Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E05: Keanu Reeves, Kylie Minogue, Taron Egerton, Jamie Bell, Suranne Jones, Michael Rice

• Start Topic

Together on Graham’s sofa tonight: Hollywood star Keanu Reeves, star of new action thriller John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, Aussie pop queen Kylie Minogue, Taron Egerton and Jamie Bell, playing Elton John and Bernie Taupin in biopic Rocketman, and Dr Foster star Suranne Jones, promoting new BBC drama Gentleman Jack. With music from Michael Rice, who performs the UK Eurovision entry Bigger Than Us.

This was a very animated couch. Everyone had some good stories.

No Big Red Chair stories, alas.

Does Graham still do the commentary for the BBC for Eurovision? I know he doesn't host it anymore. His support for the contest is very endearing.

I thought Graham was going to forget Suranne Jones there for a minute!  

Squeezing Kylie in at the end was overkill.  The montage of her videos made me realize I am really not as familiar with her songs as I thought I was.  I think I’ll survive. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does Graham still do the commentary for the BBC for Eurovision? I know he doesn't host it anymore. His support for the contest is very endearing.

He just announced this week that he's on Eurovision duty next week. Jack Whitehall will be stepping in as host. Should be interesting.

(edited)

I really don't understand why there were already four guests, then Kylie came out for like ten minutes, but she didn't sing a song because there was also a musical guest, and really the entire latter part of the show felt like there wasn't really enough time to talk to anyone.  And no Big Red Chair is always disappointing.

I seem to remember way back during the So Graham Norton era that he sometimes only had three guests and had great chats with all of them.  Now there's sometimes so many people on that it's a bit silly.  Overkill as TexasGal said.  I get that Graham is bigger now and has no problem getting people on the show, but there's a point where it's too much.  Graham is usually very good about balancing things and spreading the spotlight around, but wouldn't it be easier (and perhaps result in a better show) to not try to cram so much into each show?

Keanu seems like such a cool guy.  They made this movie, and he hopes people like it.  Taren seemed nervous and shy.  I'm not as familiar with the other two.  Kylie's cute and seems like a sweet person, but we didn't get a lot of her.  I liked the song by Michael Rice.

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, TexasGal said:

I thought Graham was going to forget Suranne Jones there for a minute!  

Squeezing Kylie in at the end was overkill.  The montage of her videos made me realize I am really not as familiar with her songs as I thought I was.  I think I’ll survive. 

suck ass 80's shit music for teenyboppers is what she sang/sings. you are not missing out on anything. waste of a good couch, her coming out and joining it. blech...

• Love 1