Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

As much as I loved the episode, that improv clip made me laugh my baked beans beans off. Not a fan of Bill Hader in person but he is one of the funniest voice over actors.

Key & Peele have now guest starred on both Fargo and Bob's Burgers!

Neighbor: Rude A-Bake-Ening. Cakes for people you hate!

Exterminator: This Old Mouse

Burger(s) of the Day: Cajun Gracefully Burger, Blondes Have More Fun-Gus Burger (comes with mushrooms)

I caught a clip of the blonde Linda story at NYCC. It was the part where Linda pretends to be a nurse. It was great then, and it was great now.

It's so like Gene to want to make a shell bikini. "That's my stage name, Cookie Secrets." I really liked how bob eventually came around to like Gene's "trashion" (and that he wore one during the credits!)

Girl Scout (er, Thundergirl) cookies are serious business. I enjoyed Tina and Louise bonding, a weird caper will do that.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

I love that Bob actually enjoyed Gene's "trashion."  Work that tank top, Bob!

I'm glad that Tina is asserting herself more when it comes to Louise.  I love Louise's Machiavellian tendencies, but she can go overboard.

• Love 1

I thought Tina was very clever in setting up five traps to catch the mole, and I liked how she stood up to Louise. I know that Dan Mintz doesn't change his voice to voice the character, but I thought Tina sounded especially masculine in this episode.

Sorry, Gene, I would not wear your "trashion," although points for creativity. I mean, were those clothes even washed? That's all I could think of.

Bob's kids really are weird and happy.

• Love 1

Love the secret handshake that TROOP 257! had. You could also hear the raspberries in the closing song.

It was a fun ep, and Tina standing up for herself was nice to see. I'm also glad she solved the mystery so smartly. 

"I can't believe you quit the Thundergirls. Are you going to put away your Thunderwear? Ha!"

Loved when Louise said Tina was like the Brett Favre of Thundergirls.

Blom.

• Love 1

I am positive that in the original draft of the line "That's my stage name, Cookie Secrets," the phrase "stage name" was either "drag name" or "stripper name."

It strikes me as more a drag name than a stripper name. I think we pretty much know that's Gene's career path.

• Love 2

When Tina is up for a big hall monitor promotion, she is determined to do whatever it takes to nab the powerful job. So, she enlists the help of Gene and Louise. Meanwhile, back at the restaurant, Linda gets artsy and begins to decorate the walls with customer artwork...on napkins.

Louise was really over the top, and it was good for Tina to shut that down. They kind of redeemed it because Louise actually liked hanging out with her. 

I agree, Louise cleared her plans on her schedule right off the bat when Tina quit the girl scout troop just to hang and make time for Tina and that was very sweet of her. 

• Love 1

Such a great episode tonight.

Neighbor: Cat-Like Refluxes: Feline Gastroenterologist

Burger of The Day: Beets of Burden Burger (served with too many beets)

I love that Tina's groans make Mr. Frond nauseous.

"Chinese finger trap, I got it as a party favor. But in America."

Of course Tina would find being a Hall Monitor to be serious business.

So THIS was the episode where Bob did the Life Drawing of Edith from Reflections. They showed this as an animatic at NYCC. "It's super yummy!" I loved that Linda eagerly showed the drawing to the kids. "Saggy and sophisticated."

Gene was on fire tonight.

"Nub party!"

"All bowels are irritable."

"And I'm going to eat this chalk. We all won today."

• Love 1

I loved this ep. Both story lines were great. Loved Tina's hall monitor fantasy. All hail Tina. I also loved when Tina told Linda not to have her coffee cup so close to the edge, and Linda said, "Thank you, Tina," with a sarcastic tone.

Every character shone, from the main characters to the minor ones, like the teacher who was smoking.

Zeke in his hidey-hole was great, esp when it turns into The Fugitive.

I just thoroughly enjoyed this one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Has Tina always been left-handed? I noticed she was signing in with her left in "Midday Run". Will have to go examine scenes of her writing friend-fiction to see if that's consistent...

(Checked it! She is a southpaw. I wonder if any of the other Belchers are left-handed, or if it's like on The Simpsons where everybody was left-handed at some point?)

• Love 2

I'm glad Linda went back to brunette, Blom just didn't work for me. And I LOVED that Tina correctly identified the mole, using an excellent plan. That's usually a Louise thing, so I was glad Tina got to shine.

• Love 1

I adore Regular-Size Rudy, so I was a little disappointed that he was in the episode but barely seen.

My favorite part was Zeke saying he and Tina would be married one day. I just love his confidence. I've shipped them since he was the "Mad Pooper" (aka the "Butt-ler"). And I've thought they were a possibility since she told Tammy he was gross.

I also liked Mr. Frond being proved wrong, and Zeke trying to do something nice for his grandma.

• Love 1

OK, genuine question (although I realize I'm looking for anecdotal answers):

Does anyone actually have hall monitors anymore? No school I ever attended has them. I have a handful of teacher friends and they don't have them at their schools. I always thought the concept was sort of a holdover from decades ago, that TV still utilizes, but isn't really in practice in modern schools. Or is it a regional thing and my sample size is way to small (which I acknowledge is entirely possible).

I thought it was really funny, and well suited for Tina, and I loved how they threw in the whole minnow-manatee thing and then didn't really explain it at all other than there was a poster, but it did take me out of it a bit because in my head I was wondering...do hall monitors even exist in this century.

Edited by theatremouse

I think we had hall monitors for at least part of elementary school. We definitely had safety patrol, though! That would have been the late 80s.

I love how Mr. Frond called Rudy "Regular-Sized Rudy" like everyone else does.

"Regular-Sized Rudy! I detect a bit of wheeze."

• Love 2

I wasn't that into the adults' story but enjoyed the kids', except for Tina getting violent with Jimmy Jr.

There was one word Louise said that I couldn't understand. When they walked into Zeke's hiding spot, she said something like "all this room needs is _____."

I think the exterminator was "Wouldn't It Be Mice." And the episode title is referencing Midnight Run.

There was one word Louise said that I couldn't understand. When they walked into Zeke's hiding spot, she said something like "all this room needs is _____."

I think she said 'all this room needs is a desk' (I figured she was being sarcastic, since the room was all desk and chairs.)

• Love 4

I think a lot of animated characters are left-handed because the animators use mirrors to watch themselves doing things. Muppets are also often left-handed, because the puppeteer's right hand is operating the mouth!

• Love 1

I went through older episodes to see the other Belchers writing (Linda was the hardest to find for me), and they're all right-handed. So it looks like Tina being a southpaw is intentional!

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 1