Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: Footloose prosthetic adjustments

Exterminator: Pest Mortem

Burger of The Day: Total Eclipse of the Havarti

I quite enjoyed this episode. Trapping all the kids into a tight space is a recipe for success, and I even liked the farting stools.

"Come on, be our stool sampler."

• Love 2

What makes the butt fever joke is that Jimmy Jr has his butt all jacked up. The show has done a really good job of making all the kids real kids. 

That got weird though when the nurse just went and shaved her head (again.)

I liked that Bob's place were about to host the funeral too. 

De-farting the stools was pretty funny. "They're full of farts, just like the kids!" And I liked that when the widow sat on the stool, Bob told Teddy to check out whether it was the stool or her. And everyone was so happy it was her!

And Tina saved the kids!

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 1

This was great. Loved Louise getting Tammy to help the gang instead of fleeing to safety. And I'm so glad it was Tina who saved the day. And that she and Gene immediately fell in line to help Louise get out of her pop quiz.

De-farting the stools was pretty funny. "They're full of farts, just like the kids!" And I liked that when the widow sat on the stool, Bob told Teddy to check out whether it was the stool or her. And everyone was so happy it was her!

I thought the when the seat made the noise that the funeral party would start laughing, which would break the tension, and the widow would thank Bob for making her laugh after her husband died.

I am not enjoying this pattern of two gross-out episodes in a row. First the couch then (the suggestion of) lice. Funny but yet still not enjoyable for me.

Lice are a fact of life in school. I liked a couple of the "lousy" jokes.

Poor Tammy -- full of gas that she passes at inappropriate times and now dandruff. 

Edited by SmithW6079

When there is a bounce house crisis at Regular Sized Rudy’s birthday party, the Belcher kids devise a scheme to save the day. Meanwhile, Bob deals with an unexpected guest at the restaurant and is forced to come to terms with a longstanding fear.

When Gene overhears talk about a mystical creature that lives nearby, he leads the Belcher kids and their friends on a journey to find it. Meanwhile, Linda’s competitive nature takes over during downtime at the restaurant.

When Bob’s longtime friend, Critter, finds himself in jail for unpaid parking tickets, the Belchers decide to do what they can to help him out. Meanwhile, Linda takes on a babysitting job that becomes more work than she signed up for.

Neighbor: Granny Packs: Luggage For Seniors

Exterminator: Mice Breakers

Burger of The Day: Ring Around The Collard Burger

Regular-Sized Rudy's party was of course lame, but it was totally Rudy. But I like how Rudy had friends other than the kids and Andy & Ollie show up and how game everyone was to do the spoon puppet show.

Loved Teddy in this. "I haven't held a living thing in a while, this'll be good for me." Hell, I think the pigeon plot was better than the party plot. My mom also has a fear of birds that stems from seeing "The Birds."

"Don't do it, Bob! Don't eat your fears!"

"Oh my god I am Tippi Hendron."

"You wish."

• Love 4

Neighbor: I think therefore I Jam Profound Preserves

Exterminator: (crap, missed it typing out the last thing)

Burger of The Day: To Thine Own Self Be Bleu Burger

"Do you want a lifetime of regret, or an afternoon of mild disappointment?!" Loved how all the great kid characters were in for the quest: Zeke! Daryl! Regular-Sized Rudy! I liked Jimmy Jr being jealous of Zeke and Gene bonding.

Teddy was once again great, but this was Zeke's time to shine.

The two-butted goat being real was a great payoff. "Two tails and two anuses. Just like Noah's Ark."

The flying burger picture finally has a purpose in an episode!

• Love 3
(edited)

I liked this because Bob typically is the straight one and Linda is wacky, and they flipped it.  Then they had a whole kids plot. Stealing the bouncy house was brilliant as was getting it back. 

I also liked, "Bob? Are you decent?"

Who was the black girl? Was she new? I thought she was funny. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

I was a little disappointed to see two episodes in a row where the kids split away from their parents. I liked the Bob and Linda plot, including the sweet ending. Gene carrying his friends through the poison ivy was also sweet yet stupid and it gave me way too many conflicting emotions for a cartoon.

A few quibbles: How did they get back after they had such a rough time getting to the farm? Also, Tammy is a girl who has a cell phone without a doubt. Those kids would not go buy a paper map.

• Love 1

Gene would have bought a map though, and no way Tammy would have wanted everyone looking at her phone the whole time. Also, they might have gone out of cell range. 

I like all the kid episodes. I didn't have a problem with the two in a row because there were some different kids this time around. I actually am not allergic to poison ivy fyi. Sumac though, oh, not good. Zeke always cracks me up. Because you'd think he'd kind of be the bully, but he's that kid that just wants to do stuff. When he goes to college, he's that guy you see at every party who knows everyone. 

It cracks me up because nowadays, a bunch of kids just wandering around through the woods would induce mass panic for the parents. It was nice that the farmer let them pet the goat too. 

• Love 4

Burger of The Day: To Thine Own Self Be Bleu Burger

I think that is my all time favorite name. 

It cracks me up because nowadays, a bunch of kids just wandering around through the woods would induce mass panic for the parents.

I was thinking that in my childhood that would be normal that we all just disappeared for hours but that's not as true anymore.  Though, it does seem to be like the good ole days on the show - the kids do have their own adventures quite a bit.

Poor Gene did get poison ivy - his legs were all red walking back to the restaurant.

• Love 2
(edited)

It cracks me up because nowadays, a bunch of kids just wandering around through the woods would induce mass panic for the parents.

After the episode was over I turned to Mr. Beadgirl and lamented that in today's parenting culture Beadboy2 can't have these sorts of adventures (plus we live in a city).  Mr. Beadgirl thought I was a nut.

So glad the two-butted goat was real!  Although what was that line? "Overhearing teenagers at the pier is not the most reliable source of information?"

Zeke always cracks me up. Because you'd think he'd kind of be the bully, but he's that kid that just wants to do stuff. When he goes to college, he's that guy you see at every party who knows everyone.

Zeke is a delight, and has a real joie de vivre.  I know people like that, who can talk to everyone about everything, and find the fun in any situation.

Edited by beadgirl
  • Love 3

How did they get back after they had such a rough time getting to the farm? 

They probably took the main way back instead of the shortcut.

I loved their adventure. Not even thinking about the ep title, I was picturing Stand By Me. I, too, thought back to when kids used to be able to do this kind of stuff, wandering off without adults, which was all right at the time. I got nostalgic watching this ep.

Zeke was great. He's game for anything, even electrifying himself. Loved the twitching afterwards, esp when it looked like it was gone, but came back, and Zeke commented on that, which was just what I was thinking!

So many funny lines, but I can't remember them now.

I'm so glad the two-butted goat turned out to be real.

Linda and Bob's games and rivalry was ok. I'm glad Bob realized that he shouldn't be angry at her for being so good.

Gene would have bought a map though, and no way Tammy would have wanted everyone looking at her phone the whole time. Also, they might have gone out of cell range. 

I like all the kid episodes. I didn't have a problem with the two in a row because there were some different kids this time around. I actually am not allergic to poison ivy fyi. Sumac though, oh, not good. Zeke always cracks me up. Because you'd think he'd kind of be the bully, but he's that kid that just wants to do stuff. When he goes to college, he's that guy you see at every party who knows everyone. 

It cracks me up because nowadays, a bunch of kids just wandering around through the woods would induce mass panic for the parents. It was nice that the farmer let them pet the goat too. 

• Love 3

When we were 10 or 11, one of the neighborhood kids heard there was an old graveyard in the woods. It wasn't as far as in this episode, but we found it. There were headstones from the 1750s!

• Love 1

I love when the kids have adventures which involve others from their school. Loved everything about Gene in this episode, especially when he didn't cave to doing what Louise wanted. And the trek through poison ivy 5(?) Times? Holy cow.

So glad the double butt was real.

• Love 2

This episode was so good!  So many moments where my husband and I both cracked up.  When Bob started describing his flashback I immediately thought of "The Birds" so the whole Tippi Hedron bit after that was great.  Bob taking a bath with the bird at the end was hilarious.  It's totally a Bob thing to do.  He's the straight man in the family but when he's weird he's weird in a very specific way and I totally believe he'd think he was supposed to take a bubble bath with the pigeon.  

The kids story was just okay until Rudy got mad.  Rudy is the quiet, good kid who goes along with everything until he's pushed too far.  Then he blows his top.  His red face and slump against the arm of the sofa.  I think we've all seen someone like Rudy reach his breaking point and know that we'd have to act fast to repair the situation.  And I like that Louise did.  For all of her sociopathic tendencies she does see when she goes too far and goes equally all in to fix it.

And I loved that Rudy's play had two strong female characters.  Loved that that was important to Rudy.  

• Love 6

I enjoyed this ep, but it bugged me that this is the 2nd time they acted irrationally about furniture. I don't remember "farty" stool cushions making a loud enough noise for anyone to notice, or if they did, they'd be immediately recognized as a deflating seat cushion.

I thought the when the seat made the noise that the funeral party would start laughing, which would break the tension, and the widow would thank Bob for making her laugh after her husband died.

See, that's what I was expecting to happen.

But does Tina look like either parent? If not, is this meant to make her more of the 'different' child?

Maybe, since Tina's the oldest, that she is more of a blend of both Linda and Bob.  Bob and Linda's genetics called it a draw and Tina is the result.  Tina seems more quiet than Linda, but she has Linda's fire once she's committed to something.  Tina is happy to have a drama-free life, like Bob, but doesn't duck it either, again, like Bob.

I'm new-ish to the show, but that's how I read Tina.

Neighbor: The Way We Grr Dog Trainers

Exterminator: Ratty Cake Ratty Cake

Burger(s) of The Day: Edamame Dearest Burger, Barley Davidson Burger (comes on a barley roll)

"It could be the president of breakfast calling to congratulate us!"

"I'm hoping for a fart fax."

"Well great, now I can't trust stalkers!"

Gene was great tonight. Well, all the actors were on fire tonight. Gene always gets the good lines, though and Eugene hits them out of the park.

I really liked Kenny trying to fit in with the bikers (and succeeding, kinda!)

Also, I love the people who come up with the signs. Today we got Hot Totties.

• Love 1

I loved Linda's shenanigans with Sidecar, especially when the other mom though Linda had kidnapped him. And I really liked Linda saying no to babysitting again.

The selfies with the bikers cracked me up.

• Love 2

Neighbor: Regret Me Not Tattoo

Exterminator: Roach to The Sky

Burger(s) of The Day: Captain Pepper Jack Marrow Burger, Curry on My Way Burger (there may have been more to this one, I might've missed it), Frisee It, Don't Spray It Burger, Wine Shoe = Money (okay, so it's not a BOTTD, it was on the board), We Bought a Zucchini Burger

For some reason I love that you have to be 27 to work at Toe-Tanic. Also, "Taint Misbehavin" is the best stripper name ever.

As sad as it was, I also loved the Lost & Found auction. "An I Voted sticker! Could save you a trip to the polls next year!"

"What's Spin The Bottle?"

"Can we play?"

"No, that would be weird."

Bob was being an awesome dad tonight. "You are in charge of your own mouth" is a good lesson.

• Love 5

I agree that Bob is an awesome dad.  He didn't hesitate in going in to talk to Tina (instead of trying to get Linda to do it--because it was probably 'girl' stuff, you know).

I would like to see the lost and found auction become a regular bit.

Teddy:  'I don't know any extra large one-legged ladies, but if I did--man, I would be getting that shoe!'

And later:

Linda: 'Then all we would have is wine.  What's the use in that?  I can't believe I said that.'

• Love 2

Kudos to Bob on that father-daughter talk. I was really happy that a) he supported her very ummm... unusual interest in the hormon-iums and b) that his objection was that she was saying things she didn't believe and not that what she was doing was uncool. He was supporting his daughter being the person she wanted to be. Very well done.

I also enjoyed the auction. Again Bob scores points for not taking advantage of his friends there. It was a waste of money but they were fully aware of that and enjoyed winning. Loved Teddy's competitiveness there. 

• Love 2
Bob was being an awesome dad tonight. "You are in charge of your own mouth" is a good lesson.

I defy anyone that can find a television show in the last 25 years that had a scene of genuine parenting like that. 

And Bob came up with the Cinderella pitch for the wine shoe. He put in *work* for the family this week.

I also liked that Linda somehow thought Bob had Marshmallow's phone number and was basically whatever about it. 

• Love 3

Frond: I have terrible-slash-wonderful news Harmoniums. Angela has come down with mononucleosis!

Tina: Oh no. Will she be okay?

Frond: Who knows?

Frond: I will be holding auditions between Tina and Candy to determine who will temporarily replace Angela as our female soloist!

Candy: Tina can have it. I'm just in this group as a punishment.

Frond: Wait- what?

Light Tights?  Tights, with light up fannies?  I... googled this. It is NOT real people!

Kissing is one of the great parts of life, like dancing. Or rainy days. Or those croissants like Meryl Streep made in that movie. We don't have to Not-Kiss, we just have to Smart-Kiss. And now, I'm going to kiss everyone in this row...

• Love 3