Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E04: I Took Out a Polar Bear

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, displayname said:

All I got from Corinne and Eliza is that they were two people who came in trying to win, and were extremely disappointed in themselves. It gave Eliza's breakdowns an aura of reality, to be quite honest.

I am not sure why this place is criticizing them for being "bitches", I presume because they said they don't like Rachel and Elissa in an entirely straightforward manner. Especially Corinne, who said a lot less about them than Eliza this episode. Everyone who gathers here says x, y, and z are horrible on a weekly basis and we don't even know what happens behind the scenes. 🙄

I dislike Rachel, but I thought Corinne & Eliza were pretty awful towards her.

43 minutes ago, displayname said:

Let's not pretend as if Corinne isn't essentially a reflection of the average RTV viewer when she's talking about RTV and the average RTV contestant.

I don't think she is anything like the average reality tv viewer.  I knew nothing about her or Eliza coming into this season, and they definitely struck me as unpleasant from the get-go.  And they were pretty vile in this episode.  So much so that I was actually hoping the eternally annoying Rachael would get to the mat before them.

• Love 13

I remember Corinne saying on Survivor, "It's easy to be nice. Anyone can be nice." She actually is the proof that not everyone can. And whatever the opposite is of "a classy exit", that was it.

Loved the round boats! And them all sailing by the Reilly's was pure gold!

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Memories of Zach literally carrying Flo and one of those round boats - bad times.

As I recall, Zach ended up getting a LOCAL to row them down that river or whatever, to get them from point A to B. It caused some complaining by folks on the message boards, because they didn't row themselves.

Now that my least favorites are gone, I'm fine with everyone else. Including Rachel. I find her 'endearingly annoying, but not nasty'. That phrase probably doesn't mean anything to anyone else but me.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I think that had to do with the cab issue at the beginning.  Rachel had apparently already spoken to a driver and hired him.  Corrine & Eliza tried to take that cab, and Rachel wouldn't let them.  Apparently Corrine & Eliza decided that meant Rachel had stolen their cab.

Omg, that cat was the bomb!

That cab thing was so weird. It didn't look like Corrine and Eliza were trying to steal the cab, and Rachel and Elissa didn't accuse them of it; they just said, "no that's our cab," and C&E immediately walked away, but Corrine was already bitching about how if the situation were reversed, Rachel and Elissa would steal their cab, and then she repeated it in her next confessional. Meanwhile Eliza is jabbering about how she hates the sisters and how they're always ahead of them. So even though it didn't look like it, I think C&E were trying to steal the cab and were somehow blaming the sisters for not letting them. Yeah, that's real sane.

Corrine, after being eliminated: Take a good look because this is the last you'll see of me.
The world: Do you promise?

I missed the cat! I'll have to rewatch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, displayname said:

Really? What they said during the exit interview was that they gave their best, and it still wasn't good enough, and that they were disappointed in themselves. When they left the pit start, what they said was that they couldn't find a single thing THEY had done right in the previous leg. Can you point out where they blamed anyone but themselves for their own failures in the race in this episode? Maybe I missed that. They said they disliked R/E, and hated interacting with them at the pit stop.

And why should I have to watch Survivor or look at her Twitter account to ask what she'd done wrong in this SPECIFIC episode to get her the "bitch" tag? She supported Eliza during the RB. They powered through the detour. Their only complaints this episode were against their own work during the race, or against Rachel and Eliza. Does the "bitch" tag belong to everyone on here who complains on the regular about Rachel Reilly? Or do people pride themselves in throwing around that word now, just as much as Corinne likes it associated with herself?

Let's not pretend as if Corinne isn't essentially a reflection of the average RTV viewer when she's talking about RTV and the average RTV contestant. At least she's putting her face out there exactly as she might behind a screen name.

I don't believe I specified they thought they were superior on this particular episode, but they have said more than once that anyone on Survivor endured more and should be able to handle the race.  I think a lot of us felt she was a bitch when she talked about "dumb cab" drivers in front of their cab driver, said Eliza didn't grow up in a trailer park riding mopeds, and disparaged another cab driver for asking directions of an elderly man.  Plus she tried to steal their cab and then got mad because they objected and couldn't see their point of view--just their own--absolutely no insight.  you're right, perhaps in this episode they didn't express there belief in their innate superior skills but they did at the start and this was just another stinging rebuke of that.  btw, here's a quote from an exit interview from Corrine (it's not just us calling her a bitch): " I also think there’s a villain and there’s a bitch. Eliza is actually much more of a villain. She’s the one that comes up with yelling loudly during karaoke to mess Victor [Arroyo] up. She’s the one that wanted to stay in front of the tuk tuk. I’m more of a bitch. I’m the one that you see in a lot of the deleted scenes calling the Afghanimals unattractive. I go through life and I don’t have a filter. To me, the two of us combined with those aspects makes for very interesting TV. I can’t speak for the viewers — and the “Amazing Race” fans are kind of weird "

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Eh, I don't care about the mat drama. 

I thought this was a good episode.  The tasks were difficult enough to shake up the order a bit and I enjoyed the locals on their boats splashing the contestants.   If it were me, I would still be at the scooter challenge.  Good showing for Chris and Bret to go from last to 3rd.

Colin and Christie have been steadily improving their standing.  I did LOL at them leaving the basket behind and we see the fish swimming around in their boat, hee.   Colin is a beast physically and I rather enjoy Zen Colin, though Christie's face still scares me a bit, as does Elissa's.

This is an interesting season for me because though I lean towards the TAR contestants, I'm not really rooting for anyone so I can watch and and not worry about a favorite.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, chaifan said:

That was a very satisfying episode.  I will admit, I thought I didn't care who got eliminated when it got down to the last 2 teams.  But then my power went out just as both had left the last challenge, and I was all noooo!!!!  I won't get to see Rachel get eliminated!   And then my power went back on just as Rachel & Elissa made it to the mat.  But still, not sorry at all to see Corrinne & Eliza go either.  Wow.  Bitter much?

But great challenges, a pretty decent speed bump (not too difficult, but not a cake walk, either), a nice mix up in order, some suspense mid-episode that a team I like (Afghanimals or Team Fun) could get eliminated, taxi chaos...  If only the polar bears were real and one of them ate Rachel, that would be the cherry on top.

And, I need to be catty for a moment.  The excessive make up on almost all the women (Becca and, for the most part, Christie & Nicole, being the exceptions) is a) distracting, and b) disheartening.  You're on a race around the world for $1,000,000.  I get that you want to look decent on camera, but it all looks plastered on at the beginning of each episode.  I think they all look better mid-episode when the makeup has melted off.  Somehow Eliza managed to plaster it all back on before hitting the mat.  The fake eyelashes are out of control, and just drive it home that this is not my TAR, and that the alien BB and Survivor teams are truly aliens.  Seriously, ladies, you're better than that.

My power went out too!!!  At the same time! I was like, "c'mon! During Amazing Race AND The Challenge!" 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, InDueTime said:

A nice locale and interesting challenges made it good episode.

However, three legs without leaving the same city? Have they made some severe budget cuts, so they don't have to buy plane tickets anymore? 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

However, three legs without leaving the same city? Have they made some severe budget cuts, so they don't have to buy plane tickets anymore? 

You’re confusing Laos and Vietnam.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Haleth said:

Anyone else having Flo flashbacks with the round basket boats?

Oh yes. I experience schadenfreude to this day when I think of Flo spinning around in that boat. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

Me too!  When he and Christie had a hard time getting a cab, I thought uh-oh watch out!  But aside from using the good old 'its an emergency' in getting a cab, they were fine.  Then the basket happened, but they handled that really well, and got first.  I am rooting for them, but I confess, I have been rooting for them ever since I knew they would be in this season.

Yeah I heard that and laughed like anything as Colin stole Charla & Mirna's trademark line.  I said right out loud.  "No Colin.  That would be an "emergencio."

3 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Only 2 legs in Vietnam.  Not three.  Two legs back they were in Laos.

But back in earlier seasons that second Vietnam leg WOULD have left the city for a rural area and not one only a couple of miles away either.  There would be trains or buses or even several hour long rides in a tuk-tuk at least.  But no more.  They don't travel too far from the arrival/departure airport any more and how sad that is.

Edited by green
  • Love 10
On 5/8/2019 at 10:26 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I may be alone in this but I kind of like Rachel. Yes she is high maintenance and whiney but I don't think she is mean. Corinne especially but Eliza too now are just plain nasty.  I'm glad to see the end of them. Please let it be forever!!! That poor little girl on the mat had to witness that atrociously bad behavior. Shame on those two but I think that is something they don't have the capacity to feel.

Not alone.  I like Rachel and Elissa.   They're OTT and comical, Rachel with the histrionics, Elissa with the eyelashes, but they're relatively benign.   Rachel makes me laugh when she blurts out silly observations like "Look, a little girl!" as she's running to the mat.   FWIW, I find them more genuine than constant camera-whores Tyler Oakley and the Afghanimals.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, apaigetoomany said:

I think it's one sided. Rachel may be annoying , but she's not mean and hateful. 

She’s petty and spiteful enough to u-turn a team for “abandoning them” aka having the audacity to walk ten feet away to look for the location of the challenge. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

But I wasn't surprised. It was the old Oprah expression come to life. "When someone tells you who they are, believe them". 

8 hours ago, Special K said:

A very fine quote, and worth remembering, but Oprah was quoting Maya Angelou.

8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Thanks, I didn't remember that! It's something I've kept in mind and found useful and true for many years. 

Also, it's when someone shows you who they are...

I'm sure Corrine and Eliza would tell you they were great.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, raven said:

Colin is a beast physically a

It was especially noticeable in the fish challenge when he lifted the boat easily over the bridge and then all the other racers even Victor had issues with how heavy it was. 

• Love 10
On 5/8/2019 at 9:15 PM, spanana said:

Not a good showing for Survivor teams on this season, huh.  I did not understand why Corinne and Eliza thought the had to stand in those paddle boats things.  Like I get they saw the other guys standing, but even a person with no boat experience should know it's better to keep your center of gravity as low as possible.  Unless the instructions specifically said to stand, it made no sense.

They were so far behind that they didn't have the benefit of seeing any other teams completing that Detour, so the only thing they had to go on were the obstacle people.

And to be fair on two counts:

1. Many Race tasks do have locals showing how the Racers should do the task.  Think back only a couple legs to the food prep Detour in Laos.  (Yes, I know Corrine and Eliza didn't do that one, but the example applies.)
  2. Technically, they were right.  Those basket boats are supposed to be rowed from a standing position.  Then again, they're only supposed to have a single occupant most of the time, so two people standing would be more cumbersome.
11 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

The roadblock took me back to watching Jeremy/Richard/James all taking that test.

My first thought on seeing a preview clip of that Roadblock was "Jeremy Clarkson; Fail."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have to believe if there was an actual head-to-head challenge they would have shown it. They don't set up stuff like that and then not show it. They spent quite a bit of time on Corinne and Eliza's sour grapes, they know great TV when they see it. If there was more they would have found a way to work it in. They could have ditched the entire sledding sequence, for example. That was a stupid waste of time.

We also know from past experience the show isn't inclined to give Rachel any kind of favorable edit so I'm guessing Corinne and Eliza were even nastier than we were shown and it was edited out as a favor to them.

There was an actual head to head challenge, such as the ones seen in season 30. My guess is that since it didn't affect the order of pitstop arrival too much (other than some teams in the middle like the Afghanimals), they decided to just not air it and save the airtime for other things. It was a pretty full hour as is.

• Love 2

This show has set up tasks and not shown them before throughout its history. Mostly for time and if it's not crucial to the outcome. In the finale of Season 5, Colin's original season, there was a teepee setup task that we saw bystander pictures of that wasn't aired. In Season 2 I think there was some sort of task at a fountain that they edited to look like just a checkpoint. I'm sure there are more examples in later seasons.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

There was an actual head to head challenge, such as the ones seen in season 30. My guess is that since it didn't affect the order of pitstop arrival too much (other than some teams in the middle like the Afghanimals), they decided to just not air it and save the airtime for other things. It was a pretty full hour as is.

I was definitely puzzled by the Afghanimals being as frustrated as they were at their mat arrival, because it had shown them doing pretty well with a persnickety detour, then a quick shot of them seemingly lost, and then them saying something about what a bad day it was to Phil.  Normally when someone is so lost that they drop several places, we see more of that.  So this to me lends credence to the cut head to head.  But I wish I knew what it was!  Which racers/entities are posting about it on Twitter?  I couldn't find anything but I'm not great at navigating Twitter.

• Love 2

It does seem like there was some editing at the end.  If I'm not mistaken, when you see, from a distance, Colin and Christie step onto the mat, Christie's hair is up in a bun.  During her run to the mat and in her mat interviews, her hair is down. 

• Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 2:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Snip

I never watched Survivor so all I know of Corinne and Eliza is what we've seen on this show, which was not great. I wasn't a fan, but I never liked those girls as much as I did when they were on the mat and one of them rolled her eyes and then said in her talking head how shitty it was to have to listen to Rachel go on and on about how she respected them as women. Rachel is so fucking fake. Like I said last week, whenever she isn't actively being a bitch to the other teams, she puts on this saccharine sweet voice that sounds like a sorority girl saying, "Omigawd, you guys, we are SO SORRY that we have to haze you!" and then proceeding to haze the shit out of people while cackling with glee.

I also loved when Rachel told Phil that she and her sister are so blessed and the other Survivor girl said, "We are not hashtag blessed." HAHAHAHAHAHA! The whole blessed thing is a pet peeve of mine, as if whoever doesn't get eliminated (or had a nice dinner with their husband or whatever other thing they're attributing to being #blessed) only got it because God himself was personally shining down beams of golden light on their stupid asses and telling everyone else to go fuck themselves. Rachel and her sister aren't still on the race because they're blessed. They're still here because they are fortunate that one other time did even worse than they did on this leg.

I also never watched Rachel on BB but could not stand her in any of the TAR appearances. Your description of her is spot on. She comes across as one of the most self absorbed people I've seen on TV, and that is saying something.

And I'm right there with you on the "I'm blessed" thing. 

And I don't find her a good competitor either. Brandon got her through all legs fo the race 2 other times. She and her sister should be doing so much better just based on experience than they are. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Also, it's when someone shows you who they are...

I'm sure Corrine and Eliza would tell you they were great.

Good point. Still, I've heard both of them say things like "I tell it like it is. It's not my problem if you don't like it". They seem proud of how cutting and snarky they are, which is fine, but people need to take them at their word and give them a wide berth. (I suspect lots of people already do.) I'd be curious to know what the general consensus is on them, from teams this season. I'm sure we'll find out online somewhere. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

I also loved when Rachel told Phil that she and her sister are so blessed and the other Survivor girl said, "We are not hashtag blessed." HAHAHAHAHAHA! The whole blessed thing is a pet peeve of mine, as if whoever doesn't get eliminated (or had a nice dinner with their husband or whatever other thing they're attributing to being #blessed) only got it because God himself was personally shining down beams of golden light on their stupid asses and telling everyone else to go fuck themselves. Rachel and her sister aren't still on the race because

Funny, my take when Rachel said this, was just that they were blessed to be doing the race together. I think if they had been eliminated she would have said " we are so blessed" that as sisters they were able to experience the race together. 

I can see where it was interpreted as they were being shined down upon from the heavens for not being eliminated but I never took it that way.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

I also never watched Rachel on BB but could not stand her in any of the TAR appearances. Your description of her is spot on. She comes across as one of the most self absorbed people I've seen on TV, and that is saying something.

And I'm right there with you on the "I'm blessed" thing. 

And I don't find her a good competitor either. Brandon got her through all legs fo the race 2 other times. She and her sister should be doing so much better just based on experience than they are. 

After the sisters bragged about how they could put anything together because they're moms, I laughed so hard every time they called the judge over to check their water mill and he told them it STILL wasn't right. Their attention to detail and their ability to copy something by looking at it was...not great. I do love that every time one of them says they're good at something, they suck at the doing the challenge.

• "We're great at dancing because we were both professional cheerleaders" = failing at a dance challenge approximately 11 billion times
  • "I have great balance" = doing the motorbike course multiple times
  • "We can put together anything" = arriving at the challenge site in second place but doing so poorly that we escape elimination by arriving at the mat less than a minute before the last team
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sphoebus31 said:

It does seem like there was some editing at the end.  If I'm not mistaken, when you see, from a distance, Colin and Christie step onto the mat, Christie's hair is up in a bun.  During her run to the mat and in her mat interviews, her hair is down.

I noticed that too. There was a quick shot of Colin and Christie running up to the mat and Christie's hair was up, but immediately after when they were ON the mat with Phil, it was down.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I'd be curious to know what the general consensus is on them, from teams this season. I'm sure we'll find out online somewhere. 

In Janelle and Britney's thread, there's a very good interview about just this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, TheRabbi said:

Good riddance to those two. I think there will be much less drama now.

According to Twitter, there was a head to head at the pitstop that was edited out. That could explain the order of the middle teams all getting shuffled (the editing around there was pretty spotty too). So I guess Corrine and Eliza had one more chance against Rachel/Elissa and didn't get it.

I actually wanted the Riley sisters out over Corrine and Eliza but I wanted those two out after them, so it doesn't matter if the Riley sisters go this week or next week, as long as it is soon. Those two are so phony and annoy me.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, Browncoat said:

So close!  Not that I mind losing the team that was eliminated, but we were so very close to being rid of Rachael. 

I liked this ep a lot -- lots of position changes, and challenging tasks.  It even seemed like the polar bear was strict about the snowballs for the speed bump.  I didn't even mind the taxi drama too much.

And the round boats!  I love the round boats!

The boat thing looked like fun. I don't get why anyone would pick the other task over that. The tasks were slightly more challenging but still not as much as others in the past. I bet they will have a leg where they go to Africa or India with challenging tasks though.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, PaperTree said:

Cat fight at the mat!

Good riddance, may the Reilly sisters be next.

Corrine and Eliza were over the top overreacting about the Riley sisters. 

• Love 3
On 5/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, InDueTime said:

Wow. That's the most bittercakes Elimination I've seen on this show. If Corrine and Eliza had just sat their asses in the boat instead of trying to stand and balance in it, they'd probably still be in it. 

I'm not sure what Colin and Christie were thinking about at the Detour, either. Take the live fish, but not the fish container? However, it didn't matter, since they still got to the Pit Stop first.

I won't judge any of the teams for struggling with the motorbike Roadblock.  I know I wouldn't do much better.

Good comeback from Chris and Bret. 

Becca and Floyd were the only team with the idea to actually call a taxi.

Either of the last two teams leaving wouldn't have made me sad.

A nice locale and interesting challenges made it good episode.

That Corinne and Eliza aren't that bright. I was trying to figure out why they were standing up in the boat. And both those girls have bad attitudes, so I wasn't sad to see them go.

I thought that Christie's mistake was going to hurt them a lot more, but she fixed it pretty quickly. I thought this was a leg of a lot of mistakes by the contestants. 

I'm glad Chris and Bret had a nice comeback.

I was surprised more teams didn't follow suit like Becca and Floyd and call a taxi.

• Love 2
(edited)

I listened to Corrine & Eliza on Nicole/Victor's podcast just because I was curious and while they are somewhat bittercakes, the weird thing is Corrine claims to have no issue with the Reilly sisters now. She claims she hated them then, but understands them now blah blah and doesn't have an issue with them.  She does however hate Leo and Jamal and talked about how much she couldn't stand them.

Also the cab thing, Corrine straight up admitted they were in the wrong.  The Reillys had paid for a cab to wait for them, Eliza wanted to try and take it, they got in the cab and tried to steal it and the cabdriver said no and then they got out.

They interviewed both Corrine & Eliza, however they were interviewed separately which was interesting since they could sort of blame things on the other.

And yes, there was definitely a head to head that sounded like it involved badminton?

Also I get that Corrine/Eliza didn't have anyone else to watch in the boat things and so were just following what the locals were doing.  But I guess my thinking is unless the clue says you have to stand in the boats, it just seems like it's common sense that you are making it harder for yourself by standing and balancing when you don't need to do that.  But I also expect they weren't thinking super clearly at that point.

Edited by spanana
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I really was wishing for a first time ever double elimination!  Oh well, at least one of those teams are gone.

I still don't understand how they chose the Survivor teams.  There are so many other survivors from so many seasons that I would prefer to have watched over Rupert and Mrs. Rupert and Corrine and Eliza.  Chris and Bret are fine, but they didn't even stand out to me during their season on Survivor.

I was so excited to see the round boats and was just waiting for a break down (from anyone) that never came.  Oh Flo...good times.  I am enjoying the new Colin but do find myself thinking during every episode "maybe this is the one in which the old Colin will appear..."  

I am secretly (or having written this maybe not so secretly) rooting for Victor and Nicole.  If they do not win the race I hope they at least win a first place before leaving.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, chaifan said:

I dislike Rachel find Rachel annoying (as someone taking up coveted space on TAR) not because I think she's mean, but because she's such a drama queen.  Her first two stints on TAR were non-stop whining, pouting and fake (and I mean FAKE) crying.  It was like watching a 3 year old who's not getting enough attention so they fake fall, look around to make sure someone's watching, and then launches into full wail until someone picks them up and gives them candy.  I will admit, she's no where near as bad this season, and maybe if this were the first time I saw her I'd have a better opinion of her.  But, Eliza has sucked out any chance of that happening.  I never thought there'd be someone worse than Rachel, but Eliza takes that trophy home. 

And I 100% agree with you that both teams' behavior was even more abhorrent given the presence of that sweet little girl.  And also in front of Phil.  Phil should never be made to witness that.

Yeah, it's definitely that Rachel's annoying more than being mean. But Corinne does seem mean to the core. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, watch2much said:

I thought I was at the end of my rope with Rachel's whining and really wanted them out.....then Corinne made the trailer park comment and that was that.  I'm so sick of people who disparage others--be they people who live in trailer parks, or cab drivers, or old people.  They seemed to think because they had some edge because Survivor is a physically and emotionally draining game but the reality is that they sit around a lot with plenty of time to think.  The Amazing Race combines the exhaustion and physicality of Survivor and adds the element of thinking and making decisions on the spot all in foreign cultures. I just never understood their air of superiority about being on Survivor.  I still hate Rachel's cringe worthy voice--but she never gives up.  Also, I think she is sincere when she praised the other.  She became good friends with Ragan Fox who was her nemesis on Big Brother.  I think she's able to recognize it's a game.

I hope Colin and Christie win--if for no other reason than proving that someone can change.  I can not believe it's the same person.  loved how he interacted with the child at the end. 

I have a strong feeling that Colin and Christie will be in the top 3 and possibly win. I like the new and improved Colin.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Awww, I love Colin and Christie so much! I loved them back in the day and I love new Zen Colin. And I love that they’re still in love.

Team Fun is also one of my faves. I still can’t believe they were strangers who met on TAR.  What are the odds they found two people with the exact same dorky personalities? 

Corinne and Eliza...classy until the very end. Corinne might be the most miserable person alive. I know Rachel sometimes amps up the drama for the sake of the camera (she’s no fool, she knows that’s why they keep asking her back) but she seems like a kind person in general. Corinne, on the other hand, I don’t feel is putting on an act at all. She really is that much of a bitch.

I have atually met both Corinne AND Rachel in person in normal, everyday settings. Corinne at a concert - she was nice to me, very rude to the concession workers. Rachel I met in a grocery store and she was very friendly. I realize her "schtick" rubs people the wrong way but I agree, she's a kind person.

• Love 10

After the sisters bragged about how they could put anything together because they're moms, I laughed so hard every time they called the judge over to check their water mill and he told them it STILL wasn't right.

There was some misleading editing going on though because at one point there was a clear shot of Rachel and Elissa turning their wheel and filling their bucket while the Afghanimals were still there. Meaning they completed their wheel a lot sooner than editing suggested. Granted, it's possible there was still something unacceptable about its construction at that point but they weren't nearly as far behind as the show made it seem because they already had the wheel delivering water before the Afghanimals were finished. 

Rachel I met in a grocery store and she was very friendly. I realize her "schtick" rubs people the wrong way but I agree, she's a kind person.

She's annoying and a drama queen for sure. But to the best of my recollection, she has never been unkind to anyone who didn't provoke her first. In fact I find she gets ridiculed and picked on regularly just because of the way people perceive her right out of the gate. 

And I don't find her a good competitor either. Brandon got her through all legs of the race 2 other times.

If you had seen her on BB you would know she's no slouch at competitions and she doesn't need Brendon to carry her. In fact she was one of the strongest competitors on BB both times she was on it. I also find that a lot of the Amazing Race challenges are more similar to the BB challenges than the Survivor challenges, so that gives BB players a slight edge.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, displayname said:

Does the "bitch" tag belong to everyone on here who complains on the regular about Rachel Reilly?

Not everyone, because Britney's had her fair share of drama with Rachel when they played BB together, and I have yet to see anyone calling her a bitch on the regular. Yet Corinne's actions on this show have been consistent with how evil she's been on Survivor. If you think Rachel ls worse, I challenge you to name any time when she made a low blow and brought someone else's family into an argument with them. Yet one of the things Corinne is most notorious for was on her first season of Survivor when she threw in that jab about Sugar needing some anti depressants so it would seem sincere when she was crying about her father, who had recently passed away. Your opinion may vary, but to me, talking like that about someone's loved one is a line you simply do not cross.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, ML89 said:

Cute BTS of the "dance" teams showing the "fishing" teams their dance while waiting for Snowtown to open:

This just made me smile!  Love it.

• Love 10

re: Corinne and Eliza.

IMO, Eliza was bitterly angry at herself for botching the moped challenge and projected that anger onto Rachel and Elissa.   It was Eliza's fault her team was eliminated.  She knew it and couldn't accept it, so she found a scapegoat.  Eliza may villify the other team for years into the future, but she'll always know in her heart that she blew it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Booklady1017 said:
On 5/8/2019 at 9:03 PM, Browncoat said:

The boat thing looked like fun. I don't get why anyone would pick the other task over that.

The deciding factor for me would have been having to lift the boat up over the bridge(s).  Then it goes from fun and just requiring skill and determination to a strength challenge.  I'm actually surprised that every other W/W team picked the boat. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I do love that every time one of them says they're good at something, they suck at the doing the challenge.

...and then they say that they nailed it. I'm tired of hearing that being a mom makes them good at everything, and I'm tired of Elissa showing off how flat her belly is after being a mom. I'm reasonably sure she's had some work done. Her belly button doesn't look like one that hasn't had some kind of "enhancement."

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I still don't understand how they chose the Survivor teams..

This season was suppose to be TAR vs BB teams only.  Several BB teams got kicked out at the last minute and some former Survivors inserted within days of the start of the Race according to stuff on the internet.  The Survivor teams were not planned for nor recruited early on with the others.

According to another person on this forum the reason for the BB teams that got kicked off was because they found out (how I don't know) where the first destination was to be days before the Race began.  That amounted to cheating giving them a leg up on research etc pre-Race and both the first destination was changed at the last minute to Tokyo instead of the original destination of Papua/New Guinea -- according to that poster -- and those BB teams were dropped.

How they decided to switch to fill in with Survivors instead of more BB people to fill the gap I don't know.  I assume Rupert at least is on CBS' speed dial.  But I have to assume some other better known former Survivors couldn't get their affairs in order quick enough to take part on the Race or just plain refused because yeah the other two teams are basically no names for casual viewers and I have seen Survivor from the start and don't remember any of them.

Compare that to the TAR and BB Teams and except for the border patrol dudes these teams are pretty well known from their respected shows.  Not so the Survivors other than Rupert.

And all of the above is based on a post in one of the episode threads but I forget which one.  I'm taking the word of the poster because I'm kind of playing telephone game with this so anyone have more facts please correct me.

The part that Survivor teams were not part of the original cast and were added at the last minute is pretty much all over the internet.  The reason for replacing some of the BB teams I didn't hear until the poster here mentioned it centered around the Papua/New Guinea leak.

For whatever reason it is good that one of the BB teams was Paul & Josh that got kicked because Paul (a horrible bully type) makes the Survivor team that just got eliminated this leg look like two Mother Theresas in comparison.

It also may explain not only the weird Survivor casting choices but also the poorer showing by the Survivor teams in general as they had less prep time like watching old seasons of TAR etc.  Not that that would have helped Rupert much.  I like Rupert but TAR is not his cup of tea.

Edited by green
  • Love 9

Well it took their elimination episode but the producers "finally got their money" so to speak for casting Corrinne and Eliza. Their general bitchiness and attitude was their whole selling point and man they lived up to it.

Who they are not getting their moneys worth on is Colin though. He's not living up to his "Schtick" that made him famous. He's just another racer now...you might have just as well cast any old racer that no one even remembers. Man, they should have brought back Flight TIme and Big Easy instead.

Can't believe they missed an opportunity to flashback to Flo having a meltdown in those round boats. I would have been completely disappointed if no one had taken a spill in the drink. Thanks, girls!

I always get a s@#teating grin when an "assembly" challenge comes up because that would be my worst nightmare, but I love those challenges. I'm still waiting for them to return to the Ikea store from lo those many seasons ago. I love to watch the racers fall apart in frustration.

I've always loved Janelle, but I'm really liking her on TAR because her and Britany work well together, don't mug and don't bring on the drama.

Lastly damn...Elissa is like the Powerball Winner when it comes to a genetic lottery. She is all that and a bag of chips! Beauty and a body. Amazing...no pun intended.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, green said:

This season was suppose to be TAR vs BB teams only.  Several BB teams got kicked out at the last minute and some former Survivors inserted within days of the start of the Race according to stuff on the internet.  The Survivor teams were not planned for nor recruited early on with the others.

According to another person on this forum the reason for the BB teams that got kicked off was because they found out (how I don't know) where the first destination was to be days before the Race began.  That amounted to cheating giving them a leg up on research etc pre-Race and both the first destination was changed at the last minute to Tokyo instead of the original destination of Papua/New Guinea -- according to that poster -- and those BB teams were dropped.

How they decided to switch to fill in with Survivors instead of more BB people to fill the gap I don't know.  I assume Rupert at least is on CBS' speed dial.  But I have to assume some other better known former Survivors couldn't get their affairs in order quick enough to take part on the Race or just plain refused because yeah the other two teams are basically no names for casual viewers and I have seen Survivor from the start and don't remember any of them.

Compare that to the TAR and BB Teams and except for the border patrol dudes these teams are pretty well known from their respected shows.  Not so the Survivors other than Rupert.

And all of the above is based on a post in one of the episode threads but I forget which one.  I'm taking the word of the poster because I'm kind of playing telephone game with this so anyone have more facts please correct me.

The part that Survivor teams were not part of the original cast and were added at the last minute is pretty much all over the internet.  The reason for replacing some of the BB teams I didn't hear until the poster here mentioned it centered around the Papua/New Guinea leak.

For whatever reason it is good that one of the BB teams was Paul & Josh that got kicked because Paul (a horrible bully type) makes the Survivor team that just got eliminated this leg look like two Mother Theresas in comparison.

It also may explain not only the weird Survivor casting choices but also the poorer showing by the Survivor teams in general as they had less prep time like watching old seasons of TAR etc.  Not that that would have helped Rupert much.  I like Rupert but TAR is not his cup of tea.

Paul? Are you serious? That would have completely ruined this season for me with his presence. If he was a cheater I'm so glad he got busted! Do you know who the other teams were?

• Love 4