Type keyword(s) to search

Our Favorite GOT Moments: It Is Known

• Start Topic

Littlefinger in S1.

Every single scene with Lady Olenna.

The conversation between Robert and Cersei about their marriage.

Sansa & Theon's scenes.

My favorite villain's (Joffrey's) wedding and death.

Melisandre giving birth to Shadow Renly.

The knighting of Ser Brienne of Tarth.

Sansa's coronation.

The dragons and the direwolves.

Arya & Tywin scenes.

• Love 6

Olenna's death scene. So many great lines, especially:

Olenna: What did he call it?

Jamie (slightly cringing in embarrassment): Widow's Wail.

Olenna: He really was a c***, wasn't he?

And also:

Jamie: There are always lessons in failures.

Olenna: You must be very wise by now.

But more than anything else, it's because she was able to outplay him even while he's killing her. She, as someone else put it, won her own death scene. Jamie talked Cersei into giving Olenna a painless death and he's trying to be gracious, in a sense, and reassure her. And only after drinking the wine does she just let him have it:

Olenna: I'd hate to die like your son. Clawing at my neck, foam and bile spilling from my mouth, eyes blood red, skin purple. Must have been horrible for you, as a Kingsguard, as a father. It was horrible enough for me, a shocking scene. Not at all what I intended. Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

Forget dying in battle, charging a dragon or slaying a giant. THAT was the most impressive death in all eight seasons.

• Love 15

The Spice King runs verbal rings around Dany outside of the city walls

And again in his mansion

Spice King: But if you did not sit on it yourself, would it not be correct to say "take the Iron Throne"?
Daenerys: I didn't come here to argue grammar.

If only the Spice King and Stannis had met.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Constantinople said:

The Spice King runs verbal rings around Dany outside of the city walls

And again in his mansion

If only the Spice King and Stannis had met.

I actually like these clips. It shows she's just a naive young lady who's been fed a version of history that isn't the whole truth -- and she truly believed that she'd be welcomed back with open arms. I don't see this as evidence that she was off her rocker or destined to go mad.  

• Love 3

Two devastating scenes that I can't bring myself to rewatch, they are just too sad for me but they were brilliantly done:

The Red Wedding and the desecration of Robb's and Grey Winds corpses

Oberyn losing the fight, when it appeared he won, and the awful way he was killed

Devastating scene that I can rewatch, it was so epic and I loved the performances:

Dany in the ruins of the Red Keep, Jon killing her, and poor Drogon

Scenes that I could watch over and over:

Drogon rescuing Dany in the gladiator pit

Jon rising from the dead.  Everyone gave up and left, the fire crackled, Ghost then stirs and Jon awakens

• Love 2

So, so many options. I think I like the small moments best.

From S1

• Bran lying in bed and peevishly sparring with Old Nan ("I hate your stories") and with Robb ("I'd. Rather. Be. Dead.") - the kid could act, before he was reduced to staring off into space

From S2

• Brienne pledging herself to Catelyn Stark - the feels! this moment sets Brienne on her path

From S3

• Jon and Ygritte's (first) farewell scene ("I do know some things") - gah! getting teary just thinking about it

From S4

• Sandor telling Arya the story of how he was burned - these two, every scene was a treasure

From S5

• Master Aemon's "kill the boy" speech - the complexity of this character and how much he was able to reveal in just a handful of scenes, I just love him

From S6

• Gilly standing up for Sam at Horn Hill; Sam deciding to take Gilly and Little Sam with him and helping himself to Heartsbane on his way out the door - perfect encapsulation of this little family and who they are to each other and themselves

From S7

• Sansa to Littlefinger: "No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish, I'll assume it was something clever" - one day, I will slay my enemies with these very words

From S8

• Arya jumping up into Jon's arms the same way she did when they said their goodbyes in S1 - I was waiting for this and never, ever thought I'd get it
  • Love 5

The whole episode Battle of the Blackwater. I love Stannis (the Mannis!) correcting his advisor - not Davos - saying, "It'll cost hundreds of men!" "Thousands."

Tywin schooling Joffrey: Love Tywin's unspoken "You stupid little shit!" when he says "We can arrange to have you carried". Although interesting that it was Joffrey who was taking Danny seriously and Tywin who (apparently) wasn't.

• Love 3
On 6/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, John Potts said:

Tywin schooling Joffrey: Love Tywin's unspoken "You stupid little shit!" when he says "We can arrange to have you carried". Although interesting that it was Joffrey who was taking Danny seriously and Tywin who (apparently) wasn't.

Tywin's nonchalence about Danny's dragons seems inconsistent with his statement to Arya in Season 2 that "Aegon Targaryen changed the rules" with "...an attack from the air with dragon fire"

Perhaps that's yet another inconsistency from Team D&D.

Or perhaps Tywin didn't want to show any vulnerability to Joffrey

Or perhaps Tywin had enough short and medium term problems that he figured leave dragons for later.

In any case, turned out neither Joffrey nor Tywin needed to worry about dragon fire

This Dany/Jorah scene. I'd really like to memory hole S8 "Mad Queen" Dany. This is the Dany people believed in: humane and forgiving. 

"Jaime. My name is Jaime" is an amazing scene. 

And all Tormund scenes are great. I love this one where he gives Jon Snow some sex advice:

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

This Dany/Jorah scene. I'd really like to memory hole S8 "Mad Queen" Dany. This is the Dany people believed in: humane and forgiving. 

Their relationship was definitely one of the best aspects of the show, we were robbed over what happened to Daario though, the character deserved better.

• Love 3
(edited)

All these big moments are great, but for me what really made it was the little ones: 

Ygritte sparing Gilly's life and signalling her to be quiet despite having no idea who she was. No one will ever know, but that act of mercy paid off considering Gilly made it to the end. 

Sansa and Jon's reunion. We knew the Starklings would reunite at some point, but did anyone think that Jon/Sansa would be first? Or that the two characters that had the LEAST to do with each other would channel such pure emotion at seeing each other again? Somehow the fact that they were the most unlikely Stark pairing when it came to audience investment was what made it so powerful.

Missandei's wicked little smile just before Dany unleashes the Unsullied and Drogo on the slavers. Also her quiet, dignified defense of Dany in the crypts after the Two Smartest People Ever don't even notice her sitting right there next to them. 

The Hound burying the father/daughter he robbed and saying: "I'm sorry you're dead."

At Hardhome, that vile Thenn realizing there was a bigger picture at work and sacrificing himself to the White Walker to buy time for Jon to get the dragonglass. 

Jorah and Lyanna getting a moment before the battle. I had given up on the writers remembering they were cousins, and yet there it was. 

The nameless, silent wife (or widow) of Craster that stabbed Karl in the back, saving Jon's life in the process. 

Unnamed Dornish Prince's obvious boredom at the Council Meeting. Hats off to that actor; they gave him nothing to work with and yet is there any doubt that the Dornish uprising is imminent? 

And on a wider note, anything between Dany/Jorah. To me, they comprised the most beautiful love story on the show. 

Edited by Ravenya003
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

And on a wider note, anything between Dany/Jorah. To me, they comprised the most beautiful love story on the show. 

I'd really like to memory hole S8 Dany but her crumpled up in tears as Jorah died in her arms will likely be the last Dany I'll ever rewatch if I rewatch S8. 

Another favorite moment of mine is Cersei saying "power is power." Cersei's motto.

• Love 2
On 6/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, Ravenya003 said:

The Hound burying the father/daughter he robbed and saying: "I'm sorry you're dead."

On the other side of that coin, "What the fuck's a Lommy?" is likely my top darkly hilarious moment in the show. 

• Love 1