Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Missing Pieces

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, paigow said:

If Not!Coulson already had an 18 wheeler, why did the guys without vehicles need to open a portal for him?

"Hey we missed the meeting point....we have to run 100 km in 10 minutes...."

It seems as if they had a fixed insertion point and if a structure was there already, the museum, or the wall in the first guy's case then Sarge and his war wagon could have emerged as part of the museum.

I understand it makes as little sense as in Star Trek when beaming into gas shouldn't be any different than beaming into a solid

On 5/13/2019 at 1:32 AM, tennisgurl said:

There is not actually a natural history museum in Muncie, sadly

And now we know why. 😉

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I hope the stuff in space is done soon because i didn't really care for it. Too star treky and that's not a good thing. Although the incredibly slow torpedoes fired on Daisy's ship were kind of hilarious.

In an episode full of WTF, this one made me question my own sanity.  Did they just see torpedoes fired at them, then casually go to their stations, start the engines or whatever, and fly out of the way before they got hit?  I know this is just TV, but come on!  Someone thought that that even made sense?

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 4
On 5/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, Humbugged said:

So even though Jed and Mo knew exactly what was going to happen in Endgame they were faced with either writing a show that might have been forced to air in March that would spoil the film or just take a step round it all together

So blame ABC for not sticking to their guns when they originally said it would air after Endgame and then havered about when it would be back 

I very much doubt Jed and Maurissa knew what was going to happen in Endgame. Not sure what would lead you to believe otherwise.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

I very much doubt Jed and Maurissa knew what was going to happen in Endgame. Not sure what would lead you to believe otherwise.

I believe that. I read that the only actor that was allowed to read the whole script was Robert Downey Jr. So if there kept the plot that secret there is no way they are telling the writers of only a slightly connected tv show.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 2:07 AM, moonshine71 said:

General fan speculation and also I feel like the show also kind of left open the door that they are still aware of the doings of the movie side, in my opinion.  Plus, didn't Jed and Maurissa a year ago told the public that the reason why they didn't show the Snap was that the movie date was moved up into April or something (and I remember posting it here on the forums)? Which to me sounds like bs but if some people actually did buy that then it really didn't clarify that they would've not known. It, in my opinion, and just moved the blame to the movie side (I mean if the movie side didn't even bother to tell them about the Snapp then yeah, maybe they are partially to blame). But still, in my opinion, they seemed to have left open the possibility that they could still address it in future episodes and was at least aware of it... But again that seemed to be just an excuse for something that I feel like many people are waking up to. 

(edited)

I'd be okay if the show turned out to be an alternate timeline created by the shenanigans in Endgame.

Don't know about blonde Daisy and Jemma's bangs.

Hate that Mack and Yo-Yo broke up.

The space shots look amazing. Really well done.

I like the new character Dr. Heller.

Poor May.

Edited by VCRTracking

4 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I'd be okay if the show turned out to be an alternate timeline created by the shenanigans in Endgame.

I doubt that Endgame is going to affect this season. It looks like they want to do this season "pre-snap" so it's happening before Infinity War (which makes no sense, in my opinion). 

• Love 2

Decent episode, once again undermined by this show's Achilles heel - boring, angsty romance. Of course Mack and Yo-yo have broken up and Jemma has gone all dark in the search of Fitz because god forbid romance leads to happiness rather than angst and tragedy in this show. Funnily enough, May seems more cheerful and talkative when Coulson is not around, I really liked her talks with Yo-yo and Mack. I do enjoy Piper and Davis but what is with the dark lighting in space? Electricity too expensive? At least the SHIELD base is no longer in electricity saving mode.

Did they just see torpedoes fired at them, then casually go to their stations, start the engines or whatever, and fly out of the way before they got hit?  I know this is just TV, but come on!  Someone thought that that even made sense?

Not only that but Jemma said that "sound can't travel in a vacuum" only for this to be followed with sounds of explosions and torpedoes traveling through space a few minutes later.

If that’s how they’re traveling why haven’t they been back to earth in so long?

Yes, this bugged me too - if they can teleport all the way to Earth whenever they want, the crew's fatigue from the year long journey makes no sense, they could have rotated it as much as they wanted, surely there would be enough volunteers for a space mission and there wouldn't be any dilemma whether to go home or to push on. I guess the idea is that fuel is super hard to obtain but still, annoying. And as usual, we can be certain that Jemma will be easily forgiven even if one of the red shirts kicks the bucket.

It made me uncomfortable when Daisy and Jemma tortured that alien for information - just what is with this show's fondness for torture scenes anyway? And what is with their new haircuts? No good hairdressers in space?

• Love 2