmy's apartment would seem to indicate his children live elsewhere.

In "Bad Tina" one of the twins says "Cool! Mom packed me tampons for lunch!" Divorced makes sense.

• Love 1

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the Bob's Burgers panel! It hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

Bob's Burgers
Creator and executive producer Loren Bouchard will break news about the upcoming season, and the always entertaining cast including H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal, Eugene Mirman, Dan Mintz and Larry Murphy will have you howling with laughter with never-before-seen footage, followed by a lively panel discussion and fan Q&A.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 5/13/2020 at 12:14 AM, Aryanna said:

This made me think of something that happened to me once.

A bunch of us were out on our friend's boat and we had been swimming in the water. Afterward I put on a strapless top and took off my bikini top. Later in the day my bf at the time came up behind me and pulled my top down. For what seemed like a long time but was probably just a few moments my boobs were out there for everyone on the boat to see. I was mortified.  

I have memories of the slow, inexorable way a tube tope rolls down, exposing your breasts. When you can do nothing about it, of course. 

6 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

What day is it today? HINT Its 9/3. Nine can be divided by 3!

3 hours ago, link417 said:

Happy anniversary, Bob and Linda! 🍔❤️🍔

As someone who is late to the Bob’s Burgers party, and hasn’t caught with all the back episodes yet- anyone want to share the significance of 9/3?  I’m guessing that’s their anniversary? For math reasons?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

As someone who is late to the Bob’s Burgers party, and hasn’t caught with all the back episodes yet- anyone want to share the significance of 9/3?  I’m guessing that’s their anniversary? For math reasons?

In the very first episode Bob forgets their anniversary and Linda tells him it's easy to remember because 9 is divisible by 3 and Bob responded that lots of numbers are divisible by 3. To Bob's credit, he remembers in the first episode of season 10.

This show was my quarantine binge and I'm sorry I didn't give it a chance earlier. I was scared it was going to be another "comedy" where the entire family hates each other and I was glad to be wrong in that respect.

Happy anniversary to my favorite animated couple! They truly have a relationship to strive for being how well they understand and adapt to each other's personalities and quirks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, link417 said:

Congrats to Bob’s Burgers! It’s been renewed for a 12th AND 13th season ahead of the Season 11 premiere! 🍔

Is anyone else hearing Linda saying “all riiiiight”! In that picture 😂  

Edited by Izzy85
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

It's good to be back!

Neighbor: Bend It Like Bedpan medical supplies

Exterminator: You Should Get That Mole Looked At

Burger(s) of The Day: The What's The Matter-horn Burger (with swiss cheese crisps)

Thanks Bob, for reminding me that I'm getting old. I'm at "sleep at a certain angle and your shoulder hurts" age. Every once in a while, the show reminds us that Bob doesn't have his shit together and he's more than a straight man to the family's antics. And of course when he dreams he talks to inanimate objects (at least they talk back in dreams).

"Aww, who wants a hug? That's not a pity hug?

"This is ruining my memory of childhood."
"You're making mommy sad, Tina."

I relate to Tina. No rhythm. 

Man, it's been a while since we saw Mr. Fischoeder. Loved his rhyme. And when was the last time he was in an episode with Mort?

• Love 7