Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BooksRule said:

I thought I had posted here about this a while back, but I got 'The Bob's Burgers Music Album' (the CD version) a few months ago, and it's so good.  It's a a great CD to listen to while you're driving (although if the windows are down, you can get some strange looks from people in other cars at stop lights).  

'Lifting up the skirt of the night' was my favorite, but now I think that 'Bad stuff happens in the bathroom' is my new favorite.  It's such a good song to sing along with any time.

I want this album so badly! 

I want this album so badly! 

I got mine at Barnes & Noble.  I think they even had it in stock and I didn't have to order it.  It was $17.99, but I'm sure I had a 20% coupon or something so I could get a discount (that's the only time I buy from there--if they are having a sale or I have a coupon!). 

When a new playground game is introduced, the school's social hierarchy is turned upside-down and Gene disapproves. Meanwhile, Linda fills in for the local library storyteller and pulls out all the stops to perfect her storyteller persona.

Neighbor: Don’t Comb Around Here No More

Gifts for Bald Men

Exterminator: Ant Too Proud To Bug

Burger(s) of The Day: Step Into The Okra-Tagon Burger, Havarti Like It’s 1999 Burger, Smells Like Bean Spirit Burger, Corn This Way Burger

Finally, an episode where Rudy (er, The Rudester) gets to shine. Mr. Frond actually called him Rudy and not Regular-Sized Rudy. And man, love how everyone got obsessed with Ga-Ga Ball, even (especially) Bob.

I really felt for gene when Monkey Booby Man was cut down, and feeling for Zeke now that the power dynamic changed on him. I was totally a kid like them during recess.

"Let them play with their balls, let's play with our bushes!" Was now expe

"Don't make me get up, I'm VERY comfortable."

"You sounded pretty intense when you said that." 

I love Ms. Lebonz getting to shine, too. Women like her were totally the people that watched over recess.

"I'm using punk rock to take on the man!"
"Just like The Wiggles!"

Edited by Galileo908
Corrected Burger of The Day
  • Love 2

I feel like I’ve been had. I didn’t read the episode description because I wanted everything to be a total surprise after this long break (“Sorry we’re late, Bob had diarrhea”), but that was NOT what I was expecting. I thought we were going to have this Lady Gaga-centric episode with Gene or maybe Linda leading the charge and everyone else falling in line.

Instead, we get . . . ga-ga ball. Why did Frond name it that, anyway?

I can’t even think of my favorite lines from the episode, I’m just so crestfallen right now. (Queen Latifah, give me strength!) 

It's a real thing?! WOW

I liked it because they took away Gene's thing with the shrubs, and that's not fair to him because he wasn't bothering anyone. Certainly they could have made room for both. Frond was way out of line. 

Punky Bookster was a great idea. I actually would like it if Linda reading at the library was an ongoing thing. 

• Love 1

Cool to learn that this is a real thing. 

Jimmy Jr: I've got great dodging moves. I'm like the artful dodger.
Zeke: Dickens!

Monkey booby man is fun to say.

"Now if you'll excuse me, the wizard's gotta whiz."

I liked the little flashback to Mr Frond's childhood where he played with rolly pollies. (I played with them too.) Then the plastic cup that was the pope mobile. His Holy Rolly Polliness. 

I also liked the quick cut to Bob and Mort at the restaurant. "Did you say something?" "No."

• Love 1
13 hours ago, link417 said:

I can’t even think of my favorite lines from the episode,

My favorite line was when they were sitting around the kitchen table brainstorming what book Linda should read and Tina says, "The Giving Tree really messed me up so not that."

Just so throwaway and deadpan I almost died!

• Love 8

Haha, it's funny to me that people didn't know that ga-ga ball was a real thing. How weird that must have been during the episode.

It's quite popular with kids around here, so I could totally see it getting a bunch of recess hype as the new thing.

Edited by Ikki
7 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Cool to learn that this is a real thing. 

Jimmy Jr: I've got great dodging moves. I'm like the artful dodger.
Zeke: Dickens!

Monkey booby man is fun to say.

"Now if you'll excuse me, the wizard's gotta whiz."

I liked the little flashback to Mr Frond's childhood where he played with rolly pollies. (I played with them too.) Then the plastic cup that was the pope mobile. His Holy Rolly Polliness. 

I also liked the quick cut to Bob and Mort at the restaurant. "Did you say something?" "No."

Me too :)

9 hours ago, TresGatos said:

My favorite line was when they were sitting around the kitchen table brainstorming what book Linda should read and Tina says, "The Giving Tree really messed me up so not that."

Just so throwaway and deadpan I almost died!

I don't usually agree with Tina but she is on the nose about that atrocity of a book! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

They are not Roly Pokies, they are potato bugs!

I know they're called by a few different names, but when I hear "potato bug", I picture one of the ugliest bugs ever.

7 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Was The Wizard Kevin Kline? I didn't see any credit for him.

I thought it was Kline, too.

4 hours ago, flyingdi said:

“Potato bug” is a new one for me. I once had a teacher that called them “pill bugs,” but other than that, it’s always been roly poly.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I know they're called by a few different names, but when I hear "potato bug", I picture one of the ugliest bugs ever.

I thought it was Kline, too.

Ew!  I've never seen that bug before!

13 minutes ago, link417 said:

“Potato bug” is a new one for me. I once had a teacher that called them “pill bugs,” but other than that, it’s always been roly poly.

I have also heard pill bug but not roly polies.  Maybe its a regional thing?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I have also heard pill bug but not roly polies.  Maybe its a regional thing?

Most likely. Texas was the “pill bug” teacher and I’ve never lived in the West/Midwest/PNW.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2018 at 7:03 PM, flyingdi said:

Yes! I've always called them potato bugs.

On 3/13/2018 at 2:13 AM, Monty said:

Aw, good for Mr. Frond! He so rarely gets to have a success instead of being a dope who gets dunked on.

Granted he got carried away, but it wasn't his fault the the whole school got into the game and alienated some of the other kids. I felt they blamed him unfairly. 

• Love 1

When the kids are given the task of making homemade gifts for their grandma's birthday, they set out to find a secret room filled with homemade ceramics which, according to urban legend, has been boarded up for years at their school. Meanwhile, Teddy starts a phone repair service and the adults become determined to improve his online rating.

Neighbor: Fuggetaboutit 

Hard Drive Wiping

Exterminator: Captain Under Ants

Burger(s) of The Day: The Sous-Vide and The Banshees Burger, The Full Head of Heir-loom Tomato Burger, The What's Kala-Mata You Burger, The We Bought A Zucchini Burger

"Aww, Genie's weenie."

Gotta love Bob being so blunt about the crappy homemade gifts. "Grandma could DIE this year."

I always love a caper with the kids, with Mr. Ambrose egging them on. Man, they just keep making Mr. Frond more pathetic, yet more sympathetic, aren't they? Wasn't crazy about the Teddy plot, though. My patience is wearing pretty thin with him.

"What's all this cocaine doing in school? Throw it away!"

"Think of it as the gift card of homemade gifts."

• Love 7

I always love a caper with the kids, with Mr. Ambrose egging them on. Man, they just keep making Mr. Frond more pathetic, yet more sympathetic, aren't they? Wasn't crazy about the Teddy plot, though. My patience is wearing pretty thin with him.

I agree about the school caper plot.  I always thought that it would be cool to find a secret room in school.  I also agree about Teddy.  Very annoying.  I probably would have thrown him out after the first dropped screw.  Definitely when he began singing along with the jazz music.

Tina:  'We're gonna get expelled'.  Gene:  'How do they do that?  Out of a cannon or something?'

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 4

Teddy is such a fucking, inconsiderate asshole. I both dread and hate every scene he's in. The character is not funny at all. I still say one of these days he's going to massacre Bob and the kids and lock Linda in his basement as a sex slave. 

1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

Teddy is such a fucking, inconsiderate asshole.

I don't have that much of a problem with Teddy, but he was over the line here. Especially since the entire family has been so nice to him; e.g., thanksgiving. I just don't know why he would think working at the restaurant would be ok. 

Mr Frond two weeks in a row, and I love how he doesn't talk down to the kids. 

• Love 4
On 3/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, AConspiracy said:

‘Bob’s Burgers’ Movie Ordered Up For 2020

http://www.infolounges.com/2018/02/bobs-burgers-movie-ordered-up-for-2020.html

On 3/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, link417 said:

Hell yeah, I can’t wait! And I didn’t know they won an Emmy this year, alriiight!

Meh. For me, half-hour animated shows don't work as feature length movies. I never thought the Simpsons movie was very good. 

• Love 1

I agree about Teddy. I usually either like him or think he's ok, but here I had had it. 

Loved the kids' caper. At the end it was nice that Louise realized a bogus handmade gift was a terrible idea, and then they used the ceramics room to actually make gifts.

Louise: It was a huge smoky mess.
Gene: Like Winston Churchill!

Louise: I think we're gonna have to talk to grownups.
Gene: More like GROAN-ups.

• Love 2

Not to mention working at the counter had to be some type of health hazard, and those guys have no love for Bob, so Teddy was screwing over his only friend. Go work in the basement if you have to. 

Plus the cord across to the outlet was a massive trip hazard. I don't understand how Bob even walked back there without ducking. Still, Bob is a doormat. Tell Teddy he can work there in a booth if he wants and buys something at least every two hours. If there are no outlets in any booths (although I'm pretty sure I've seen one on the wall in a booth before with scenes with the kids doing stuff in a booth), then oops, too bad Teddy, nowhere here for you to work. The basement wouldn't really help since he was there because he wanted to be around people. But seriously, Bob should've told him to GTFO after the first hour. This should not take four days to come to a head. (I'm going off the number of changes to the burger of the day).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, theatremouse said:

The basement wouldn't really help since he was there because he wanted to be around people.

I think that's what makes me not mind Teddy, or at least understand why he was acting this way in the episode: he was lonely.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

I think that's what makes me not mind Teddy, or at least understand why he was acting this way in the episode: he was lonely.

But he's a bully who overreacts and goes into a rage whenever he's contradicted. I'd be very concerned about about my physical safety around Teddy. What makes it worse is that the writers clearly love the character.

I don't know if I'd go so far to say he's a bully. He's not going to the restaurant every day to intimidate Bob, but he does have boundary issues and tends to have way too many emotional outbursts for an adult. He also was actually good with the kids when Bob and Linda asked him to sit for them. 

• Love 3

Tina allows Tammy to spend Spring Break with the Belchers - and even plays Cupid, setting up Tammy with Brett, a boy from out of town. Then, Gene and Bob enlist the help of Dr. Yap in finding a replacement baby tooth to complete Linda's collection, after Gene loses his own.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, ganesh said:

I don't know if I'd go so far to say he's a bully. He's not going to the restaurant every day to intimidate Bob, but he does have boundary issues and tends to have way too many emotional outbursts for an adult. He also was actually good with the kids when Bob and Linda asked him to sit for them. 

I agree. And he took (or tried to take) good care of Bob when he was hurt in the Wolf of Wharf Street, even though it meant chasing Bob down while carrying a table on his back.

He does have serious boundary issues but he considers the Belchers like family, I think. They’ve had their boundary issues, too (making themselves at home in the house Teddy was looking after). And in this episode, even though Bob kept muttering objections to what Teddy was doing, Linda was all the while giving him the okay. A normal person would have erred on the side of caution and deferred to the objectioning party, but this is Teddy, LOL.

Edited by link417
Fat-fingered it
  • Love 1

Neighbor: The Wizard of Gauze

New and Used Wrappings

Exterminator: They Termite Be Giants

Burger(s) of The Day: The Olive What She's Having Burger (I missed the one at the beginning of the episode), The Rosemary's Baby Spinach Burger

This was a good ep, but yeah, Tammy is the worst (say it like Jean-Ralphio. Obviously they're both played by Jenny Slate). Tammy stole everything from Tina, even the meet cute with Andy Samberg. "Do you think if snakes wore pants, it'd just be a sock?" He's perfect for Tina!

"Where's the rest of Michael Caine, you monster?!" That b-plot with Gene's teeth was weird as hell, and OF COURSE he swallows the tooth they went through all the trouble for.

"Bethesda? Is that where Jesus is from?"

• Love 6