Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Jesus Gonna Be Here

Did Luke Grimes really leave the show, because he didn't want to have any gay scenes with Lafayette?

If so, screw him.  It's 2014 and he's an actor.  If he's that homophobic, he needs to grow up or find a new profession.

• Love 3

You hear it rip, it was supposed to be Violet using Vamp speed to get Jason naked.

Exactly. I know I didn't make it clear that i knew that is what it was. Sorry about that. It was funny though. Lol.

Here is the link to Rutina's TV Guide interview about Tara's death.

Well, this is weird sounding

"Despite her death, will Tara return?

Wesley: She's dead. I hate to say it, but she's dead. I'm no longer."

She's no longer what? It sounds like she's dancing around the fact that she's not off the show, even though she's dead.

I agree that if Tara's really dead, her disgusting mother did it. And it sucks because I've loved Tara since her first scene.

I liked the scenes with Pam and I'm always happy to see Jason's ass, but it wasn't a good episode. Lots of characters I don't really care. And I'm not sure the infected vampires plot is a good idea. 

(edited)

Well, this is weird sounding

"Despite her death, will Tara return?

Wesley: She's dead. I hate to say it, but she's dead. I'm no longer."

She's no longer what? It sounds like she's dancing around the fact that she's not off the show, even though she's dead.

I desperately want this all to be one big misdirection but the way the writers have treated Tara in the past makes me really believe she's gone and not coming back. But then I think why kill Tara off-camera, make Lettie Mae a regular this season and then have her storyline be all about grieving dead Tara while no one else around her seems to care? Surely, there must be more to this story. 

Edited by Turkish

I think the only fit ending for this show is maybe for EVERYONE to die.  Sucky.  Bill.  Most of the townfolk.  Most of the other vamps.

Okay, Pam can live.  I always liked Pam.

• Love 2

Didn't the writers make a bit stink last year when people questioned the sincerity of Tara's mom in offering to feed her?  I remember some kind of indignation on their parts when viewers were questioning it, unless I'm inventing something, so I have a hard time thinking that they'd have Tara's mom kill her.

I suppose all the "Tara's dead" talk could just be wordplay to keep a secret.  As Lafayette noted, she was already dead, just vamped.  

(edited)

I think the only fit ending for this show is maybe for EVERYONE to die. Sucky. Bill. Most of the townfolk. Most of the other vamps.

Okay, Pam can live. I always liked Pam.

With our collective luck, it will turn out to be a dream, ala the Dallas season that was all a dream that Pam had. Lol. I could see the writers doing that to us.

For example, having Sookie wake up saying, what the hell was that all about, getting in her car and going to work at Merlotte's just as it was in the opening scene of the pilot.

I hope that Lettie didn't kill Tara. She f'ed up her entire life. It would just add insult to injury for her to have f'ed up her death too. I hope Tara didn't meet her true death, but I am not holding my breath.

Edited by cosmic1
  • Love 1

I think the only fit ending for this show is maybe for EVERYONE to die.  Sucky.  Bill.  Most of the townfolk.  Most of the other vamps.

Okay, Pam can live.  I always liked Pam.

And Lafayette.  Lafayette and Pam should get an apartment together and engage in wacky, snarky hijinx.

• Love 5

Well for those of us who thought there might be something between Jessica and Adilyn:

Will there be anybody new? Or is Wade the only person in her sights? Because, to be honest, it looked like Adilyn and Jessica had a lot of chemistry!

“No, Adilyn is not going to be a lesbian.” [Laughs] Actually, when my character first came to life, they had written my character to be a lesbian! But I guess that somewhere along the line that just kind of got nixed.”

Whole spoilery interview can be found here.

With our collective luck, it will turn out to be a dream, ala the Dallas season that was all a dream that Pam had. Lol. I could see the writers doing that to us.

Or Sookie becomes a lumberjack.

• Love 5

Let's see the many reasons I hated this episode, will hate watch for conclusion sake, but will not purchase the final season:

1) No Eric.

2) Not enough Pam & she was not connected to anyone.

3) Tara being killed off-screen. Yes, I believe she's dead because the writers always crapped on Tara, and this is the ultimate insult. I also believe that monstrosity she was unfortunate enough to have to call mother is the one that killed her, hence the stake and her hallucinations (that's the guilt for what she did).

4) The pitiful foreshadowing of the Sookie/Bill wind up together because she realizes she can only be at peace and be involved with someone whose thoughts she can't read.

5) No Eric.

6) Sookie and Bill will undoubtedly live, thereby making me want to vomit in my mouth.

7) More Lettie Mae to not look forward to.

8) NO ERIC!

• Love 2

Was the point of this episode to make me hate pretty much everybody except maybe Pam enough to root for the Hep-V vampires to wipe Bon Temps off the map?  Because that's what happened.

RIP Tara if this was your true true death.  You deserved a better show than this.

I'm glad that Jessica and Adylyn aren't hooking up.  Not all chemistry is romantic, and they work great as friends.  They tried that with Pam and Tara, who were slowly building up a great mother/daughter relationship and they had no romantic chemistry at all, yet we were supposed to believe they were in love.  I never bought them as a couple.

Lafayette being a medium means that just about any dead character can return as a spirit through him, and I'm thinking that's what Tara is going to do.  But the fact that they confirmed Tara's death without Pam or Eric having any knowledge of it is garbage.  Tara deserved better than a weak, off-screen death.  Terry had a whole town mourning over him, and Tara doesn't even get a tear from her so-called best friend.

• Love 2
The all-night siege was just... lame. An unarmed opponent who is magically unable to enter the building simply should not be that much drama. Hell, couldn't Fairygirl just open the door a little bit and fry him with light-balls?

I forgot about how much this confused me!  If the guy couldn't come inside, why did Jessica have to have the stand-off with him?  I guess Jessica was trying to prove something to Adilyn/ Andy, but if Adilyn would just really stay in the house, there really wasn't any danger, right?  So why in the world was Jessica willing to stand there until dawn, and to die?  The H-vamp died at dawn anyway!  It really made no sense.  

I watched season 6 over the weekend to catch up, because apparently I had barely paid attention last season and so could not remember what happened.  In between episodes, they talked about the final season, and several actors commented that this season, the show was going to get back to the characters that made the show what it is, less "big story" and more character stuff.  And then Tara dies offscreen in episode 1?  Does not compute.  

• Love 2

I desperately want this all to be one big misdirection but the way the writers have treated Tara in the past makes me really believe she's gone and not coming back. But then I think why kill Tara off-camera, make Lettie Mae a regular this season and then have her storyline be all about grieving dead Tara while no one else around her seems to care? Surely, there must be more to this story. 

You're making the mistake in thinking this show cares about the fans(killing off a character who's had a major role since minute five of the episode one off screen has to be the biggest slap in the face ever), or know how to write(not even remembering that Pam would feel Tara dying, Sookie being more upset that her boyfriend thought mean things about her than her BFF dying..). I have no faith in this show.

• Love 1

I think someone needs to hire Angel and the gang ASAP. Those guys would get things done.

One thing (aside from many others) that bothered me through most of the episode was that the H-Vamps attacked the party where there were humans and vamps. And managed to maim and kidnap a bunch of people, even though there were other vamps there to help fight them off. And then the townspeople (that mayor candidate guy and company) think that they can go out (still at NIGHT) with just two guns and two stakes, AS HUMANS, and somehow surprise attack the H-Vamps? This makes no sense to me. The H-Vamps would have heard them coming and just taken them prisoner or sucked them dry. It seemed like the most ridiculous plan ever. I know they probably felt a time-crunch to save the kidnap victims, but still. Suicide mission.

If Tara really met the true death, that was big mishap on the writers' to not at least have Pam flinch. I say Tara is still around. Just like Eric has to be. Pam would feel if he weren't. 

Did anyone notice the creepy look the vampire that took Sam home was giving? I thought something was up there for sure. But since Sam showed up at the church the next day, I guess it was nothing. 

I think Sookie should not have been at all surprised with the thoughts she heard in the church. I mean she had just barely, the night before, come from the bar, hearing the exact same things. Did she think people would just forget? I get she wants to help, but she needs to practice that "blocking" of thoughts or something if it is going to break her down. 

Worried about the end of the season, but most series don't end all that well. End of the world would probably work for me.  

• Love 3

I don't buy that Tara is gone either. Rutina says that Tara is dead. Well yes, she's a vampire, and vampires are by definition dead. 

Jesus Christ show, STOP introducing new characters. You can't service the ones you got. I'm assuming that Arlene, the witch and Sam's latest love are going to be trapped for a good part of the season. Great. Now we won't have three separate plotlines for each of them. That's always been my biggest problem with the show - far too many plotlines, many of which go nowhere. 

I really only care about Jessica on the show. She's the only character that actually seems to have an emotional core and struggles with her decisions. Despite some of the shitty things she's done, she's a decent person inside, and wants to do good things. 

• Love 2

I really only care about Jessica on the show. She's the only character that actually seems to have an emotional core and struggles with her decisions. Despite some of the shitty things she's done, she's a decent person inside, and wants to do good things. 

Jessica, Pam and Eric are the only characters whom I hope have good endings in the series final. Everyone else can either burn at dawn or become vamp meat for all I care. I do hope the rest of the season is at least bearable to watch

• Love 3

If so, screw him.  It's 2014 and he's an actor.  If he's that homophobic, he needs to grow up or find a new profession.

I suppose there can be no other reason other than being homophobic that would lead an actor/actress to avoid a gay/lesbian scene.  

I forgot about how much this confused me!  If the guy couldn't come inside, why did Jessica have to have the stand-off with him?  I guess Jessica was trying to prove something to Adilyn/ Andy, but if Adilyn would just really stay in the house, there really wasn't any danger, right?  So why in the world was Jessica willing to stand there until dawn, and to die?  The H-vamp died at dawn anyway!  It really made no sense. 

Not that I'm interested in arguing that anything on this show makes sense, but I was willing to go along with this one based on character motivations. Jessica wants to protect Adilyn, but I think part of that is not wanting Adilyn to feel terrorized as she was when Jessica killed her sisters. So, even if, theoretically, she should be safe from the Hep V vamp if she doesn't let him in the house and stays away from the windows, she would still be scared and alone with him, so Jessica wouldn't want to abandon her. I'm willing to accept that Jessica is emotionally invested enough that she would stay as long as there's a predator in the yard, but YMMV.

• Love 2

I suppose there can be no other reason other than being homophobic that would lead an actor/actress to avoid a gay/lesbian scene.  

What other reason would there be to avoid such a scene unless you genuinely had a problem with portraying that? I don't like making excuses for such behavior. Especially not in this day and age. It's called acting. Act.

I personally don't think they should have let him out of his contract no matter what the story was. I'm sure many actors on this show have probably had a problem with something the writers have had their characters do but they haven't been released from their contracts so the show has to go to the trouble of recasting them. Why make an exception in this guy's case? Who is he to get to quit an acting job just because he doesn't like the direction his character is going in? He's not even an A-List actor with any sort of real influence. Actors shouldn't get to dictate story IMO. Especially not an actor who is new to the show. Show up and do your job. He should have known what he was getting into coming on a show like this. They should have held him to his contract. You don't get to throw a tantrum and quit just because you no longer get to work with the actor you thought you were going to work with. That wouldn't fly in any other workplace. It shouldn't here either. 

• Love 5

What other reason would there be to avoid such a scene unless you genuinely had a problem with portraying that? I don't like making excuses for such behavior. Especially not in this day and age. It's called acting. Act.

I personally don't think they should have let him out of his contract no matter what the story was. I'm sure many actors on this show have probably had a problem with something the writers have had their characters do but they haven't been released from their contracts so the show has to go to the trouble of recasting them. Why make an exception in this guy's case? Who is he to get to quit an acting job just because he doesn't like the direction his character is going in? He's not even an A-List actor with any sort of real influence. Actors shouldn't get to dictate story IMO. Especially not an actor who is new to the show. Show up and do your job. He should have known what he was getting into coming on a show like this. They should have held him to his contract. You don't get to throw a tantrum and quit just because you no longer get to work with the actor you thought you were going to work with. That wouldn't fly in any other workplace. It shouldn't here either. 

I guess technically they could have held him to his contract, but what would be the point? How good a job do you think he would do if he didn't want to act a certain way? Just because someone has a contract to act doesn't make them a slave, if they changed what his part was, or even if they changed the amount of nudity he signed up for, then he shouldn't have to do it. When Sharon Stone filmed Basic Instinct, the crotch shot wasn't part of the script. They had to get her consent for the scene or cut the scene out, because the movie couldn't be legally released without her permission. Actors shouldn't be forced into sexual situations that make them uncomfortable just because they're actors, they have a right as to who touches their bodies, or how exposed they are too. 

• Love 3

I guess technically they could have held him to his contract, but what would be the point? How good a job do you think he would do if he didn't want to act a certain way? Just because someone has a contract to act doesn't make them a slave, if they changed what his part was, or even if they changed the amount of nudity he signed up for, then he shouldn't have to do it. When Sharon Stone filmed Basic Instinct, the crotch shot wasn't part of the script. They had to get her consent for the scene or cut the scene out, because the movie couldn't be legally released without her permission. Actors shouldn't be forced into sexual situations that make them uncomfortable just because they're actors, they have a right as to who touches their bodies, or how exposed they are too. 

This show has been on for 7 seasons and their has been more nudity and sex, not to mention homosexual situations, than I can count. Had he not watched the show before? Surely, he knew what kind of show he was signing on the dotted line to be apart of. I don't understand how anyone who knows about this show can come on and act like a Southern Belle about all the various sexual situations at this point. That's about half of what this show is about. Why come on a show like this if you are not willing to do what is required on it? If it is simply a case of him not wanting to work with anyone but Deborah Ann Woll, as is also rumored, I stand by my statement. Who is he to throw a fit over such a thing? 

Yeah, I guess it's true that if he is at all uncomfortable being in a gay relationship on camera he probably wouldn't have portrayed it well and I would rather have someone else who doesn't have a problem with such a thing doing those scenes. Still, those kinds of attitudes leave a bad taste in my mouth about the actor. If that is indeed why he quit. I'm sure a lot of these actors don't want to be rolling around on a bed with each other or fucking up against cars and the like but they still have to do their jobs anyway. IDK. It just bothers me. 

• Love 3

Anyway, there was soooooo much stuff I blocked out from the last season that I spent almost all of the "previously on" segment getting annoyed. You guys? I literally forgot about Warlow and I got reaquainted with my massive hatred for that bullshit about Sookie's parents trying to kill her when she was a child. Haaaaaaaate. I also forgot about Sam's stupid girlfriend and her pregnancy. Like, I am actively hoping a pregnant character dies

Warlow never happened. And Tara did not just die in that completely offhand way. Eric is alive and will be back next episode. Bill and Sookie will never get back together. Violet will disappear for no reason and nobody will notice or care. Bill will die horribly. I'm still holding out for the decent Eric/Sookie sex scene we never got. I'd say something about Willa but... Willa who?

• Love 4
(edited)
I think I can answer a lot of questions raised in the last page and a half with a theory of my own:

The writers do not maintain a show bible.

I don't think they even care to pretend at this point. Their jobs are nearly over. 

Edited by Athena

So why in the world was Jessica willing to stand there until dawn, and to die?

Perhaps Jessica does not know that faeries cannot be glamored.  Jessica glamored her own father, to get him to invite her into his home.  But mainly: PLOT.

The universal voice of the commenters - disgust and disdain for the fallen writing of this show - and the fact that we are all still watching, reflects how delicious and fun True Blood used to be.   For me: invested in the characters, gotta' watch,  thankful for a shortened final season.  Low expectations.

Personally I consider it an issue of bodily autonomy. I believe that any and all people should be allowed to say what they do with or what is done to their body, I don't think that any job should come with the assumption that you aren't allowed to say "no." I don't know his reasons for leaving and frankly I don't care. Everybody should have the freedom to walk away from a situation that requires them to do something with their body that makes them uncomfortable regardless of whether or not I agree with their reasons.

Back to this episode, I agree with the idea that the show doesn't have a story bible which is pathetic considering the show is based on books.

• Love 5
(edited)

My verdict: it was better than expected in some ways, worse in others. The True Death of Tara definitely belongs in the latter. She was treated like shit before, during and after she was turned. Besides being a lame sendoff, Tara's demise fulfilled a classic horror-movie cliche', about a Black character dying within the first 10 minutes. I don't think that Lettie Mae killed Tara because in last season's finale she wanted to atone for her numerous mistakes where Tara was concerned and since that meant letting tara feed on her, then so be it. The bald H-vamp whom Tara fought was probably older, stronger and smarter than Tara before he was infected, which means that he probably knew plenty of ways to stop her. I also don't think Lettie Mae hallucinated Tara's death because Tara fed on her, not vice versa and LM seemed clean and sober to me. Especially far-fetched was that the only people besides LM who gave a shit about losing Tara were Jason, Jessica and Willa, not Pam, Eric, her ex fuck buddy Sam, her cousin Lafayette or even Sookie, Tara's so-called "best friend." Lettie Mae may have fucked up big-time with Tara, but she was absolutely right to be pissed at Sookie. Because of Sookie, Tara died not once, but twice: first, when she sacrificed her life to save Sookie from Debbie, then when Sookie and Lafayette got Pam to turn her. My question re Tara's first death is why the fuck didn't Sookie use her "microwave fingers" to stop Debbie? Sookie can use them to save her own ass and other vamps, but when it comes to family and friends, not so much. Worse, Sookie and Lafayette turned Tara into the thing she hated most for their sakes, not hers. On the bright side, maybe Tara has finally found peace. 

About Sookie as usual, she got on my nerves most of the time. She may not be responsible for the H-vamps invading Bon Temps, but her involvement with vamps, whether full or hybrid, has either endangered many innocent lives or destroyed them altogether, all in the name of "true love." I'm also over Sookie's getting butt hurt about her reading others' thoughts, especially Alcide. I think Sookie deliberately read Alcide's mind and it backfired, which serves her right. When you go inside someone's head without permission, don't be surprised if you hate what you hear. Sookie's going off in a huff after reading Alcide's mind wasn't just selfish and stupid, it was crazy. Given Sookie's blood and the smell of it, her being out in the woods alone at night is dangerous enough with regular vamps to deal with, but with the H-vamps on the loose, it was madness. Sookie should be thankful she didn't end up dead/drained on the side of the road.  However, I do give Sookie credit for taking responsibility for her mistakes and for wanting to save the town despite knowing how many of the citizens feel about her.

Re Bill, he gets no credit from me whatsoever. If it hadn't been for Russell getting freed,  the Tru Blood factories getting bombed, the public human feeding ban getting lifted and the wedding party massacre happening on his watch-and that's before he became Bilith- plus all the other shit he'd done before and after he became King of Louisiana, the humans probably wouldn't have retaliated with Vamp Camp and Hep-V in the first place. The human/vamp feeding initiative sounds good in theory, but given that Bill was involved, it's no wonder it sucked, no pun intended. The mixer could have been held inside Bellefleur's (formerly Merlotte's), but chances are the H-vamps would've stormed the place anyway. Kudos to Andy for putting Bill on blast. Andy lost almost all of his daughters because of Bill and Jessica, so his hatred of them, especially Bill, makes perfect sense. Now that Holly's been taken by the H-vamps, Andy's scared that he'll lose yet another person he loves because of Bill's bullshit, which is the only reason why he still tolerates Bill, much less saved him from those vigiliantes. Poor Holly, Arlene, Jane and Nicole. I've never been a big Nicole fan, but I don't believe that she or her and Sam's unborn baby deserve to die, especially in Fangtasia's dungeon. Poor, slow, sweet Kevin. He deserved much better than to be eaten by an H-vamp. Rosie, Kevin's girlfriend, will be devastated.

RIP, Tara. RIP, Kevin.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Back to this episode, I agree with the idea that the show doesn't have a story bible which is pathetic considering the show is based on books.

I agree.  The constant one-true-love thing with Bill and Sookie that the show wants to promote is tiresome.  Bill essentially manipulated Sookie from Day 1 -- how does the show forget that?  He's not Sookie's Great Love.  He's the embarassing/regrettable first boyfriend that you learned from and look back on with s mixture of fondness and "what was I thinking?-ness." 

Jesus Christ show, STOP introducing new characters. You can't service the ones you got. I'm assuming that Arlene, the witch and Sam's latest love are going to be trapped for a good part of the season. Great. Now we won't have three separate plotlines for each of them. That's always been my biggest problem with the show - far too many plotlines, many of which go nowhere.

I completely agree.  I simply do not care about the residents of Bon Temps, other than those who work at Merlottes and/or are named Stackhouse (and possibly Hoyt -- by the way, whatever happened to that guy?).  The Bellefleurs are not compelling or interesting characters on this show, and you cannot make them interesting, even with demon babies, curses, fairy litters, witch girlfriends, etc.  The show is at its best, in my humble opinion, when it's focusing on Sookie, the vampires, and the politics of supernatural beings living among humans.  I guess this season is going to be about a Zombie-Vampire apocalypse, and take place over a six-hour period of time with 60 characters running around Bon Temps (and Morocco, and France). 

I think Sookie should not have been at all surprised with the thoughts she heard in the church. I mean she had just barely, the night before, come from the bar, hearing the exact same things. Did she think people would just forget? I get she wants to help, but she needs to practice that "blocking" of thoughts or something if it is going to break her down.

I don't get why everyone blames Sookie.  It's not like she "created" vampires, or caused them to be more public.  Nor is she the only resident who has been in a relationship with a vampire.  That was confusing to me, why they were scapegoating her specifically for being a "vampire slut."

• Love 5

What bothered me about that scene as well as the one with Alcide is that we have already gone over this multiple times over the years and she is still bitching about being able to hear everyone's thoughts. I guess I'm just over it at this point. 

(edited)

If Tara really met the true death, that was big mishap on the writers' to not at least have Pam flinch. I say Tara is still around. Just like Eric has to be. Pam would feel if he weren't. 

Did anyone notice the creepy look the vampire that took Sam home was giving? I thought something was up there for sure. But since Sam showed up at the church the next day, I guess it was nothing. 

The thing about Tara's death, though... is that a vampire dying isn't a very dignified way to go. There is no death bed moment or last loving glance/ hug. Godric and Nora's deaths were different- Eric was able to say goodbye to them both. They all knew what was coming, but for Tara, her death was unexpected. (even Russell, thanks to his fairy blood exploded much slower than normal.) So maybe that was part of why they decided to have her death occur off screen.

I also think she's not gone for good. She's met the true death, yes. But she will be back either as a ghost or in flashbacks (or probably both.)  And Sookie did shed a tear for Tara... and was clearly overwhelmed by everything that had happened that night. I think we will see more of her grief as the season wears on. The premieres always have to be filled with a ton of stuff, so there isn't time for major develpments about anything.

The vampire that went home with Sam was Holly's gay vampire friend that glamoured Terry last year.

Not that I'm interested in arguing that anything on this show makes sense, but I was willing to go along with this one based on character motivations. Jessica wants to protect Adilyn, but I think part of that is not wanting Adilyn to feel terrorized as she was when Jessica killed her sisters. So, even if, theoretically, she should be safe from the Hep V vamp if she doesn't let him in the house and stays away from the windows, she would still be scared and alone with him, so Jessica wouldn't want to abandon her. I'm willing to accept that Jessica is emotionally invested enough that she would stay as long as there's a predator in the yard, but YMMV.

There is also the idea that although he can't enter the house, he can harm Adilyn in other ways- he's a vampire and strong, even if he's dying... he could damage the house itself or even go as far to set it on fire to drive Adilyn out of the house.

And there is also the emotional terror involved as mentioned above. If Adilyn was alone, the vamp would be banging on her door, tormenting her with scary talk etc.

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 1
(edited)

As for the blame Bill train... how far back do you want to go? Sure it was his idea to blow up the TB factories... but he didn't accomplish that on his own. The authority was determined to do a lot of damage once Roman was dead- initially they wanted to kill all mainstreaming vampires, which could have potentially been a large portion of the vampires, and would have included Tara and Pam, Jessica etc.  If as a viewer you are completely on the side of humans and think all of the vampires are evil just by being vampires, then sure... blowing up the TB factories was a very bad thing... and cost human lives. Not blowing up the factories would have also cost human lives and vampire lives. (That is the tough part of this story of vampires- we are supposed to like them and root for them, but they are all murderers)

Hep V and vamp camp was up and running before the factories exploded- it was a matter of days between those factories blowing and all that happened in S6, governor Burrell was just waiting for another reason to unleash the plans he'd already set in motion.

But anyway- Bill made that suggestion after being influenced by the blood, blood that he and Eric were forced to drink after Roman was killed. Roman was killed because of Russell, Bill didn't free Russell on his own, he and Eric were played by Salome. Eric had a chance to kill Russell a year before all of this happened... but he didn't. Russell ripping the spine out of a reporter on live TV drove the backlash against vampires, and I'm sure encouraged Burrell to develop more anti-vamp stuff (the government was already working on it)  and I could keep going back and back...

So to say this is all one person's fault is BS. I guess we could go back as far as we can and say this is all Russell's fault for killing Eric's human family...

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 2
(edited)

I completely agree.  I simply do not care about the residents of Bon Temps, other than those who work at Merlottes and/or are named Stackhouse (and possibly Hoyt -- by the way, whatever happened to that guy?).

After going through a self-destructive goth phase that ended with him almost killing Jessica, Hoyt asked Jessica to glamour him to forget both her and Jason.  It was probably the storyline that's moved me most on this show.  Hoyt packed up and moved to Alaska.  Jason and Sookie were in his cop car, and Jason pulled Hoyt over to see him one last time as he drove out of town.  Hoyt didn't remember him at all, but they still had an emotional moment before Hoyt left.  Jason walked back to the car, climbed in, and just started crying.  I dislike book Jason, but Ryan just tugs on my heartstrings.

It is strange how they handled Jessica protecting Adilyn.  In retrospect, the girl is a little dense, and she's soft-hearted enough to save Jessica after the death of her sisters.  In theory, she could have made the same compassionate decision with the H-vamp.  She was just too dumb and too sweet to reliably care for herself.

I don't mind Willa, but she is distractingly similar in appearance to Nora.  In fact, at first I thought it was her until I remembered that she died.

I don't know if Tara is really dead - I hope not.  What I do remember is the pre-season special the show did.  I found Rutina to be melancholy, grateful to Anna, and even emotional, but that could have been simply because the show is ending.  Tara's first death was heartbreaking with Sookie and Lafayette, and maybe they thought they couldn't top that death scene.  I feel sorry for the actress if she was contractually obligated to do all the publicity for the show, if she was only in a few minutes of the entire season.

Alcide and Sam are an embarrassment to wolves and dogs with their non-existent tracking skills.

I don't hate Sookie.  I watched the first few episodes of the first season recently, and her life has been non-stop turbulence.  I forgot how naïve and innocent she was.  She didn't like dirty talk or the "f" word, or discussions of sex.  Now she's pretty open sexually and seems to savor saying fuck.  I give the townsfolk no breaks for hating Sookie.  They hated and ostracized her in that town long before vampires came out of the coffin. 

Edited by RedheadZombie

It is strange how they handled Jessica protecting Adilyn.  In retrospect, the girl is a little dense, and she's soft-hearted enough to save Jessica after the death of her sisters.  In theory, she could have made the same compassionate decision with the H-vamp.  She was just too dumb and too sweet to reliably care for herself.

I don't mind Willa, but she is distractingly similar in appearance to Nora.  In fact, at first I thought it was her until I remembered that she died.

I don't hate Sookie.  I watched the first few episodes of the first season recently, and her life has been non-stop turbulence.  I forgot how naïve and innocent she was.  She didn't like dirty talk or the "f" word, or discussions of sex.  Now she's pretty open sexually and seems to savor saying fuck.  I give the townsfolk no breaks for hating Sookie.  They hated and ostracized her in that town long before vampires came out of the coffin. 

To be fair to Adilyn, she is not even a year old. Fairies seem to be prone to a certain level of flakiness.

Maybe Eric turned Willa because did look like Nora. This is an UO, but I liked Nora. Hated her flashback episode, but I basically like every member of the Godric family line.

Not a Sookie fan, and I agree it's not fair that the town hates her. I mean, Bill can be said he as much as to blame as she is. I think that's what bothered me and has always, other characters get blamed, but Bill always seem to come off free of it. He even gets to be a media darling more than once while Sookie is still hated by the town.

• Love 2
(edited)

To be fair to Adilyn, she is not even a year old. Fairies seem to be prone to a certain level of flakiness.

Maybe Eric turned Willa because did look like Nora. This is an UO, but I liked Nora. Hated her flashback episode, but I basically like every member of the Godric family line.

Not a Sookie fan, and I agree it's not fair that the town hates her. I mean, Bill can be said he as much as to blame as she is. I think that's what bothered me and has always, other characters get blamed, but Bill always seem to come off free of it. He even gets to be a media darling more than once while Sookie is still hated by the town.

The vigilantes weren't shy about blaming Bill, even though the guy's particular argument in that moment made no sense, IMO, since it sounded like he was saying the one vampire/one human plan was what was killing people. The one human/one vampire vampires weren't attacking people, they were saving and helping people, even if they were outnumbered (i'm assuming them being outnumbered was why it was such a blood bath) But the whole plan to do the mixer outside was a stupid one, whoever came up with it. They could have made Bellefluers or a church or something the meeting place, and probably finagled a way for it to be a "private human home" so the vampires would need to be invited in, which would have offered some protection. (though not enough, I'm sure... since they'd probably light the buildig on fire or something) But drama llama needed an exciting battle!

I liked Nora once she was free of the lilith blood influence... but agree that the flashback was sort of lame. It was clear even without it that Eric cared for her very muchl, but we did get to revisit wig Eric, which always entertains me.

There was also something about him getting a role in 50 Shades of gray... and I guess you don't turn that down? Talk about a train wreck...

I like the new James better. He is in Jessica's Vlog this week, and he was super cute and charming- just that tiny clip left me thinking he was far more interesting than the old James.

Edited by Jjrmt

The discussion about Luke Grimes has become off topic and unnecessarily heated. We really have no idea the specific reason he left the show. If you would really like to continue this conversation, take it to the character topic or create a casting topic. Even then, do not be passive aggressive or a dick to your fellow posters.

• Love 1

So why in the world was Jessica willing to stand there until dawn, and to die?

Didn't Andy tell Adilyn not to let Jessica in the house? Or am I imagining that?

Yes, Andy told Adilyn not to let Jessica in. Jessica agreed with that assessment. Adilyn trusts Jessica in spite of what happened which is why she didn't want Jessica to die and took that risk to step outside. I think that was the only time I was a bit on edge in the episode.

My mama use to say "if you can't say somethin' nice..."

So I thought about if there was at least one nice thing I could say about this episode and what it suggests about this final season, and I finally came up with something:

No matter how this season ends, no matter how awful, there's still a 98.5% chance it'll still be a better ending than the way Charlene Harris ended the book series.

So I'm going to try and keep that in mind as I plow through the rest of the series.

• Love 5

Yes, Andy told Adilyn not to let Jessica in. Jessica agreed with that assessment. Adilyn trusts Jessica in spite of what happened which is why she didn't want Jessica to die and took that risk to step outside. I think that was the only time I was a bit on edge in the episode.

Adilyn talks about how she should hate Jessica, but she doesn't... which is interesting... but also that she has nightmares about what happened (I'd imagine her attack later by Eric didn't help either) So her talking to Jessica about boys and inviting her in definitely made for an interesting dynamic.

I am curious to see what Andy's response is going to be. He couldn't bring himself to shoot Jessica in the finale last season, but you know he was thinking about it. Just like I'm sure it crossed his mind to really shoot Bill in the slaughter house. Andy has really stepped up to the plate though, his speech to the vigilante kid was pretty great. Andy gets better every season. I really like him with Holly as well.

Aside from Eric and Pam, who should be folded into the main story soon, I'm already pleased that our characters are all in one place for the most part. It should hopefully mean less unrelated plots, and I have a feeling the new characters will die off pretty quickly.

Maybe Tara'll Godric and show up every now and then and say some insightful, rage-filled things to Sookie. Not that Sookie every listened to her before. And I can't really imagine Tara being more angry then she has been.

I doubt it, and I don't particularly want it. Just dead isn't always dead and gone on True Blood. Hell, if there can be a fairy vampire hybrid, why can't a vampire also be a ghost?

Sookie. SooooooOOOOOOOooookie!

(edited)

Tara isn't dead.  They hit that line too hard and too easily.  I might have bought it if every character wasn't reminding me.  "Hey, be careful out there, did you know Tara's dead?"  

I fucking hated this title because I wanted Jesus back for Lala.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos

After thinking about it a few days, I'm sad to say that the "Tara's death happened off screen because we don't know yet Lettie Mae killed her" is making more sense.

When the reverend was talking about Lettie Mae's problems, I thought it was a setup for LM having hallucinated Tara's death. Now I think it was the show subtly reminding us that LM is crazy enough to do something like that.

Remember what Lala's mother thought of him, just for being gay.

Meanwhile, I don't remember Sam getting that chick pregnant...was that a new actress? And it took me a day and a half of forum posts to realize that "Willa", and the actress playing her, were not in fact Eric's sister, although I wondered when she lost her accent.

My memory's pretty flaky these days, but this *may* be a sign they over-cast just a wee bit.