Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: North by Knockwurst

sausage store 

Exterminator: The Usual Bugspects

Burger(s) of The Day: I kept missing them, one of them was a pun on "Go Tell It On The Mountain.", The Glazed and Infused Burger

I'm with Louise, Spirit Week always sucked.

Loved seeing Mort again. Love that everyone got squicked out at "UrnThis." He's a mortician, it was perfectly him.

Of course the most important part of looking for Wharfy is to buy a hat with a little anchor on it to wear on the boat.

Gene was once again great in this episode. Of course he'd go to school naked for Pajama Day, and his idea for 80s Day was to dress up as Shirley MacLaine from Steel Magnolias.

"You're the perfect amount of Nick Nolte's mugshot." I have to agree.

Bob's "Everythingness" daydream was amazing. I can't get over the image of the Bob Truck.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Gene['s] idea for 80s Day was to dress up as Shirley MacLaine from Steel Magnolias.

That was amazing. "Steel Magnolias" is probably my favorite movie. I bet Linda makes the kids watch the movie. Of course Gene likes it.

• Love 4

Nice to see Louise have a bit of fun, as the search for Warfy continues! "Just four people looking for a sea monster...and a third husband for one of them..."

Of course Gene saw 80s Day and thought of Shirley MacLaine from Steel Magnolias! Oh Gene, you are a true treasure. 

The Bob truck with his giant Bob mustache was a true sight to see. I always love Bob talking to food and the food talking back, its probably my favorite running joke. 

• Love 5

I liked seeing Louise make genuine friends outside of her little group and I liked that Tina totally picked up on what she was doing, but didn't make a big deal out of it. Gene remains outstanding, as usual.

I have been rewatching past seasons of Bob's Burgers (because I got myself the entire series on DVD for Christmas) and I remember us talking about how they haven't done an in-the-future episode and who people thought the kids would end up with. I'm still pulling for Tina and Zeke (seriously, she can't lose with Zeke, he's a gem), but I'm now rooting for Louise and Sasha to end up together. Regular Size Rudy wouldn't provide her with enough of a challenge and Logan is just an ass, so I'm pulling for Sasha. He's aloof, snobby, has a slightly mean streak but is still able to do the right thing (sometimes), and would not put up with Louise's crap. I think they could work. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 2

I guess I have always assumed Louise will end up with Zeke.  Kind of a Little Women thing where Zeke pines for Tina but ends up with the love of his life in Louise.

They would be amazing together.  Just think of how he would complement and rein in her deviousness.

I think thinkTina ends up like her Aunt Gayle, living alone and painting butts for art crawl.  Or maybe she ends up with Darryl.

• Love 2
On 2/23/2020 at 7:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Loved seeing Mort again. Love that everyone got squicked out at "UrnThis." He's a mortician, it was perfectly him.

Are we all in agreement that this is the perfect password?

20 hours ago, emma675 said:

I liked seeing Louise make genuine friends outside of her little group and I liked that Tina totally picked up on what she was doing, but didn't make a big deal out of it.

I don't recall an adventure of Louise on her own outside of the siblings. I did enjoy how the 'in' was their collective 'meh' at spirit week. I was the same way. I had way too much shit to get done than to worry about what to wear. 

The girls all wow-ing and going on about the diarrhea face was funny. 

The chef was ridiculous and Bob not knowing why the food wasn't getting him was very much Bob. It was a quick line but when Bob was lamenting about not getting the food, Linda chimed in with - you're a great cook, who cares? 

I don't know if I see Tina as Aunt Gayle because Tina is way forward and would just ask out boys. I think she's always be dating or just go through bfs. Whether they don't last is because she's too intense or she gets bored with them. 

I never thought of Zeke and Louise but I could totally see him running here and there to bail her out of her schemes - *Zeke voice* You're an adventure! Come'mere girl, getcha some hugs! heheheh

Or Louise never gets out of the boys are dumb phase and decides to date girls. Actually I could see her doing that anyway and then getting sick of girls. 

Gene is totally Linda and will marry a long suffering spouse but they like the same movies. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Gene is totally Linda and will marry a long suffering spouse but they like the same movies. 

I just wonder if Gene switches sides. He's got a lot of...tendencies (not that there's anything wrong with that. The town they live in is a wonderfully open-minded place)

Bob sure has a well-developed fantasy life, what with all those inanimate things that talk to him. 

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

Of course Gene saw 80s Day and thought of Shirley MacLaine from Steel Magnolias! Oh Gene, you are a true treasure. 

As someone who use to watch that movie a lot, I cracked up at his "Shelby, drink your juice!"

I just love that Gene is so comfortable in his own skin, doing his own thing.

• Love 8

Neighbor: Hanna and her Transistors

Exterminator: Ant Acid

Burger(s) of The Day: Cloves Encounters Burgers, In Ricotta Da Vida Burger

"I'm yawning at your awning!" is right up there with "They'll say 'aww Topsy' at your autopsy!" in terms of cleverness.

"Bob, you're like an Ewok!" Yep, it's all the hair.

I loved everyone's song, and I needed to hear Rudy's so bad and he didn't disappoint. Of course Jimmy Jr. and Zeke's song won. As it should have.

I love Jocelyn so much. Her Bring A Stranger had chicken in her pockets, dare I want to know more of that story?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Oh I cracked up hard. 

Same.

Wagstaff, Wagstaff, you're a school! I wanna be inside of you!

It's stuck in my head. 

I like how Tammy's name song got the second-most applause. lol

Bring a Stranger to School Day would have made a great episode.

Another good episode.

I really need to see a Take a Stranger to Work Day. Jocelyn's had chicken in her pocket! 

That whaling song was horrifying, like god dang Wagstaff. The songs were all instant classics of course, including Tammy's, where she just lists every student at school kind of to music, and whatever it was that Rudy was going to do. Of course Zeke and Jimmy Jr when, with the best and most appropriate of all songs! "Dont tell your parents." 

The Bob and Jimmy plot was quite funny as well. "My eyesight has almost come back." *Runs into a plant.* 

• Love 1
On 2/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

and his idea for 80s Day was to dress up as Shirley MacLaine from Steel Magnolias.

I guess I have always assumed Louise will end up with Zeke.

but I'm now rooting for Louise and Sasha to end up together. Regular Size Rudy wouldn't provide her with enough of a challenge and Logan is just an ass, so I'm pulling for Sasha.

When they first showed Gene I thought he was dressed as a member of Dexy's Midnight Riders and now I have Come On Eileen stuck in my head.

Excuse me, but Louise Belcher is the future Mrs. Fischoelder. "I'm going to marry that man!" I totally believe Louise on that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

When they first showed Gene I thought he was dressed as a member of Dexy's Midnight Riders and now I have Come On Eileen stuck in my head.

How old are Louise and Bob that the classic '80s' songs would be in their wheelhouse that they'd introduce their kids to it? Or are they older and more into disco and Blondie, etc.?

• Love 1

Episode 15:

"Yurty Rotten Scoundrels"

Linda goes to Gayle’s artists’ workshop in a yurt. Louise and Gene search for a lost cat to collect a cash reward.

Airs March 8, 2020.

• Love 2

Neighbor: A Small Price Toupee discount hair pieces

Exterminator: Mite Club

Burger(s) of The Day: This Is What It Sounds Like When Cloves Fry Burger

You know this show's been on for a while when someone asks if Gayle took Derby two minutes in. That's how Gayle got Mr. Business. I like Gayle, but only in short doses. Wanting everyone to take off their clothes to wear smocks is just so weird, even for her. But I'll admit I felt bad about her that the only person to sign up was a hit piece blogger (and then it turned out she wasn't one). I did get a laugh when Gayle rose out of the bushes behind Tina.

I liked the cat plot when Rudy showed up.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: A Small Price Toupee discount hair pieces

Exterminator: Mite Club

Burger(s) of The Day: This Is What It Sounds Like When Cloves Fry Burger

The puns were on point tonight!

I love Gayle. LOL

I know Bob is mild but sometimes he is absolutely justified if he yelled at the kids. I mean Louise and Gene were being terrible in the restaurant. He's really got to talk with Linda seriously about Gayle too. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I feel like we saw more customers in the restaurant -- customers who aren't Teddy and Mort, that is -- in this episode than we ever have. It was very disorienting!

I said to my boyfriend, "Why are there so many customers all of the sudden?" Hahaha!

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I know Bob is mild but sometimes he is absolutely justified if he yelled at the kids. I mean Louise and Gene were being terrible in the restaurant. He's really got to talk with Linda seriously about Gayle too. 

During the episode I was thinking poor Bob, he has the patience of a saint. I mean I was laughing at Gene and Louise’s antics throughout, but yeah... poor Bob 😂 

• Love 4

"My sister! My daughter! My sister! My daughter!" *Smack* 

Poor Bob, his eternally long suffering "oh my Gods" whenever he knows his family and/or friends have gotten themselves into some new ridiculous situation never fails to crack me up. "Are you sure the cat isnt pranking us from the bathroom?"

Gails writers block song was surprisingly catchy! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Bob, his eternally long suffering "oh my Gods" whenever he knows his family and/or friends have gotten themselves into some new ridiculous situation never fails to crack me up. "Are you sure the cat isnt pranking us from the bathroom?"

Gails writers block song was surprisingly catchy! 

The Creative Block! I loved the song! There are consistently great songs for this show. Bravo.

• Love 2
On 3/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, tennisgurl said:

That was so unexpected and hilarious! I had to pause the DVR so I could laugh.

I also loved that Louise and Gene used Bob's drop-the-rag ruse.

• Love 3

Neighbor: Let's Talk About Ex, Baby

Divorce Counseling 

Exterminator: Bugshead Re-Squisheted

Burger(s) of The Day: The Happy Paint Patty's Day Burger

"Sold! To the man with the hot son!"

Bob just couldn't win tonight. He just wanted plates. But I do like it when Bob meets people sadder than him. Jules loves beekeeping, but he's allergic to bees.

Man, the whole plot with the green meat was gross as hell. I remember the green ketchup craze, I didn't want to get reminded of it. I think this whole virus thing is getting to me, all that green food and congregating was making me worried for everyone's safety.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

I liked that the kids wanted to go to the auction. 

It's was weird Linda and Teddy were so into the holiday. 

The idea for the sliders is actually good. I don't get why she wouldn't charge like two dollars or something. I didn't think they'd all come back so I'm glad Bob caught a break with more customers. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 6

I'm surprised I haven't heard a mustache being called a lip wig before.

Gene: Why does it look a Shrek exploded in here?

Bob: Oh my God, your mother went rogue.
Tina: No, she went brogue. Irish? Brogue? Get it?

I thought something more would come of the secret BBQ recipe, like auctioning it off.

• Love 6

Poor Bob just wanted plates. Yeah they should probably just say the plates were cursed, that seems like a much easier explanation than...what actually happened. 

On 3/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, peeayebee said:

Tina: No, she went brogue. Irish? Brogue? Get it?

"Nailed it T."

• Love 3