Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by Athena

Keep it polite. Do not get personal and do not get into repetitive arguments about the characters or what defines a fiction. Further posts will be hidden and posters will be warned.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Pestilentia said:

Am I the only one seeing these things?

Whew, I saw that too.  Did you see the small carved animal like the one that Shireen had?  Or maybe I’m the only seeing that?

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

She also said she didnt want to be queen of the ashes..ect...so please.

And in her test of character between using as much force as necessary to take "her" throne and just laying waste to make sure everyone knew who was in charge ( queen of ashes)  as you say.. You see what won out... Jorah is shaking his head in heaven saying No Khaleesi 

• Love 24

Why does everyone think Cersei and Jaime are dead? They had rubble fall around them. So did Arya. I say till I see the bodies, they're alive.  No way the 2nd and 3rd credited actors were ended like that and didn't make it to the last episode. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 12

Even now, the bean counters are getting in their boats and heading to Kings Landing for an accounting of what's owed in burnt personnel, destroyed equipment and the loan rate has just tripled.  

Tyrion, having been a Hand in a functioning society, would be going into hiding, so as not to be accountable because a whole lot of gold is owed.  

The bean counters could be a spin off, if only a truly cynical bean counter could write non-mathematical fiction.,

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Forget about the prequels, we need an entire series dedicated to Jon searching for his lost balls. 

Oh he will find them next week when he kills Dany... can't you see it.. he will then bring the dawn against this new threat of Dany. If only Dany had used those skills on the night king.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Paws said:

It looked like longclaw to me too but that had to be the mom and kid, right?

It was the mom and kid.  The kid had been carrying around a toy horse.  That’s the shape you saw.  

• Love 9
Just now, dizzyd said:

Why does everyone think Cersei and Jaime are dead? They had rubble fall around them. So did Arya. I say till I see the bodies, they're alive.  No way the 2nd and 3rd credited actors were ended like that and didn't make it to the last episode. 

Nope, disagree. Not with their “nothing matters but us” ending.

• Love 19

6 minutes ago, Pestilentia said:

So that incinerated corpse that Arya saw at the end there was the mom and child she tried to lead to safety? And that hand poking up that looked like the pommel of a charred Longclaw was just a hand and not a charred Longclaw? 

RIGHT? 

Am I the only one seeing these things

I think that hand was holding the little girls horse doll?

• Love 4

I think episode 3 will end up being my favorite out of this weak final season. That had cool effects and everyone united to defeat the NK. Now, I feel like boxes are just being checked as we race towards the end. I hate that Cersei had such an anticlimactic ending. I hate the repetitive dialogue (Jon called Dany his queen...take a shot). I love the comment on Twitter that said How I Met Your Mother is so grateful it's not going to have the worst finale anymore. Too true.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think the conversation Dany had with Jon was very important.  Jon was loved. People were even angling to get Jpn on the iron throne.   Dany jnew her greatest asset was fear.   When Jon couldn’t or wouldn’t love her the way she wanted him to love her she said “fear then” and I think that was when she decided.

i don’t think she is the mad queen.  I think she made a deliberate choice,

There was a line from the lost in space movie. Dr smith. ‘Make no mistake. Evil is not a character flaw. Evil is a philosophical choice. ‘

But um evil  

• Love 16
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

This and Arya’s last moments with  Clegane really got me. When he wrapped his hand around the back of her neck, it was done with as much affection that a man like him could show. Arya looked like an innocent little girl, her face as she looked up to him was amazing. This will go down as one of my all time favorite scenes. You went out like a hero Sandor. You got your vengeance and saved the world from that monster. You were truly a magnificent bastard of the highest caliber. 

When she called him Sandor I was done

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 10
Just now, lmsweb said:

Jamie and Cersei - sigh. Not the ending I wanted for them, but kudos to the actors, especially Lena, for knocking that last scene out of the park.

I guess you could say..... she brought the house down. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

If you don't want to be locked out of discussing this show here for the next week, DO NOT mention the books in this topic.

It is OK to say "it is GRRM's vision/story".  It is NOT okay to say "it's the same/different as in the books". 

You all know the drill by now.  Be mindful of where/what you are posting.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Leroux said:

Probably not, Jon loves his Queen and didn't blink an eye when Varys was burned to a crisp.

I hope he knows that the next one in front of Drogon is going to be Sansa. 

He probably won't care, as long as Daenerys gets to sit on her throne we all should be happy. 

Jon understands executing traitors and he knew firsthand that Varys was one. However, he most definitely gave her an unsettled look after Varys’ execution. 

And unlike the Unsullied who followed their Queen, Jon tried to stop his men from engaging. 

So I do think he is not onboard as he used to be. And if Dany really threatened his family that would definitely be it.

I think most of his actions toward Dany have been because of guilt more than anything else. Not that that is a good reason to do anything. He does/did love her but to me he bent the knee because he got everything he wanted and she got nothing plus she lost a child. He feels guilty about his claim so he is holding fast to his backing of her. No more. 

But with these writers, who knows. 

• Love 20

The pacing of this season is off and we all know it, but I'm mostly okay with this episode. Things I liked:

-- in principle, I like the idea that we're watching the "good" characters "win" but it feels completely terrible, and what they're doing is horrifying. I think that's an interesting way for the show to go and it's something we haven't necessarily seen before in this exact way.

-- I get Jaime's story arc now and I'm okay with it. I was confused literally until his final scenes, but the actor made me understand what's happening. He chose defending the north over not defending the north when it made no difference to Cersei's safety, because it was the right thing to do. But he also chose Cersei over not-Cersei when it DID make a difference to Cersei's safety, because he loves her most of anyone. That motivation makes sense to me, and the fact that someone's love for an individual person -- even a very flawed person -- could eclipse everything else and come first in their list of priorities without them being thoroughly evil feels realistic and complicated to me. It wasn't the ending we would have wanted for him, but I found it satisfying.

-- it looked really cool to see the city fall down.

36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But I ask again, how would you have changed the episode?

I'm all right with the episode, but I would have changed one thing. I would have tried harder to crawl inside Cersei's mind and the ugly, helpless, terrifying feeling you would have realizing that you lost the war and that your enemies are about to rip you from your safety and kill you, probably in a horrible way. It's a theme that they've kind of explored before, but, this time it's a major character who's actually going to die, so it would been neat to explore it here and it would have made her final scenes connect more.

My bigger thing is that I would have extended the overall arc of this season so that we had more time to understand everyone's motivation, especially Dany's. I feel like everything's being drawn very broadly, and I can kind of guess why Dany might have done what she just did but, for me, it's just a guess. I don't feel like I KNOW what she's about right now in the same way I did when the show moved more slowly.

26 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

She also said she didnt want to be queen of the ashes..ect...so please.

The way I remember it, she always leaned toward obliterating King's Landing, and Tyrion kept kind of chiding her that she needed to leave the citizens alive. She would agree with him, because that was clearly the "right" answer, but I don't think she passionately felt like she DIDN'T want to torch everyone.

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!  Tyrion seemed to mention it to everyone else except her.

He told her that when she was sitting on her throne at Dragonstone. She looked at Tyrion and then nodded towards Grey Worm. I thought she considered it but the writers wanted her to go batshit crazy. I just didn't buy it. It was uncharacteristic of her. Burn children? Come on. The fight was with Cersei; not the people. She was putting her own Army in danger. This episode was just idiotic.

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I liked it, I think.  What was the last word last week?  Dracarus.  Yep, that happened.

Dani basically saw two of her children killed right in front of her.  Fuck everything.

And her Best friend, and a Man who loved her just to see her trusted advisers and the man she loved turn their backs on her basically. Fuck everything for real!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

I think the "barely flinching"  had to do with her brother being an abusive sack of shit. But, whatever.

And cersei has been trying to kill or maim tyrion all his life.. They're still siblings he still tried to get her to safety.. Away from the throne and to keep the ppl safe.. But also cuz he didn't want to kill his sister.. Its a pretty normal reaction the only ppl who've actively tried to.. Or actually killed family members are like stannis Cersei.. Ramsay. Not great company

• Love 5
1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

And her Best friend, and a Man who loved her just to see her trusted advisers and the man she loved turn their backs on her basically. Fuck everything for real!

Jon didn’t turn his back on her. He told her she was his queen and that he loved her. He didn’t try to talk her out of roasting Varys. He just didn’t want to have sex with his aunt. Not sure this rates the whole Dresden routine on a million innocents.

(Note: I blame the writers for not convincing me that Dany’s hurt feelings justified the nuclear option. I don’t “hate” fictional characters the way some people, for example, hate Sansa.)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, stagmania said:

Holy shit, that was so much worse than I even imagined. They literally offered no motivation or explanation for Dany to lose her shit and try to kill everyone. Once the battle starts she’s just a mostly unseen monster flying around causing mayhem. The core heroine of the show, completely character assassinated by these writers. 

The inside the episode spends a lot of time on Dany and why she did this, if it helps.

55 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Pretty much the same way she got past all the NK's generals and a portion of his army in that relatively small Weirwood without anyone noticing her dragging the trampoline she jumped from.

She jumped from the weirwood tree.  😉  I did see several white horses being used by soldiers in the early shots, so there is that.

49 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

For starters I would not have had Jaime crawling back to Cersei. 

HORRIBLE end for Cersei!  This is one place I am positive the eventual books will probably do a better job.

49 minutes ago, Leroux said:

There is no character assassination at all. 

Daenerys has said since her first season that she will get the Iron Throne with Fire and Blood, that she will burn cities to the ground to get what was stolen from her.

This is what Fire and Blood look like, this is what a city burned to the ground means. 

She has never lied, she just did what she said she was going to do. 

True.

47 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I know there’s a certain amount of hubris to being a television fan and saying “I could have written a better episode”.

I could have written a better episode. 

The episode was great, the build up to this episode?  Pretty shoddy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Dany who freed slaves, stopped the Dothraki from raping women all the time, killed the masters that killed slave children, locked her dragons up when they accidentally killed a kid, told Yara to stop the Iron born from raping women. That woman suddenly decides to burn women and children alive. I know anti Dany people are going to always see the worst. The Dany is saw for 8 seasons would never have done that, unless the writers made her stupid and insane just because. 

Seriously.  The writers want us to think she was only ever hated in Westeros, when she was hated in Meereen!  She lost a trusted adviser (Selmy) to the stealth resistance group, was nearly assassinated more than once herself, and was deeply unpopular with the newly freed slaves after she tried to administer justice fairly.  Yet somehow, despite having three dragons, instead of going nuts on the population and burning everything, she... opened the fighting pits at others' behest and only escaped on Drogon after it was clear she would otherwise be killed.  

• Love 24
45 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You couldn't just make out with your hot aunt, Jon Snow? 

Motherfucker...

Well, considering she probably still smelled like grilled Varys...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, stagmania said:

Holy shit, that was so much worse than I even imagined. They literally offered no motivation or explanation for Dany to lose her shit and try to kill everyone. Once the battle starts she’s just a mostly unseen monster flying around causing mayhem. The core heroine of the show, completely character assassinated by these writers. 

Yep and the biggest POS C U NEXT Tuesday gets a Bullshit Death where I felt insulted like the Writers were telling me that I should have some sympathy for her FUCK THAT. She brought it all on herself 

• Love 9