Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Jesus Gonna Be Here

I'm really hoping Tara's death is a misdirection because I am super fucking pissed that a) they killed her off-screen, b)Pam didn't feel her go and c) not one single person who supposedly cared about her could muster up much of a response to her passing expect the one character who treated her like shit her whole life. Okay, well there was Jessica. I did appreciate that she at least looked sad about it. I don't know why I'm so surprised about any of this. Tara has always been the writers' whipped dog that they love to kick around. Of course they wouldn't have any sort of respect in dealing with her passing. This is a character who has been on this show since the pilot and that's the death she gets. Off-screen with nobody giving a shit. Ugh. Even Terry got practically a whole damn episode of people mourning plus flashbacks. 

Shipping Jessica and that fairy girl now.

I think I ship Jessica with everyone. I got weirdly turned on by the way she held her in her arms. There will always be a special place in my heart for Deborah Ann Woll no matter what happens to Jessica in the end. I think it's the red hair. Whether natural or dye-job, red hair always does it for me. 

• Love 8

That was boring. It dragged a lot throughout. It was a lot of talking and not much character or plot development. The ending with Sookie in the church was tedious as well. I remember when this show at least made me wonder what would happen next when it ended.

I don't think Tara is dead. Her mother may have fed off her after she fed Tara in the finale. Who knows.

On a positive note, Jessica and the Fairy girl are a cute and gorgeous ship. Lala is still great. I have no idea what is going on the with Pam/Eric plot. I just want them together and happy again. Also, kicking ass and taking names. Only reason I am watching this show to the bitter end.

I thought Nathan Parsons did a good job as James. Never liked him on General Hospital.

I think I actually prefer his James. Which is strange because I didn't like him on General Hospital. Granted, that had more to do with how his character's existence disrespected the history of the Spencer family more than anything else. 

• Love 1
After giving it a little thought, I remembered the reverend's throwaway line about Lettie Mae hallucinating because of the vamp blood (I don't know why she drank vamp blood, wasn't paying much attention), and combined with other cues I think we'll find out Lettie Mae just hallucinated Tara's death.

She drank Willa's blood after the attack because she was injured.

It's possible Lettie Mae just saw a big burst of blood and then Tara wasn't there, so she assumed she was dead, but it could have been the other guy. She may be off somewhere healing.

Who was the random dead woman Sookie tripped on?

(edited)

My husband watched with me and said they should have ended the show a few seasons ago. He thinks it would have been awesome if the final scene of the series would have been Russell Edgington ripping out that guy's spine on the evening news. Ha!!

Totally agree. This show is way past its sell-by date. I am really tired of Sookie as the character seems to be stuck in the same rut and goes through the same things over and over again - the only thing that changes is who she's sharing her bed with and even they get recycled. I wish they would have given her a lesser part a season or two ago and focused on some of the other characters that I find more interesting like Jessica, Pam or LaLa.

If Tara is in fact dead, that was a shitty way to go about it. As others have said, she's been a key character since the beginning and we've seen far lesser characters (hell, even characters that were only around for a couple of episodes) have better, more meaningful deaths with more reaction from others (Stephen Root's character comes to mind).

I should probably go back and re-watch the last episode or two of last season since I didn't remember a lot of the details as to where we left off and that there was a 6 month time jump but I'd rather spend an hour or two doing almost anything else as this show has just become so tedious for me. I can't stand leaving things incomplete so that's the only reason I'm hanging in for this last season.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3
It's possible Lettie Mae just saw a big burst of blood and then Tara wasn't there, so she assumed she was dead, but it could have been the other guy. She may be off somewhere healing.

This, plus the post above about Tara's unfortunate series of events on the show, makes me think she'll be back.  With Hep V.

One of them's eventually got to catch it, right?

We didn't see the Hep-V vamp who attacked Tara and by all accounts she was winning that fight. So either he is the one who bit it and that's the blood Lettie Mae thinks is Tara(or she was taken like the others and Lettie Mae is just assuming they killed her) or he somehow managed to get the upper-hand off screen(!) and Tara really is gone. All I know is they better address whether or not Pam felt her go next episode. That would put to rest whether or not Tara is really gone for good. We are seven seasons in and they went to great pains in detailing the maker/progeny bond to not show us with Pam/Tara what they have shown us with literally every vampire up until this point. 

• Love 1

I liked the episode a lot. I thought it was a totally recognizable and reliable TB season opener that continued last season's storylines and set up new ones. It more than did its job, since I am quite anticipating Pam's journey, Adilyn/Jessica's relationship (but I am *not* shipping them), LaLa/James/Jessica's relationship, and whomever it was hooking up with Sam -- not to mention the return of Eric.

I was initially surprised by Tara's death, but given that we didn't see it and that Pam didn't react (or we didn't see her react), I'm not buying it. It would be like Tara to fear becoming more involved with her mother by having a feeding relationship with her and so take the opportunity to leave while her mother was distracted by the blood-blow-up of the guy she was fighting. That is my theory for now.

I think I may be a little less hard on the show because I haven't watched from the beginning. Instead, I have spent the last two weeks marathoning it in anticipation of tonight. I didn't experience whatever highs and lows and drop-offs or whatever that some are referring to, which I simply did not see. To me, it was chapter after chapter after chapter. I didn't have time to be disappointed or whatever because there was another installment to watch. To me, the show has stayed the same quality all the way through.

There are, of course, parts I don't like (werewolves - ugh!), just as there were scenes/characters tonight I didn't particularly care for, like the guy who ran against Sam for mayor -- but I have not been this entertained by such an OTT yet heartfelt show....well...ever, actually.

I love Sookie, I love Bill, I ADORE Eric, I love love love LaFayette, and I at least like all the other characters, now that the wolves are gone. I am looking forward to spending these last episodes with all the characters I love.

• Love 6

I thought I noticed something interesting, but I could have been mistaken.

When the previews for the rest of the season were rapidly flashing by, there was a very quick snippet of Pam talking to Sookie -- I think about Eric.  Pam seems to be sitting kind of above Sookie, and Sookie is in a position to look up at Pam.  I noticed that snippet -- or one exactly like it, with the ladies in the same positions -- in one of the previews for last season, and I had been waiting for it to show up in an episode.  To my knowledge it never did, unless I just got so bored and fast-forwarded through it!

If I am not incorrect or simply going crazy, and the snippet in tonight's previews is the same one (that apparently didn't show up) that I saw last year, then I am guessing some of the scenes we will see in this final season were already shot way in advance.  Has that happened with this series before?  I know that other series have shot certain episodes or scenes way in advance and then those episodes didn't air for another year or so, but I didn't know if True Blood did the same thing.

Why do I get the feeling that they are going to keep people hanging about Eric's fate for most of the season, just to keep viewers tuned in?

In any event, I think that because I was expecting so little of this episode, it was better than I thought it would be.  I have not liked the last couple of seasons at all, and I am only hanging in there at this rate to see it through to the bitter end.  But I really think this show should have ended a while ago (as was the case with Dexter, also).  Honestly, I don't care who dies -- if anyone -- at this point because the series is ending.  Sure, I would like to see Eric survive and reunite with Pam, but if he dies as this series dies, it's fine.  If he had died and there were still 4 more seasons to go, then I'd have a problem with it!  At this rate, it's the end of the line for everyone, so it doesn't matter to me.

I could not care less about Bill and Sookie.  I never cared about them in the beginning of the series, and I sure don't care about them being together now.

• Love 1

Two other things before I turn in:

1. Since when can vampires get high? I thought they didn't need to breathe, and the closest thing to a drug vampires get is fairy (faerie?) blood.

2. Since when have Andy's balls been that big? I always thought of him as a bigger buttmonkey than the likes of Jason and Tara. Now he's pointing guns at people, telling them about the dangers of killing, and standing up to Bill. I'm guessing this is out of his losing three of his girls to Jessica, who confused them for Lays chips.

• Love 1

ETA: Anybody else thankful we won't get to see Lettie Mae feeding her daughter? I remember from the end of last season, "She's making this weird. She's making the 'one human/one vampire' thing so weird."

Word to that. I found it really creepy and incestuous when that happened last season -- and then I blocked it out of my brain, only to find it creepy and incestuous again when they showed it in the recap. I'm really glad that's done.

Seriously, did they just kill Tara off-screen, like that?  Part of me still has doubts because I would think Pam would have felt it (or did she release her?  I can't remember all that has happened), but another part of me thinks that, of course, these guys would do that to Tara.  Considering all the shit that's happen to her, this as her endgame would be nothing new.  I'm not even a fan of hers, but that would blow. 

Yeah. In a certain sense, I wasn't surprised when that happend, because it was like The Final Insult after years of coming up with shitty plotlines for that character.

The ending with Sookie in the church was tedious as well.

I thought, at first, that they were building to a joke where she would finish her big speech and everyone would still be thinking "eff her" or whatever, but then it cut out as though the idea that Sookie wants to be helpful is, in itself, a shocking cliff-hanger... which -- I don't know -- maybe it is.

If I am not incorrect or simply going crazy, and the snippet in tonight's previews is the same one (that apparently didn't show up) that I saw last year, then I am guessing some of the scenes we will see in this final season were already shot way in advance.  Has that happened with this series before?  I know that other series have shot certain episodes or scenes way in advance and then those episodes didn't air for another year or so, but I didn't know if True Blood did the same thing.

True Blood's seasons are usually shot in advance of their airing. I'm pretty sure they have wrapped filming already. Especially since it's so short compared to previous ones. 

Previously on True Blood: A bunch of stupid shit happened.

Ok, i get that she's the main character so she has to be alive, but really. How the fuck is Sookie still alive?!?!?!?!? I mean, I just find it inexplicable at this point.

I call bullshit on Tara being dead, but what really pisses me off was that everyone else thinks she's really dead and they don't seem to give much of a shit. Except for Jessica and Willa. Really, show?

You know what else I call bullshit on? The fact that the town didn't rise up and try to kill Sam and Bill for their genuinely stupid vamp/human mixer idea. BTW, are there any Hannibal fans here? Was the guy who played Vince (or was it Victor?) Garret Jacob Hobbs? 'Cause I may or may not have shouted "GARRET JACOB HOBBS!" when he showed up.

Why is Violet still on my tv screen? She was useless and annoying last season and she's useless and annoying this season. I hope she gets staked. Soon.

The Fangtasia reveal made me laugh. I'm fuzzy on why they were taken. I assumed it was just so the vamps had a bunch of people to feed on, but the clips after the show made it seem like it's something else.

The only stuff I like right now is the Jessica/Andy/Adaline stuff. Oh, and New James flirting with LaLa.

I'm gonna hate-watch the hell out of his show like I did with the last season of Dexter. I'm oddly excited to find out if it could be worse.

• Love 2
(edited)

The only stuff I like right now is the Jessica/Andy/Adaline stuff. Oh, and New James flirting with LaLa.

This is probably just my overactive imagination and wishful thinking talking but could the point of them changing direction with James by putting him in Lafayette's orbit pave the way so they could go with Jessica and Adaline forming some of bond that would likely make Andy downright furious? IDK. I'm still not over Jessica grabbing Adaline like she was swaddling a baby. 

Edited by Turkish

All I could think about while watching tonight was how everyone seems to have forgotten that all of this was caused by Bill.  I'm smelling revisionist writing and it smells pretty bad.

I don't really think Tara is dead because I thought I saw her in some different scenes in the pre season trailers.  If she is, that's pretty inconsistent writing since Pam would have felt it immediately.

My favorite relationship is Eric and Pam.  I would definitely watch a spinoff of their escapades but that would never happen because the show runners seem to just love Bill and Sookie, who I've never liked from the beginning.

I don't know.......I just expected more from the premiere of the final season.

Oh, and I hate Violet.

• Love 1

I hope Tara is somehow involved more, she really didn't deserve an offscreen death.

Isn't "offscreen" TV code for "didn't happen"? (at least with a show this bloody)

Previously on True Blood: A bunch of stupid shit happened.

Bwaaaahhhhh!

That was boring. It dragged a lot throughout. It was a lot of talking and not much character or plot development. The ending with Sookie in the church was tedious as well. I remember when this show at least made me wonder what would happen next when it ended.

I haven't watched in several seasons and only contemplated watching now because it's the last one.  But yeah.  One of the best things used to be that the last scene was always a nail biter/pants soiler.

Was that only an hour episode?  It seemed like it went on for half a day, at least.  No Eric, not much Bill, Pam's Moroccan Excursion seemed shoe-horned in, Tara getting staked off-screen...a mess.  Sookie continues to drag down every scene she's in.  I did like Jessica and Andy's surviving daughter, though.

But I've watched it this far, I suppose I'm in until the bitter end.

• Love 1

Well, that was unpleasant. I really hope they have something planned for this season other than watching everyone bleed out, because, you know, it's been 6 years. We've seen it.

The alleged Southern accents were the worst they have ever been in this episode. I mean, they're clearly not even trying anymore.

WTF was that stuff with Jason? I couldn't even bring myself to look at the guy naked, that's how bad it was. Ryan Kwanten is talented and hot, why are they incapable of giving him something to do that I actually want to see?

The rest was a total snore -- except for Jessica and Andy Bauer's daughter, who had some cute moments. Thank the deity for Deborah Ann Woll, because she manages to make lemonade out of a lot of the lemons they write for her. But even she can't work miracles.

• Love 2

Jessica/Adaline is so very fucked up, since she did kill her sisters, and just about killed her, but the actresses are selling it. 

Violet is awesome. I was very amused all the way through her reading the vigilante squad the riot act. 

• Love 2

That was meh in my opinion. I don't believe Tara is dead, I think she caught in some limbo & her mother really was hearing her. As for the "hot" Jason & Violet sex, anybody else notice that Violet had her black thong on the entire time? I can understand if the actress didn't want to flash the world, but black underwear made it pretty obvious. I'm glad this season is it, they're not going to split it, are they? I don't want to have to wait until 2015 to see the end.

(edited)

If Tara is really dead, then this was the worst death they could give to her. She's been such a major player and to kill her off in the first five minutes of the premiere and then not even on screen, particularly when they devoted an entire episode to a character as boring as Terry.... no, I expect to see her again, even if it's only a short flashback in which it turns out that her mother killed her. But since Pam didn't "feel" her death, I assume she is still alive. Maybe she was also taken by the infected vamps?

It was such a final "Fuck You" to the legacy of that character that I am almost positive it will stick because the writers never had much use for Tara other than torturing her anyway. I'm more pissed that the characters who should give it a shit about her death the most didn't really give a shit than I am about the actual death itself at this point. Sookie, your childhood best friend Tara took a bullet for you and then forgave you for resurrecting her into the one thing she absolutely abhorred when she was alive. At least shed a damn tear. 

Second favorite scene: Jason having sex with Violet. I don't care for Violet and the storyline was boring as fuck, but this is the FINAL season, they better give us as much naked Jason Stackhouse as they can. He looks so good naked. I want to look this good. His ass - a beauty. I should better stop talking about it, otherwise the mods would have to censor this post.

I actually don't mind Violet as a character. And I don't mind naked Jason. But this is yet another useless storyline for Jason. He is another character I don't think the writers ever knew quite what to do with. 

And did I hear right? Bon Temp only has five police officers on duty? No wonder they are overrun with vampires. 

Edited by Turkish

... When last we saw Tara alive, she was beating the ever loving shit out of that H-Vamp. Then we see her mother covered in vamp goo. 

At first I figured "Eh, not dead." but....

I just figured out why this death was off-screen. Her mother staked her. In the back. 2 seconds after Tara saved her life. Like the poisonous biatch she has been for the entire run of the show.

• Love 7

All I could think about while watching tonight was how everyone seems to have forgotten that all of this was caused by Bill.  I'm smelling revisionist writing and it smells pretty bad.

Yep. I smell it too. First Bill got to be Vampire Jesus last year, and now he's going to be poor, long suffering Bill nobody likes or trust, isn't that soooooo sad. Until Sookie decides to do another stupid thing and get back together with him. 

One thing I will give the show... After Sookie stomped off in a huff from Merlottes or Bellefleurs or whatever they're calling it, on her own, after a massacre, when any human is at high risk and one with delicious fair blood should be really careful, I was a bit surprised they didn't have a Hep-V vamp attack her, requiring Bill to save her. Maybe next week?

• Love 1

... When last we saw Tara alive, she was beating the ever loving shit out of that H-Vamp. Then we see her mother covered in vamp goo. 

At first I figured "Eh, not dead." but....

I just figured out why this death was off-screen. Her mother staked her. In the back. 2 seconds after Tara saved her life. Like the poisonous biatch she has been for the entire run of the show.

You know, she probably did. I can believe that. I'm sure in Lettie Mae's warped mind she would see it as saving Tara. We will probably get more information on that later. 

• Love 1

Yep. I smell it too. First Bill got to be Vampire Jesus last year, and now he's going to be poor, long suffering Bill nobody likes or trust, isn't that soooooo sad. Until Sookie decides to do another stupid thing and get back together with him. 

One thing I will give the show... After Sookie stomped off in a huff from Merlottes or Bellefleurs or whatever they're calling it, on her own, after a massacre, when any human is at high risk and one with delicious fair blood should be really careful, I was a bit surprised they didn't have a Hep-V vamp attack her, requiring Bill to save her. Maybe next week?

Ugh. Bill gets off scott free as Vampire Jesus and it's annoying as heck. I don't love Alcide as  some people do, but I think he deserves better than Sookie. She's just too stupid and selfish to live. I don't understand how non of the vamps could smell her. I know she doesn't have as much Fairy blood as Adaline, but come on. Speaking of which, fairies are an endangered species now so I'm wondering if Sookie has interacted or helped Adaline. I would guess she has some fairy lantern power like Sookie use to.

I could be totally wrong, but from what I've read, I got the impression the actor didn't like the turn his character was taking involving a love triangle.

"Grimes asked to be released from his True Blood contract due to the creative direction of his brooding, soulful, vampire character. But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James.”

The actor had a problem with character development on this show?! WTF?! He must not have seen it. Ever.

New James played Ethan ( Luke and Holly's son) on GH. Had great chemistry with Lafayette, and I know a vamp's sexuality is supposed to be fluid, but I liked the relationship with Jessica. Don't break them up show! 

I figure they are going to break them up, and then pair her with Adilyn. Which should bother me a tonne, given what Jessica did to her and her sisters, but Bailey and Deborah are bringing it, so.. OTP: Sapphic Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't mind this episode... It does seem like not much happened... But the premieres are always sort of that way.

The audience has to catch up with everyone and then they've got to start us in the new direction for the season.

I hate that Tara is dead... But I do think she is actually dead. I know some find Tara annoying, but I've always liked her a lot and she's suffered so much. Also, RIP deputy Kevin... You survived a werepanther attack...

Alcide and Sookie won't last much longer, nobody gets to stay happy for long.

I do think the new James is great... I found the old James stiff and frankly boring... And the story is that he didn't like that he wouldn't be working with Deborah as much, since she's the reason he took the role.. But I fear it's because he was going to be having a relationship with Lafayette, which is lame if that was his deciding factor. He has also been cast in a role in the 50shades movie... So that was probably part of it.

I will agree with many that the Jessica/ Adylin stuff was really interesting and also heartbreaking. DAW did a great job of showing her guilt. The moments I with Andy and Bill were really good, too.

The Pam stuff was just okay for me... Though I loved the touch of them standing in buckets during the Russian roulette.

I think this season is going to go some interesting places.

Edited by Jjrmt

I never really gave two shits about Tara so I don't care whether or not she's dead. Nobody on the show seem to either except Willa and I don't care about her either. Lala said it best, he mourned her the first time she died. I also thought Pam released her so that would explain Pam not feeling her die, or just not caring all that much if she did feel it.

I thought Hep-V was fatal? Why are all these infected Vamps still around?

Why is all this Sookie's fault? Because she was born part-fairy and has a fascination with Vamps? When Alcide was thinking "How can she love the dead?" I thought it was a valid question not an accusation. Walking home alone and dumping her phone because she was butt-hurt was beyond stupid.

The town of Bon Temps has a collective IQ of about 75.  I'm losing interest in watching the stupid.

• Love 1
(edited)

All I could think about while watching tonight was how everyone seems to have forgotten that all of this was caused by Bill. I'm smelling revisionist writing and it smells pretty bad.

Oh, and I hate Violet.

I hate Violet with you... I hope she dies eventually, since I don't think Jason will be able to be freed from him in any other way.

But I disagree on saying this is all Bill's fault... How is the hep V crisis all Bill's fault?

He didn't invent hep V or put it in the true blood supply... Which was shipped out before he and Eric destroyed vamp camp. The governors death wouldn't have made a difference, the hep V would have been pushed out probably even harder if Bill hadn't killed him. The authority wouldn't have stopped it, not when they were destroying themselves with or without Bill. I have a hunch if Salome had drank the blood things would have been much worse. This epidemic was coming no matter what... And nobody in BT brought the vampires to town which is why the town blaming Sookie is stupid. Hep V is everywhere, it's hitting the major cities the little towns... Even other countries.

The mixer idea outside was stupid idea, but I'm sure Bill didn't insist they do it outside vs finding someplace indoors. Sam came up with this idea, too and Arlene was on board. Somebody should have thought about that, but nobody did, since PLOT. It had to be after dark for the vamps... And the vampires were trying to save as many as they could. We'll see next week what happens to a town with no plan.

Bill didn't destroy the TB factories by himself... And we saw last season that the governor had been planning this for a long long time... The TB factories had only been gone a matter if days before he has the factory up and running.

Edited by Jjrmt

It was such a final "Fuck You" to the legacy of that character that I am almost positive it will stick because the writers never had much use for Tara other than torturing her anyway. I'm more pissed that the characters who should give it a shit about her death the most didn't really give a shit than I am about the actual death itself at this point. Sookie, your childhood best friend Tara took a bullet for you and then forgave you for resurrecting her into the one thing she absolutely abhorred when she was alive. At least shed a damn tear. 

Before TVD's Bonnie Bennett, there was Tara Mae Thorton.

• Love 2

So supposedly both Eric and Tara have met the true death and Pam is unaware in both cases. That's bullshit. I have no doubt that Eric is still alive but still I hate seeing what the show chose to do with his "family."

Jessica along with Lafayette is one of the few characters who still manages to make me feel anything so I like the idea of them being involved in a story even if it is some lame triangle. Jessica protecting Adalind was some seriously hardcore Joss Whedon chick-kickassery. I hope DAW finds a gig where she can go full on superhero because she's good at that.

Lafayette is the one character on this show whose behavior makes the most sense to me. Just survived a vampire slaughter? Excuse me while fire up and get myself a drink. James, I hope you don't mind your dinner with a side of Hindu Kush and Jack Daniels.

All these throwaway characters from last season and they decide to kill Tara but keep Sam's pregnant girlfriend?

I'm just going to say it: I can barely tell Willa, Violet and Adalind apart. Somebody in casting really likes super skinny brunettes.

Rutina confirmed in an interview on tvguide.com, Tara met the true death.

Off camera, w/o any type of farewell or fanfare.

That's a crappy way to treat a character who has been there from the beginning. 

R.I.P.

• Love 4

I think I ship Jessica with everyone. I got weirdly turned on by the way she held her in her arms. There will always be a special place in my heart for Deborah Ann Woll no matter what happens to Jessica in the end. I think it's the red hair. Whether natural or dye-job, red hair always does it for me. 

I thought that was hot. The way Jessica took fairy girl into her arms (I really need to learn her name if i'm going to ship them) it seemed sexual to me. In comparison to Jason finally fucking possessive vampire lady, which did nothing for me and I didn't find sexy at all. The way Jessica looked at that girl with hunger and perhaps even desire of a sexual nature in her eyes was far more sensual to me. I don't know if it's an acting choice of Miss Woll's or the direction she was given, but either way I'm sold on this as a pairing if the writers have taken that route. I kind of doubt it though and suspect I'll end up disappointed. Perhaps, there might be a sexual dream or two since Andy's daughter had a sip or two of Jessica's blood. 

• Love 2

True Blood's seasons are usually shot in advance of their airing. I'm pretty sure they have wrapped filming already. Especially since it's so short compared to previous ones. 

Of course.  I understand that.  Many series do it that way.  I didn't think that True Blood was still filming now.

What I'm wondering is if True Blood has been known to shoot one single scene or any scenes more than a full year in advance, not just a few months ago.  Some shows, like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, have shot their seasons way, way in advance and some of the scenes or episodes didn't air until almost a full year later. 

Again, the snippet of the Pam-Sookie scene that I saw flash by last night (in the montage of what's coming up this season) looked just like the Pam-Sookie snippet I saw flash by during a couple of last season's previews (the season that began in 2013), for which I was waiting...but I don't think it ever appeared in one of last season's episodes. 

So I am thinking that maybe that particular Pam-Sookie scene (and, perhaps others as well) was shot with the intention of possibly using it in last year's season, and was then held back for this year's season.

How the fuck is Sookie still alive?!?!?!?!?​

Fairy! Magic! 

It is still fatal, it just seems to be taking longer to kill them.  Maybe feeding helps them stay alive a little longer?  Maybe the virus loses a little potency over time?  

I have never liked Bill.  He is just such a tool.  And his whole relationship with Sookie gets on my nerves - really really do not want to see them get back together.  I would like to see a lot more naked Eric, however.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Hep-V in its current iteration kills slowly.  But surely.  That's why Mr. Drool facing Jessica outside the Bellefleur home said that he wanted to "taste that little girl" before he died.  He knew that he was dying from Hep-V.  

Eric's tiresome sister took a while to die from Hep-V, as well.  

Edited by RimaTheBirdGirl
(edited)

I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, who else thought it was weird that the whole country is apparently ok with the fact that Bill tore the head off of a governor? Like, the justification was that the man was an asshole, so that makes it ok. Just.......what?

Anyway, there was soooooo much stuff I blocked out from the last season that I spent almost all of the "previously on" segment getting annoyed. You guys? I literally forgot about Warlow and I got reaquainted with my massive hatred for that bullshit about Sookie's parents trying to kill her when she was a child. Haaaaaaaate. I also forgot about Sam's stupid girlfriend and her pregnancy. Like, I am actively hoping a pregnant character dies. I feel like I should feel bad about that and yet . . . . I do not.

Rutina confirmed in an interview on tvguide.com, Tara met the true death.

Off camera, w/o any type of farewell or fanfare.

That's a crappy way to treat a character who has been there from the beginning. 

R.I.P.

Ok, I really hope she's lying because she's somehow obligated to not spoil stuff, but that is fucking bullshit if true. Damn. Fuck, she's gonna be a ghost or something, isn't she?

Eric's tiresome sister took a while to die from Hep-V, as well.  

Heh. I know Nora didn't have a lot of fans, but I really liked her and was bummed when she died. She was actually, y'know, trying to find shit out instead of running around doing mind-bendingly stupid stuff. To this day I still cannot fathom why Eric thought turning Willa would make her father sympathize with the vamps. So dumb. Of course this show had Nora doing her digging off-screen, but still. Why show a character actively trying to find out what fuck is going on when we could witness Jesus Bill, half-assed vampire torture camp and the 2nd grade level arts-n-crafts Fae limbo set and a preschool level arts-n-crafts set for the Warlow/Lilith history reveal. Ugh.

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 3

I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, who else thought it was weird that the whole country is apparently ok with the fact that Bill tore the head off of a governor? Like, the justification was that the man was an asshole, so that makes it ok. Just.......what?

Anyway, there was soooooo much stuff I blocked out from the last season that I spent almost all of the "previously on" segment getting annoyed. You guys? I literally forgot about Warlow and I got reaquainted with my massive hatred for that bullshit about Sookie's parents trying to kill her when she was a child. Haaaaaaaate. I also forgot about Sam's stupid girlfriend and her pregnancy. Like, I am actively hoping a pregnant character dies. I feel like I should feel bad about that and yet . . . . I do.

They tried to address that in the finale during Bill's interview about his book... Not so much that he deserved it just because he was an asshole, but because he was the one who commissioned the creation of hep V and introduced it into the population.

That's the tricky thing about a tv show like this... There are plenty of characters that I'm fine with being dead, since they are fictional... And that I don't so much hold a grudge against the person(s) who killed them in many cases. But all of the vampires are murderers, so to root for any of them there has to be some bending of real life morals...

I wish Warlow could be forgotten across the board... I hated that storyline so much...

Anyway, there was soooooo much stuff I blocked out from the last season that I spent almost all of the "previously on" segment getting annoyed. You guys? I literally forgot about Warlow and I got reaquainted with my massive hatred for that bullshit about Sookie's parents trying to kill her when she was a child. Haaaaaaaate. I also forgot about Sam's stupid girlfriend and her pregnancy. Like, I am actively hoping a pregnant character dies. I feel like I should feel bad about that and yet . . . . I do not.

I forgot about her too. There are only 6 episodes left and so many newer characters that could have been purged are still around(Willa, Violet, James, etc) while they kill a long-standing character off screen. That's True Blood logic for you. None of Sam's girlfriend's have ever been useful other than to give Sam something do away from everyone else's plotlines. Why are we wasting time with this? 

• Love 1

Judging from how they suddenly stopped attacking, there's a big bad we haven't seen yet.

Yeah did none of the townspeople even notice that whistle? I kept waiting for someone to ask about it.

I must have forgotten a lot about last season because I thought the shifters were revealed also so Vince accusing Sam of being a dog confused the hell out of me.

• Love 1

Yeah did none of the townspeople even notice that whistle? I kept waiting for someone to ask about it.

I must have forgotten a lot about last season because I thought the shifters were revealed also so Vince accusing Sam of being a dog confused the hell out of me.

Luna shifted on TV... But nobody knew what to make of it... So shifters haven't been outed. I'm assuming they blamed camera tricks for Luna's live tv shifting... And continue to deny the existence of anything beyond vampires.

(edited)

Remember that anti-vampire security system that Suckeh used to have on her porch? Why the fuck wouldn't Andy of all people have something like that installed?

The all-night siege was just... lame. An unarmed opponent who is magically unable to enter the building simply should not be that much drama. Hell, couldn't Fairygirl just open the door a little bit and fry him with light-balls? 

Unpopular opinion: I actually kind of liked how stupid the sex scene was between Jason and Violet. I assumed that it was meant to be a humorous take on whatever ridiculous standards we'd been expecting to be in play. Even if the humor was accidental, it was still a rare funny moment in a sea of gloom and cliches. I'll take it.

Edited by CletusMusashi

Unpopular opinion: I actually kind of liked how stupid the sex scene was between Jason and Violet. I assumed that it was meant to be a humorous take on whatever ridiculous standards we'd been expecting to be in play. Even if the humor was accidental, it was still a rare funny moment in a sea of gloom and cliches. I'll take it.

I could not stop laughing at how Jason's shirt just magically disappeared in that scene.  I got the biggest chuckle out of that.  So, I appreciated the humor of it as well.

• Love 2

That was my guess, too. I was watching at my mom's house and the second they went around the car and Tara's mom started wailing she was dead, my mom asked, "How did that girl die? She was winning!" I didn't even bother to look up as I replied, "Tara's mom killed her. She's crazy and it was the perfect opportunity to do it without getting blamed."

I could not stop laughing at how Jason's shirt just magically disappeared in that scene.  I got the biggest chuckle out of that.  So, I appreciated the humor of it as well.

You hear it rip, it was supposed to be Violet using Vamp speed to get Jason naked.