Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wish there was an outstanding animation cast nomination, how do you pick just one person out of all the actors? Kevin's great, but there are weeks where I watch and just think how amazing and hilarious everyone's line readings are.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Too many to count.

Exterminator: Likewise.

Burger(s) of The Day: The Blanc Canvas Burger (comes with fromage blanc), Topless The Morning To You Burger

Oh man, the fanart episode! It looked all kinds of amazing. It actually got kind of distracting at times with how often the art style changed. Some styles were obviously better than others, it really makes you appreciate the regular art style. Hell, Linda's head was gigantic at a few points, it was so off-putting and weird. Bob talking to inanimate objects will never not be funny, no matter what style the show is animated in.

"What am I holding?"
"That's a knife. You're about to stab dad."
"Oh yeah."

Loved Linda's Sex in The City cutaway.

The police code for a Brunch Brawl is a 10-10 Over Easy. I love it.

• Love 6

Loved Linda's Sex in The City cutaway.

Gene as Samantha had me on the floor.

The constant switching of animation was really distracting, but at the same time, it's nice to see that the show has a dedicated fan base to put the effort to re visualize the characters in their own way.  

• Love 5

I agree it was distracting, not just the switching from scene to scene, but just watching the different styles and hearing the familiar voices come out of weird faces. I appreciate the experiment, but once is enough.

• Love 4

Yeah, I agree. The different styles were very clever, but I wish they'd have just kept them to the intro and credits. I also found it distracting. I will always love Gene in the burger suit and its variations.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I enjoyed the animation but was bored by the story. 

Agreed. Not one of their better stories, although Mr. Fish and Felix are always fun. I think the point of the episode was just to showcase the different styles of animation. 

• Love 2

The animation was interesting, I liked that they explored with arts styles for the episode. As others have said, the plot itself was just alright, but the episode seemed to exist mainly to show off the various art styles, some of which looked good, and some of which looked awful. 

• Love 1

I really wanted to like this one. And actually it wasn't the artwork that didn't work for me. 

I really just wish they would let the Belcher's have a win once in a while! There was no reason that Bruch couldn't have been successful, given Bob's passion for eggs and Linda's full strength mimosas.  It is disheartening that the Belcher's never come out ahead! We are on 8 seasons now, they are all awesome in their own way, I'd like to see the family get a win just once!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I really wanted to like this one. And actually it wasn't the artwork that didn't work for me. 

I really just wish they would let the Belcher's have a win once in a while! There was no reason that Bruch couldn't have been successful, given Bob's passion for eggs and Linda's full strength mimosas.  It is disheartening that the Belcher's never come out ahead! We are on 8 seasons now, they are all awesome in their own way, I'd like to see the family get a win just once!

Me too!  Especially Bob, he's starting to rival Meg from Family Guy.  

I liked the fan artwork; it was weird, but cool.

• Love 2

I like that they're trying things and I appreciated the visual interest of a lot of the fan art, but this wasn't a successful experiment for me.  I wish the story had connected to the changing look somehow, even just thematically, so it didn't feel like a gimmick laid on top of an unrelated story.  Or maybe it would have helped if they just didn't change it quite so many times.  As it was, the rapidly changing art just became distracting.

• Love 3

Yay! This is surprising news! I never thought about the show getting a movie but I am thrilled it is.

Is it petty that I am especially pleased Bob's Burgers is getting a movie before Family Guy, even though it hasn't been around as long? Feels like quality is being rewarded...

• Love 3
On 10/1/2017 at 6:06 PM, mtlchick said:

The constant switching of animation was really distracting, but at the same time, it's nice to see that the show has a dedicated fan base to put the effort to re visualize the characters in their own way.  

The anime one was an obvious style, but I thought the kids looked fantastic. The one where Linda said "Don't go in our room" when her and Bob went out, she looked good. 

I also liked how if they got a dog, Linda let Bob get another wife, and Linda liked her. 

The eggs were getting bitchy to Bob. 

I would have thought that they would have made a ton on all the drinks, but then the blogger implied they were "bottomless". That probably wasn't a good idea. 

I thought the blogger was going to be snooty, but he turned out to be actually nice. 

Switching Felix into the suit was brilliant, but too bad he couldn't make that extra minute. 

I thought the changing animation was a little jarring, and would have preferred it to be part of the story, but I can imagine all those people must have been thrilled to see their work on tv. So good for them, and good for the show for being so welcoming. 

• Love 3

When Mr. Frond's therapy dolls are mysteriously attacked, Louise teams up with Millie to help solve the case. Meanwhile, Teddy decides to get into the inspirational poster business, but ends up with mixed results.

Neighbor: That Thong You Do

Exterminator: Gone Insect-Vonds

Burger(s) of The Day: Burrata Be __w Burger (Linda kept blocking the third word), Weekend At Bearnaise Burger

"That is not cool, reading." 

Millie is super duper creepy. You'd think leaving kids to die in that fort would've made her seen the error of her ways, but...nope. But I'll admit, I enjoyed Louise & Millie's budding friendship, as screwed up as it was.

• Love 2

Millie is totally creepy! Tina had the best description of her; "not psycho, but definitely psych-ish". 

I enjoy any episode that features Louise predominantly, and this was a solid one. But what ever happened to Jessica from the slumber party? She and Louise were hilarious and that was one of my favorite episodes! 

It was definitely eye opening to see Millie's house and especially her bedroom. Her mother seems unexpectedly normal (possibly a ruse). But people probably say the same thing about Bob and Linda after meeting their kids!

And between the murderous Tickle Boat and this heinous water park it really seems like there aren't any Health & Safety officers anywhere in town. It makes for hardy children I guess. 

1 hour ago, CaptainTightpants said:

And between the murderous Tickle Boat and this heinous water park it really seems like there aren't any Health & Safety officers anywhere in town. It makes for hardy children I guess. 

The closest we have are Hugo and Ron as health inspectors, and it seems that Hugo only cares about inspecting Bob's Burgers.

19 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Exterminator: Gone Insect-Vonds

I don't get this.

Loved this ep. Everything with Millie was great. Loved when she called Tina and Gene "Not-Louise-Girl" and "Not-Louise-Boy."

The visual thru Millie's window of Louise, Tina, and Gene jumping on the trampoline was great. I absolutely loved that the first time Gene pops up, a poof of glitter glue pops up as well.

The poster plot was ok. I thought the woman was voiced by Alison Janney, but I was wrong.

18 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I don't get this.

Loved this ep. Everything with Millie was great. Loved when she called Tina and Gene "Not-Louise-Girl" and "Not-Louise-Boy."

The visual thru Millie's window of Louise, Tina, and Gene jumping on the trampoline was great. I absolutely loved that the first time Gene pops up, a poof of glitter glue pops up as well.

The poster plot was ok. I thought the woman was voiced by Alison Janney, but I was wrong.

The exterminator was actually "Gone Insect-Y Seconds Exterminators."

I loved this episode. I thought the first one of the season was an interesting experiment, but I'm glad to be back to a normal and mostly all-kids episode. The poster plot was just all right, but Bob getting sucked into it (sort of) was funny. I thought the mystery was well done, too. Darn those expensive Keurig pods! (Psst: get them at Costco, teachers.)

ETA: Maybe the other burger was "Burrata be a law burger"? As a take on "there oughta be a law?"

Edited by MichelleAK
Beefsquatch!
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

I loved this episode. I thought the first one of the season was an interesting experiment, but I'm glad to be back to a normal and mostly all-kids episode. The poster plot was just all right, but Bob getting sucked into it (sort of) was funny. I thought the mystery was well done, too. Darn those expensive Keurig pods! (Psst: get them at Costco, teachers.)

ETA: Maybe the other burger was "Burrata be a law burger"? As a take on "there oughta be a law?"

It was "Slaw."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Yeah, you're right. I guess I hit "post" before clarifying that.

2 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:
2 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

It was "Slaw."

That makes sense.

On Halloween night, Linda tries to impress the kids by taking them to look for a wolf that has been terrorizing the town. Meanwhile, an injured and medicated Bob believes that Teddy has turned into a werewolf.

Neighbor: Freddie Kugel Halloween Noodles

Exterminator: Polter-Mice

Cher-iff is one of the better Linda costumes. As was Louise as Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men. It seems that mom-themed costumes are Tina's thing, as she's a Mom-bie this year (she was a Mommy Mummy a few years ago).

Kinda sad that no one believed Bob about the wolf. 

On 10/19/2017 at 11:28 AM, PinkRibbons said:

Medicated Bob is one of the top 5 Bobs, so I am very much looking forward to this!

Teddy as a Sexy Nurse was the perfect compliment to this.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

Teddy as a Sexy Nurse was the perfect compliment to this.

I thought his shiny stockings were the perfect touch!

Gene:  'Let's go turn some tricks!'  Bob:  'Gene, don't say that.'

The alpaca was cute.  I hope we see it again.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I thought his shiny stockings were the perfect touch!

They really were. I love the attention to detail on this show.

Cher-iff was very clever. I also loved Louise's costume, but how did she manage to watch THAT movie?

Can someone fill me in on everyone's past Halloween costumes?

Mr. Fishoeder: Hello, Lady-Bob.

I think Gene had my favorite lines:

• That DID sound like one of Mom's chardonnay farts.
  • It sounded like the noise I made when Felicity cut her hair.
  • And with that rousing speech we march to our death.
  • Mother, I've never been more attracted to you.
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, peeayebee said:

"We all want wives, too! I'm gonna name mine Melanie." (EDIT: Michelle.)

and

"I'm really regretting sprinkling cinnamon and sugar and myself this morning!"

21 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Bob had the perfect reaction to Linda saying the margarita's were almost ruined when he peed in the blender.

"Remember that time you peed in the blender? You almost ruined that smoothie." That had to have been my favorite line tonight, and there were lots of them.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Bob seems to have a long history of having bad experiences with pain killers on this show. I remember him mistaking Linda's sister for her after a dentist appointment and I think he was on pain meds for his CRT from playing Burgertime^H^H^H^HBoss. I am sure there are more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

Bob seems to have a long history of having bad experiences with pain killers on this show. I remember him mistaking Linda's sister for her after a dentist appointment and I think he was on pain meds for his CRT from playing Burgertime^H^H^H^HBoss. I am sure there are more.

Housetrap where Linda thinks Helen, the owner of the house Teddy is tending to, murdered her late husband and she keeps giving Bob painkillers.

29 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I missed that one! When did he say it?

He's going to name her Michelle.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

They really were. I love the attention to detail on this show.

Cher-iff was very clever. I also loved Louise's costume, but how did she manage to watch THAT movie?

Can someone fill me in on everyone's past Halloween costumes?

Mr. Fishoeder: Hello, Lady-Bob.

Gene was Queen Latifa in Big Bars. It was one of the early H'ween eps.  Maybe the first one.  Tina was a mummy but I forgot what Louise did.  And one year the 3 of them were going to be a dragon that B&L were making.  Thats all I can think of

• Love 2