Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: The Maternal Conclusion

I am glad Raj doesn't move. He is Hailey's godfather. Raj deserves someone who has a soul. Anu is not romantic, doesn't like music, treats waitstaff like they are garbage, and I'm not sure that they like each other. Yes, she can be a little different than Raj, but they should have at least one thing other than, "I want to get married and my parents chose you" in common. Howard was right, Raj deserves someone who knows what a proposal in Notting Hill means. Even if they argue over which movie is more romantic, "Sleepless in Seattle" or "The Proposal", they should have something. I'd prefer a wonderful meet cute for Raj at the end than to think about him giving up the things that make him Raj so he can be with a woman who doesn't seem to appreciate anyone or anything. They told us a lot about what Annoy doesn't like, but nothing about what she does like.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Sheldon was a Grade A dick in this episode. Completely clueless and such an insufferable asshole to Leonard, supposedly his best friend. God, I fucking hate the character.

I just wanted someone, anyone, to point out to him how he'd feel if his own mother treated him that way. Sheldon never gets something unless he can relate it to something in his own repertoire of experiences and memories so how about Amy point out how necessary his mom's love is to him? That's not that long an explanation. 

Or how about just saying "don't be an asshole, your friend is in pain"? That would work too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Given that Raj has seen his friends' marriages -- especially how Bernadette treats Howard -- how can he continue to believe in fairy tales? 

Good question!  None of the couples on the show are "romantic."   Maybe Jane-Austen-Little -House-on-the-Prairie-lovin' Amy should have ended up with rom-com-lovin Raj!  In reality, none of the wives are interested in the things their husbands are in to.  For years, Sheldon made fun of Amy's field of science!  Amy seems fine with physics, but she's not interested in any of Sheldon's other interests.  Penny and Leonard have NOTHING in common and Howard and Bernadette only have a vague shared interest in science that they never discuss.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I liked Mitch.  And I liked the whole Stuart/Denise thing.  I'm glad the writers gave Stuart a good ending and didn't just drop him.

I thought the Leonard/Beverly resolution was pretty good.  Certainly more realistic than having Beverly suddenly become the mother Leonard wanted.  And good for Penny for standing up to Beverly.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Bali said:

Thanks to an ill timed thunderstorm, my episode went from Anu telling Raj she was offered a job to Howard telling Raj that he deserves someone who knows what proposing at Knotting Hill means. (I've been saying that all season. Anu doesn't like music? What kind of person is that?) So, I have no idea what happened this episode.

Basically, Raj told Howard and Bernie he was moving to England.  Then, after he left Bernie told Howard he shouldn't lose his best friend (which kind of makes the whole thing seem selfish and not about Raj at all), and then Howard went to the airport.  You didn't really miss anything substantive.  It just kind of all happened for no reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I would not be at all surprised if Anu shows up in the Finale to propose to Raj with ..."I'm just a girl...asking a boy..." routine.  They have an hour and I am sure there will be some big event where all the characters come together to wrap up a lot of things and having her pop in would be about right for how they are wrapping things up...... or having him meet someone at the event who is perfect for him....like Julia Roberts (or Anna Scott)

One thing that I did NOT need wrapped up was Stuart and Denise-I would like those couple of minutes back out of the few that remained after commercials! The nerd off in the store was cute but I never felt that Stuart was a central enough character to merit this.

While Beverly was not a central character, her impact on Leonard and Penny (and Lenny) WAS enough to merit the wrap up we got. While the scenes were obvious and heavy handed and frankly not funny, I felt that it helped show Leonard's growth. And even a cynical guy like me thinks the hug was not part of research...as was said above, she even took off her glasses!

Sheldon was a Grade A dick in this episode. 

Sheldon IS a Grade A dick and is only rarely NOT a Grade A dick....despite Amy's attempt to improve him. On the other hand, now that he knows better, acting the way he did, while not surprising, made him even more of a dick.....an A+ dick and the higher grade would make him happy.

This reminded me of the show Friends' ending.  Wasn't it Rachel going to move to England and Ross chased her to the airport?  I had flashbacks of that with Howard rushing to the airport.  I knew I'd seen this plot before!

Yeah, but Howard got to the right airport and the plane wasn't delayed by a broken "phalangie".

Edited by AriAu
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, AriAu said:

I would not be at all surprised if Anu shows up in the Finale to propose to Raj with ..."I'm just a girl...asking a boy..." routine.  They have an hour and I am sure there will be some big event where all the characters come together to wrap up a lot of things and having her pop in would be about right for how they are wrapping things up...... or having him meet someone at the event who is perfect for him....like Julia Roberts (or Anna Scott)

One thing that I did NOT need wrapped up was Stuart and Denise-I would like those couple of minutes back out of the few that remained after commercials! The nerd off in the store was cute but I never felt that Stuart was a central enough character to merit this.

While Beverly was not a central character, her impact on Leonard and Penny (and Lenny) WAS enough to merit the wrap up we got. While the scenes were obvious and heavy handed and frankly not funny, I felt that it helped show Leonard's growth. And even a cynical guy like me thinks the hug was not part of research...as was said above, she even took off her glasses!

Sheldon IS a Grade A dick and is only rarely NOT a Grade A dick....despite Amy's attempt to improve him. On the other hand, now that he knows better, acting the way he did, while not surprising, made him even more of a dick.....an A+ dick and the higher grade would make him happy.

Yeah, but Howard got to the right airport and the plane wasn't delayed by a broken "phalangie".

I was glad they gave Stuart a nice wrap up. Too many times these shows end and a character, while not THE STAR but still part of the show's history, gets ignored. It leaves you wonders "I wonder what happened to.....?". 

It also wouldn't surprise me if Anu did show up like that. I think they showed Raj is okay with being alone if he can't get what he deserves, so it would be nice if she is what he deserves. I did laugh at the airport hug and the round of applause. Got to throw that whole "gay" thing in one last time. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I found it odd that Raj was moving to England without any plans to return and no one took him to the airport.

I don't think he was actually moving to England on this trip, just going to ask Anu to marry him.  Then, if she accepted, he would move to England.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Trey said:

I don't think he was actually moving to England on this trip, just going to ask Anu to marry him.  Then, if she accepted, he would move to England.

Yes, that was what he was doing! 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Eh, when I don't feel good, I prefer sleeping on the couch to either of our guest beds.  It's comforting, has all my stuff (chargers, Kindle, tablet etc.), is close to the kitchen and bathroom, has the good TV, the dog is there, and--now for a logical detail Sheldon would appreciate--when I'm achy and weak, pushing against the back or arms of the couch makes it easier to get up.

For me, there's also a nostalgia factor--when I was a kid and home sick from school, mom tucked me up on the couch and I got to watch daytime teevee.  Also, as an adult, I have no teevee in my bedroom, so if I want to zone out in front of the tube, the couch it is.  And my couch is really comfy 🙂

8 hours ago, Eataton said:

I thought this was one of the better recent episodes but I knew that "applaud the gay couple" gag was coming before Howard even left for the airport. Have we seen that joke before or is it the predictable writing?

I don't know about the a specific instance of "applaud the gay couple, " but I actually said to the hubs, "Those people are going to applaud at the end of this speech" because it's *such* a romcom trope.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

For me, there's also a nostalgia factor--when I was a kid and home sick from school, mom tucked me up on the couch and I got to watch daytime teevee.  Also, as an adult, I have no teevee in my bedroom, so if I want to zone out in front of the tube, the couch it is.  And my couch is really comfy 🙂

I don't know about the a specific instance of "applaud the gay couple, " but I actually said to the hubs, "Those people are going to applaud at the end of this speech" because it's *such* a romcom trope.

And Raj loves romcoms! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AriAu said:

My problem with Anu proposing to Raj, as many have suggested, is that if he says yes, it's really a "well, I was going to propose to you, but then decided that I liked my life with my best friend Howard more than you, so I decided to not propose to you, but now that you're here proposing to me, well, ok, yeah, I guess so."  And, while I'm not 100% crazy about the character, Anu deserves better than that. 

I wish they had let Raj go to London to propose.  I would have rather had that scene end with Raj & Howard hugging, say I love you, then Raj saying "I'm still going to London and propose to Anu.  Bye."  And have Howard be ok with that.  That would have shown growth in both characters.  Now we're back to S1Ep1 with them.  meh.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, chaifan said:

My problem with Anu proposing to Raj, as many have suggested, is that if he says yes, it's really a "well, I was going to propose to you, but then decided that I liked my life with my best friend Howard more than you, so I decided to not propose to you, but now that you're here proposing to me, well, ok, yeah, I guess so."  And, while I'm not 100% crazy about the character, Anu deserves better than that. 

I wish they had let Raj go to London to propose.  I would have rather had that scene end with Raj & Howard hugging, say I love you, then Raj saying "I'm still going to London and propose to Anu.  Bye."  And have Howard be ok with that.  That would have shown growth in both characters.  Now we're back to S1Ep1 with them.  meh.

I agree.  You're obviously not too invested in marrying someone if you decide not to propose just because your best friend says not to.  With no real reason other than that she doesn't like rom-coms.  Oh, the horror.  Yes, I know that Raj does, but the perfect couple has things in common and things not in common.  Carbon copies of each other are not going to have the best marriage in the world. 

What would have happened if Raj had gone to Howard before he got married and pointed out that Bernadette doesn't like sci-fi movies or magic? My guess is that Howard would have still married her because he loved her.  Ditto with Leonard and Penny who really don't have that much in common.  This proves to me that Raj either does not love Anu, or that he loves Howard more, or that he basically has no mind of his own.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

ETA:  What I've always wondered about Leonard's siblings is if Beverly treated them the same way.  Are they happy?  What kind of relationship do they have with their Mom?  If they were all treated equally, why didn't Leonard find solace with either of them?  These are things I wish they would've addressed this past season.  

I've also wished that the show would have brought on one of Leonard's other siblings at some point during the show's run just to hear their own take on their relationship with Beverly and Leonard.  They could have had a bone of their own to pick with Leonard and Beverly.  From what's been mentioned Leonard's other siblings are more accomplished in their fields than Leonard is in his. What if an explanation for that was that it was a way of them trying to get their mother's approval while Leonard entered a field he was actually passionate about.  I still laugh about the fact that Beverly wrote a book about Leonard called Needy Baby, Greedy Baby.

Because Raj is a romantic who had this big proposal planned on Notting Hill.   He watches Bridget Jones’s Diaries  and The Good Wife.    I think Howard was trying to tell him to marry someone as romantic as he is not someone who wouldn’t understand his grand romantic gestures. 

So Raj's potential wife can be found among single women who are regular viewers of Hallmark Channel movies.

Edited by AD35
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I agree.  You're obviously not too invested in marrying someone if you decide not to propose just because your best friend says not to.  With no real reason other than that she doesn't like rom-coms.  Oh, the horror.  Yes, I know that Raj does, but the perfect couple has things in common and things not in common.  Carbon copies of each other are not going to have the best marriage in the world. 

What would have happened if Raj had gone to Howard before he got married and pointed out that Bernadette doesn't like sci-fi movies or magic? My guess is that Howard would have still married her because he loved her.  Ditto with Leonard and Penny who really don't have that much in common.  This proves to me that Raj either does not love Anu, or that he loves Howard more, or that he basically has no mind of his own.

Maybe not having that much in common isn't that important in their relationships but for Raj it is. Plus he never said he loved her, he said he liked her. He wanted to propose because he wants to be married and have a family, not because he loves her. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Because Raj is a romantic who had this big proposal planned on Notting Hill.   He watches Bridget Jones’s Diaries  and The Good Wife.    I think Howard was trying to tell him to marry someone as romantic as he is not someone who wouldn’t understand his grand romantic gestures. 

Maybe not someone as romantic as Raj, but at least someone who gets the references he made.  I mean, I think Love, Actually and Notting Hill are crap movies, but I recognized the references to those films and understood what he was going for by making them.

• Love 4

My only regret is that this show waited until the penultimate episode to introduce Mitch. Man, he was hilarious, I laughed at everything he said and did. Spin-off for Mitch!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

Thank you for the link. It states it perfectly she just wasn't his soulmate. It was a big moment for Raj. He didn't need to be with someone he liked, just to be with someone. He has always stuck around these woman who clearly weren't the one because (in addition to the sex), he wanted to just have someone. He realized he has many someones in his friends and he didn't have to settle. He came to terms with it and accepted that he can't force a marriage, just like Leonard had to come to terms and accept his mother the way she is. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I found it odd that Raj was moving to England without any plans to return and no one took him to the airport.

I think he was just going long enough to propose to Anu.  Otherwise he'd have needed to make arrangements for Cinnamon at the very least.  Although he'd still have needed someone to look after her while he was gone.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

With no real reason other than that she doesn't like rom-coms. 

It's not just that she doesn't like rom-coms.  It's that she literally doesn't seem to like anything which is important to Raj, movies, music, romantic gestures.  And she doesn't have to like all that, but she should at least understand some of it.

31 minutes ago, Katy M said:

This proves to me that Raj either does not love Anu

He definitely doesn't love Anu.  And we've seen no evidence of her loving him.  They were each just settling for someone they kinda liked who also wanted to get married.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

My only regret is that this show waited until the penultimate episode to introduce Mitch. Man, he was hilarious, I laughed at everything he said and did. Spin-off for Mitch!

Totally agree!!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe not having that much in common isn't that important in their relationships but for Raj it is. Plus he never said he loved her, he said he liked her. He wanted to propose because he wants to be married and have a family, not because he loves her. 

That was part of my point.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Katy M said:

My problem with Anu isn't just that she doesn't like rom coms. She doesn't like ANYTHING romantic, she thinks it is all stupid. They will never go to a concert, because she HATES music, she just puts up with it because it is the conventional thing to do. Our very first glimpse of her was of her being totally rude to a waitress. How you treat people is a good glimpse of who you are, and that was not good. To me, she's about as developed as Sheldon, except that there are things that he does enjoy. She hasn't liked a thing since she appeared. Even when she decided to make love, it was not a passionate decision, it was because intellectually, that is what should happen. I'm glad they didn't waste my time with her.

As for Bernadette and Howard, they were together for a few years before the proposal. They do things together, just not the sci-fi stuff. We've seen them getting along on dates. Yes, Bernadette is sometimes stern with Howard, but she is completely hot for him and his tight hoochie pants. Howard loves her.

Raj just wants the marriage because he is impatient. Personally, bring back Cinnamon's vet.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Basically, Raj told Howard and Bernie he was moving to England.  Then, after he left Bernie told Howard he shouldn't lose his best friend (which kind of makes the whole thing seem selfish and not about Raj at all), and then Howard went to the airport.  You didn't really miss anything substantive.  It just kind of all happened for no reason.

Thank you. But I really only saw the first five minutes and the last 3. I have no idea what happened with Leonard and Penny, Shamy, or Beverly, Stuart and Denise.

I'm going to have to try to catch this one some other way or wait until the reruns.

I liked this episode.

Bernadette cares about Raj! That was a surprise to me. I didn't take her sending Howard to the airport as selfish. It came across to me that she genuinely saw Raj was settling for a marriage with someone who didn't really want him and who he didn't really want, and it made her sad. I also thought she saw it being a humiliation because Raj was going to show up with this big romantic proposal and she anticipated Anu turning him down. There really wasn't much evidence that Anu was going to say yes, at all.

I was glad Raj didn't go to England, but I was having Friends flashbacks and it was kind of distracting. I don't really want Anu to come back to propose to Raj, because even if she decided in a very out of character way that she can't live without him, there was no sign that he actually felt that way about her.

And yes, too much of a romantic fantasy can impede actual relationships from happening, but we've always seen Raj approaching relationships from a perspective of desperation and not really being true to himself or getting to know his partner. It's always been about him just grasping at whatever he thought he could get. That also kills real relationship potential.

I liked Leonard's story with Beverly, and I also liked how it reflected his relationships with Penny and Amy. Sheldon regressing was unwelcome and annoying.

I liked Stuart and Denise, but I didn't like how they handled the "Denise basically living there" issue with them and Howard/Bernadette. You can't really invite an adult to rent a room and not allow them to have company. But you also can't rent a room and not have your guest behave respectfully and not like an entitled brat. But I did like the overall direction.

I would have liked to watch this show all along, where the characters actually develop and they negotiate their issues, and their relationships show some depth, so we could have seen more of Leonard, Raj, and Stuart growing throughout the season, instead of treading water and then packing it all into the last few episodes. It's like they had a formula of nothing happening, and didn't want to break that until the last second.

I always like the show more when it is about them all caring about each other than when it's about them being stagnant and mean. Snarking is okay, but genuinely enjoying each others' misery or just not caring is no fun. So I liked this one.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I liked this episode.

Bernadette cares about Raj! That was a surprise to me. I didn't take her sending Howard to the airport as selfish. It came across to me that she genuinely saw Raj was settling for a marriage with someone who didn't really want him and who he didn't really want, and it made her sad. I also thought she saw it being a humiliation because Raj was going to show up with this big romantic proposal and she anticipated Anu turning him down. There really wasn't much evidence that Anu was going to say yes, at all.

I was glad Raj didn't go to England, but I was having Friends flashbacks and it was kind of distracting. I don't really want Anu to come back to propose to Raj, because even if she decided in a very out of character way that she can't live without him, there was no sign that he actually felt that way about her.

And yes, too much of a romantic fantasy can impede actual relationships from happening, but we've always seen Raj approaching relationships from a perspective of desperation and not really being true to himself or getting to know his partner. It's always been about him just grasping at whatever he thought he could get. That also kills real relationship potential.

I liked Leonard's story with Beverly, and I also liked how it reflected his relationships with Penny and Amy. Sheldon regressing was unwelcome and annoying.

I liked Stuart and Denise, but I didn't like how they handled the "Denise basically living there" issue with them and Howard/Bernadette. You can't really invite an adult to rent a room and not allow them to have company. But you also can't rent a room and not have your guest behave respectfully and not like an entitled brat. But I did like the overall direction.

I would have liked to watch this show all along, where the characters actually develop and they negotiate their issues, and their relationships show some depth, so we could have seen more of Leonard, Raj, and Stuart growing throughout the season, instead of treading water and then packing it all into the last few episodes. It's like they had a formula of nothing happening, and didn't want to break that until the last second.

I always like the show more when it is about them all caring about each other than when it's about them being stagnant and mean. Snarking is okay, but genuinely enjoying each others' misery or just not caring is no fun. So I liked this one.

Bernadette knew Anu would not appreciate the romantic proposal and hurt Raj. 

• Love 4

What? Another episode that didn't revolve around Sheldon? Why, that makes two of them this season! It must be a sign of the apocalypse. 

Does Stuart not pay rent and chip in for groceries? 

I don't think he pays rent but he does help with the babies which is why Bernadette was OK with him being there.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I had the feeling that her interest in Leonard was genuine and she just made the excuse that it was for "research purposes".  It would have been better if there was some sort of plausible lead-up to this because it came out of the blue and seemed a bit contrived as a result, but I'll take it.

There was an episode in which she started calling Penny, and Penny said that Beverly was lonely. Beverly was complimentary about Penny, and to Leonard for having "married well".

• Love 3
(edited)

My biggest problem with Raj and Anu is that this should have happened two months ago. This is only the third time we’ve seen her since January and the previous two episodes did not bring up their issues. Even if the the actress couldn’t appear there should have been lines thrown in alluding to their incompatibility and Howard’s concerns.  Instead I had to sit through on entire episode focused on Howard and Raj riding a moped. I wanted him to go to London just because it meant they were finally doing something with his character. 

9 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I think he was just going long enough to propose to Anu.  Otherwise he'd have needed to make arrangements for Cinnamon at the very least.  Although he'd still have needed someone to look after her while he was gone.

Do we even know where Raj is living at the moment? I think the last time it was mentioned was when he moved out of Leonard and Penny’s and started renting a room from Bert. If he’s still living there I imagine Bert was watching Cinnamon. 

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, ChitChat said:

What I've always wondered about Leonard's siblings is if Beverly treated them the same way.

Didn't Leonard say they were more successful so he thought his mother liked them more? Yeah, it would've been nice to see at least one of his siblings and his mother interact. They've covered siblings of Raj, Penny, Sheldon, and even Howard's half brother. Maybe they should do Young Leonard like Young Sheldon. Does Christine Baranski have an actress daughter who looks like her? lol

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Okay, so Raj better meet this miraculous perfect for him woman pretty early next week, or I'm gonna be mad.

I know it's a real longshot, but I'd love to see Yvette the Vet come back.  But in all likelihood it'll be Anu at the end if Raj doesn't end up solo.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, AriAu said:

I hope you're right - that would be the kind of "epic moment" between them that would confirm that they're right for each other.  If she were the one making a grand romantic gesture it would show that she could meet him "on his turf" and stretch herself outside her usual comfort zone.  It would also reassure the audience that she does have a heart and cares for him.

I remember in the final season of "Frasier" he met a really nice woman toward the latter part of the season and even at the very end it looked like he wasn't going to end up with her.  She announced in the third to last episode that she was able to buy back her old company in Chicago and bid him a teary goodbye.  Then Frasier ended up getting a great job offer in San Francisco, and everyone thought to the very end that he was going there when in the final moment of the last scene of the entire series it became clear when the pilot announced they were landing that he was not on a flight to SF, but to Chicago!  He said something to the effect that he had to take the chance that she might be "the one".  I think Raj is in a similar place in his life in general and with Anu.  He doesn't know she's right for him, but if he doesn't take a chance to be with her, he'll never know.  I am wondering if this show is leading up to a very last minute scenario with Raj like the one from Frasier.

Edited by Yeah No
clarity
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I know it's a real longshot, but I'd love to see Yvette the Vet come back.  But in all likelihood it'll be Anu at the end if Raj doesn't end up solo.

Yvette the Vet – From your keyboard to His ears!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

9 HOURS AGO, TREY SAID:

I don't think he was actually moving to England on this trip, just going to ask Anu to marry him. Then, if she accepted, he would move to England.

Isn't this a retread of Sheldon hopping on a plane to propose to Amy?
And I don't see the difference between Anu not liking romcoms and Penny, Bernadette, and Amy not liking Star Wars and Comic Con stuff. How long was it before Penny even tried to figure out the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek?

2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Raj and Howard were a running joke for some time.  And quite a funny one so having one last Raj and Howard joke was actually appropriate.

Yes, but…
One of my 30-something daughters is very active in the queer community, and I'm pretty sure she'd find the running joke about Howard and Raj's bromance offensive, even though I'm also pretty sure the joke is supposed to be poking fun at homophobia.
IDK, but I doubt this will age well in reruns, just like some 70s shows have jokes about feminism and racism that make me squirm a bit.
It will be interesting to see if it holds up.
Or maybe we won't have to wait that long. 
And there's probably slash fanfic being written about this episode as I type.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Does Christine Baranski have an actress daughter who looks like her? lol

Yes, but she's currently on Roswell: New Mexico, heh. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

First of all, is the finale a regular half hour episode, or is it an hour?  I can't seem to find any info on that.

I guess I am also in the minority.  I thought Raj should go to England.  And what business of it is Bernadette's and Howard's?  It was pretty much like Bernadette herself bullied Howard into agreeing with her and sending him to the airport to stop him.  Raj is an adult and can make his own decisions.  (even though I always did think the Raj/Anu relationship was a bit rushed).

Other than that, I pretty much liked the episode.  Loved creepy roommate.  He scenes were pretty much the only time I laughed.  And glad to see Stuart finally find a LTR as the show concludes. 

And I liked the mother/son hug at the end.  Even though I felt those scenes dragged on a bit too long at times.  I liked the resolution of it though.  (hopefully!)

Looking forward to the finale with both fondness and sadness.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, brgjoe said:

First of all, is the finale a regular half hour episode, or is it an hour?  I can't seem to find any info on that.

Titan TV says 1 hour and 1 minute.

So, if anyone wants to DVR the finale, be sure to set it for more than even one hour.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And I don't see the difference between Anu not liking romcoms and Penny, Bernadette, and Amy not liking Star Wars and Comic Con stuff. How long was it before Penny even tried to figure out the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek?

How hard do the guys ever work at trying to interest themselves in what their partners like?  Leonard made a doomed effort in an early episode but after that I don't recall any significant effort on his part to do things Penny wants to do (not that they've been having Penny do much with regard to sports or swimming or anything in years).  They don't even try and find outside interests for Bernadette.  It's like the guys have comics and science fiction and the women have - ?

Edited by Homily
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Homily said:

It's like the guys have comics and science fiction and the women have - ?

Amy plays the harp and watches Little House on the Prairie.

Penny does yoga.

Bernadette hides in her kids' playhouse and drinks

I don't think it's important that couples share every interest.

• Love 4
On 5/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, Katy M said:

Rachel was moving to Paris.  I kind of wanted her to move too, although, I don't really think it was fair to Ross and Emma. However, I always hated the Ross/Rachel pairing. Ugh.

me too!  I thought I was alone with these feelings!  I could never see how Rachel and Ross could be a good couple with the way they treated each other.

As for Raj and Anu?  I'm hoping that Anu comes back and has a big romantic moment/proposal for Raj because she's wanted to appreciate Raj and his desires.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Have we seen Amy’s harp since she moved in with Sheldon?

Coincidentally there was a rerun tonight that was from season 10 and after Sheldon and Amy are living together where he references Amy having a harp lesson.   Not sure where she keeps that harp in that tiny apartment though!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Amy plays the harp and watches Little House on the Prairie.

Penny does yoga.

Bernadette hides in her kids' playhouse and drinks

I don't think it's important that couples share every interest.

—which makes Howard's(Bernadette's) argument for Raj not marrying Anu hypocritical unless Howie and Bernie announce they are getting divorced—which I don't expect, so, then, just hypocritical.

• Love 1