Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Love the ep's title.

This was a good one. Zeke as the bailiff was a crackup. I've seen only a few Judge Judy-type shows, and he reminded me of those bailiffs.

Gene: 'Pretty sure' doesn't win trials, toots.

Judge: Technically you're right, but you're coming off a little whiney.

"Spoon-in-the-lid technology" makes me giggle.

I thought the other story line was ok. Loved when they were all at the computer, and Teddy says, "So THIS is the internet." Oh, and when Mort was talking about having his mother's bday party catered, Linda said, "If I was having a funeral I'd get my dead bodies from YOUR place."

• Love 2

Neighbor: Brush It Again Sam Refurbished Toothbrushes

Exterminator: No Country For Old Mice

Burger(s) of The Day: Citizen Kale Burger, I couldn't make out the second one, it looked like a pun of It Takes Two to Tango.

I really like how the show covered the stock "Willy Wonka Plot": realistically. Also, the Splatt factory's building was clearly modeled on Hershey's.

"He's a stranger that gave Gene candy."
"The best KIND of stranger!" 

It's weird to see Gene meet someone lazier than he is. But hey, Gene was passionate about his candy. Also, loved Linda going back for the candy.

Teddy's plot was fun, but ultimately fizzled out. Seeing Teddt gag was pretty gross.

• Love 1

This episode really didn't come together for me. For one thing, while Gene certainly crapped out on his homework, we've actually seen quite a bit of evidence that he does stick with things when he cares about them - he wrote a whole musical, he lead the kids to the 2-butted goat, his work with Courtney on the morning announcements, and whatever his relationship with the Outdoor Toilet. So the whole Popsicle-Acropolis thing just seemed shoe-horned in to justify the rest of the plot, which to me really wasn't funny enough to merit that justification. (Although I did enjoy Linda's love of candy; between that and the cat food, I worry about her teeth.)

As for the Bob/Teddy plot, while I do like it when those two team up, this was an incredibly weak effort from them. I like that Bob can't say no to any of his friends/family even when he knows better, but there was too much of Teddy heaving (for no real reason) and not enough Bob exasperation. Plus, was there ever any resolution to that plot? Did it really just end with them driving in the golf cart?

• Love 2

I kept thinking that the punchline to Bob and Teddy's story was that after all the runny and driving away, they would have been left with three balls, just like Teddy had before he went into the deeps. But they never went back to that plot so I guess enough balls survived.

• Love 4

I loved the way the hotel was animated to look exactly like how those chain hotels look--Clarion, Candlewood, etc. (not that there's anything wrong with them. I usually stay at that type when I travel).  The background was very familiar, right down to the ugly retina-burning pattern on the meeting room carpets. 

Gene's idea of a guy movie is 'Magic Mike'.  Hysterical.  

• Love 6

Of course Bob loved the heroine keynote speaker the most, because he was the one actually listening.

I feel like Linda really would be a SUPER embarrassing parent to have for a teenager. She's lucky all of her kids are so quirky anyway. I liked seeing Tina grow up and act like a teenager, just a little bit. Poor Tina. She finally finds a friend and Linda tries to mess it all up.

"heroine" Heh.

• Love 2

I understand Linda's anxiety about losing Tina, but I did not enjoy her actions in this.

Bob: Gene, seriously, no more apple juice for you.

Tina: As Bernadette [the astronaut] would say, Give me some space.

• Love 2

Exterminator: When a Stranger Crawls

I can't remember the exact wording, but Louise said something like, "What are we going to do with all this room without Mom and Tina's boobs taking up space?" I loved that.

When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher kids devise a plan to keep it running; Bob realizes that he could learn from Linda's customer service skills; Tina finds unexpected success on the debate team.

Sorry for the lack of commenting last week, I was on vacation and missed it.

Aquaticism:

Neighbor: Pro-Pain Accessories dominatrix supplies

Exterminator: DALE'S DEAD-BUG. I was happy to see these shout outs (Jim Dauterive also worked on KOTH)

Burger(s) of The Day: For Those About to Roquefort We Salute You Burger, The Oh Con-Pear Burger

"AND YOU'RE A BODY ODOR STORE WITH BURGERS!" Tina being sassy, I love it.

I atually like how seriously the kids took the whole situation with the keychain store, er, the aquarium. Louise actually being afraid to raise kids in Aquaticism was a great touch.

Bob having zero charm was fun to see. Of course the only person his "charm" works on was Linda.

"Everything was a red flag."
"Even our red flags?"

Ain't Miss Debatin:

Neighbor: Looks Like We're in For Nasty Leather

Exterminator: House of De-Buggin

Burger(s) of The Day: Easy A Burger(?) It was hard to make out; The Choys(?) Are Back In Town Burger

Looks like Henry/Tina was inevitable...at least for one episode. They're so alike, it's no surprise it wasn't going to work out. It was neat to hear Rhys Darby, and how Tina quickly fell for him. Happens to the best of us.

I quite liked the adventures of Meat Man. Once again, I liked how into it Louise, and then everyone else was.

Sasha was such a cruel, amusing dick.

"Humans for president!" Again, Tina's great when she's sassy.

• Love 2

The neighbor store went from "Pro-Pain Accessories Dominatrix Supplies" to "Looks Like We're in For Nasty Leather," which are practically the same store. I'm going to assume they just changed their name but stayed open two weeks, which makes them the most successful neighbors Bob's ever had.

• Love 6

"You smell like you like sandwiches" is the best bad pick-up line I've ever heard. Bob and Linda's inept flirting at the singles mixer really shows how perfect they are for each other. And Teddy's dance, whatever it was, was so amazing.

• Love 1

Loved seeing Dale's Dead Bugs in the opening.

I enjoyed the second ep more than the first. All the debate stuff was funny. I particularly liked Tina and Henry's date debate pros and cons.

Linda: So Henry seems… to be here.

Gene: She likes them not quite a man and hard to understand.

Duncan: No worries!
Tina: No! Worries!

Making the Meat Man movie was a lot of fun. I liked how Louise and Gene both played to Bob's and Linda's vanity to get their support.

• Love 3

Teddy's reaction to Mort at the mixer and his creepiness with Linda at the end was exactly why I hate the character. I don't like his violent outbursts. Linda's going to end up bound and gagged in his basement one of these days. 

Do we know what year the show is supposed to take place? I know they sort of have wiggle room since the kids don't age and it's been on for years. While I too was bummed about the cancellation of Firefly, it didn't make sense to me that a kid Henry's age would be upset about it and phrase it the way he did. Unless the show takes place in 2010, he's way too young to even remember that happening, and if it were 2010 he'd still have been awfully young when the show was cancelled.

2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Do we know what year the show is supposed to take place? I know they sort of have wiggle room since the kids don't age and it's been on for years. While I too was bummed about the cancellation of Firefly, it didn't make sense to me that a kid Henry's age would be upset about it and phrase it the way he did. Unless the show takes place in 2010, he's way too young to even remember that happening, and if it were 2010 he'd still have been awfully young when the show was cancelled.

I thought about that too, but then decided he'd seen it online and was sorry there weren't more seasons. 

Yeah, I also thought of that explanation, that he'd seen it since and was upset there wasn't more, but something about the way he phrased it was very....this is what the writer thinks because I think he used the phrase "when Firefly was cancelled", implying being there at the time, not "that Firefly was cancelled" or something else. It's minor but it still bugs me.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Yeah, I also thought of that explanation, that he'd seen it since and was upset there wasn't more, but something about the way he phrased it was very....this is what the writer thinks because I think he used the phrase "when Firefly was cancelled", implying being there at the time, not "that Firefly was cancelled" or something else. It's minor but it still bugs me.

I got ya. It's a lie I chose to tell myself. ;)

Bob and Linda get a bit too competitive during the family's annual Easter egg hunt and have a little too much fun hiding the eggs, leaving the entire family scrambling to find the remaining egg that is rapidly rotting in its hiding place.

Neighbor: Lin-Manuels's Verandas patio furniture  

Exterminator: Two Crickets To Paradise

Burger(s) of The Day: Emergency Eggs-It Burger, 

"Like a homeless M&M." Gene was great tonight, as always.

Hungover Bob & Linda were great to watch, as were Tired Gene, Louise and Tina.

"I lost the year 1996 to schnapps. I still don't know what the macarena is." Good to see Mr. Fishoeder again.

I loved how the egg thief was a new racoon: Big Baby Pudding Snatcher. Also loved that Linda & Teddy are still invested in the saga of the racoons.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"I lost the year 1996 to schnapps. I still don't know what the macarena is." Good to see Mr. Fishoeder again.

"But d-don't tell me. I'll figure it out."

Bob talking as the ham "Just glaze me and get it over with" - just like when he "talks" as the turkeys at Thanksgiving.

"If you die in the wall, we'll name the restaurant after you."   -?? Ah, the mind of Tina.

"Great job Linda, I knew you'd be good at it. You got floorboard hands."

• Love 1

"I lost the year 1996 to schnapps. I still don't know what the macarena is."

"Oh right, I forgot you guys are crazy raccoon people".

The return of the raccoon drama behind the alley! "Its like an HBO miniseries. Lots of plot twists, some nudity. You'd like it if you'd just catch up."

• Love 2

I really like Bob and Linda getting drunk and competitive about the eggs even though the kids don't like it, but the entire episode payoff was the raccoon callback. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, King of Birds said:

(Maybe this will be better than the twitter links)

wendy_2.png

wendy_1.png

Clearly the answer here is "save them for future episodes".

Also I admit to checking Lin's twitter this morning to see if he'd heard about it, only to find that his header photo is now a screencap of the store sign. So. That answered that.