Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Try Like Hell

• Start Topic

First Aired: May 8, 2019

Severide and Boden search to uncover whether arson was the cause of a fire at a hair salon. Mouch, Herrmann, Otis and Kidd make a startling discovery in tracking down the missing piercing nozzle from Engine 27.

(edited)

Another Herrmann blunder... sending the 3 Stooges to execute a plan. Just needed Otis to slap Mouch and Curley Cruz with the piercing noozle with one swing!

And Herrmann deserted them. They probably didn't have bus fare to get home!

I liked how the chief handled that situation ( although he should be washing too, by the way he spoke on the phone). I hope he can send them to my place to wash may car. They probably wouldn't do a good job but it's free!

Lt. Kelly Severide knows all and if he tells Captain Hubble the owner is innocent! She is innocent! 

I don't think the great "ladies man" Kelly can seduce Hubble, she looks like a tough nut to crack.

How did that clumsy woman get run over by a stationary spin bike or  did she trip walking to the front or did Oliva tell her to do a burpee and her wild hair got caught? You know there's that one fool in the room who was pissed class was stopped because of this and demanded a refund!

For a moment outside the health club, I thought the spin teacher was after Sylvie! 

Thank God the writers didn't make it "too obvious" for Matt and Sylvie to get together tonight!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5

Poor dog! ☹️ And, yes, I got he was dead the first time they showed him. 😡

I knew the knuckleheads would find that nozzle as soon as the Chief made that phone call. I still LOLed when Otis found it. 😆

• Love 3

"Ambulance 61, respond to a report of an anvil being dropped at Station 51..."

What is the training protocol for fire investigations in this CPD world?  How did they miss a dead dog when they were doing overhaul on the building? And when you're investigating a fire for arson, wouldn't a timer attract your attention right away?  "Oh, we thought it was just a device for the hair salon."  With an insulated wire attached to it.  And Hermann?  Jeez, all you had to do was put some water on the fire, but Squad managed to package up the victim, set up a hoist with the aerial, get her of the fire escape and onto the ground, and there's still flames showing on the first floor.

I guess retired investigators get to take home all those unsolved files.  No chain of custody issues there.  Plus, what if another battalion has suspicious fires with the same clues? "Nope, can't find any related fires.  Hey, let's put in a call to Kelly Severide.  Maybe he knows something."

Good move on the charades, Otis.  Real ladies man, you are.  I guessed Emergency as soon as she started in with the steering wheel, but I missed on the discovery of Pluto.  Now, I would really have been impressed had they gone with Rescue 8

Props to Klinger for having the sense to stick it to the 51 crew and make them sweat, all the while cutting his own deal at 27. Of course, they deserved it with that ridiculous "Copper Clapper Caper" they dreamed up.  Sorry, old Johnny Carson/Jack Webb reference.

• Love 5

How did that clumsy woman get run over by a stationary spin bike or  did she trip walking to the front or did Oliva tell her to do a burpee and her wild hair got caught? 

How much time was supposed to have passed during this episode? Because when Sylvie went back to the gym, the spin teacher asked how so-and-so was doing and said she was getting her stitches out next week. Ummm . . . excuse me? That lady had a big patch of her scalp ripped off. I wouldn't think a few stitches for a couple of days would do the trick.

Good Lord, I don't know how Foster restrains herself against slapping Stella every time she brings up Kelly. Talk about obsessing, every word out of her mouth is Kelly this and Kelly that and should I go talk to Kelly? Do you think I should let him know I like him? Should I send him a cootie trap and ask him to mark A, B, C or D? Should I? Should I? Should I? It's like she's 12.

• Love 3

What a surprise that the arson investigator is a hot babe instead of a beer bellied old timer with bad breath. Where is that one going?

Matt and Brett are being forced together like an arranged marriage. What a disaster in the making. Doesn't she realize that when they bring Gabbie back they have to kill  her off or write her out? Stay away Brett. Stay far away.

• Love 2

I wonder if the guy from Station 27 had planted the nozzle thing. But I think the way it was handled was not very well from the start. Who would be okay with someone going to your place and accuse you of something loudly like that even if you ended up having it? 

They are trying to get Matt and Sylvia together and I think that's a bad idea. 

Didn't really care about the fire investigation thing. 

• Love 2

Matt and Brett are being forced together like an arranged marriage. What a disaster in the making. Doesn't she realize that when they bring Gabbie back they have to kill  her off or write her out? Stay away Brett. Stay far away.

Ssssshhh! Gabbie is not coming back! Don't say that! She might be like Beetlejuice, so don't even mention her name!

But if Matt plans to pursue any kind of romantic relationship with anyone he better be damn sure they're on the same page about kids because that's what screwed up his last 2 relationships. At least Sylvie doesn't change her mind about what she wants to do for a living every 2 weeks.

• Love 5

Emily talking about relaxers was the highlight of this episode for me tbh 😂

I don’t hate or love Brett and Matt. I just wish it wasn’t so obvious that this was the direction they’re going in. I’m looking forward to the scene when they have to tell Gabby about it lol.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, doLLish said:

I’m looking forward to the scene when they have to tell Gabby about it lol.

Soon there will be a very "special" episode dedicated to when they call her for her approval/blessings!

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

How much time was supposed to have passed during this episode? Because when Sylvie went back to the gym, the spin teacher asked how so-and-so was doing and said she was getting her stitches out next week. Ummm . . . excuse me? That lady had a big patch of her scalp ripped off. I wouldn't think a few stitches for a couple of days would do the trick.

Good Lord, I don't know how Foster restrains herself against slapping Stella every time she brings up Kelly. Talk about obsessing, every word out of her mouth is Kelly this and Kelly that and should I go talk to Kelly? Do you think I should let him know I like him? Should I send him a cootie trap and ask him to mark A, B, C or D? Should I? Should I? Should I? It's like she's 12.

Not much time has passed. Either the writer don't know about recovery time or they are telling us the staff at Chicago Med are miracle makers.

The spin instructor better lower her expectations for the girl's return. She is going to sue the club.

Foster should wear ear plugs ever time she's around Kidd. I'm sure they can come up with better things for Stella to do than obsessing over Severide.

3 hours ago, langford peel said:

What a surprise that the arson investigator is a hot babe instead of a beer bellied old timer with bad breath. Where is that one going?

Her IMDB page states she has been in six episodes since 2016 playing the same character. I don't remember her. 

16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This was my biggest fear when they hooked Stella's coat tails to Severide's Libido. They have turned a competent female character into a dumb pathetic wimpering woman who can't function without a man. It's nauseating & they are quickly making me dislike her as a character & that's disappointing because she had so much promise.

The need to put the brakes on this before they make her irredeemable & that moment is fast approaching.

Severide has always been one dimensional & it seems he's infected Stella with the same disease now.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Not much time has passed. Either the writer don't know about recovery time or they are telling us the staff at Chicago Med are miracle makers.

Well, if you watch Med, you know that they ARE miracle workers.  So it all makes sense, right?!   In both these shows, everyone recovers in five minutes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, langford peel said:

Man whore Severide will come back and bang her probably OR Casey does before the Brett Hookup OR Foster gets her 

4 hours ago, tinderbox said:

I like the possibility of Matt and Sylvie.

Stella is becoming pathetic.

I like the Possibility of them too. Just dont rush it. Casey and Brett would receive huge backlash from the Stan portion of Gabbys fanbase though. I've already seen a couple of "Casey and Brett better not hook up why would they do that to Gabby and be horrible disgusting unforgivable people" Crazyness 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, Guildford said:

This was my biggest fear when they hooked Stella's coat tails to Severide's Libido. They have turned a competent female character into a dumb pathetic wimpering woman who can't function without a man. It's nauseating & they are quickly making me dislike her as a character & that's disappointing because she had so much promise.

The need to put the brakes on this before they make her irredeemable & that moment is fast approaching.

Severide has always been one dimensional & it seems he's infected Stella with the same disease now.

It is really sad that this is what Stella is reduced to. Still gushing over Kelly and constantly bringing him up in conversation. Kelly is the one that looks like he's moving on better, now. But Stella is still hung up on him. And it's just so annoying that time is taken out of the episode for her just pining over him. The writers need to bring the focus to Stella being a firefighter, because she is becoming hard to watch.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, tinderbox said:

I like the possibility of Matt and Sylvie.

I really don't. It is just so forced. Chicago is a big city full of many available women, and the only woman Matt could possibly fall for, after Gabby, is her former partner? Come on. All this will be is more in-house relationship drama. Not to mention, doesn't give Matt or Sylvie a good look. Less than a year after finally divorcing Gabby, he moves on with her partner. Sylvie picks up Gabby's sloppy seconds falling for Matt. It's lazy, unoriginal writing. They should be able to find love outside of the firehouse. Matt needs another Hallie-type relationship. Not another Gabby-like relationship. 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:12 PM, Reality police said:

Did they have to keep showing the dog? Please

I closed my eyes every time they went there. And then hit the skip button on my Tivo to get to the end. I’m absolutely not here for shock value, especially when it comes to dogs. I was hoping beyond hope that the dog somehow escaped or someone took him. I didn’t need to see any of that and if they is much as flashback to it in the next episode I’m out.

i left once before for several months and didn’t really miss it.

• Love 3
On 5/9/2019 at 2:19 AM, Dowel Jones said:

"Ambulance 61, respond to a report of an anvil being dropped at Station 51..."

What is the training protocol for fire investigations in this CPD world?  How did they miss a dead dog when they were doing overhaul on the building? And when you're investigating a fire for arson, wouldn't a timer attract your attention right away?  "Oh, we thought it was just a device for the hair salon."  With an insulated wire attached to it. 

They didn't even know the building had a second floor tenant until he literally came knocking on their door. What the hell kind of investigation is that?

• Love 2