Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The Children of Gabriel

Madi, your mother is called the Commander of Death, you really don't have any room to call someone a mass murderer.  Clarke also left out the part about her being able to walk through their radiation barrier. Of course they found out later that she has the "royal blood" which is what I figured they'd call it. Being that they have a radiation barrier. 

Jordan telling them everything is a much better way to start things off Clarke, now these people know who you are and can see if you can change. Also what is the name day thing, is she becoming like a Nun or something. I wonder if that's how the Leading family tries to keep the blood in their family, by making anyone else that has it become celibate or I suppose part of their "family". 

Octavia still hasn't learned anything though. She knows nothing about this planet and thinks she has the upper hand because she knows how to fight. She saw they used some kind of paralyzing thing on Diyoza, Madi and Gaia. I kind of don't blame Bellamy for kicking her out. She's shown that she's still kill first and never ask questions. They don't need a loose cannon with them. 

And Murphy you'll have plenty of time to snark at Clarke when you are both in Hell. Try to be useful team member from the beginning this time. 

• Love 2

"Princess Clarke oh great" my sentiments exactly.. Good episode.. Again diyoza was great... Madi was frosty as well... I was already resigned to the fact that Bellamy is just a puppy always looking for his master Clarke to lead him... But leaving Octavia in the forest seems harsh.. She'll get out or she'll go native( again)  already a good looking  racially ambiguous guy there.. Either way.. She's taking a chunk outta him next time they meet... So I'm guessing all the Primes are commanders with past memories and the like..  Pretty interesting... Liked Delilah.. Loved Delilah and Jordan

• Love 2
(edited)

Russell and wife: We are friendly peaceful people who want to preserve life and humanity!

Also Russell and wife, hours later: Yes, we are going to throw this heavily pregnant woman out into the Very Dangerous Forest, as opposed to letting her stay here and give birth and THEN throw her out into the Very Dangerous Forest.

Me: We could be a LITTLE less obvious about how These People Are Not To Be Trusted.

Really liking Diyoza this season. So far.  Though I gotta say, I liked the adorable doggie even more.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 2

So how long before we find out that Gabriel and his people are the bad guys, and the Children of Gabriel are the good guys? Or at least that they're both either very morally ambiguous or evil. It figures that they could bring up the Mountain Men, because this all seem suspiciously similar to when they ended up with them. "Oh yeah, we can totally let you guys hang out here we are totally chill and you will be all good and happy oh by the way can we have a few organs?" 

Jordan, maybe dont open with how many people your people have killed over the years? Yeah probably tell them the truth pretty soon, but its probably not great to have that be the first thing they know about you. 

Princess Clarke! It was nice to see Clarke actually not just apologize frantically and instead just say that she did what was needed at the time to protect her family and friends, and she isnt proud but it was what it was. I figured that she would get on their good side by saving the almost princess, and I should have seen her royal blood coming. So what does that mean?

Oh good, Octavia found some new Grounders to run around with and get all that murder out of her system. Maybe. Possibly. Probably not.

Poor Murphy looked really freaked out when he woke up, possibly seeing Hell. Maybe it was a side effect of the poison or the treatment? Or maybe he is going to Hell as of now, and if that is the truth, he will certainly be in good company! I did love him just drinking and snarking at people, and his little moment where Bellamy apologized for attacking him and he put his hand on his shoulder and Murphy grabbed his hand for a second and was like "its all good bro" was really sweet.  

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Murphy looked really freaked out when he woke up, possibly seeing Hell. Maybe it was a side effect of the poison or the treatment? Or maybe he is going to Hell as of now, and if that is the truth, he will certainly be in good company! I did love him just drinking and snarking at people, and his little moment where Bellamy apologized for attacking him and he put his hand on his shoulder and Murphy grabbed his hand for a second and was like "its all good bro" was really sweet.  

There has been one two many slightly suspicious comments about needing to get the bodies of the primes from the ship.

I'm thinking that the seeds that infected Murphy cause the "royal" blood in the primes.  I think the snake reanimates them and when they die by other means they become something zombie like.

And that occurred to me before Clarke was asked one of the Walking Dead questions.

Cutting their heads off is the only way to kill them and that is the they hunt Primes and chop off their heads.  They need a reason for that because it is feeling like the Primes are going to end up as the bad guys.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Oh, Jordan!  When you're trying to make peace with a new society, maybe don't blab about how your leader has a bodycount that might rival some cities.  In his defense though, the kid has clearly never had a romantic connection before (understatement of the century since he never even kissed someone), so him using all of that to impress Delilah is realistic.  And to be fair, she actually does seem to have feelings for him.  Maybe next time he can actually get to second base before someone ruins the mood with paralyzing darts!

Russell and his wife are clearly not the calm and cool leaders they act like they are, and Sanctum is so going to have numerous skeletons in their closest.  Granted, the Children of Gabriel certainly seem ruthless and barbaric, but I'm sure they'll be more to them.  Plus, they're led by Chuku Modu a.k.a. Jared from The Good Doctor!  I have to root for him, even if Shaun would probably be quit shocked seeing his former co-worker acting like this!

Ha, Bellamy just basically went all "I have enough of this, Octavia!  Get out of the car/spaceship and don't come home, until you can approach someone without automatically going all stabby-stabby!" at the end.  And, of course, the first thing she does after is walk into a trap.  Will she ever learn?

Murphy actually died, but was brought back, but now he thinks he saw Hell.  Least surprising revelation ever.  Honestly, if they exist, I'm pretty sure everyone here already has a ticket to The Bad Place!

Definitely Team Diyoza right now.

• Love 3

I think someone needed to inform Jordan that maybe telling a stranger, even a pretty stranger, about their adventures on Earth including mass genocide isn't the smartest idea when wanting to stay on that planet. Not that I can entirely fault Jordan; he only had Monty and Harper as companions for 26 years and he's only been around a crowd of people for a week, tops. I will say that I absolutely adore Delilah and I hope she not only makes it, but her and Jordan can make it work. Alas, this is The 100, so she's probably dead at some point. But hey, at least she survived the kidnapping from a Child of Gabriel! Unfortunately, Rose didn't.

So, I'm not surprised in the slightest that Clarke has "royal" blood. I had a feeling once she was the only one to pass through the radiation barrier that there was a nightblood vs redblood situation here. I did like her dynamic with Russell, though. It was interesting to see the push and pull dynamic. Of course Russell couldn't imagine the world that Clarke had to grow up in (I internally smirked when Clarke corrected Russell and told him that she was born in space). And of course Clarke couldn't apologize for her actions. 

Of course, I'm fairly positive as well that Russell is only letting them stay because of Clarke's royal blood. He just conveniently had the excuse of Clarke saving Delilah's life (note that he said that "you" could stay, not you all so it's clear that he only wants Clarke but is keeping the others to appease her). Clarke's right in keeping Madi's blood a secret as well (but that's bound to get out once Madi gets injured). 

So, Diyoza's past comes to haunt her. I will have to call Russell and his wife utter idiots, though. They're worried about the Children of Gabriel corrupting Diyoza and ruining their seemingly perfect society. So...why not lock her up instead? Kicking her out while she's pregnant is not a smart idea. You just angered her and now it's a 100% guarantee that Diyoza teams up with the Children of Gabriel. Of course, I also know that the reason for Diyoza being exiled is so that Octavia has an ally out there. She can't just survive on stories with the Children of Gabriel so they tossed Diyoza out there.

Speaking of, I will say that Octavia/Diyoza teaming up might be interesting, Diyoza might be able to get Octavia's recklessness under control. But damn, Bellamy's harsh in kicking Octavia out into a world that they know nothing about. He heard himself from the Primes that the world outside of their shield is dangerous and he's still "Hey, I gotta teach you a lesson. See ya!" We all know Octavia will survive and save her brother again, but what if she didn't? Bellamy's last actions would be utter betrayal. Yes, Octavia's a reckless dumbass and a liability, but Bellamy's reaction is unexpected and quite cold of him. Like damn, she may be pissed off the next time she sees you and when she has her army prepped to attack the Primes. Hope this doesn't backfire on you by the end of season, Bellamy! 

Obviously, the Primes aren't as great as they appear now. They're going to end up being just as bad, or worse, than the Children of Gabriel. 

I feel so bad for Murphy. It's been a long time since we saw him as shaken up and as terrified as he does now. I think Clarke's prediction of Murphy being fine will come back to haunt her. He's clearly not fine at all, and Abby/Emori see that. I know we'll find out exactly what he saw and felt eventually, but I'm extremely curious. It shook Murphy up enough to cause him to turn to alcohol (the thing that ended up killing his mother, which I assume is not a coincidence) and to have an existential crisis.

• Love 4

With knowing Clarke's a Nightblood, I would think they would start testing all of them to see if anyone else has it. And starting with her daughter seems like the best bet. Saying they need to do a medical check to make sure they are not carrying any diseases would probably work. 

Did the Children of Gabriel say they saw another host when talking about Clarke? I wonder what that means? Is that why they are taking the ones with Nightblood. 

I wonder if Murphy saw what was below the moon when he died. Was it the water that poisoned him? 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Did the Children of Gabriel say they saw another host when talking about Clarke? I wonder what that means? Is that why they are taking the ones with Nightblood. 

I believe the primes all have commander chips... And they get passed down to all the nightbloods.. And the nightbloods rule.. Maybe they don't rule well so that's why the children of Gabriel are trying to kill all of them to make a more "free" society.. When Russell said his daughter found a beetle I think he's talking about the girl from episode 2's cold open who found a beetle and gave it some Chinese name... Those are memories.. That's why Delilah is about to become Priyah the 7th... She's got nightblood so she can take the chip and with it.. The combined memories of the previous 6 Priyahs... At least that's what I surmised

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I believe the primes all have commander chips... And they get passed down to all the nightbloods.. And the nightbloods rule.. Maybe they don't rule well so that's why the children of Gabriel are trying to kill all of them to make a more "free" society.. When Russell said his daughter found a beetle I think he's talking about the girl from episode 2's cold open who found a beetle and gave it some Chinese name... Those are memories.. That's why Delilah is about to become Priyah the 7th... She's got nightblood so she can take the chip and with it.. The combined memories of the previous 6 Priyahs... At least that's what I surmised

Makes sense. I didn't think about the chip thing. 

Russel’s wife seems to be a Lady MacBeth- the power behind the throne.

Since Dioyza  is right up there with Bin Ladin and Hitler, I can see how they wouldn’t want to offer her shelter.  But I would think they’d lock her up until she has the baby, keep the baby and THEN turn her loose.  

Murphy/Bellamy bits were sweet tonight.  I like it when the Clarke/Bellamy/Murphy are in the same scenes and I hope they don’t split them up again this season.

6 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Since Dioyza  is right up there with Bin Ladin and Hitler. 

Diyoza seemed shocked by that. I wonder if she thought she'd be remembered as a hero. Being compared to those 2 was probably not what she was going for. 

Its probably good for Octavia to spend time with her, maybe she'll learn some discipline and they can both realize they need to change if they want to be in a civilized society or just become the dictators they think they are. 

(edited)

Maybe "host" refers to being able to "host" some kind of organism on the planet/moon. IE because they have Nightblood, they don't die when the alien parasite gets into their body and takes over! Oooh, invasion of the body snatchers.

I don't know how to feel about Octavia. She used to be my favorite (and the most interesting) character. Now she's too overboard and one-note. Even if she's feeling these things, she knows what her brother wants to see and what he expects. She's a good actress... why doesn't she at least try to fake it.

Dioza is capable and fun. I can appreciate someone not acting dumb for the sake of plot.

Also, if this is a moon, why hasn't anyone considered colonizing the actual planet it's orbiting?

Edited by marcee

Bellamy is just a lil too holier-than-thou for me.. I get growth and all that.. But the dude who tried to assassinate Jaha for what amounts to the same types of decisions he's forgiven himself.. Echo and Clarke for.... The guy who helped massacre so many grounders.. That guy doesn't get to just leave his sister to die... If he's that mad.. You take her out.. You pass the sentence you swing the sword... But this... Guy... Ugh... 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, marcee said:

Also, if this is a moon, why hasn't anyone considered colonizing the actual planet it's orbiting?

I may be wrong here, but I think the planet the moon is orbiting is a Saturn-like planet. The object in the sky was huge - much larger than our Moon or Earth as seen from the pictures taken during the Moon landing, and it seemed to have rings, just like Saturn. So either the CGI artists have no concept of relative size, or, this moon is supposed to be orbiting a gas giant with rings that would be impossible to colonize.

Now, why this moon just happens to have more or less the same gravity as Earth, when the moons of Jupiter and Saturn don't, well.  TV science? 

• Love 2

I’ve made up my mind - I’m all in for Octavia. I know she’s a bit crazy and kind of blood lusty but I understand her motivation. I also like that since Lincoln’s death she’s been on this downward spiral of dark death, while also becoming a leader, to varying degrees of success. It’s more interesting to me than the Clarke redemption tour, or is it re-redemption, I lose track. I hope Octavia makes friends with the new Grounders and tells her brother to suck it. Other than that, so far, kind of meh. I like Murphy. I’m looking forward to seeing Diyoza’s character develop. I wish Abby was still in cryo. I liked see Papa Argent from Teen Wolf playing Russell, the prime/nightblood king. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ramble said:

I’ve made up my mind - I’m all in for Octavia. I know she’s a bit crazy and kind of blood lusty but I understand her motivation. I also like that since Lincoln’s death she’s been on this downward spiral of dark death, while also becoming a leader, to varying degrees of success. It’s more interesting to me than the Clarke redemption tour, or is it re-redemption, I lose track. I hope Octavia makes friends with the new Grounders and tells her brother to suck it. Other than that, so far, kind of meh. I like Murphy. I’m looking forward to seeing Diyoza’s character develop. I wish Abby was still in cryo. I liked see Papa Argent from Teen Wolf playing Russell, the prime/nightblood king. 

You are not alone.. On this show the only people I've ever really disliked ( main characters)  has been Murphy  and Jasper ( after the Mountain Men)  just about everyone else I tolerate or generally understand where they're coming from... But I've only ever rooted for a few Raven... Octavia and Indra... I would've rooted for Welles Jaha.. But he had the hots for clarke and hes a brotha... So the CW killed him and gave us Finn ( oy)... So while a lot of last season was tough to watch I'm glad Bellamy and his hypocrite ass left her out in the cold.. While running back to Clarke And being in the arms of Echo..  So when she  comes back she can whoop him

• Love 1

Wait. Why would they have chips? I thought the commander chip was the last thing Becca invented and she brought it to earth from the space station. Where would the expedition get them?

Yeah, Book 2 smells a lot like Book 1. Children of Gabriel are Grounders and The Primes are Mt. Weather. No matter, Clarke will eventually kill both groups and Octavia will turn the moon into a barren wasteland.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Actually, what I'd really like to know is why Henry Ian Cusik is still in the credits.  

Is he really getting paid to be off screen and in cryo?  I want his kind of contract where one gets paid but doesn't have to be on set.  

He was probably filming The Passage, but that just got canceled, so he may be back. 

4 hours ago, ketose said:

Wait. Why would they have chips? I thought the commander chip was the last thing Becca invented and she brought it to earth from the space station. Where would the expedition get them?

My guess is Becca’s chip and whatever is in the Primes’ heads (which has to be why the Grounders 2.0 cut them off) are like the difference between iPad and Kindle; they both do the same basic thing, but are slightly different.

For example, the gal Jordan was hitting on seemed to regard that night as her last. I’m wondering if the Prime version doesn’t grant memories, but takes over the person entirely (and after hundreds of years of cult-like indoctrination becoming a meatsuit for a Prime is seen as a great honor).

It could be that the alpha version of the tech that completely overwrites the brain was already in existence by the time the bombs fell, but Becca’s Commander AI version was an upgrade that worked out how to have the personalities ride along without taking over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ketose said:

Yeah, Book 2 smells a lot like Book 1. Children of Gabriel are Grounders and The Primes are Mt. Weather. No matter, Clarke will eventually kill both groups and Octavia will turn the moon into a barren wasteland.

I kind of does feel like that.

• Love 1

It’s a bad sign when I‘m not even interested in keeping up with the mystery. I don‘t care about learning all the names of the sub-groups and what the skeletons in each closet are (because clearly, there are). As it will not even matter, in a few episodes there will be a countdown until Clarke has to do X to save everyone (and kill the others), so why learn about them? I‘ll continue to enjoy the show with one eye only and will be satisfied. The locations are nice, the costumes are interesting, sometimes even the dialogue is (but rarely), but I‘m not guessing anything anymore. I just noticed that when reading this thread that I care less apparently than most in here 🙂 Still interesting to read your thoughts.

• Useful 1
On 5/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Sakura12 said:

Octavia still hasn't learned anything though. She knows nothing about this planet and thinks she has the upper hand because she knows how to fight. She saw they used some kind of paralyzing thing on Diyoza, Madi and Gaia. I kind of don't blame Bellamy for kicking her out. She's shown that she's still kill first and never ask questions. They don't need a loose cannon with them.

When she said she should have died in the gorge, I agreed. Not because she "deserves" it or whatever -- because that's the natural end for the character's story and now she doesn't fit anymore.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I think someone needed to inform Jordan that maybe telling a stranger, even a pretty stranger, about their adventures on Earth including mass genocide isn't the smartest idea when wanting to stay on that planet.

So, Diyoza's past comes to haunt her.

The Jordan thing was kind of funny to me, since the lead-in of "I was raised on stories about Clarke" makes it sound like it's going to be a fond story, and then it turns out the family story about Clarke is a cautionary tale about how she killed a bunch of people in Mt. Weather for stealing their bone marrow. Okay.

Re: Diyoza, I sense a theme developing this season about second/third/fifth chances for people who did something bad in the past. I'm not mad about it, and it might fit this story about the Primes downloading people into new bodies.

How any of this relates to an eclipse that makes everyone kill each other, IDK.

15 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

My guess is Becca’s chip and whatever is in the Primes’ heads (which has to be why the Grounders 2.0 cut them off) are like the difference between iPad and Kindle; they both do the same basic thing, but are slightly different...I’m wondering if the Prime version doesn’t grant memories, but takes over the person entirely (and after hundreds of years of cult-like indoctrination becoming a meatsuit for a Prime is seen as a great honor).

This is my guess, too. If they were just transferring memories from generation to generation, it wouldn't seem like a big enough deal to me to warrant a counter-culture that's trying to destroy them. I think it's probably more of a body snatching situation, and they're excited that Clarke is a candidate to get snatched.

• Love 1

The showrunners have to know that at least some of us loyal fans are just tired of "extra special Clarke " like no matter what's happening something about her will have her attached to the brand new power players on the scene.. And then the only other super special is her "daughter "...  I'm not even angry just... Exacerbated 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

The showrunners have to know that at least some of us loyal fans are just tired of "extra special Clarke " like no matter what's happening something about her will have her attached to the brand new power players on the scene.. And then the only other super special is her "daughter "...  I'm not even angry just... Exacerbated 

I'm the other way around. I hate that Clarke is everyone's whipping boy until they want someone to be in charge and take responsibility. Then it's "oh yeah, Clarke's the leader, let her deal with it". And then if things don't go the way they want, they go back to blaming her for everything again. It was like that stupid list thing in season whatever when she made the list and everyone got angry at her for making the list and then that was the list they all happily used for the bunker

"Clarke, you're the worst how could you have [insert Clarke's latest sin here]. When you're in charge people die and we all hate you. Oh wait, you need somebody to take responsibility for something? Oh, Clarke's definitely the leader!" *push Clarke forward and then bitch about all her decisions behind her back*

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

I'm the other way around. I hate that Clarke is everyone's whipping boy until they want someone to be in charge and take responsibility. Then it's "oh yeah, Clarke's the leader, let her deal with it". And then if things don't go the way they want, they go back to blaming her for everything again. It was like that stupid list thing in season whatever when she made the list and everyone got angry at her for making the list and then that was the list they all happily used for the bunker. [snip]

I'm firmly in this camp as well. To me, Clarke only has one extra special skill: she is a natural born leader who can make the hard call. The ability to put a value on human life, such as with the list, is part of that skill set. It's a terrible aspect of it, and not one many of possess. Sometimes it has to be done anyway.

The others snark "who put you in charge?" to her, but don't have any inclination to step up when a leader is needed. They hate her for the things she does, but by allowing her to do them, they get to sleep peacefully at night. She's flawed. She doesn't always make the right decision. There is always a price - for her and everyone. But at the end of the day, when a decision has to be made, she'll step up and make it for good and bad.

You can talk a problem to death, spend ages looking for alternatives and trying to find the path with the lowest price. Sometimes you're successful and sometimes there is no better way. You just have to make the call and be done with it. This show has been on for 6 years. Whatever lies they tell, the characters on it want her to make the call. If they didn't, they would have stepped up more and made a different choices.

Instead, when the next time comes (and it will) they'll moan, whine and stomp, but ultimately leave it in her hands again. Then after, they'll turn her back into their whipping post. I'm tired of the cycle, but it seems to be the only one the writers know.

• Love 9

Not really much to say but damn did Clarke look amazing in that dress.  Holy cow!

I also got a chuckle out of Murphy's line (I think it was Murphy) when she changed back to her normal clothes, I am paraphrasing here, "Oh look you're back in your murder clothes."  

• LOL 2
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, Keely said:

She's flawed. She doesn't always make the right decision. There is always a price - for her and everyone. But at the end of the day, when a decision has to be made, she'll step up and make it for good and bad.

And she takes responsibility - for her own actions and for others. When she thinks she was wrong, she owns it. She takes everyone's flack, even when it's unfair. Compare that to others who have had leadership roles over the seasons - Bellamy, Octavia and Jaha being the other main three - and they never take responsibility for their own actions in the way Clarke does. The only person Clarke should be compared to is Kane because he's the only other one who's willing to step up, take responsibility and admit when he's made a mistake.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

And she takes responsibility - for her own actions and for others. When she thinks she was wrong, she owns it. She takes everyone's flack, even when it's unfair. Compare that to others who have had leadership roles over the seasons - Bellamy, Octavia and Jaha being the other main three - and they never take responsibility for their own actions in the way Clarke does. The only person Clarke should be compared to is Kane because he's the only other one who's willing to step up, take responsibility and admit when he's made a mistake.

This isn't a dig on Clarke or anyone on the show.. More just a statement.. But admitting you made a mistake is all well and good... But if you keep making mistakes.. If horrible things happen constantly.. Maybe that's on you

• Love 2