Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Love when Tina said, "RUMP? I'm listening," after Mr Frond told her the acronym of the robotic program.

Bob trying to play banjo in bed each time Linda laid down to go to sleep cracked me up. And then he does it after Tina talked with Jimmy Junior at the door.

Tammy: She's probably using AI on him.
Jocelyn: Wait, AI? Like "as if?"
Tammy: Yeah. As if.
Jocelyn: Oh my God.
Tammy: I know.
Zeke: You two are making me feel smart.

Jimmy Junior: You came down the stairs like The Exorcist. (She totally did.)

Teddy: It was more GRUELING banjo than DUELING banjo.

Tammy: Great. Tina 2-point-ugh is here.

• Love 6
On 1/8/2017 at 10:09 PM, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of The Day: (aww man, there was a good one in the first Banjo scene and I couldn't catch the whole name. It came with feta),

I filled in the blanks so I could be wrong: Caper the Friendly Goat Cheese Burger (comes w/capers and feta)

• Love 1

Burger(s) of The Day: Andrew Diced Carrots Burger (comes with pickled diced carrots)

"Walnuts?! Just be normal, damn it!" I share Gene's distain with chocolate heart boxes. I loved his "relationship" with Isabella the lunch lady. I loved how he imagined their chocolate store with a Grand Re-Re-Re-Opening banner.

It was fun to see everyone finding love: Regular-Sized Rudy with Chloe Barbasch (NOT Louise?! And here I thought it was finally happening! And then it did. I'll admit, I cheered.), Gene with the chocolate covered spoon, and even Skater Guy with a unicycler mermaid ("How does a mermaid ride one of thooooose?!").

Oh man, of all the days to get chili diarrhea, it's when Jimmy wants to kiss while bouncing on a trampoline. "Scuse me while I sky kiss this guy." Never stop being you, Tina.

"It's romantic and dangerous, like a candle."
"Feelings are dangerous, girl!" 

Everyone was on fire tonight. Bob and Teddy hip hop dancing was great! I didn't think they'd pull it off, then they did!

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5

I agree with Louise. Valentine's day is a manufactured holiday. Kissing and them slapping Rudy was totally Louise. 

Also, talking to your siblings while on the toilet is SO this show. What size Rudy? 

I like that Linda liked them all dancing. 

• Love 1

I love the way Tina managed to still have a good Valentine's Day, even with 'chili diarrhea' (and she did the 'walk' perfectly).

(about the chili-eating contest)  'Tina won. It was like watching someone barf in reverse.' 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

So, I take it they were spoofing "Love, Actually"? I never saw the movie and don't care to, so I'm not sure.

I saw the movie. I don't see the commonalities other than it's multiple stories about love.

"Excuse me while I sky-kiss this guy" was a groaner, and I loved it.

The mini-flower love weeds were great.

Loved the hip hop class and that it worked out great in the end.

My one nitpick: Tina having chili diarrhea -- or diarrhea of the butt -- wouldn't be smell-free, yet no one in the bathroom commented on it. I'm being super-picky. It really didn't bother me that much; I simply noticed it.

• Love 2

Neighbor: You Can't Handle the Tooth tooth extration

Exterminator: Ethel Vermin

Burger(s) of The Day: Garlic Shandling Burger; There was a second one in one of the flashbacks but couldn't make it out.; Stilton On The Dock of The Bun Burger.

"Just when you thought the mail couldn't get any sexier."

"Thats Chumbawumba money!"

"I guess Mr. Business will never hit the big time."
"What?! With those looks and that ass?!"
So many good lines go to Gene. Speaking of Gene, I love any mention of his friend Ken. He has a pager!

Really enjoyed Bob talking to Mr. Business. He has lots of experience talking to inanimate objects, it's refreshing for him to talk to something that can listen to him.

I also loved Gene & Tina getting addicted to cat food, and then the revelation that ALL of the Belchers love it.

Sometimes you have to wonder how Gayle is able to live on her own. At least having Mr. Business knock over all her things for the rest of his(?) days seems to be comeuppance for all the crap she puts the family through. Have I mentioned that I'm not fond of her?

EDIT: I'm sure male cats don't have nipples? I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2017 at 11:14 AM, PinkRibbons said:

Wasn't Mr. Business the one Gayle stole off someone's front porch? I would not be advertising him if I was her...

Considering that we saw dozens of cats that looked like Mr. Business tonight, it seems that wasn't too hard to hide.

• Love 1

I liked Bob and Louise being on the same page with bringing Gail to the soda machine. 

I don't really have a problem with Bob being upset about having to give Gail money all the time. There's a line. Gail was too much of a sad sack this time. 

I love everyone being hooked on cat food.

5 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I also loved Gene & Tina getting addicted to cat food, and then the revelation that ALL of the Belchers love it.

All of them, except for Bob.

5 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I'm sure male cats don't have nipples? I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

I'm pretty sure they do, like male humans do.

• Love 2

Bob and Mr. Business were really great together. Maybe the Belchers should get a pet?

Gail can be funny, but I agree that she was too annoying and pathetic this week. Not that she isn't always pretty pathetic, but now she's apparently taking their money. And for really stupid shit!

"That's Cumbawumba money!"

Was that John Oliver as Ian? If it wasn't, it sounded just like him.

1. It was John Oliver, yup.

2. Male cats of course have nipples. If not, I have to do some serious rethinking about my late cat Boss Cat.

3. The animation in this episode was AMAZING. Just the little things, like Mr. Business twining himself around and Gayle sitting with his carrier in her lap. I think I'm seeing a bigger budget!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

I love everyone being hooked on cat food.

Even with John Oliver, who I really enjoyed as a "cat agent" - I had a hard time with the rest of the show and the cat food eating. Plus the defeatist kind of ending for Bob- connecting with the cat, and then not following through with the inanity of his sister in law.  Not even Gene's lines could get me to want to rewatch this one.

18 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And the slogan was "Everything's Coming Up No Pests"

I kept thinking Ian's voice was familiar, then something he said just clicked in my head that it was John Oliver, and then I couldn't not see John saying all this stuff on his show.

I thought this was a lot of fun. Loved the poodle. Was it Shnoodle? Loved the montage of Gail asking for money. I like the character. I mean, I don't LIKE her, but I enjoy her quirks, and Megan Mullally's voice work is fantastic.

5 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

3. The animation in this episode was AMAZING. Just the little things, like Mr. Business twining himself around and Gayle sitting with his carrier in her lap. I think I'm seeing a bigger budget!

I think the animation is always amazing. Like you said, the little things are just so great. I like watching the characters walk, facing us. I don't know why I'm fascinated with how their arms move.

Linda: Overnight mail. Ooooo.

Bob: Who's that?
Ian: This is Fluffy, and this is her cat Jessica.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I thought this was a lot of fun. Loved the poodle. Was it Shnoodle? Loved the montage of Gail asking for money. I like the character. I mean, I don't LIKE her, but I enjoy her quirks, and Megan Mullally's voice work is fantastic.

I think Gayle is a well-written character, and Megan Mullaly does a great job voicing her. But as a person, she's irritating as all hell.

• Love 4

I just really didn't like when they showed how much Gayle asked Bob and Linda for money. They've established that the restaurant isn't rolling in it. She struck me as really inconsiderate, and while I'm sure Linda doesn't talk to her much about the restaurant, there's still a huge lack of situational awareness there.

• Love 2

Gayle hasn't been a good character to me since The Gayle Tales, and this was no exception.  I don't care how oblivious she is, seeing her leech off of her sister has officially put me off of her.  

This whole episode was pretty meh, tbh.  Not expecting a great one like last week, but this was just middling and boring.  

15 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I think Gayle is a well-written character, and Megan Mullaly does a great job voicing her. But as a person, she's irritating as all hell.

Megan or Gayle?

I had to chuckle at Mr. Business at the end knocking everything over b/c my cat does the same thing when  feeding time is approaching.

• Love 1

Gayle is so tricky for me because I get that the character is supposed to be frustrating/annoying, and there's a fine line with that sort of character where you appreciate the other characters being annoyed but aren't so annoyed yourself that you can't stand watching it. Gayle is regularly right on top of or over that line for me, but I do believe it is by design. Or...where on the line she falls is not necessarily by design, but I do believe Mutually is playing it as the writers intended it, so for me I put it on the show if she's too much or not. I usually need to pause and take a break during Gayle-centric episodes because I can't seem to bring myself to rip the bandaid. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ganesh said:

I just really didn't like when they showed how much Gayle asked Bob and Linda for money. They've established that the restaurant isn't rolling in it. She struck me as really inconsiderate, and while I'm sure Linda doesn't talk to her much about the restaurant, there's still a huge lack of situational awareness there.

I'm putting that on Linda more than Gayle. Gayle is rude and a leech but Linda can say no. Linda can point out that the limited extra money they have as a family would be better spent on something nice for her children or something for her and Bob rather than cat headshots. Linda can be honest with Bob about the help she provides to Gayle. Gayle should be better than to ask and Gayle should be paying Linda back, but ultimately Gayle isn't robbing them. Linda is too worried about making everyone happy so she gives to Gayle and lies to Bob. Linda is to blame here.

Gayle definitely bothers the hell out of me, but I still enjoyed the ep. Liked Bob's bonding with Mr. Business. And I, I'm ashamed to admit, can totally buy the cat food snacking. I remember as a little kid playing with my brother outside, once or twice getting hungry enough to munch a couple dog kibbles from the big bag in the garage rather than go inside for a snack. More recently, I've tried the dry cat food out of curiosity, and well, it ain't horrible - not something I'd be addicted to like the Belchers but edible enough in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Can someone else with a better memory (or a DVR) remind me: I thought in the first scene when Gayle was asking for additional money she asked for $22 for some reason. I don't know why that number stuck in my head. Then later in the scene when Bob goes to see Ian, and Ian convinces him to proceed, when Bob brings up the money Gayle had mentioned, Ian says $35. Did I get that right? Because in the moment it struck me as Ian upping the price. Unless Gayle had her own $13 she was willing to spend and was only asking for the difference. Anyway, can anyone confirm? 

On 2/19/2017 at 10:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

Burger(s) of The Day: Garlic Shandling Burger; There was a second one in one of the flashbacks but couldn't make it out.; Stilton On The Dock of The Bun Burger.

Ethel Vermin, Ethical Vermin Exterminators

Little Red Bruschett-a Burger. This one took me a second to figure out; think Prince.

Walking in a Winter-Comes-with-Cran Burger (comes with cranberry sauce)

On 2/23/2017 at 5:05 PM, theatremouse said:

Can someone else with a better memory (or a DVR) remind me: I thought in the first scene when Gayle was asking for additional money she asked for $22 for some reason. I don't know why that number stuck in my head. Then later in the scene when Bob goes to see Ian, and Ian convinces him to proceed, when Bob brings up the money Gayle had mentioned, Ian says $35. Did I get that right? Because in the moment it struck me as Ian upping the price. Unless Gayle had her own $13 she was willing to spend and was only asking for the difference. Anyway, can anyone confirm? 

Gayle says the headshots cost $222, then one of the many amounts Gayle asks for in flashbacks was $22. The overnight shipping amount is only mentioned by Ian.

Remember Art Crawl? Yeah, that detail was not missing from Mr. Business when he was on the restaurant counter.

• Love 2

When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy's less-than-perfect plans.

(edited)

Burger(s) of The Day: It's My Hvarti And I'll Rye If I Want To Burger, Fingerling Brothers and Barnum & Bayleaf Circus Burger

"These are...my formal clothes." Aww, Bob, you're so sad.

A fight between Mr. Ambrose and Mr. Frond being settled in Student Court is oddly perfect for them. Of course Louise wanted to just get out of there, while Gene was in Southern Lawyer mode. I'll admit, I was really riveted by the trial, but wasn't amused by Tina's antics, though.

"I've never seen a man this naked be this smug." Teddy was delightful tonight.

Edited by Galileo908
(edited)

I really loved this episode.  The Mock Trial was amazing.  I guess it's because I'm a lawyer, but I loved the message of "guilty or innocent, the defense's job is to ensure a fair trial for their client".  I'm kind of hard on shows that use the legal system improperly (see Boston Legal where the law is a magic wizard that can make anything happen)  but here, despite it being a kid's mock trial (so not everything was how a real trial would go) they really kept the spirit of the legal system.  Also, I loved the Judge pushing Louise to be better and I really enjoyed the conclusion. 

As for the Bob/JP plot, it was decent.  Funny to see Borat referenced in both Always Sunny and Bob's Burgers this year. 

Edited by Matt K
  • Love 4

Hilarious episode, I cant even pick out my favorite line. I especially liked Bob and Jimmy Pesto team up against a common enemy, and their plan being kind of stupid. "This is totally moms thing. Revenge and shrimp!"

• Love 2