Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tina is in 8th grade and Louise in 4th grade.  In how many places would they go to the same school?  Where I live, some towns have middle schools, but others have elementary schools that are kindergarten through 8th grade.

52 minutes ago, Driad said:

Tina is in 8th grade and Louise in 4th grade.  In how many places would they go to the same school?  Where I live, some towns have middle schools, but others have elementary schools that are kindergarten through 8th grade.

We have some K-5 elementary with 6-8 for middle school, and a few K-8 and I live in Seattle.  I think K-8 started gaining popularity again in the last few years.

• Love 2

I have always had the impression that BB World is small and a tourist town. They've mentioned "seasonal" customers. I can imagine that there's a K-8 school and a 9-12 school. Because again, this is real to me.

• Love 10
On 5/21/2018 at 12:55 AM, flyingdi said:

Bob is excellent at cooking but really bad at getting along with people.  Is there anyone in town besides Teddy and Mort that actually like Bob?

23 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Marshmallow.  

And the rest of "nighttime friends." Plus, the Misters Fischoeder like Bob. I think most of the townspeople like him (except for folks like Jimmy Pesto & Edith), but if they don't care for him particularly, his fellow business owners respect him enough to follow his lead when Fischoeder tried to raise their rents.

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Louise and the rest of the kids getting their cards taken away because Louise broke the rules yet again? Because I didn't. Louise gets away with her constant rule breaking and disrespect of others all the time. 

Were the teachers "playing" the game with the cards, or were they going to destroy them? I wasn't clear. 

• Love 2

Which episode from this latest season do you think should be submitted for Emmy consideration? I know I loved V for Valentine-detta, but since they won last year for Bob Actually I doubt they'll want to invite comparisons between Valentine episodes. Maybe Something Old, Something New, Something Bob Caters for You? It's a great showcase for the show's character and particular brand of charm, and it has that great song.

Personally I laughed the hardest at Sit Me Baby One More Time, but I think the stronger episodes tend to focus on the family as a unit. I can see Mo Mommy Mo Problems being a contender in that sense.

• Love 1

Nat the limo driver and Tirimisu Warehouse were my favorite parts of V for Valentine-detta. 

I agree about focusing on the family as a unit. I tend to like the episodes where the family is together for most of the show, so the Thanksgiving and Christmas eps are actually my favorites. 

That said, I watched Something Old, Something New again yesterday, and it's kind of a perfect episode for me. Plus, I found the DIY wedding pretty sweet in the end, and I love Bob and Linda's song. 

• Love 3
On 5/26/2018 at 10:57 AM, ABitOFluff said:

That said, I watched Something Old, Something New again yesterday, and it's kind of a perfect episode for me. Plus, I found the DIY wedding pretty sweet in the end, and I love Bob and Linda's song. 

This is my son's new fave episode.

• Love 1

There was a barely visible and only partially visible burger of the day in the flashback to Bob's actual birthday. It was something like the "I have more eggsperience burger," with aged beef (? or maybe cheddar) with a fried egg on top.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, peeayebee said:

Linda: Oh go put a cannoli up your holey.

Jimmy: OooooOOOOooh!

I love that we keep learning about Jimmy Pesto’s sexual proclivities. Transvestite prostitutes, diaper stuff, butt stuff, what’s next?

• Love 1

I really hope they win.  It seems like the clear favorites (at least quality wise) is Bob's Burgers and Rick & Morty.  And while I am a fan of both, I feel V for Valentine-detta was a stronger episode than Pickle Rick.

11 hours ago, Matt K said:

I really hope they win.  It seems like the clear favorites (at least quality wise) is Bob's Burgers and Rick & Morty.  And while I am a fan of both, I feel V for Valentine-detta was a stronger episode than Pickle Rick.

Agreed. The Pickle Rick episode was a bit too memey for me, they should have went with another episode -- V for Valentine-detta is the best out of the two. For BB, my favourite for this season was the soccer episode or the Mother's Day episode. 

Convinced she's met the love of her life, Tina decides to disguise herself as a boy and sneak into the Boyz 4 Now auditions to find him. Back at the restaurant, Teddy asks the rest of the Belcher gang to nurse his baby rat back to health.

Airs September 30, 2018.

• Love 1

Desperate for the grand prize dune buggy at their local arcade, Louise, Tina and Gene devise a master plan, with the help of Mr. Fischoeder. Meanwhile, Teddy manages to convince Bob and Linda to take in a chicken by promising fresh eggs.

Airs October 7, 2018.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Paul's Risers

Bleachers, Platforms, and Stages

Exterminator: Flea's Just Not Into You

Burger(s) of The Day: The Dragon Fruit Me to Hell Burger

Tina falls in love with yet another boy at first sight. I love that everyone is so resigned that it won't last but encourage her anyway. Wait, was EVERY boy Tina fell for over the whole series in that song at the end? 

It took nine seasons for a plot about Tina disguising herself as a boy and nobody noticing. And oh my god, a Boyz3Now audition just caused her to go into overload. So many butts age 12 to 17 will do that. The last song in space was fantastic. Love that yeah, Boo Boo came back. How could you not love that slappable face?

"I like the rat more than I like all of you." Bob just laying it down. His reactions made that dumb baby rat plot worth it. And of course Hugo had to show up, and I like how he didn't fall for the baby rat at all. "As if he would eat at that table, it's ridiculous!" Loved Gene calling him a thirsty bitch.

I missed this show so very much. Welcome back.

• Love 9

THEY FINALLY OFFICIALLY NAMED THE TOWN AND IT'S THE NAME THE CAST GAVE IT YEARS AGO!!!

(Seymour's Bay, since they spend a lot of time in the editing bay with editor Mark Seymour)

Damn, I knew there would be Big Names for all those solos, but three leads from Book of Mormon and DAVEED FRIKKIN' DIGGS? I have to rewatch every single song now.

Loved the baby rat storyline too. Showed the family at their most bizarrely functional charm. And H. Jon Benjamin killed those lies with the rat in his undies.

• Love 9

Bob's immediate devotion to the baby rat was the best part of the ep.

Always a sucker for BB's original songs and we were treated to so many tonight! Bonus for boy crazy Tina. I loved how she had an entire narrative for how each boy would fall in love with her within seconds of meeting them. I also thought that the boy in the bathroom would turn out to be gay and start crushing on Tina as Dino, which would have created an interesting dilemma for her.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
mixed up episodes
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The only part of the episode that I did not like was the poop video. Even for comic relief and in a fictional, animated universe, everyone's apparent collective belief that little kids + potty things = hilarity just makes me crawl out of my skin with secondhand embarrassment. I was mortified on Tina's behalf. She truly is a dedicated babysitter.

Uhh I think you're merging two episodes together here.

5 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I also thought that the boy in the bathroom would turn out to be gay and start crushing on Tina as Dino, which would have created an interesting dilemma for her.

I was also expecting this, but I guess there wasn't enough time for another plotline?

• Love 2

I turned the episode off 10 minutes in, I was so disgusted.

I don't think stalking and harassment are the least bit funny, no matter the genders -- especially in this day and age. Tina is not "empowered," she's gross, and she's creepy as fuck, whether she's forcing herself on Jimmy Junior (who clearly does not consent to being kissed or otherwise touched by her) or creeping on random boys.

If she was "Daniel" the oldest Belcher son as originally envisioned in the pilot, there would be no small amount of pearl-clutching and screeching at the pervert dressing like a girl, sneaking into a girls' audition, and ogling them in the bathroom. But it's OK because it's a girl doing it, and it's just her hormones? Reverse that argument that it's just boys' hormones that make them creep on girls, and let's see how that goes over. Bob and Linda need to sit her down and tell her her behavior is inappropriate.

And once again, Teddy is an asshole who browbeats Bob. Bob was right -- a rat in a restaurant is disgusting (and a health code violation). If I had been a customer and I overheard them talking about a rat in a box, I would have walked out immediately.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

THEY FINALLY OFFICIALLY NAMED THE TOWN AND IT'S THE NAME THE CAST GAVE IT YEARS AGO!!!(Seymour's Bay, since they spend a lot of time in the editing bay with editor Mark Seymour)

Thanks for the info. When I heard the town name I wondered if we had heard it before.

Damn, I knew there would be Big Names for all those solos, but three leads from Book of Mormon and DAVEED FRIKKIN' DIGGS? I have to rewatch every single song now.

Gosh, I KNOW! I couldn't identify the voices, so I paused the credits to see the names. I'm going to have to rewatch, too.

I loved all the songs. Those were the best part.

• Love 2

So many great songs! I love that not only did Tina instantly fall in love with each boy she made eye contact with, her songs were always these super specific scenarios based around her extremely limited interaction with them. And Louise will never be over her favorite boo.

All the Belchers parenting a baby rat is them at their weird, lovable best. "I have so much respect for this man." Although, yeah, having a rat in their restaurant, even a baby rat in a box, is obviously a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Love 7
On 9/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, Mockingbird said:

Loved Linda saying that she wasn’t sold on Jimmy Jr. under her breath. Same, Linda. Same. 

Zeke FTW. 

9 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

That is the gayest car (male division)

I thought he was too, but they made him seem straight at the end of the sequence. 

There wasn't really much to the episode, but I always like a lot of singing and the sequences were all funny. 

• Love 4
On 10/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, ganesh said:

Zeke FTW. 

Always and forever!

I loved that Tina wasn't the only girl to successfully pass as a boy to get close to the band.  And her songs had me rolling!

• Love 4

Neighbor: We'll Always Have Ferrets

Exotic Pets

Exterminator: A Farewell To Ants

Burger(s) of The Day: Won't Baguette ---led Again Burger. The word under Baguette was blocked.

$10,000 tickets for a dune buggy seems cheap. But then I haven't been to a non-Dave & Busters arcade in years, it might be the norm.

And goddamnit Teddy. He's afraid his hypothetical cats will kill his actual chicken. Liked Bob and Linda trying to sing, and Bob singing Amazing Grace was, well, amazing.

I loved the kids plot better. I like when Fisch is working WITH them and not against. And then in typical Fisch fashion, he double crossed the kids. But loved their double cross. "NEVER screw over Louise" is a lesson that needs to be learned several times.

"We're money twins."
"That's what I call my testicles!" Gene once again never disappointed with one liners.

"I know how to smile!"
"What about you?"
"I know how everyone's gonna die."

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Neighbor: We'll Always Have Ferrets

I think they missed on this one. It should have been "We'll Always Have Parrots."

Loved the kids' story with Mr. Fischoeder and all the double-crossing. Glad that Teddy's story was barely a C plot. 

• Love 5