Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neighbor: The Outlet Outlet Electrical Supplies

Exterminator: Of Mice and Men Who Kill Mice

It's back! I liked the concept of this episode: Each kid tells a "what if" story of what would happen if Bob never married Linda.

Robostache: This was great. Bob as Robocop/Inspector Gadget with his mustache. Loved how Bob stayed pretty much the same as Robostache, even when he was on a date with Linda. Also, I loved that "Don't arrest Officer Bosco" was a hidden directive, but not "Don't arrest Mr. Fischoeder," and Bob swiped the Bosco mask away before Fischoeder could put it back on. Great Gene logic there.

Big Hair: Linda gagging will never not be funny. It's totally like Linda to become a nun because she'd think it'd be like Sister Act.

"He slumped away, hair-ily"

Linda Marries Hugo: Hugo is happy, with a mustache, and a hot dog stand. Hugo is actually a great dad, and the kids are all their opposites. Oh, and Bob is the health inspector. This is the darkest timeline (and I loved how the whole family agreed).

There was a Hot Dog of The Day and I didn't catch it.

"Geez, even your testicles are failures."

"They're trying."

• Love 4
"He slumped away, hair-ily"

This was so funny!  I really liked this episode.  When I saw the promo I wondered how they were going to work in a 'Robocop' theme.   I'm so glad 'Bob's Burgers' is back.

'It's been squeezing your tschotskes and you didn't even notice it?'

• Love 1
Gene was on FIRE tonight! I wish I could remember all his one-liners.

'Like the time I petted the dog and found a Cheeto."

'The battle was intense.  It was like The Terminator vs. Roomba.'

And there were so many more!

• Love 2

I've realized that this episode subverted its usual three story structure a little bit. Usually they save the craziest story for last, but this time the most fantastic story was first (Robostache). Louise's story was essentially a Bob's Burgers episode if Bob became a werewolf; Tina's story was the most down to Earth, exploring Tina's logical conclusion of the butterfly effect with Bob's shaved mustache: it's the first episode, just with the kid's personalities and Bob and Hugo's jobs flipped around.

Edited by Galileo908

I think one of Gene's lines was "If dad's lip has no hair, we never come out of there," pointing to Linda's crotch.

I loved all three stories. I think my favorite was Tina's because of how different the kids were, esp Louise being all girly and spinning around as a princess. Love that Louise, in "real" life, says to Tina, "You're a monster."

I can't get enough of Gene referring to a penis as a dingdong. In this case, it was a robotic dingdong.

Bob: So I'm kind of nitpicky as a cop.
Gene: No, you're not good.

The way Gene says that is hilarious.

• Love 3

I think one of Gene's lines was "If dad's lip has no hair, we never come out of there," pointing to Linda's crotch.

The way Gene says that is hilarious.

"A world in which I was never born is a world I wouldn't want to live in!".

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 5

The upcoming Land Ship parade could mean increased business for Bob, until he learns that two port-o-potties will be placed in front the restaurant. Meanwhile, Tina learns from her friends that she’s boring, so she joins up with Jordan who has been vandalizing the school with graffiti. But when Jordan wants to spray graffiti on the Land Ship, Tina must decide between ruining the parade or disappointing her new crush.

The Belchers are ready for an amazing Halloween! Louise reveals that she has never been scared before and the family sets out to visit a spooky haunted house. When trouble ensues following their visit, the Belchers find themselves in a zany situation more frightening than they bargained for!

Gene was on FIRE tonight! I wish I could remember all his one-liners.

My favorite was "well, they tried robotic ding dongs, but there were buggy!" in response to Bob asking why he would get a robotic mustache. And then later, Gene has Robostache saying "I don't have a robotic ding dong; they were buggy" while Gene yelled "IT WAS BOUND TO COME UP!"

I also liked after Louise was finished with her story, Bob said something like "Wow, I'm extra pathetic in that one" and Louise exclaimed "Then that's the one we'll accept as fact!"

Edited by Princess Sparkle

I love that in upside-down world, Hugo is still inept while Bob is fairly competent at his job. The part that stood out to me was his assumption that obviously no one was making wiener dog dogs, but they had to check. Contrasts nicely with Hugo coming in looking for human burgers with every expectation of finding them.

• Love 1

The Hugo marriage/alternate children was my favorite section -- Tina with no interest in seeing a Zombie movie with Jimmy Jr., Gene being very shy and reserved, and of course, pretty pink princess Louise.  Dark, indeed!  I love how much of a romantic Tina is, too, and how upset she got at the idea of ther parents never getting together.  "It's random fate!  I feel so much better!"

• Love 4

As an owner of a weenie dog, I did laugh at the picture, then realized that my dog didn't appreciate it.  

I'm going on a cruise next week and we're doing a TV character night.  I'm going as Tina somewhat because I am like her (she likes boybands and it's the New Kids on the Block cruise I'm going on...so yes, you can judge me) and mostly because I do have clothing that matches up with her save for the barrette.  I'll be thinking of all of you when I wear it!  

• Love 2

I will never get over how quickly the Belcher kids come to each others' aid. It's just so sweet!

I'm surprised Seymour's Bay* was so badass way back when. The ship trick was genuinely brilliant.

The only thing missing from this episode was hearing Mr. Fishoeder give some bizarre explanation for why he would allow the port-a-johns in front of the restaurant but not the empty building.

*Since it seems like we never will find out the town's name, I'm just gonna use the one the voice actor's came up with in honor of their editor, IIRC. Oh, and this episode does almost as much as It Snakes a Village did to prove the show is set in New England.

• Love 1

This show is such silly fun.  I love how Tina is not desperate for any boy anywhere any how to pay attention to her.  She was totally willing to go with the flow of opportunity with Jordan and his (bad) kissing, but it's not like she was desperate for him (nor was she surprised that he would be interested in her).  Such a role model, our Tina.  And I love the subtle message to good girls everywhere:  bad boys are bad kissers. 

The sight gag of Jordan smooshing together Tina's nose and mouth to (bad) kiss was gold and yet another reason why I love the animation here.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 2

You Can't Fight City Challah burger

"I have cholera" *coughs*. Heh, coughing is not a symptom of cholera.

The guy who voiced Jordan also did Nathan from "Beefsquatch." I never thought cartoon kissing could be so disturbing.

• Love 2

Zeke has already said he's going "to win Tina over".

It wasn't clear to me why Tina freaked out and wanted to clean the ship sail after. Did she just feel bad?

I didn't like that the portajons were in front of the restaurant because that seemed a little much to me. But I was glad Bob managed to make something positive out of it. 

It wasn't clear to me why Tina freaked out and wanted to clean the ship sail after. Did she just feel bad?

I didn't like that the portajons were in front of the restaurant because that seemed a little much to me. But I was glad Bob managed to make something positive out of it. 

I think Tina, at heart, is a good girl who follows the rules, and the enormity of ruining the land-ship brought out her desire to conform to standards of behavior.

While I'm glad Bob was a winner, who really orders food while they're waiting on a port-a-potty line?

• Love 1

Neighbor: Blood Bath and Beyond Red Bathroom Supplies

Exterminator: Last Mouse on The Left

Burger of The Day: Breaking Radish Burger

I love how Gene is scared of clapping, and considers anyone from Murphy Brown "Hollywood bigwigs."

I figured that Bob & Linda was behind the whole horror scheme, but it was really pulled off well. Loved it.

Really loved the return of Boyz 4 Now, everyone commenting on it just made it fantastic.

• Love 4

The twist was extremely obvious, so most of the episode didn't do much for me.

The Boyz 4 Now video at the end (parodying the Backstreet Boys' "Everybody" video, mainly, though the song the show actually namechecked was "Thriller") was awesome, though.

I figured that Mort was behind the whole thing, and that all of the Belchers were being fooled.  I'm glad that Louise appreciated that she was finally scared.  It was funny how Linda went around with the bald cap on until Bob told her to take it off.  I also loved how they all got into singing along with the video at the end (even Bob).  What a great family!

• Love 5

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I laughed so hard I cried. And I like the show, and laugh a lot but not to this degree. They fooled me. I thought that Bob and Linda were just putting on the haunted house for the kids, and then I thought something real was going to happen to make everyone scared. I didn't figure out that the whole thing was a con on Louise until the ring of fire. And Louise totally owned it. "You got me." 

I also liked how even though this was a set up, Gene decided he needed to hide in the leaves in his underpants.

The end song was great. Reverse Thriller. 

Hi, it's Teddy from your dad's restaurant!!! 

• Love 1

I saw the twist coming, but loved the way it played out, and I thought it was refreshing that Louise was so happy about it, rather than being embarrassed or mad that they'd tricked her. They're such a fun, sweet family.

The Boys 4 Now video was awesome too. Loved the rhymes...zombie and "prom-bie" especially.

• Love 3

When Gayle is injured, Linda sends Bob off to pick her up, so that she doesn't miss out on Thanksgiving festivities. But an unexpected snowstorm derails his trip home, and his epic plan to prepare the turkey is foiled. Bob then must put the fate of the turkey and the Belcher Thanksgiving in Linda's hands and spend time bonding with his sister-in-law.

Again, my favorite line goes to Gene, telling Bob how much he is enjoying his childhood. "Not right NOW, but, in general."

I have to be honest, I was a bit unnerved at the haunted house, things like that really get to me!

• Love 2

The guy with the garden shears at the end of the driveway was realllllly creepy. Well done, 3-week boyfriend of Mort's mother.

At first I thought that this was a trick to really scare Louise, but then I started to be convinced that it was somehow for real, like a bunch of cultists were using the house, not necessarily targeting the Belchers. Everyone was a good actor.

I liked the lame haunted house stuff. I thought that was funny.

The music video was good.

• Love 1

I loved this episode, it may replace "Full Bars" as my favorite BB Halloween episode. I love that the whole family was in on scaring Louise and that she was so happy to finally be scared. And it was great to see Mort and Teddy helping out.

Tina not being able to pare down her essay was so Tina.

• Love 1

Tina was very firm on not cutting down her essay.

It had to be under 30,000 words?  Ha!

Gene Belcher MAY be the greatest actor of all time - hear me out. I mean, they all were ACTING frightened to stay in character, yet he does the improv with losing his clothes, rattles off that great soliloquy about "I'm having a good childhood. Not right now, but overall."  Released a silent but deadly fart, I presume ("Inside Wind. I know about that") and then tops it all with -  "Is this what burning man is? Cause I don't like it!"

Bravo Gene!

And, Tina and family in the credits with the Boyz 4 Now- had some very Peanuts-esque dance moves.

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 4