Type keyword(s) to search

And Now Your Watch Has Ended: We Shall Never See Your Like Again

• Start Topic

Dovaogēdys!

You have served your master (the show) well, never faltered, survived under almost impossibly harsh conditions and remained loyal and true. You are hereby released from your vows and set free to venture forth into the world (of ice and fire, heh) to seek new adventures information.

Thank you for your unique and insightful perspectives over the years, truly.

-----------

As there's only ever one chance to make a first impression; this thread is here to capture your reactions to new information you couldn't have known until now. You're in a unique (singular, positively singular!) position to tell the GoT/ASOIAF fandom which things come as a revelation to each of you. Whether from the books, HBO extras, interviews, articles - you get the idea.

If you intend to read the books collectively, let us know and we can start a separate topic in here specifically for your book reviews.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I am still afraid to venture forth into the unknown...it is so ingrained in me now to look away and avert my eyes!

Perhaps take a look at the HBO Histories & Lore videos to ease you into the world of 'extra content'.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Perhaps take a look at the HBO Histories & Lore videos to ease you into the world of 'extra content'.

Thanks for the suggestion of where to begin...I want to peek at the Non Bookwalker threads now, but I also don't because if we read the books I don't want to be spoilered in any way, shape or form...Uch, it's still not over for us Unsullied, is it?!?

3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Thanks for the suggestion of where to begin...I want to peek at the Non Bookwalker threads now, but I also don't because if we read the books I don't want to be spoilered in any way, shape or form...Uch, it's still not over for us Unsullied, is it?!?

'No Book Talk' topics won't spoil you for the books, they're show-only topics, the odd post that contains any book talk was/is swiftly removed.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 1:28 AM, SilverStormm said:

Dovaogēdys!

My 1st lesson.  You just called us Unsullied in high Valyrian! (google - of all things - told me so.)

I know I must have heard that phrase from Dany but I never saw it before - and I'm still struggling with the pronunciation. No, I don't think I'll start learning High Valyrian nor Dothraki. Thankyou.

Edited by Anothermi
spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

@Anothermi & @Llywela, you wanted maps, this one is interesting...I never realized how wrong I was about the location of certain major Houses, and this one maps out the larger ruling Houses by area, I had no idea their reigns were so large...

https://www.quora.com/Where-can-I-find-a-political-map-of-Westeros

and here:

And this one shows it in a transit system but I like how it shows all the castles along The Wall, which makes one wonder why they didn't continue to man the castle at the far East, instead of one in from that, it makes no sense...

https://www.inverse.com/article/34331-westeros-subway-lines-game-of-thrones-transit

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
(edited)

Thanks, Ging. I think it was Llywela who wanted to know where everything is.  I've spent more time than I care to remember freeze-framing the opening credits trying to get the lay of the Land.

That was one thing I really liked about this final season. The opening credits. Thanks Show.

Edited by Anothermi
making the tenses match
  • Love 1

That map has just proved how stupid I am when it comes to geographic nuance in conversation applying to where I presume they are physically.

1) Is King's Landing it's own kingdom? Is there a name for it, or just King's Landing? Wait... it's not a kingdom because of the Iron Islands. So KL is huge and is basically Washington DC. Yes?

2) I thought Riverrun is where Casterly Rock actually is. In retrospect I see why that was wrong. Also, the twins... not hard to avoid using that bridge in my opinion. If you're marching from Winterfell, just take a hard right at Moat Cailin. Problem solved, Robb.. I thought that river would be much harder to avoid based on the way they were talking.

3) I rarely thought of what areas were west. Don't know why. Maybe because I thought the Eerie, Storm's End and Casterly Rock were all north of King's Landing on the east coast.

4) I get why White Harbour is the route south. Lots of sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, DirewolfPup said:

That map has just proved how stupid I am when it comes to geographic nuance in conversation applying to where I presume they are physically.

1) Is King's Landing it's own kingdom? Is there a name for it, or just King's Landing? Wait... it's not a kingdom because of the Iron Islands. So KL is huge and is basically Washington DC. Yes?

2) I thought Riverrun is where Casterly Rock actually is. In retrospect I see why that was wrong. Also, the twins... not hard to avoid using that bridge in my opinion. If you're marching from Winterfell, just take a hard right at Moat Cailin. Problem solved, Robb.. I thought that river would be much harder to avoid based on the way they were talking.

3) I rarely thought of what areas were west. Don't know why. Maybe because I thought the Eerie, Storm's End and Casterly Rock were all north of King's Landing on the east coast.

4) I get why White Harbour is the route south. Lots of sense.

@DirewolfPup, I haven't looked at it too in depth but here's where I thought places were, more or less, from what A Show told us:

Dragonstone - thought it was on the west coast about midway somewhere.

Hightower - thought it was inland on the western side, about midway or so.

The Twins - thought it was bottom west of the North, more or less.

Storms End - thought it was on the west coast too, right below the Northern border. I guess because it's "stormy" and that sounds like a chilly place, hence closer to the Northern border.

Casterly Rock - West coast too. Basically I envisioned all the main houses on the west coast and I have no real idea why! I know it's impossible but that's where I figured they were.

Dorne - South and slightly west of the bottom of Westeros mainland - I thought it was an island. Hey, it looked really warm there all the time!

Essos - I thought Essos was a city, now I find out it's the opposite of Westeros, it's just the continent East of Westeros, how did I not know that? Did any of us know that?

Pentos - across from the Eastern side of Westeros, about midway.

The Eyrie - You guessed it, I thought it was on the western mid side, interior.

Riverrun - just south of the middle of the North.

Qaarth - thought it was along the Southeastern coast of Essos, south of Pentos

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@gingerella I remember thinking Dragonstone was west until Dany landed on it. Then I figured it had to be east and north of King's Landing but fairly close.

I couldn't tell you jack-you-know-what about Essos locations. I knew Braavos and Pentos were coastal. Figured it was a separate island because of the whole "crossing the narrow sea" bits.

Does anyone else feel really dirty looking at all this? It's like a peep show that I shouldn't be watching.

• LOL 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DirewolfPup said:

Does anyone else feel really dirty looking at all this? It's like a peep show that I shouldn't be watching.

Yes dear Pup, I feel like I'm violating a holy trust or like I swore to the Old Gods and the New and now I'm breaking my oath...it feels weird, and like I'm cheating, but on who am I cheating now? A Girl is No One now...*sniff*

I'm sort of wondering if we are considering reading the books, should we not delve too much into new peeking territory so the books will be as fresh as possible to us, if/when we read them? I am torn. I don't want to dive too deeply into any pond just yet until I know what other Unsullied are thinking...And I oddly don't feel terribly curious beyond knowing where things are on a map...weird.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2

Oh my goodness. Old Town is super far southwest. How in the world did Sam/Gilly travel from one end to the other like that? Crazy. I (like above) thought it was east and north of KL. Don't know what my obsession is with thinking all important areas are in the same exact areas.

1 minute ago, gingerella said:

I don't want to dive too deeply into any pond just yet until I know what other Unsullied are thinking...And I oddly don't feel terribly curious beyond knowing where things are on a map...weird.

Same. I've been dying to look at a map for 8 years.

• LOL 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, DirewolfPup said:

Don't know what my obsession is with thinking all important areas are in the same exact areas.

Ah, so it wasn't only me then, that thought most of these places/Houses were on the West side somewhere. At least we're not alone Pup!

ETA:

I can't understand why Bran the Builder, or whomever it was that built The Wall, didn't have it curve around and bend south along that river on the West side. It seems like it would still be possible and not too difficult to cross what appears to be a smallish river from the North of the West side of the Wall, and just walk into the North. I mean, the NK could have done that easy peasy because I'm sure that river was frozen solid by now. AND, the last most westward tower in the Wall has apparently been unmanned for eons now, also, stupid idea humans, to not man your two end-most castle watches!

Edited by gingerella

Absolutely, I thought Dorne was an island! I guess we modern folk -- and especially, Americans -- are conditioned to believe that if one travels by sea, one's crossing one land mass to another. 

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, Anothermi said:

Thanks, Ging. I think it was Llywela who wanted to know where everything is.  I've spent more time than I care to remember freeze-framing the opening credits trying to get the lay of the Land.

That was one thing I really liked about this final season. The opening credits. Thanks Show.

Popping in briefly before work and post-episode to say - I got King's Landing figured out at last only last week! When Arya and the Hound were standing in the room with the map on the floor, there was a lovely aerial shot, and I re-watched the scene specifically to look at the floor instead of the people, and then understood for the very first time that King's Landing sits on a wide estuary rather than the coast. And is much more in the middle of the country than I'd ever realised - it always felt like a south coast location, so that all the talk of Dorne as even more south really confused me.

We've probably caught glimpses of that floor map many times before, but it never made an impression on me before. And I've always found the spinning, moving credits more of a hindrance than a help in figuring out where all these places are in relation to one another.

Will be back later with more map commentary - and episode commentary!

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, gingerella said:

@Anothermi & @Llywela, you wanted maps, this one is interesting...I never realized how wrong I was about the location of certain major Houses, and this one maps out the larger ruling Houses by area, I had no idea their reigns were so large...

https://www.quora.com/Where-can-I-find-a-political-map-of-Westeros

and here:

And this one shows it in a transit system but I like how it shows all the castles along The Wall, which makes one wonder why they didn't continue to man the castle at the far East, instead of one in from that, it makes no sense...

https://www.inverse.com/article/34331-westeros-subway-lines-game-of-thrones-transit

Thank you for this, @gingerella! I've wanted to look at a map of Westeros forever, I find all the locations so confusing. The way the title sequence twists about, I never could get a clear grip on where all these regions were and how they all connected.

Hey look, the Iron Islands are to the east! Somehow, I always thought they were off the west coast.

15 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yes dear Pup, I feel like I'm violating a holy trust or like I swore to the Old Gods and the New and now I'm breaking my oath...it feels weird, and like I'm cheating, but on who am I cheating now? A Girl is No One now...*sniff*

I'm sort of wondering if we are considering reading the books, should we not delve too much into new peeking territory so the books will be as fresh as possible to us, if/when we read them? I am torn. I don't want to dive too deeply into any pond just yet until I know what other Unsullied are thinking...And I oddly don't feel terribly curious beyond knowing where things are on a map...weird.

I...don't feel inclined to read the books, and also don't want to know very much about how the books differ from the show. But I have always wanted to look at a map. Westeros is not quite the shape I thought it was!

I wonder what the northernmost coast looks like. How far north does north of the Wall go? It cuts off on the map!

15 hours ago, DirewolfPup said:

Oh my goodness. Old Town is super far southwest. How in the world did Sam/Gilly travel from one end to the other like that? Crazy. I (like above) thought it was east and north of KL. Don't know what my obsession is with thinking all important areas are in the same exact areas.

I can't make out Old Town on the map - whereabouts is it?

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, DirewolfPup said:

No, because I haven't looked, and am not likely to do so.  The minutiae and dirty details of this fantasy hold no interest for me.

Which is also why I have no interest in reading the book(s).  I was turned off on them long ago, before the Unsullied Habitat, when I read a post that said the Melisandre/Cressen poison scene lasted for 28 fucking pages.  To me, that's just a glimpse into George R.R. Martin's masterbatory psyche I have no desire to explore.

My days of reading interminable series are long behind me.  I am ageing, and lack the patience & tolerance for foolishness - so get to your point, already!  heh

Please believe me when I say I mean absolutely no offense to anyone here who loves the books or intends to read them.  I am just a cranky old crone.

What the fuck do I know, anyways?  I loved the TV show, start to finish, and didn't find fault with the ending.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

I thought the Iron Islands were indeed on the West Coast?

You are right. I got my east and west mixed up there. *headdesk* I thought they were on the east coast, I think because the way they were always approached in the credits gave that impression, but I always knew the way the credits moved and spun was throwing my sense of direction way off balance. So much so that I can no longer tell what is east and what is west, gods help me!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Llywela said:

I can't make out Old Town on the map - whereabouts is it?

It's located on the south (slightly western) coast in the ward-dom of Highgarden lands. It is west  of Dorne - which I thought took up the entire south of Westeros, but doesn't. You need to scroll right down to the bottom of the map that is the very 1st link Ging posted. (before the embedded youtube.

It's location explains why Sam and Gilly's scenes traveling there were so interminable (at least).

Edited by Anothermi
spelling - of course
  • Love 2

I have no idea if anyone of us is going to be up for this but...if we choose to find out some additional information, might anyone consider an entire re watch? It would be interesting to re watch A Show with added information and see what we get from it from that perspective. No immediately, just something that came to my mind this morning...

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I have no idea if anyone of us is going to be up for this but...if we choose to find out some additional information, might anyone consider an entire re watch? It would be interesting to re watch A Show with added information and see what we get from it from that perspective. No immediately, just something that came to my mind this morning...

YES.

And I say this despite the fact that I binge-watched the entire series over a long weekend before the start of Season 8.

I'm a sucker for (self) punishment.  ;~)

• LOL 1
38 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I'm in two minds. Firstly because I'm not sure yet how much additional information I want to seek out, and secondly because while I'm currently feeling enthused about the idea of a rewatch, to see what 20/20 hindsight makes of A Show, I also remember how bleak some of those middle seasons got. But I think a group rewatch with hindsight could be a lot of fun, if we can bring ourselves to endure those tortuous, rapey year again!

• Love 2

I'll ff through all the scenes in which animals are harmed.  Saves me from some battles ... and the sound of Lady's yelp and Drogo's black stallion screaming.  And nothing could make me watch the death of a dragon, ever again.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have been an inveterate scrutiniz-er of all things shown via books or maps during a show. As mentioned above, I utilized freeze-frame and squinting with my head tilted to the side to harvest as much information as the show would yield. Like the History Book of the King's Guard and the Giant Tome of Ancestral lineage – Westeros. There were quite a few maps as well – starting with Season One where Maester Luwin was trying to teach Bran the history of Westeros and all Bran wanted to do was... anything else. (Hee! So he was punished for his inattention by having to become the repository of ALL the hisory of Westeros. Cruel and... unusual.) There were quite a number of maps we were shown and I laboured over them all, but I can't remember when or where they came up. The Bran one is the only one that really stuck with me. I think maps generally came up during battle planning. There was a LOT of that.

So, I think a had a reasonable knowledge of the general location of places, but not fully accurate. I don't remember seeing Last Hearth anywhere, so it's always been “out there” (waves hand in indeterminate direction). So, the credits this Season were a “Gods” send (the Old Gods) in that respect. I also realize, in retrospect, how tragic it was for Sansa to send little Lord Umber to bring his people – after she'd learned that the WW had breached the wall.

So, here's what I ended up knowing up to this Season:

Dragonstone – I can't remember when, but I think it had to have been after we were introduced to Lord Lobster (Stannis). Freeze-frame works reasonably well for the credits and each new location was added to them. (something I may have learned from WhiteStumbler)

So I knew it was an Island and gradually learned that it was at the north edge of Blackwater Bay (perhaps only after that battle) and that the Vale and Littlefinger's “Fingers” were north of that. All on the East Coast.

Highgarden – Located in the Reach. Possibly called that because it reaches all the way from the edge of Kings Landing to the south coast. It boarders 5 of the 7 “wards” of Westeros.

I knew it started close to King's Landing but thought of it as an amorphous blob in the middle of Westeros. Never imagined it actually had a coast.

The Twins:

On 5/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, gingerella said:

thought it was bottom west of the North, more or less.

At least you pretty much got this one correct. Your “transit map” youtube link added the information that the area just north of it (belonging to The North) was marshy and treacherous. That explains why it was either The Twins or the King's Road that most people had to use to get south of The North. That's helpful to me. I know Robb sort of explained why he had to cross at the Twins, but now I understand.

Storms End - Located in the Stormlands. Can't remember when I learned that the Stormlands were also situated just south of King's Landing and along the east coast. I'm guessing that the scenes leading up to Renly's death must have been situated there. That would be our only glimpse of the Barratheon lands. I actually forgot where they were situated after a while, so I must have learned it early on when there was a reason to care about where it was.

Casterly Rock:

West coast too. Basically I envisioned all the main houses on the west coast and I have no real idea why! I know it's impossible but that's where I figured they were.

Two out of five so far, Ging. I do remember learning where this was located in Season 2 from Robb's battle planning maps. So, he fought the Lannisters via friendly territory (the Riverlands, seat of his mother's family) and close to where Tywin and the Lannister armies were laying waste to the Riverlands, but also close to Casterly Rock – with both a river and a road to get there. This was the map (IIRC) where I learned where the Iron Islands were as well.

Dorne :

South and slightly west of the bottom of Westeros mainland - I thought it was an island. Hey, it looked really warm there all the time!

I thought Dorne took up ALL of the south of Westeros. I also thought there must have been difficult and high mountains that kept it so separate from the rest of Westeros and therefor it was not quite the same. Some of this may be true in that the map you provided doesn't show any roads from any of the other “wards” into Dorne. Access by sea only.

One error I made was that, despite the opening credits. I kinda thought Braavos was located at the south end of Westeros in the Dorne area!. Duh. I even knew it was a city state of Essos, but that's where my mental pictures place it!

The Eyrie – I knew the Eyrie was east, but I don't quite know when. Possibly after Catelyn abducted Tyrion and took him there.

What the map you provided shows, however, was how the Vale could choose to stay out of the conflict Littlefinger nurtured. It had nothing to offer but troops and sanctuary – both of which he needed.

Riverrun:

just south of the middle of the North.

Another one pretty close. (south of the middle and west side of the North, but not coastal) I think it must have been the battle maps of Season two that helped here. I didn't realize for a long time that Harrenhal and the Inn at the Crossroads were also part of the Riverlands. Maybe not until the Hound and Arya went on their road trip. But I did know they were west of the King's Road.

Essos – I new early on that Essos was the continent east of the Narrow Sea. From the Varys and Magister Ilyrio plot line and Robert and Ned conversations. I also think you and I had a conversation about all this back on TWoP, Ging. Things like:

What is north of beyond the Wall? Does it reach as far as Essos?

What is west of Westeros?

How far east does Essos stretch? (we were told at least beyond Ashai* to the shadowlands)

*(corrected the spelling of this word from seeing it on the map)

Pentos – freeze-framing the opening credits showed that Pentos was pretty much directly east of King's Landing which explains why Ilyrio could sneak over for a quick visit with Varys. (no, it doesn't, because he'd be seen sailing into Blackwater Bay. But we did learn from Davos about the beach where a boat could be rowed into shore discretely, but Varys and Ilyrio met in the tunnels under King's Landing so it may have been the access that Tyrion knew of that helped him win the battle of Blackwater.

Qarth – Honestly, I'm still not clear where all the places in Essos are located. Seems that the bigger city-states are along the west coast of Essos and the Dothraki (deserts) and the Lamb people lands are farther inland.

I need to search out a map of Essos as good as the political one @gingerella found for Westeros.

Edited by Anothermi
spelling
  • Love 2
(edited)

@Anothermi, I found this one...

image.png.a2914169ac3acfb66bf3300ea6105fea.png

And this one too, which shocked me as to how much more there is to Essos!

image.thumb.png.b12bee3ba4727aef9ccda3c5de234ac3.png

The above map blows my mind a little bit and puts into perspective how small Westeros's bullshit was compared to the masses of land eastward. It also looks like there are three other 'countries' and one is a humongous island unto itself. And who knew Naath was so far south and that Bear Island was soooo far North?! Not I. No wonder Lyanna Mormont was such a badass, the people of Bear Island live in Winter all year round it seems.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jeez Louise!

Well, it's good to know where all those places people came from are.

Robb's wife...  Thoros... Missandei...

Braavos! as far north as the Fingers where Littlefinger came from. How come it appeared to be so warm when it's only slightly less north than The North? (and the swoopy camera definitely confused me for this one. I was sure it was south of Pentos.

Edited by Anothermi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wow. Thanks for the maps, @gingerella! I would call them continents rather than countries, though.

I've thought of something else I want to look up, now that I can - the sequence of events and timescale of Robert's Rebellion! We've heard so many different details of what happened back then, but I never have got fully understood exactly what order they all happened or what the timescale was. I mean, enough time passed for Lyanna Stark to go through an entire pregnancy and give birth, clearly, but what happened when, exactly? I'm going to have to go and do some research, maybe then I will finally understand!

• Love 1

Speaking of time frames, I would like to know how many Westerosi years transpired between S1 and S8, and what the time differences were in S8 between The Long Night, The Last War, and the choosing of King Bran...it's all so muddy.

57 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Speaking of time frames, I would like to know how many Westerosi years transpired between S1 and S8, and what the time differences were in S8 between The Long Night, The Last War, and the choosing of King Bran...it's all so muddy.

Agreed! We do know that there were at least two-three weeks between Jon's army leaving Winterfell and arriving at King's Landing, because when Dany's mob arrived at Dragonstone they said Jon would be another fortnight. And I don't think it took Dany's armada that long to sail down because Jaime didn't leave Winterfell until word came of the ambush, and granted he'd probably travel faster on his own than the army would, but he seemed to arrive very soon after Jon. But we don't know how long after The Long Night they actually left. Long enough to hold the funerals and celebration, but there was no timescale given. And again, they were vague about how long after Dany's death it took to arrange that council - we know it was a matter of weeks, but how many weeks?

And I lost all sense of how many years were passing over the course of the show! Some seasons seemed to take place over a very short timeframe, yet it seemed like years were passing. But maybe it just seemed like that because the child actors were growing up so fast? I keep saying 'almost a decade of civil war' because that's how long it has been for us, but in universe - who knows???

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Llywela said:

I've thought of something else I want to look up, now that I can - the sequence of events and timescale of Robert's Rebellion! We've heard so many different details of what happened back then, but I never have got fully understood exactly what order they all happened or what the timescale was. I mean, enough time passed for Lyanna Stark to go through an entire pregnancy and give birth, clearly, but what happened when, exactly? I'm going to have to go and do some research, maybe then I will finally understand!

I agree, that time period is still incredibly vague for me.

After inspecting the Westeros map that @gingerella provided, I noticed that the Trident (famous battle from Robert's Rebellion - that was referred to by Ned, taunting the 2 sworded Knight in Bran's vision) was just north of Harrenhal (perhaps not far from the Inn at the Crossroads?). I looked that battle up to refresh my memory and was told that was where Robert killed Rheagar.

But the Maester's book indicated that he annulled Rhaegar's marriage to Elia, and married Lyanna to Rhaegar in Dorne!  So, how long ago was that?  Where did Lyanna stay after that? Where was that tower where Ned found Lyanna giving birth? Sure didn't look like it was anywhere near Dorne but what do I know. Jaime and Bronn passed through some very desert-looking territory when they went there. BUT I wouldn't think Dorne would be a safe place for Lyanna given that she "usurped" Elia's position. Arggggg.

Edited by Anothermi
clarifing where the Trident was.
  • Useful 1

The tower where Jon Snow was born (named The Tower of Joy by Rhaegar) was in Dorne: that's why, in A Show, Bran initially mused that Jon Snow was actually Jon Sand. I'm thinking that Rhaegar and Lyanna married in Dorne because the evidence that Rhaegar needed to annul his marriage to Elia was concealed there, in her homeland. 

Here's what astonishes me about the story's cultural penetration. Having heard the name, I googled "where was the tower of joy" and the answer came up as neatly as if I'd asked, "where is the Tower of Pisa."  Without any reference to characters or even Game of Thrones.

As Unsullied we've become far, far outliers over the past eight years!  We may as well each, on our little raft, have named a pet volleyball Ned...then at some point wept as it washed away...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Pallas said:

As Unsullied we've become far, far outliers over the past eight years!  We may as well each, on our little raft, have named a pet volleyball Ned...then at some point wept as it washed away...

And even now, we don't want to return to the Sullied Shores. We could find awful fanfic, or find that our spouse has married our dentist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, janjan said:

And even now, we don't want to return to the Sullied Shores. We could find awful fanfic, or find that our spouse has married our dentist.

Here, here, I've ventured forth exactly for two reasons:

1. To find some maps that might fill in some blanks and help us confirm/deny where we thought certain places were,

2. Watched a couple of videos of the cast talking about their experiences.

Neither has been terribly 'spoilery' and the only place I ventured outside of our Unsullied area here was to read the Mods note in the main area, which was all about not feeding us, but now people can 'like' our posts. I personally don't think many folks care what we're talking about anymore (which is fine by me as I only ever posted to converse with my Spitball Wall companions), but I imagine the Spoilered are also grappling with what we are, I just wonder if they have significantly more info than we had/have, or not really. Hard to know unless I dive into their area, and I just don't want to...I feel like I've protected my Unsulliedness for nigh on a decade now, and I cannot just stop, just like that! Oy.

• Love 3