Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In my market (St. Louis), the guide said this week was a repeat of Purple Rain-union, so I didn't bother to watch. Is anyone else here from my area? I'm assuming now it was only an error on the guide. I'll have to check on demand as soon as I get home!

Since there was some confusion about the air time last week, I just wanted to give a heads up regarding the two episodes that comprise the season finale this coming Sunday (May 17): "Part 1 starts at 7:30/6:30c, then catch part 2 at 9:30/8:30c." (From BB Facebook page.)

• Love 2

I love when Linda and Louise team up. As much as Louise rolls her eyes at her mom, they are exactly alike. Linda is better at keeping her crazy under control because she's older, but when she wants something, there is no stopping the crazy. 

Stoned Bob is the best. And I loved that Helen decided not to worry about Bob telling anyone about the tool box because he was so stoned. 

• Love 1

I'm impressed that the show left it unresolved!  I hope that means she's coming back in a later episode; they are so good at recurring characters.

And speaking of, who voiced Helen?  The voice sounded familiar to me, but I didn't recognize her name.

It's been years and years since I practiced, but now I want to open up my own law firm and call it Cupid's Stupid or Meet the Patents.

(edited)

And speaking of, who voiced Helen? The voice sounded familiar to me, but I didn't recognize her name.

I was thinking Alison Brie, but it turned out to be Kaitlin Olson -Sweet Dee on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Edited by nutella fitzgerald

Neighbor: The Seven Year Itch Couples Dermatology

Exterminator: Abraca-Dead-Bug!

Burger of The Day: Take a Leek Burger (comes with sauteed leeks)

I love the little kid logic with Louise thinking Bob is 80. I thought Bob and Louise's story was really sweet, especially their dub of the movie.

"So it's like a less sexual Incredible Hulk?" When Gene is in a supporting role, he's just on fire with the one liners.

• Love 3

Burger of The Day: Who Wants to Be a Scallionaire? Burger

This is the first time we've seen everyone on the entire block together, and of course Mr. Fischoeder decides to pit them all together to fight for his amusement. And it was awesome.

I really enjoyed Zeke and Jimmy Jr. fighting over Tina. So Zeke has feelings for both Belcher girls, or was he just being clever?

I seriously cheered when Felix showed up. Of course Calvin makes him live in the treehouse. Sleep Fartnea is, sadly, a thing.

See you folks in the fall, this was a good one.

Not my favorite episode of Bob's Burgers, particularly with the lazy writing at the end about it being a school night when it was already established the "film festival" would be after the last movie let out on Saturday night. 

It wasn't my favorite episode either, but I REALLY liked it. What got me was Louise showing vulnerability. We don't see it very often, and I found it touching.

I loved it all. Bob and Louise stalking the old guy, the changing of the movie's dialogue to get the daughter to stay, and the whole family working together to make the movie happen.

• Love 3

I totally thought it was going to be absurd dubbing, but no. Really enjoyed this episode. Thought this was the pinnacle until I saw Oeder Games, and that was even better.

I thought this was a little too wacky. I can't really buy the adults would fall for it.

The best scene was Tina and the boys. He may be a little rough around the edges, but Zeke would be a good bf.

This might be dumb of me, but when Bob said he'd basically handwritten the dialogue from the dubbed tapes he had, my first thought was...OK so you can make your own subtitles. Maybe it would've been too hard...but I sort of expected them to use glow in the dark paint and have someone standing there with cue cards or something. I know that wouldn't work with the bit they had in mind with the live audio, and I know glow paint isn't the glowiest thing. Just in the moment it struck me as really odd they bothered writing everything out, only to record it again.

I loved this episode, really great. And a good palate cleanser after a typically average-at-best Family Guy.

I really liked Gene and Louise trying to help while Tina used her brief advantage to try to get a date. Unfortunately, I think Zeke only told Tina he liked her to save himself. But they'll be a great couple in high school. Let me dream LOL.

They've done a good job with Louise. This one was s little sitcommy, but when the family just dives in, they don't hold back.

I also loved how Koji was totally on board for anything the Belchers were doing.

I thought this was a little too wacky. I can't really buy the adults would fall for it.

The best scene was Tina and the boys. He may be a little rough around the edges, but Zeke would be a good bf.

The episode definitely reminded me of Community's paintball episodes, especially the first one. Hell, if you had a chance to lower your rent by winning a water balloon fight you'd take it.

I really liked Gene and Louise trying to help while Tina used her brief advantage to try to get a date. Unfortunately, I think Zeke only told Tina he liked her to save himself. But they'll be a great couple in high school. Let me dream LOL.

Even if he was covering his own ass, he's much better potential bf than Jimmy Junior. He even called Jimmy out on waiting too long!

• Love 2

Zeke's told Tina he likes her before, actually. 

No, I wouldn't actually take the chance to lower my rent by taking part in a water balloon fight because that's stupid. I think that's the point of the episode because in the end, no one took the shot at Bob when they had the chance. That could have been any of them. 

Stuff like that works in wacky sitcom world, but even this was a smidge wacky for this show. 

Get involved, internet: Make a Bob’s Burgers writer see Entourage for charity

Few things in life are worse than the Entourage movie (we assume), and pediatric cancer is one of them. Bob’s Burgers writer Wendy Molyneux Drake has managed to blend the two by launching a GoFundMe campaign where, should supporters raise $10,000 for CureSearch, she’ll be forced to go see the Entourage movie, thus subjecting her to what she calls “the worst movie of the year and possibly our lifetime.”

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but I never really paid attention to it until I watched a few re-runs on Adult Swim.   I noticed that (to me, anyway) Louise looks like Linda and Gene looks like Bob.  But does Tina look like either parent? If not, is this meant to make her more of the 'different' child?  (Like her being the only one who is left-handed--which is something else that I never noticed until someone upthread pointed it out.)

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 1
(edited)

I watched this episode for the first time just now.  I really liked it.  I loved it when everyone was covered with either wine or chocolate at the end (and the parents weren't upset that the kids had obviously gotten into some type of mischief--I love that about the show).

Linda:  'I'm Linda.  I love showers, and mornings, and boloney, and turtles'.

Edited by BooksRule

Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob's mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.