Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This show just made new laugh for a good solid 5 minutes. I've never seen the one where Tina breaks her leg (ankle?) and stats conversing with Jimmy Jr via video link. The two blond girls (can't remember their names) state that tuna must be working AI in Jimmy Jr. AI meaning As If. Zeek, not the brightest bulb there, looks at then and states "you guys are making me feel smart". I'm still laughing.

• Love 3

Neighbor: Fromage-inary friends cheese shop

Exterminator: Working on My Mite Moves

Burger(s) of The Day: The Olive Me, Why Not Take Olive Me? Burger

Bob gave Linda a romantic high five when they got engaged instead of a ring? Wow, classic lame Bob. And I love that Teddy has their anniversary saved on his phone. And the kids just HAD to ruin the one time Bob gets a win.

I LOVED seeing Angry Bob in that limo.

I LOVED seeing Nat again. She's Adult Louise, I love her so much. She has a giant iguana and a sword, what's not to love?

"I gotta go help Aunt Gayle with her eye drops because she's Gayle." Yeah, that says everything about her. She's hilarious in that annoying sort of way. I laughed way too hard at her freaking out in the liquor store.

"How do you relax?!"
"I don't."

"I wasn't wetty for this!" I should've figured there was a real Mr. Wetty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

How could Linda forget their anniversary? It’s 9/3. Nine is divisible by three.

So glad the show is back! And Nat and the pink limo, too, LOL. She’s so connected, her friends are always letting her in places.

Awww, the ending was so sweet! God, I love this show. It must go on forever.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

The animation is just superb, the details from the kids pacing in a circle to how Linda turns over onto her stomach to get burned.

Not to mention the visuals of everyone diving and snorkeling in knee-deep water.

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I LOVED seeing Nat again. She's Adult Louise, I love her so much. She has a giant iguana and a sword, what's not to love?

I haven't watched from the beginning - was that the first time we learned Nat's last name?

I am so glad that this show is back, it fills my heart with happiness! Bob giving Linda an engagement high five is classic Bob, and I am glad that things worked out, even if he didnt get the ring back. He didnt exactly get the win he wanted, but I would still classify this one as a win. 

I loved seeing Nat again, living her best life and being awesome!

"The lazy river is a flat circle." 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I haven't watched from the beginning - was that the first time we learned Nat's last name?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it was. Her previous appearance was in “V for Valentine-detta”, which I have seen one or twelve times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

"It [the ring] was 329 dollars, which I'm paying off in 24 monthy installments of $15, with interest."

That was so very Bob.  And also, 9% interest (8.82%, compounded), in case you were curious.  I'm surprised they didn't go much higher--that's right at a plausible-for-Bob and 2019 interest rate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A lovely ep. I didn't realize how much I missed this show.

Cracked up at Teddy saying, "I got pinkeye on my foot once."

I loved when all the kids were holding Bob in the water. So sweet. As was the ending with the birds.

Linda: Out love isn't in a big giant ring, ya dummy… Our love is in everything we built together, after you begged me to settle for you.

• Love 6

What a sweet episode.

Romantic high five

The jabs at Gayle

Love Nat

I knew water made my wiener shrink but not my fingers

Maybe because fingers are the wieners of the hand

I'm just gonna slowly go under water like people in the movies

No, stay on land. You're a land dad.

Another marriage saved by Nat Kin-kle

I felt so bad for Bob. He wanted so badly to give Linda something nice.

We're poor...and gross. Well she's great, I'm gross.

Poor Bob

Loved the little bird ending.

• Love 4

Episode 2:

"Boys Just Wanna Have Fungus"

Bob and Gene try to acquire a rare mushroom for a Burger of the Day. Tina thinks her new prescription glasses have given her a superpower.

Airs October 6, 2019.

• Love 3

Neighbor: Whine Country marriage counseling

Exterminator: Mice Try

Burger(s) of The Day: The Hunt For Red Onion-Tober Burger

I am totally like Gene when it comes to anything outdoors. I've made many squeaks like him before. Yeah, Bob should know better than to tell those two jerks they found the rare mushrooms. I really want to try those.

"Call me Draco Malfoy, because I'm Slytherin!" Gene was once again on fire with the one liners.

"You look like a glamorous Henry Kissinger!"

Tina being able to actually SEE for the first time was just hilarious to me. Of course she mostly looked at butts. Loved Linda's song.

"Hey...burrito doctor. You're late with the penguin again."

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

Those guys were mean. Come on, Bob, you should know better. Why would you give them up? I'd be like, 'ok, we're walking home.' Or call Linda.

Normally Teddy is overly much, but the screaming for the pen cracked me up.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 3

In rewatching last week's episode, they said that their anniversary was 9/3. September 3rd. But they were acting like it was the middle of summer. Am I wrong in thinking it would be a little cool for swimming at that time? Also, why weren't the kids in school? Around here school starts about mid August.

2 hours ago, Aryanna said:

In rewatching last week's episode, they said that their anniversary was 9/3. September 3rd. But they were acting like it was the middle of summer. Am I wrong in thinking it would be a little cool for swimming at that time? Also, why weren't the kids in school? Around here school starts about mid August.

I don't know how it is in New Jersey, but here in Cali it most definitely is still summer on September 3rd. September is actually one of the hottest months of the year, sometimes it makes you actually want to go back to school just to get air conditioning.

As for them being in school, the episode took place over a day and a night, so I think it's fair to assume it was a Saturday and Sunday.

As for this week's episode: I got stuck on the way Louise was played. I couldn't quite tell if she was completely messing with Tina or actually did think she might have superpowers. The scene where she asks Tina to read the sign across the street (saying she herself couldn't do it) is the one I really couldn't tell with. I actually expected the episode to end with someone saying that they needed to take Louise in to get her vision checked.

• Love 4

Louise messing with Tina was classic Louise, but the episode description made me think the Tina plot was going to be fun—it wasn’t. 

“I can see clearly now. Hey, look, the rain is gone.” 😆

As a glasses-wearer, I can totally relate to the feeling of getting a new pair of glasses with an updated prescription.

Louise’s “oh, God no” when Bob asked if she wanted to go foraging is me 100%. 

“Do we need to get out of the car or is this a drive-thru situation?” Gene is my spirit animal. One of the 5 or so Subways in my town has a drive-thru, so it’s the only one I go to now. I wish everything had a drive-thru.

• Love 6

I love Bob and Gene plots, they always crack me up. "Someone must have put it there, probably God." "I think we might survive about three days, a long weekend, if we had you." 

Teddy freaking out about the highlighter was my highlight (hah!) of the Tina and Louise plot. And Linda's Tina song.

• Love 4

I'm sorry Bob had his mushrooms taken, but yay on Gene for stashing some in his socks. And also for wiping his cheesy fingers on rocks so they could find their way back.

$30/oz. Is that realistic? I know some food items are ridiculously expensive, but that's insane. BTW, I don't expect the show to be realistic; I was just wondering.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, link417 said:

Louise’s “oh, God no” when Bob asked if she wanted to go foraging is me 100%. 

Those shady mushroom thieves would have been lucky to leave that forest with their lives if Louise had been there.

4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

$30/oz. Is that realistic? I know some food items are ridiculously expensive, but that's insane. BTW, I don't expect the show to be realistic; I was just wondering.

53 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Truffle mushrooms are $95/oz (white truffles being almost twice as much) so those are a steal

Here I am thinking ginger root is expensive!

• Love 5
23 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I don't know how it is in New Jersey, but here in Cali it most definitely is still summer on September 3rd. September is actually one of the hottest months of the year, sometimes it makes you actually want to go back to school just to get air conditioning.

As for them being in school, the episode took place over a day and a night, so I think it's fair to assume it was a Saturday and Sunday.

As for this week's episode: I got stuck on the way Louise was played. I couldn't quite tell if she was completely messing with Tina or actually did think she might have superpowers. The scene where she asks Tina to read the sign across the street (saying she herself couldn't do it) is the one I really couldn't tell with. I actually expected the episode to end with someone saying that they needed to take Louise in to get her vision checked.

I didn't get to see the whole episode this week because football ran long and made everything about 5 or 10 minutes late so my DVR cut off. GRRrrrrr. It cut off when the woman and  2 dudes had Bob's car keys.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm surprised Bob is ok with leaving Linda to cook. 

She must cook all the time. There have been plenty of situations where she's been in charge of the restaurant while Bob is off having adventures. For instance, in the food truck episode, Bob says they have to have both the food truck and the restaurant open to make money. 

• Love 3

Neighbor: Put The Lotion on the Masket day spa

Exterminator: Are Your There, Bug? It's Me, Margaret.

Burger(s) of The Day: The What if Peapod Was One Of Us Burger

Oof, I can feel for Bob. And the other sad dads.

So great to see Troop 257 again. And Mike the Mailman again. And another shoutout to Gene's probably imaginary albino friend Ken. Man, Troop 257 is just NASTY. I thought they would destroy the other boats when that one girl got stuck up the tree. No...they just cheat. And then not get caught for cheating? Oh well.

"You're teaching us to LIE! All this time I thought we were naturally bad but it's all the nuturing!"

I also feel for Louise about being dragged somewhere with the parents that I REALLY didn't want to go to.

"MomGenes!"
"They fit great!"

"Are they watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel while waiting for ribs?! This is heaven?!"

Man, Gene was great with the one liners again. 

• Love 5

Oh yeah, I've definitely seen parents who keep dragging their kids to things they are clearly too old for, and it looked like Gene and Louise were definitely older than everyone there. It was nice that the captain seemed to know what was going on right away and sympathized with them.

The return of Troop 257 again, they're still some devious little girls! "Does that girl have a teardrop under her eye?" "She draws it on before every meeting. I think."

Ribs and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel really does sound like a great night.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Is it me or were nearly all the voices done by Rachel Dratch and  H. Jon Benjamin?

The fire captain especially was jarring, considering it was somewhat like Bob's voice, but wasn't.

Also, I'm fairly certain Kristen Schaal voiced one of the 257 girls.

I hope I never treated my dad like the 257 girls. I know I probably did a time or two tho. We were all brats every now and then.

Loved Bob at the end saying I guess we don't need money. Poor poor Bob.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 2

Neighbor: Drag Me to Gel Hair Supplies 

Exterminator: The Exor-Pest

Those two went by QUICK. Thank God I had the DVR.

Burger(s) of The Day: The 28 Maize Later burger (comes with corn salsa), The Corn-juring Two Burger (comes with even more corn salsa)

I love Jocelyn. "Tina's pig is scaring our pig that's trying to rest!"

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: This was maybe the grossest episode so far? At least in a while? The A-plot had Tina digging through a dumpster of dissected pig fetuses, while the B-plot was about Bob getting a ball of wax out of his ear. Seriously, I was fine with the dead pig haunting Tina with its organs falling out, but Tina digging through the dumpster was getting too much for me. Speaking of the B-plot I'm not surprised that Linda was being turned on about sticking that syringe in Bob's ear.

"Aww, we'll be dead. We can laugh at them from heaven."
"I'm looking forward to it!"

Gene was, again, hilarious. Not shocked at all that he'd try to eat earwax.

Aww, Tina didn't have a costume this year. Louise as The Bjorn Identity and Gene as Fiona Applesauce were genius. It's been a while since this show's gone surreal. I liked the visual of Louise having multiple arms, and Gene being made of applesauce.

Even in Tina's dreams Zeke is looking out for J-Ju (and in reality Tina getting some from him). I love that.

• Love 2

I agree that this episode was kind of gross (mainly with the earwax and the pig entrails.  the pig itself was kind of cute when it was just floating around).

Gene was definitely on fire.  "What's with the angry whispering?  I was trying to enjoy my nice midnight charcuterie." 

• Love 6