Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: You walkijn to me? physical therapy

Exterminator: Sorry Gnat Sorry

Burger(s) of The Day: The Hollandaise Ro-oho-oh-oh-oh-oh-oll Burger

So good to see Nat again! And she had a GF? So great.

"BRITNEY SPEARS, GIVE ME STRENGTH!!" Oh, Gene. He's afraid of snakes! He had a whole song about it!

Teddy's plot was weird, but funny. He is...not right in the head. He imagines himself becoming a part of Bob's family...by marrying Linda and Bob adopting him as his son.

Bob naming the snakes was adorable. I love when he gives things a voice.

Edited by Galileo908
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I would have like to hear Gene reprising his "I'm just afraid of SNAKES" song, but the episode was fantastic! Can we have Bouchard and co. work mandatory overtime to produce more episodes? We need them at a time like this! 

Also, on second thought regarding my previous post, maybe Bob would be doing great in the time of corona...he could be doing massive carryout business. My son works at a pizza place--the sit down portion of the restaurant has been closed for a couple of weeks but the carryout side has been insanely busy. I don't think Bob's will get that topical but I still like to think about my imaginary Belchers prospering 🙂

• Love 7

"She got an alligator from one of the Big Bangs tub. I am not going to say which one...but its not the one you think it is." 

"I heard about that. It was the one I thought it was though. Just because you play smart on TV doesn't mean you make smart choices." 

So many great moments this week, I love Nat so much! Poor Gene and his snake phobia, he just sounded so defeated by the end. "I see them when I close my eyes." I really like snakes though, I agree with Bob, those snakes were pretty cute! I am glad that Bob got to end on a happy note, and I love when it makes things/animals talk. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think Bob would like road trips if he had an actual say in it. 

He would totally be a fan of the Sterns of Roadfood fame. https://roadfood.com/about-roadfood/

He could find one of their books and go on a trip that would lead to some disappointments (because even the 2017 edition is going to have out-of-date info) but still find some place with good food that makes him happy.

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Forgot to post this when I first read it, it's a lovely piece about Eugene Mirman (Gene)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/movies/eugene-mirman-brooklyn-comedy.html?searchResultPosition=1

My heart stopped because I thought that was going to be about him having died due to the coronavirus. It wasn't; he's still alive. Spoiler alert for those who didn't click the link: his wife died recently.

• Love 2

Neighbor: Not Safes for Work

Personal Safes

Exterminator: Little Vermin 

Burger(s) of The Day: Better Cauliflower Saul Burger

I love whenever the Burger of The Day is involved in the plot. I'm with Bob, cauliflower IS underrated. Kind of shocked that both burgers were awful. Then again, have we seen either Gene or Louise cook? Of course they had to subject Teddy to the burgers. Poor Teddy...but he'll be fine.

It was so great to see Josh again. Six kids were named Sawyer because of Lost. Well, time to feel old!

"Fred A. Stairs. We named the stairs." This show...

"I have to go to Rudy's...ballet...fight..."

Edited by Galileo908
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I would go to Rudy's ballet fight. 

Come ON Tina - get the fuck over Jimmy Junior. 

I'm disappointed the burgers were that bad. 

Seriously, they need a plot where Tina learns to dial it back. I did like Doug rolling his eyes. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 4

Welp, there go the Tina x Josh shippers.

Gene’s palate can’t be trusted: He ate a hot dog the slid through unwashed PVC pipe, and thought Bob’s earwax ball was a “delicious candy baby.” 

Kind of surprised Louise’s burger wasn’t better, but then again, she’s 9.

I saw myself in Josh when he went, “...oooOOOoohh!”

"How many Sawyers are there in this school?!" "Six, Lost was really popular when we were born." 

Oh Tina, this is why you should be honest with people, or you end up yelling at people and putting them in headlocks for five seconds! "I am gonna go do my job, instead of...this." 

Poor Bob just wants to pass along his love of cooking, but I guess Gene and Louise have no talent or real interest apparently. Its kind of surprising that they haven't picked anything up working at the restaurant for so long, but maybe not, considering Genes taste in random garbage and Louise's commitment to slacking off. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm disappointed the burgers were that bad. 

I'm glad both were bad because I expected both of them to be really good.

15 hours ago, link417 said:

I saw myself in Josh when he went, “...oooOOOoohh!”

OMGosh, this cracked me up. The long delay and the long response were hilarious.

Also loved his saying Joshington DC.

I didn't expect them to be good, but putting licorice and olives together is a little much. Everything is so extreme with this family, the surprise would have been something more normal. 

Like, I don't expect the kids to know how to cook, but maybe the ingredients were good, so Bob makes a brand new burger of the day based on both that is good, but they still name it something inappropriate. So you still get the tie, but they still actually win. 

Teddy flipping out was hilarious. 

Neighbor: Purple Vein 

Varicose Vein Surgery

Exterminator: Hives Out

Burger(s) of The Day: The Chili-Delphia Story Burger, The Deep Blue Brie Burger, The Stayin' A-Chive Burger, The Almond Butters Band Burger

Man, these people tricked me into not expecting this to be the Three Stories episode for the season.

God, I loved that whole Waterworld fantasy. "Unless you're a fish, and you're like 'Finally, I get to go to Disneyland!"

Tina's story being like Up with Boyz 4 Now was inspired. I'm not surprised that she imagines Bob and Teddy's friendship is them acting like Zeke and Jimmy Jr. And it's totally her for Boyz 4 Now to know that Tina is their biggest fan but forget her name.

"Gene, don't say handy jobs."

Weird that Gene was the one to tell a Godzilla story. You'd think that be something Tina or Louise would do. But Pizzilla attacking by farting, and the restaurant turning into a Megazord/Voltron was SO him. Farting saving the day yet again is so on brand for him.

And now we know how Louise keeps seeing age inappropriate movies. She totally doesn't know how to stream movies with Linda's password.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

I liked in Louise's story that Bob had groovy hair and the burger was a deep blue brie. And Rudy was there! 

The guy in the Bible with all the pets. 

I'll love you 4 Everest! Haha hahahahahaha. And Louise was still into the boy band. 

I liked that Bob was so overly dramatic in all the stories. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 5

Really fun episode, and I was happy to see Gene being the one to tell the story that convinces Teddy, it's always been Louise or Tina before!

I will say I did expect Teddy's call to Reggie to turn out that something else set the gazebo on fire, not faulty wiring. I don't like them busting Teddy down from licensed contractor, the man is good at literally only that kind of work; they should let him have it. (Remember his whole process for digging through the lockers?)

• Love 3

We got our three story episode! I loved all three stories, and I am glad that Genes story was the one that got Teddy his groove back, I think its mostly been Louise and Tina in the past. 

Of course Louise has been streaming movies on Linda's password, and of course she watched Mad Max Fury Road a billion times! 

"They dont know your name in your own story?" 

"That checks out." 

Boo Boo truly is the great love of Louise's life!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PinkRibbons said:

I don't like them busting Teddy down from licensed contractor, the man is good at literally only that kind of work; they should let him have it.

Is he an electrician though? Because that is different, to be fair. I can buy that he thought the job might have been easy, or Teddy isn't high cost. Fixing Bob's light is a lot different from a gazebo though. 

I noted Tina also had Zeke in her story. 

• Love 4

Not only did Tina have Zeke in her story, but she said hi to him before Jimmy Jr. - there is hope!

Seeing that this was going to be a Teddy-centric ep (ugh), I was delighted to realize that it's a 3-story one! Aside from the one about the rom-com laundry ball in England (was is Valentine's? that one just didn't grab me), I adore the 3-story eps. My favorite BB episode ever may even be The Gayle Tales. I normally find Gayle to be a beyond-the-pale abominable person (recently rewatched the ep in which she has pink eye), but her use in Tales is just perfect.

Red Godzilla-lizard and BurgerTron farting together was almost as good as Rudy Booty. Just saying that out loud in these troubled times makes me laugh. Rudy Booty Rudy Booty Rudy Booty!!

• Love 2

Pulling the robot's finger and farting to make the giant lizard laugh made me literally laugh out loud.  I rarely do that.  Plus, Linda saying they will need to "drain the lizard"...how did they get away with that one?

• Love 4

Episode 20:

"Poops!... I Didn't Do It Again"

Louise must confront her fear of pooping in public on an overnight school trip to the aquarium. Linda enlists the rest of the family to make a video for her parents’ anniversary.

Airs May 3, 2020.

Neighbor: I only have Rabb-Eyes for You 

Rabbinical Dating Services

Exterminator: Exterminator 2 Bugment day

Burger(s) of The Day: Avaca-Don't you Want Me Baby? Burger, Take A Picture Fig'll Last Longer Burger

It's weird that we saw an entire episode about pooping and it was...touching? I'm not a poop-anywhere, but I had to learn, so I could relate to Bob and Louise.

"We should go to the pharmacy at night more."

"These fingers are ready to tickle some pickles!"

"Don't say See you Next Tuesday."

Gene rocked that purple pickle suit. The final song was great.

• Love 6
(edited)

I cannot believe they got see you next Tuesday by the censors. I fucking love it. 

One of the students used to do that to me. 

Theeeers your video! 

I do like when they have Bob and Tina bond. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 6

The best thing is that Bob knows what all these euphemisms mean. He's the one always telling the kids not to say things. 

Rudy is such a scene stealer. I was cracking up at the sleeping with the fishes joke, but they took it up a notch when the teacher was pissed he stole her joke. He's going to be that dude that you're hoping you run into when you go out or to a party. 'Whoa Rudy's here'. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I wouldn't think that most shows could make a story about poop so touching, but...here we are. I love Bob and Louise plots, they have such a sweet bond. 

Random Regular Sized Rudy is always appreciated. "BUT WHAT IF ITS NOT!?" 

See You Next Tuesday indeed. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

I loved that Louise thanked Bob and have him a hug. I can relate as that's as much as I get anymore from my youngest who's in High School now. I cherish every single one. Sniff.

• Love 5
On 5/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

Rudy is such a scene stealer. I was cracking up at the sleeping with the fishes joke, but they took it up a notch when the teacher was pissed he stole her joke. He's going to be that dude that you're hoping you run into when you go out or to a party. 'Whoa Rudy's here'. 

I love this vision of adult Regular Size Rudy!  And I still want to know how his backpack caught fire at Olive Garden!

• Love 3