Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So fun to recognize Jordan Peele's obnoxious girlfriend "Meegan" character voice as Felix's obnoxious girlfriend! We quote Meegan a LOT in our house.

The James Bond-ish closing theme with Linda singing "WhaaaaaarfHOOOOORSE" was epic. A bit nonsensical in the context of the episode, but brilliant and epic nonetheless.

I finally saw this episode, and I think it is my new favorite.  Such an ordinary plot (little girl afraid of the dentist) made hysterical because of oddball family members and a good-natured dentist.  I love that Louise had a "go bag" stashed, but her plan was that of a child's -- [paraphrasing] "this is a school ID with your name penciled in.  I'm going to call the cops now so they can take you home." "Ok, bye!"  Tina was a surprisingly effective mole; her ordinary awkwardness covered up her awkwardness from being the inside man.

I'm going to a TV-themed Burlesque show this weekend, and I just read that there is going to be a Tina Belcher striptease. This makes me so incredibly happy! I hope the performer gets the Tina moan down just right. Hee!

• Love 1

I like it that Bob and I have the same attitude about cell phones. Calling, texting, what more do you need?

Overall, a funny, slightly suspenseful season ender. Loved Mr. Fishoeder's blase vibe, even in the face of death. Do not underestimate that character's contribution to the show.

And in all the excitement, I totally forgot about Tina's bike lock until the end credits. Ha!

I saw Megan Mullally in a play last night, and for the first five or ten minutes, I couldn't hear anything but Aunt Gayle.  Luckily, that faded pretty fast.  But for a minute there I had some serious church giggles.  (Also, she's an amazing dramatic actress.  Incredible.)

This corner of the world needed a chalkboard to write up about the show in general.

Here's the article I saw today, which gets far too real-estate-y and destroys one of the lovable things about the show, which is that no one in America can claim it's the Hometown to Tina Belcher.  Bob's can't really be in Ocean City NJ, right?   We should be thankful there are no Jersey accents or tanning salons, I suppose.

BTW, in clicking on the "start topic" button, and seeing we can post and manage topical polls?  We need to take advantage of this.

• Love 1

Very happy that Bob's is nominated for "Outstanding Animated Program" along with Archer, Futurama, South Park and TMNT.  I completely forgot that South Park actually aired episodes in 2013  (I thought they were quite forgettable...)  I can see Bob's taking the category.

• Love 1

One of my favorite Linda moments is when she helps the strikers at the museum with their chants.

Boys are from Mars,

Girls are from Venus.

I've got a yum-yum. you've got a penis!

and

Wiggle your hips, shake your butt,

Drop your pants & pick 'em back up!

• Love 3

It's back! Happy day!

This was such a fantastic episode. Then again, with a premise like "Die Hard: The Musical: A One Gene Show" this was to be expected. And of course the Die Hard/Working Girl mashup show was amazing. It was just so insane. Regular-Sized Rudy makes a great Carl Winslow and Zeke was a perfect John McClaine.

Nice to see Courtney and her dad again.

"Did not make the cut. I guess I'll have to win an Oscar for wrestling."

I like how Bob calls Linda crazy, and she completely agrees with that.

• Love 2

It was a pretty good episode.  I thought that one of the funniest scenes was when 'Hans Gruber' fell off of the building and they used the backdrop to give the clever illusion of him falling to his death, followed by the cheesy effect of the doll being lowered from the building cutout by being tied to a string. 

The song during the end credits (with Carly Simon singing along, no less!) was pretty good, too.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 4

I thought that one of the funniest scenes was when 'Hans Gruber' fell off of the building and they used the backdrop to give the clever illusion of him falling to his death

I loved that. Ingenious. I wonder if that technique has actually been used.

Love that when Gene first saw Die Hard he kept asking, "Why is no one singing?!"

I also liked when the Carly Simon fan came up to Courtney's dad, said, "You probably think this slap is about you," then slapped him.

• Love 3
I loved that. Ingenious. I wonder if that technique has actually been used.

They do something similar in Urinetown when someone is thrown off a roof; they kind of roll the set forward. Gene just flailing around against the static backdrop was awesome.

I loved the episode, and my favorite part was that the ending mishmash musical was the best of the three.  Teamwork!  I have grown really fond of everyone at Wagstaff; it's getting to be that any school-related plot is going to be a hit with me.  Regular Sized Rudy and his bottomless resilience are always a welcome treat, but I also really love Jocelyn and agree that waiting is gross.  As dramatic a girl as she is, I'm surprised that Tammy wasn't in the mix, but I guess they might've had some Jenny Slate-related limitations.

Tina in Sigourney Weaver wear was hilarious, and I'm so happy the show is finally back.  C'est la vie.

I liked the little bit of Roshoman that they used with the kids. The whole dueling musicals was pretty funny, and I'm glad the whole takeaway was everyone working together in the end.