Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Binging with Babish made some of Bob's Burgers! He made the Baby You Can Chive My Car burger with fried pickle wheels, the Bet It All on Black Garlic burger with black garlic aka the Stupid Black Garlic burger, and the Meatsiah (beef tartare inside a medium well burger inside a burger wellington).

• Love 2

Finally watched this.  Not all of it.  Just the part my DVR decided to pick up after the show was delayed due to a stupid football game.  I didn't really like the episode, and fast forwarded through the singing parts.  What happened after Linda called the cops?  My DVR cut off at that part.

Neighbor: Gloves, Actually

Exterminator: Shall We Ants?

Burger(s) of The Day: The Shut Me Up And Swiss Me Burger

"I know what I want to be when I grow up: that limo!"

"There's an important lesson in peeing in stuff you wanna keep!"

Gene, never change.

God, I loved how much Louise bonded with that limo driver. I want Nat to come back so bad. "I knew I'd find my real mom someday." Speaking of Louise, her makeover was amazing. And yeah, the entire scheme was great. How great was Tina rescuing Becky from Jimmy Jr.?

Of course Tammy is all-in on the scheme because it's to do something mean.

How does this show do holiday shows so well? Once again another home run!

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 9

I appreciated that it wasn't some big misunderstanding with Tina and Jimmy. I feel like they've done that before. I loved seeing Linda, Louise, and Nat (a new favorite!) supporting Tina. And yes for Tina and Becky becoming friends. Loved all if it.

Nat really needs to become a recurring character. She is perfection.

• Love 6

Nat is the best new character since regular-sized Rudy was introduced! She is utter perfection! Which just goes to show that people that Louise likes are awesome. 

The more I hear "Thomas Hanks" the funnier it gets! 

The Tiramisu warehouse is definitely something that should exist, the mega-misu flight sounds life enhancing. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 5

Tiramisu is my favorite dessert, so I can only dream of the Tiramisu Warehouse.

I cracked up when I saw Louise's "makeover". I love this show so much.

The stink bombs took me back to middle school (1980s). I forgot about those.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 5

I loved Nat, too. I kept trying to place the voice, but it was Jillian Bell, whom I do not know. Anyway, great character.

I also loved how the Tina/Jimmy/Becky story resolved itself. Girl Power! I hope Tina is over him now.

It took me a while to "get" Louise's face. At first I thought she'd gotten some weird teeth implants, but then I saw her real mouth. 

Cracked me up when Gene said, "I miss Tina's bones."

• Love 5

I commend Tina for being mature, but I'm just over Jimmy Jr. He's a bag. I feel like it's a disservice to Tina that she hasn't moved on by now. It just makes her look pathetic. And she's not. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Nat is the best new character since regular-sized Rudy was introduced! She is utter perfection!

Maybe they should bring her back and introduce her to Teddy..

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of The Day: The Shut Me Up And Swiss Me Burger

Wasn't it "The Shut Up and Swiss Me Burger"?

Such a fun episode! Love the girl power song and that Louise's thought process for her makeover was "nightmares." I literally LOL'd when Gene finally let go but Bob didn't. This episode is up there with "Silence of the Louise" and "Sit Me Baby One More Time" as my favorite episodes of the season so far.

• Love 3

I cackled at Louise's makeover.  And Nat is her "real mom" had me howling.  I agree with those who said Nat would be perfect for Teddy.  They are so weird individually that together it would be very weird in an awesome way.

Tina, it is time to move on from Jimmy, Jr.  He's a douche bag and you can do so much better. 

That all said, I wasn't feeling Bob and Gene's bit. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ganesh said:

I commend Tina for being mature, but I'm just over Jimmy Jr. He's a bag. I feel like it's a disservice to Tina that she hasn't moved on by now. It just makes her look pathetic. And she's not. 

Yes! I know shows like this like to maintain the status quo, but it's got to be time for Tina to move on. She's better than him. She deserves better than him. He's just an ass. Using a gift from one girl to display the picture of another girl is next level jerk. Bringing a girl out on Valentine's Day to dump her is awful. Especially when you remember that Jimmy's parents are her ride home. He is such a selfish piece of trash and I am over Tina being into him.

• Love 4

Seriously. I've never been a Jimmy Jr fan. Usually, he's just a clueless idiot. This was the first time he was really just mean. It's like, enough's enough.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

Jimmy Jr.'s a real wang.

Great episode, though! Even better if it marks at least the peak of Tina's ill-fated crush and others start becoming serious contenders *cough*Zeke*cough*. 

• Love 8

Tiramisu Warehouse sounds like the most amazing place to ever place. 

Great episode, especially everything with Nat, and how much Louise immediately bonded with her. "I always knew I would find my real mom". 

Add me to the Tina/Zeke train! Its all right there, Tina! 

Of course Tammy helps out when she finds out something mean is going to come of it. 

• Love 4

Tina is my least-favorite character on the show -- I'm really creeped out by how pervy she is -- but even I have wanted her to get over this stupid crush on Jimmy Jr. He's a dick who toys with her when it suits him. Hopefully this is something that remains, and we don't see her pining for him in a future episode.

Zeke has never made a secret that he wants to marry Tina someday.

On 1/15/2018 at 0:08 AM, peeayebee said:

I loved Nat, too. I kept trying to place the voice, but it was Jillian Bell, whom I do not know. Anyway, great character.

Does she voice other characters on the show? I swear Nat sounded like the Thunder Girls troop leader and the magazine-scam artist lady and several other female characters.

• Love 2

I just looked up Becky Crespy's area code (201) on a whim and it is in fact in New Jersey! Yet another clue pointing there for the location of Seymour's Bay (not the actual town name, just what the voice actors call it, I think after one of their editors).

On 1/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, bad things are bad said:

What about that other dancing guy? Let's have him back for Tina!

The only thing I DIDN'T like about this episode is that it's really early for a Valentine's Day ep. Does that mean no new Bob's for a month??

*Tina voice* hehh hehh hehh hehh

Josh, I liked Josh cause he was ready to actually date Tina, whereas Jimmy Jr has always been unwilling to really make that decision.

• Love 2
On 1/18/2018 at 8:06 AM, ari333 said:

Wait. Tina was a boy in the pilot?

Yup, "Daniel."

Edited for clarity: Not "pilot" as in Season 1, Episode 1, but "pilot" as in the first treatment (is that the right word? I'm not familiar with the industry terms)/original concept.

Edited by link417

I just realized you can see Louise in the rear-view mirror when Nat is talking, I love the little details on this show. I've been going through withdrawals, can't believe I have to wait until mid-March to see another episode.

• Love 1

This reran the other night and yeah, still great.

"Wolves aren't real, Linda."

On 10/22/2017 at 7:58 PM, Galileo908 said:

Teddy as a Sexy Nurse was the perfect compliment to this.

"I'll hold your penis while you pee, Bob" was so perfectly wrong given the context.

• Love 1

I thought I had posted here about this a while back, but I got 'The Bob's Burgers Music Album' (the CD version) a few months ago, and it's so good.  It's a a great CD to listen to while you're driving (although if the windows are down, you can get some strange looks from people in other cars at stop lights).  

'Lifting up the skirt of the night' was my favorite, but now I think that 'Bad stuff happens in the bathroom' is my new favorite.  It's such a good song to sing along with any time.

• Love 2