Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Sacrifice

• Start Topic

A violent crew is hitting pharmaceutical delivery trucks and stealing drugs, but their motivation is more complicated than just money. The case tests Upton and Ruzek's relationship.

17 minutes ago, rhys said:

Man the cost of drug$ is frightening. I wonder if the woman could have gone to Canada instead. That was such a sad back story.

Was the cost $4k or $40k? If $40k, how could anyone other than a millionaire afford such a price? In the end, Brennan (Anne Heche) said her mother had to sell her house to afford the drug. Unless you own a mansion your house will only give short term relief.

Is the content of the episode even close to being real?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, preeya said:

Was the cost $4k or $40k? If $40k, how could anyone other than a millionaire afford such a price? In the end, Brennan (Anne Heche) said her mother had to sell her house to afford the drug. Unless you own a mansion your house will only give short term relief.

Is the content of the episode even close to being real?

I was once on a biological drug that was $15k a shot. Had to do that every six weeks. Thank heavens for good insurance. Sad thing was I didn't get the desired outcome from it. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

In the end, the woman did get those drugs.  Of course the supply was limited. 

I wonder who Ruzek is going to end up in bed with next?   Perhaps back with Burgess?

My bet is Trudy.

Mouch is gonna be pissed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think the more relevant question is which co-worker Upton is going to 'not date' next, seeing as she doesn't date co-workers & continues to date co-workers.

Ruzek has had two long term relationships since he's been on the show. He's hardly 'Severide'...even Halstead & Dawson have had more hookups than him so I don't get the constant references to his bed hopping. It was three years between Burgess and Upton...not three weeks.

Anyway Ruzek has served his purpose, and he'll be shoved back into the background next season like Atwater and Burgess and trotted out once of twice a year for an epsiode. He's done his job, he's made Upton appear 'vulnerable' & blocked her from Halstead for a season. They couldn't put her with Atwater because he's a nice guy and she would have copped flack for treating him like something she stepped in 90% of the time while she made gooey eyes at Halstead every other week.

Burzek isn't coming back while Eid is in charge, he has made it quite clear he doesn't like them and considering the hate his upzek pairing got from Burzek fans he's petty enough to never have them look at each other again.

Hopefully that's the end of in-house romances. They all need to date outside the office. ALL OF THEM.

• Love 4

I didn’t quite understand the exchange between the Ann Heche character and Voight at the end. Was he trying to get that medicine to the woman who needed it, but she had already done so? It is obscene what some drugs cost. 

• Love 3

Casting changes not yet addressed on the show should be discussed in the Spoiler thread.

(edited)
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I didn’t quite understand the exchange between the Ann Heche character and Voight at the end. Was he trying to get that medicine to the woman who needed it, but she had already done so? It is obscene what some drugs cost. 

Bingo! That's correct.

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thank you, Trudy for finally dropping the knowledge the Upton needed to hear to finally end this relationship. If he's the guy, make it work, but one of you has to leave Intelligence. If neither of you are leaving Intelligence, then what you have is not worth either of you ruining your careers.

This is the exact stuff I wish someone told Matt and Gabby on Fire, and Natalie and Will on Med.

The show need no more inner-unit relationships. Let them find love the normal way, finding a relationship outside of the job. Though it seems every time one of them might have this, it ends. Kevin found a woman, but wound up having turn her in for an old crime. Burgess had a good thing going that she didn't realize until after the guy had been killed. It'd be nice if the writers actually allowed one of these outside relationships to actually go somewhere.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WinJet0819 said:

Thank you, Trudy for finally dropping the knowledge the Upton needed to hear to finally end this relationship. If he's the guy, make it work, but one of you has to leave Intelligence. If neither of you are leaving Intelligence, then what you have is not worth either of you ruining your careers.

This is the exact stuff I wish someone told Matt and Gabby on Fire, and Natalie and Will on Med.

The show need no more inner-unit relationships. Let them find love the normal way, finding a relationship outside of the job. Though it seems every time one of them might have this, it ends. Kevin found a woman, but wound up having turn her in for an old crime. Burgess had a good thing going that she didn't realize until after the guy had been killed. It'd be nice if the writers actually allowed one of these outside relationships to actually go somewhere.

Sadly I think we have a season of angsty, across the bullpen, longing looks between Halstead & Upton to look forward too & very little of anyone else.

• Love 1