Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E04: I Took Out a Polar Bear

• Start Topic

(edited)

Good riddance to those two. I think there will be much less drama now.

According to Twitter, there was a head to head at the pitstop that was edited out. That could explain the order of the middle teams all getting shuffled (the editing around there was pretty spotty too). So I guess Corrine and Eliza had one more chance against Rachel/Elissa and didn't get it.

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22

So close!  Not that I mind losing the team that was eliminated, but we were so very close to being rid of Rachael. 

I liked this ep a lot -- lots of position changes, and challenging tasks.  It even seemed like the polar bear was strict about the snowballs for the speed bump.  I didn't even mind the taxi drama too much.

And the round boats!  I love the round boats!

• Love 22
(edited)

After seeing how Colin greeted the little girl at the pit stop, I officially don't recognize him.  Father hood and age has definitely mellowed him out.  I was glad to see him and Christie get a first place finish.

I thought this episode was a little chaotic.  I would have been horrible at the RB.  Vietnam is a country I have always enjoyed, however. 

I won't lie that I like Corinne, mainly for her blunt honesty.  I won't miss Eliza, however.  I was expecting them to blow up at the Reilly's at the mat.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

Oooooo!  Rachel and Elissa were just rubbing salt in the wounds and Corrine and Eliza weren't having iiiiiiiiit!  Oooooooo!

I wish nothing but failure for Rachel and Elissa after that.

Chris and Bret made it to third place!  Yay!

I have noticed that Colin and Christine and Nicole and Victor have made it to the top three again.  Perhaps this is an omen for the outcome?

And Leo and Jamal only made it to fifth place.  Lovely.

Next episode, more bitching from Rachel and Elissa.

• Love 7

I had a soft spot for Corinne and Eliza up to their elimination. Then their true spiteful and nasty selves were revealed. Honestly, to talk like that about Rachel and Elissa right in front of them! And it wasn't necessary to talk about them at all. It makes me love the Afghanimals in comparison.

• Love 8

Chris and Bret are the last Survivor team standing! Who'd have thunk it?

Although I once again got a kick out of watching Survivor contestants do Survivor things on the race, like row boats. Could almost hear Probst shouting, "you need to pick it up!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Not a good showing for Survivor teams on this season, huh.  I did not understand why Corinne and Eliza thought the had to stand in those paddle boats things.  Like I get they saw the other guys standing, but even a person with no boat experience should know it's better to keep your center of gravity as low as possible.  Unless the instructions specifically said to stand, it made no sense.

Victor & Nicole continue to run a pretty consistent and clean race, though it's not lost on me that Victor is the one who has been killing the roadblocks the last few episodes and Nicole is going to be due up soon.  Though I've been pleasantly surprised to see Nicole staying pretty calm when doing joint tasks so far.

I was happy the other Survivor guys whose names are currently escaping me were able to come back and run a pretty decent leg for them.

I would have sucked at the driving task so I can't even judge any of them for it.

• Love 6
(edited)

That was a very satisfying episode.  I will admit, I thought I didn't care who got eliminated when it got down to the last 2 teams.  But then my power went out just as both had left the last challenge, and I was all noooo!!!!  I won't get to see Rachel get eliminated!   And then my power went back on just as Rachel & Elissa made it to the mat.  But still, not sorry at all to see Corrinne & Eliza go either.  Wow.  Bitter much?

But great challenges, a pretty decent speed bump (not too difficult, but not a cake walk, either), a nice mix up in order, some suspense mid-episode that a team I like (Afghanimals or Team Fun) could get eliminated, taxi chaos...  If only the polar bears were real and one of them ate Rachel, that would be the cherry on top.

And, I need to be catty for a moment.  The excessive make up on almost all the women (Becca and, for the most part, Christie & Nicole, being the exceptions) is a) distracting, and b) disheartening.  You're on a race around the world for $1,000,000.  I get that you want to look decent on camera, but it all looks plastered on at the beginning of each episode.  I think they all look better mid-episode when the makeup has melted off.  Somehow Eliza managed to plaster it all back on before hitting the mat.  The fake eyelashes are out of control, and just drive it home that this is not my TAR, and that the alien BB and Survivor teams are truly aliens.  Seriously, ladies, you're better than that.

Edited by chaifan
  • Love 19

I just started watching TAR again after about 7 years. I don't watch Big Brother or Survivor so i'm not too familiar with those teams. So far I'm liking Chris & Brett and Colin & Christie's new vibe. Can't say I was sad to see Corinne & Eliza go. I hope the sisters follow them next week.

• Love 10

Also I don't totally understand the Reilly and Corrine/Eliza drama.  I get that they don't like each other which is understandable on both sides, but Corrine/Eliza didn't go home because the Reilly sisters sabotaged them.  I understand if they felt disrespected at the mat or something and thought Rachel was being insincere with her speech, but Corrine/Eliza went home purely due to their own not great racing.  It's not like they got u-turned by the Reillys.

Also for what it's worth, I did see a picture of Corrine with Nicole/Victor doing an episode of their podcast this week, so clearly her never wanting to associate with any of them every again didn't last very long.

• Love 10

That was bad, even for Corinne. I already wanted her gone before the RB, but when she said Eliza didn't grow up in a trailer park so she didn't have experience with motor bikes, I wanted someone to run her over. Of all the fabulous women from Survivor, this is who we got? I know it was for the drama they'd bring and it almost makes me want to quit CBS entirely. Once the dimwitted BB sisters are gone (next leg, please?), I don't care who wins. 

• Love 23
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I may be alone in this but I kind of like Rachel. Yes she is high maintenance and whiney but I don't think she is mean. Corinne especially but Eliza too now are just plain nasty.  I'm glad to see the end of them. Please let it be forever!!! That poor little girl on the mat had to witness that atrociously bad behavior. Shame on those two but I think that is something they don't have the capacity to feel.

I dislike Rachel find Rachel annoying (as someone taking up coveted space on TAR) not because I think she's mean, but because she's such a drama queen.  Her first two stints on TAR were non-stop whining, pouting and fake (and I mean FAKE) crying.  It was like watching a 3 year old who's not getting enough attention so they fake fall, look around to make sure someone's watching, and then launches into full wail until someone picks them up and gives them candy.  I will admit, she's no where near as bad this season, and maybe if this were the first time I saw her I'd have a better opinion of her.  But, Eliza has sucked out any chance of that happening.  I never thought there'd be someone worse than Rachel, but Eliza takes that trophy home. 

And I 100% agree with you that both teams' behavior was even more abhorrent given the presence of that sweet little girl.  And also in front of Phil.  Phil should never be made to witness that.

Edited by chaifan
Edited to take out "disliking" Rachel. I don't think it's fair to dislike someone based on a reality show appearance. But she does annoy me, so I think that's fair to say.
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I may be alone in this but I kind of like Rachel. Yes she is high maintenance and whiney but I don't think she is mean. Corinne especially but Eliza too now are just plain nasty.  I'm glad to see the end of them. Please let it be forever!!! That poor little girl on the mat had to witness that atrociously bad behavior. Shame on those two but I think that is something they don't have the capacity to feel.

You are not alone. I don't watch BB, but I've liked Rachel in every single season she's been on TAR. I also get really annoyed when people on the show (and here) accuse her of riding Brendon's coattails. Teams have to perform challenges 50/50 now and she's always done her fair share. I'm frustrated that Rachel has shown sympathy, apologized and tried to be nice to teams--both nice (TeamFun) and nasty (Corrine/Eliza)--and she keeps getting shat upon. Yes, she can be emotional, but that doesn't make her a bad person.

I can't believe I liked Eliza on Survivor. I never liked Corrine, but Eliza has truly shown her true colors.

• Love 23

There's only one downside to Corrine & Eliza getting eliminated: the show's format wouldn't have Eliza overreacting to the teams still playing. Well, maybe in the finale.

After seeing the oldest three teams (in terms of combined ages, as shown on CBS.com) finiish in last for the first three legs, it was odd seeing those two women get booted. Turns out they're the fifth-oldest. The biggest stunner: there's only one Survivor team left, and it's the two guys with the least amount of recognition going into this season. And if Chris & Bret hadn't rocked this leg, they probably would have been toast. Right now, they're in last place in terms of leg average at 6.75.

On the top of the standings, we got Colin & Christie finishing in the top four in every episode. I'm still waiting for one or both of them to crack and revert to TAR5, but I'm not rooting for it. Shit, Colin didn't snap seeing the girl at the Pit Stop. No Charla flashback for him. Below them are Nicole & Victor, whom I've been sleeping on. I think it's amix of my disdain for all things Big Brother and Victor appearing on The Challenge, albeit briefly. The only person who has done both shows that I can remotely stand has been Da'vonne. The rest can go screw.

Good tasks as well. "Irritation" boatmen were fun to watch. TAR5 Colin would have drowned at least one of them.

We'll have to wait two weeks for the next episode with the Survivor finale taking priority. I think the rest of the season will air before the next Big Brother, so TAR can take the spotlight. Minimum, this season is a lot better than Edge of Extinction.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, chaifan said:

If only the polar bears were real and one of them ate Rachel, that would be the cherry on top.

34 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

I won't judge any of the teams for struggling with the motorbike Roadblock.  I know I wouldn't do much better.

I had a dirt bike back in High School.  Zipping around the back 40 is easy.  Going really slow making tight precision moves is hard.  

• Love 4

So this weird thing happened: At the second commercial break, I saw the end of Survivor all over again, followed by Phil's "Last week on The Amazing Race..." and the footage that followed it. Just as I started thinking "OMG, I'm going to see the last 20 minutes all over again, and won't see the end of the episode," it righted itself and we were just where we should have been on TAR after all. This was on the Philadelphia CBS station; did it happen to anyone else?

28 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

Becca and Floyd were the only team with the idea to actually call a taxi.

As we've seen on past races, in some countries or cities you can't count on hailing a cab in the street, and the expected method is to call for one. I don't know if that was officially the case where they were, but after nobody sees one for several minutes, it would just seem good sense to find a way to make that call.

25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Although I feel like that was one of the easier speed bumps an almost eliminated team had to do.

I now have nostalgic memories of "Take a sauna on a bus" and "sit on a block of ice." 🙂 In the early days of the Speed Bump, some of them were ridiculously easy. I think they've at least arrived at a more appropriate level of difficulty overall, though I admit that this didn't have the energy-sapping factor of some others.

Like some others, I notice, my biggest reaction to the driving task was "I'm sure glad I don't have to do that, I'm not about to judge anyone for taking many tries to complete it." Bravo to everyone there.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I love Rachel -- have since her BB days. Yes, she's messy and high-maintenance, but she's also smart and competent and is self-aware. She is the good kind of TV drama; Corinne and Eliza are the bad kind. They're mean girls who live to be mean and just get nastier when things don't go their way or they don't get what they want. How do you even act like Rachel and Elissa were the in the wrong when it was their original cab you were trying to take?

• Love 23

Corrine & Eliza sooooooo bitter. I’m no huge fan of the Reilly’s but they didn’t do anything to them. I’m glad they are gone. Besides the sisters no one really bugs me too much. I would be happy with any winner. 

• Love 4

What a shame. I used to be able to tell people who didn't watch the show and were down on reality TV in general (like it is all one big thing, don't get me started) that at least on TAR when people were eliminated they were grateful for the experience. But not these two. When one of them (sorry, can't tell them apart despite having seen them on Survivor) responded to Rachel's "blessed" comment* with "Well, I guess we're not blessed," I yelled at my TV "Not with that attitude you're not!" Never mind traveling the world (or part of it at least) and having Amazing Experiences with your "friend." I partly blame TPTB for setting up this faux competition among these CBS shows, but ultimately it seems down to the individual contestants to be who they are.

*I normally hate the "I'm so blessed because this worked out well for me, too bad for you" mindset (though most people don't really think it through when they say it, see 9/11) but I do think Rachel was just speaking out of her own emotion in the moment. The Survivor team's response to it was on them.

• Love 8
(edited)

Man, was that an overreaction by Corinne and Eliza at the mat, unless we had some incident edited out. Rachael and her sister might be somewhat annoying, but they didn't seem worthy of a rant like that. All the Reilly sisters did was beat them to the mat.

At least Corinne and Eliza didn't yell at each other. I never saw Corinne's Survivor seasons, but I liked Eliza during hers. She really was trying on a new persona here. Constantly fretting about how they were better than other teams while constantly not performing better than other teams did not suit them well.

At least all the Survivor teams will have a good amount of time to work on their bitter jury speeches.

Edited by Fukui San
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

That elimination was ugly, and I didn't enjoy seeing it. I was wondering why the Survivor girls got the comedy edit in the cab at the beginning of the episode. Now we know. The botoxed lips on the Big Brother sister still scare me.

However, I am thankful for the rankings as they stand this leg. The only change I would make is I really want Nicole and Victor to finally win  a leg or two. Not sure I want a Big Brother team to win the Race, but I do want this team to win at least one leg. Also glad to see the Survivor guys do much better this leg, though I still don't think they'll make it very far.

This is the second episode in a row that a racer has received a cut on their hands while dealing with nasty water and aquatic fauna. I'm not a germaphobe, but I'd be asking for a jumbo bottle of hand sanitizer. Hope it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, the wire walking cat was cool, and the little girl was adorable.

• Love 8

Good god what did Elissa do to her face? Scary looking.

Anyway, as bad as Eliza performed on the scooter, her and Corrine still would have finished ahead of the Reillys if they didn't also completely goat fuck the basket boat detour, which every other team did relatively easily. They usually screw with the edit at the end but that looked legitimately close. The Reilly sisters are incredibly lucky to still be racing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

I can't believe I liked Eliza on Survivor. I never liked Corrine, but Eliza has truly shown her true colors.

I liked her briefly in her first season. Every return after that made me despise her, her nastiness and her stupid eyerolling more and more. I hate BB, and don't feel particularly warm about the sisters, but they are absolute class compared to Eliza and Corrine. And always have been. 

• Love 6

I was so happy when it was obvious that one of my least favorite teams was going home but I was a tiny but disappointed with the elimination. Rachel and Elissa are the more likeable of the two teams but they are a strong enough team to recover and hang around for a few more episodes. Fortunately Eliza and Corrine’s bitterness quickly made me happy that I don’t have to see them again. 

Elissa really needs to stop proclaiming that she is going to be really good at something. The editor’s are having too much fun showing her immediately fail after those statements. 

I’m mostly liking everyone else. It really feels like most of the teams left have a decent shot at winning. 

40 minutes ago, Richness said:

This is the second episode in a row that a racer has received a cut on their hands while dealing with nasty water and aquatic fauna. I'm not a germaphobe, but I'd be asking for a jumbo bottle of hand sanitizer.

I'd be asking for a tetanus shot and antibiotics. 

• Love 16

Damn, I was hoping they’d eventually have a leg where they had to drive a stick shift just to see Eliza’s reaction. 

I hope Corrine is mostly playing to the cameras. I’d hate to think she is actually that vile  

Were these really the best Survivor contestants they could come up with? I would have preferred literally dozens and dozens of other contestants to this bunch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

One thing I cannot understand. How does Christine run around with her hair unbound? It is so hot and humid during the first few countries  of the race, I wound  be dying if I didn't have my hair off the back of my neck.  Seems like a glamor thing with her. Is it in a pony until they ru for the mat ?? It freaks me out. I could break out in a sweat just watching ! LOL

Edited by missyb
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

One more thing: every taxi driver in southeast Asia was partying when they heard who got eliminated.

I sure wish Phil had glared at the Bitchimbos and yelled "Shut it!" THAT would have been satisfying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, poop.  Not only do I lose one of my favorite teams, but they get embroiled in Unnecessary Taxi Drama with another of my faves, and do not acquit themselves well at all.  I was all set to give Eliza props for her "living well is the best revenge" attitude when Corinne was needlessly vowing eternal hatred towards the Reilly team in the cabs, but then she completely lost it at the Pit Stop.  

3 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

According to Twitter, there was a head to head at the pitstop that was edited out. …So I guess Corrine and Eliza had one more chance against Rachel/Elissa and didn't get it.

Strange they cut the competition and showed the essentially irrelevant bad behavior instead.  (I mean, it's not as if Rachel and Elissa need to win Jury votes or anything;  the lawyers are done, case closed.)  I wonder if noted Corinne non-fan Jeff Probst put his 2¢ in and got the TAR producers to spotlight that "lovely" moment, context-free.  Feh.

I mean, seriously, ladies, it's a game show.  Practically everybody loses, every time.  Of the 22 people racing, only Rachel and Nicole have ever won anything, at least among the CBS shows.  (I have no idea how Victor did on The Challenge, or anything like that.)  If I'm counting correctly, the combined Racers have lost 34 total times.  (Spoilered because the comprehensive list is large, and somewhat OT)

Spoiler

Rupert lost Survivor four times

Janelle lost Big Brother three times

Rachel lost BB12 (before redeeming herself the next season) and lost two Races.  (Yes, she and Brendon are the only team to have raced twice and never been Philiminated, but third and third is still notably not first.)

Britney lost Big Brother in rather memorable fashion, twice.

The Afghanimals have lost two Races

Corinne and Eliza each lost Survivor, twice.

Colin and Christie got screwed out the million by a flat tire that was hidden in editing, and got buried with an IMO unfair "villain" edit, to boot.

Becca and Floyd lost, and Floyd got a nasty case of heatstroke, as well.

Tyler and Korey lost, and that was after Tyler had his BB17 guest spot cancelled, which isn't the same thing, but still.

Chris and Bret lost, Art and JJ lost, Victor got three separate chances in his season of Big Brother and still lost, Nicole got two chances in her first BB season and lost, and Elissa spent the summer surrounded by extremely vile people and got nothing better than sixth place out of the deal*.  And Laura watched Rupert "sacrifice" himself for her game, and got voted off pretty quickly, anyhow.

*-Okay, she did win the "Fan Favorite" prize.  (And Andy still hasn't killed himself, as he promised he would do if the audience voted for Elissa.  Lying weasel.)  But that's a different sort of thing, IMO.

So I mean, the odds were pretty good you were going to lose, anyway.  Get over it, girl.  Sheesh.

On the plus side, it was great to see C&C back at their winning ways, Chris and Bret had a nicely redemptive leg, and while Britney and Tyler will never be my favorite people, it was fun to watch them "congratulate" each other on their mutual uselessness.

And at least I got to see Corinne wearing "Minnie Mouse" buns, which is not a look I would ever have expected from her.  Huh.

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I kind of like Rachel. Yes she is high maintenance and whiney but I don't think she is mean.

"Difficult" women with secret hearts of gold are my Kryptonite.  (See also the girl in my avatar <-----) Rachel's had my heart for a decade, now.  Which why I'm so sad to see Eliza, who had to put up with all kinds of shit from virtually everyone in her initial Survivor season (even those who temporarily protected her ended up betraying her…) devolve into the sort of person that will have people I really don't want to imagine going "I told you so!" saying just that.  😞

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Colin didn't snap seeing the girl at the Pit Stop. No Charla flashback for him.

I don't think the greeter was a little person; I think that was a child.  Colin has young children, so no wonder he enjoyed seeing her.  Likewise, Rachel got teary-eyed, presumably because she was missing her own daughter.  (Don't worry, Brendon is probably showing her how to cure Alzheimer's…with physics!)

The only person who has done both shows that I can remotely stand has been Da'vonne

Da'vonne, I could not stand for a minute.  But that's probably OT here, so all I can say is…interesting choice.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

So close!  Not that I mind losing the team that was eliminated, but we were so very close to being rid of Rachael. 

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel. Hopefully next week it will be bye bye Rachael.

• Love 8

Very glad to see Corrinne and Eliza go, and glad it was absolutely their fault. That was a really uncomfortable elimination I didn't enjoy watching it.

I hope the Reilly sisters go next. I so dislike their whining. Rachel's face just highlights all of Ellisa's cosmetic procedures. Their wardrobe choices are ridiculous.

I hope Korey's finger is ok. They often don't show stuff like that unless it matters later.  I wonder what's up with one of the Afganimals shoulders? He has a lot of tape or bandages on his shoulder. Distasteful tattoo perhaps? 

Brittany and Tyler were pretty funny as supportive ballast.

Glad to see Colin and Christie win, that's where I expect them to be.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Anyone else having Flo flashbacks with the round basket boats?

That was my very first thought when I saw the teacup boats as they called them in Season 3.  The producers were doing a shout out to Flo.  Flo's inability to do anything but paddle on one side of the boat only leading to endless spinning circles that in turn leads to one of her worst of many meltdowns has been seared into my brain forever.  In contrast everyone in this episode knew how to row the boats the right way.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

... Like holy awkward exit. ...

That about sums it up, doesn't it.

Good tasks as well. "Irritation" boatmen were fun to watch. TAR5 Colin would have drowned at least one of them.

We'll have to wait two weeks for the next episode with the Survivor finale taking priority. I think the rest of the season will air before the next Big Brother, so TAR can take the spotlight.

I can actually see Intense Colin drowning one of them now that you mention it.  But Zen Colin didn't even seem to get upset when Christie told him they had to go back to get the basket.  And he was actually helping Victor & Nicole find the mat.  ("It's down by the river").  Not his fault they ran ahead in the wrong direction.  So glad to see C&C finally win a leg.

BTW, does anyone know if TAR remains at 9 pm in two weeks or will it be moved up to 8 pm to take over Survivor's old slot?

PS:  I hope Pablo the Cat got to see that cool cat walking the high electric wire tightrope.  Tip of the cap to the cameraman who caught that.

Edited by green
  • Love 8

Man, Eliza is just Little Miss Bittercakes, isn't she? I wonder if she just couldn't deal with no alliances, voting or hidden idols.

I'm not sure why Eliza was afraid of just riding a moped. I mean, if they'd had to go out on the road, sure, but in a parking lot? 

Corrine,  really classy with the trailer park comment.

Chris and Bret got lucky that the one figured out how to ride the moped so quickly.

• Love 4
(edited)

TI’ve kept track over the years of every team’s average placement in their season(s), and it is clear that Colin and Christie haven’t lost much. They remain the only team not to have a finish below 4th place on any leg. And as soon as I saw from the previews and promos, I knew they’d have a good leg. Those two are one of the few teams in TAR history that could speed through challenges like they did tonight.

I’m enjoying watching the non TAR teams making obvious rookie mistakes save for Victor and Nicole who seem to have gotten the hang of the game of TAR. And Bret and Chris seem to have a little bit of the Frats in their. Noticed how one of them was saying “Thank you, my friend” to some of locals who gave them help.

Edited by theschnauzers
typos
  • Love 3

I understand that being in first nets you nothing when the race changes countries and airplanes are involved, but I hated that they stayed in Vietnam, the first team left at 2:30am, and then everyone had to wait until 6am to start the next leg. Why, show?

Nicole's face when one of the Afghanimals picked up the moped judge was the same as mine. It's fine to be enthusiastic and excited but STOP IT.

The battle for last had me hoping there would be a special double elimination. I cracked up when one of the Survivor girls said she never wanted to talk to Rachel after the show and then added that she as going to block her on social media, but in a tone that sounded like "I'm going to TP her house!"

Yup, Rachel and her fellow former pro cheerleader and super mom sister couldn't figure out how to tie pieces of bamboo to an existing structure. They started that challenge in second place and barely managed to finish this leg in second to last place. We were so close to being rid of them!

I never watched Survivor so all I know of Corinne and Eliza is what we've seen on this show, which was not great. I wasn't a fan, but I never liked those girls as much as I did when they were on the mat and one of them rolled her eyes and then said in her talking head how shitty it was to have to listen to Rachel go on and on about how she respected them as women. Rachel is so fucking fake. Like I said last week, whenever she isn't actively being a bitch to the other teams, she puts on this saccharine sweet voice that sounds like a sorority girl saying, "Omigawd, you guys, we are SO SORRY that we have to haze you!" and then proceeding to haze the shit out of people while cackling with glee.

I also loved when Rachel told Phil that she and her sister are so blessed and the other Survivor girl said, "We are not hashtag blessed." HAHAHAHAHAHA! The whole blessed thing is a pet peeve of mine, as if whoever doesn't get eliminated (or had a nice dinner with their husband or whatever other thing they're attributing to being #blessed) only got it because God himself was personally shining down beams of golden light on their stupid asses and telling everyone else to go fuck themselves. Rachel and her sister aren't still on the race because they're blessed. They're still here because they are fortunate that one other time did even worse than they did on this leg.

I felt bad for that poor snowman. Whoever it was got told they had to be at work at 6am just so these idiots could sled down a hill, which is bad enough, and then he almost got his kneecaps taken out by one of said idiots.

4 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

I now have nostalgic memories of "Take a sauna on a bus" and "sit on a block of ice." 🙂 In the early days of the Speed Bump, some of them were ridiculously easy. I think they've at least arrived at a more appropriate level of difficulty overall, though I admit that this didn't have the energy-sapping factor of some others.

I'm nostalgic for the not so long ago days when speed bumps meant going to get some gelato at a waterfront location or giving an elephant a bath.

3 hours ago, Richness said:

This is the second episode in a row that a racer has received a cut on their hands while dealing with nasty water and aquatic fauna. I'm not a germaphobe, but I'd be asking for a jumbo bottle of hand sanitizer. Hope it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, the wire walking cat was cool, and the little girl was adorable.

I was surprised that Korey just powered through and paddled all the way back. I would have definitely asked for some hand sanitizer and a band aid.

• Love 7

Stay positive, Corrine and Eliza: now you've been exposed as total bitches on two CBS franchises. #Blessed

I can. not. believe we didn't get archival footage of Flo in a little round boat. Lift your game, editors!

I'm starting to love Colin and Christie. That truly unsettles me.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Squirrely said:

That was bad, even for Corinne. I already wanted her gone before the RB, but when she said Eliza didn't grow up in a trailer park so she didn't have experience with motor bikes, I wanted someone to run her over. Of all the fabulous women from Survivor, this is who we got? I know it was for the drama they'd bring and it almost makes me want to quit CBS entirely. Once the dimwitted BB sisters are gone (next leg, please?), I don't care who wins. 

I wanted to smack her over that trailer park remark.   Way to show the real you. 

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Rachel has a lot of flaws but she has always been a challenge beast and never seemed to be mean.   The editors must have really hated Corinne and Eliza to show not just the trailer comment and their vileness on the Matt, but the rest of their rant afterwards.  

7 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Awww, I love Colin and Christie so much! I loved them back in the day and I love new Zen Colin. And I love that they’re still in love.

Team Fun is also one of my faves. I still can’t believe they were strangers who met on TAR.  What are the odds they found two people with the exact same dorky personalities? 

Corinne and Eliza...classy until the very end. Corinne might be the most miserable person alive. I know Rachel sometimes amps up the drama for the sake of the camera (she’s no fool, she knows that’s why they keep asking her back) but she seems like a kind person in general. Corinne, on the other hand, I don’t feel is putting on an act at all. She really is that much of a bitch.

Corinne always had a rep as a bitch, but I had no idea just how bad she it.   It is Eliza though who just “brand”.   

• Love 6