Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by Athena

Keep it polite. Do not get personal and do not get into repetitive arguments about the characters or what defines a fiction. Further posts will be hidden and posters will be warned.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Conan Troutman said:

Jaime and Cersei dying together like that wasn't how I pictured it, but I liked it. Felt like an ending that made sense for Jaime, although a bit rushed (that's more on last week's episode though). 

I liked it too. Nice symmetry. Their love started the war. It is fitting they should die at the end in each other's arms. 

Jaime and Cersei. GOT's great romance. 

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

Dany still isn't mad. She did that shit on purpose. It's insulting to suggest that she's gone mad, she has not gone mad and she is not mad. She's angry, hurt, and upset about everything she's lost but she's not mad. I know I'm supposed to hate her after this episode, but I can't even be bothered. Varys, Tyrion, Sansa, etc - none of them really care about the regular folk.  She should have burned it all down and said fuck it and went back to Essos. 

I agree she isn't "Mad" but that was homicidal maniac attempted genocide on her part... I get grief... But that was anger and hatred and resentment and maybe some selfishness in there as well... If she's resigned to the fact that the ppl of westeros will always love Jon more maybe she just burned it down.. So in case he goes thru with his "betrayal " he'll  have nothing to rule over... She finally had enough.. Seems like a real progression of who she's been... An empathic  hyper-violent quick trigger conqueror with a savior complex

• Love 24
1 minute ago, rozen said:

Agreed, this felt like Dany unshackled. The two people that constantly urged her to make concessions, at the cost of her own progress, are also the two people who betrayed her most deeply. She has no reason to take their wishes into consideration anymore. Instead, she prioritized her and Grey Worm's rage and dedication to executing Missandei's last words.

Was it awful and bloody and terrible? Yes. All wars of conquest have been. 

Yep, Dany listened to the one advisor she could trust, Missandei. Dracarys.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Kings Landing was a shithole anyway.

Yeah, I said it. 

Yeh personally I have no sympathy for them. How many times have we seen the people act horribly there, (beheding Ned) - the walk of shame? But I know D&D in the story will be horrified and will want everyone to feel that they have to take her out because she dared to act like any other man would.  Oh sorry, not the saintly Jon. Sorry.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

But remember that the last act an Unsullied commits before becoming an Unsullied is to take a baby from his/her slave mother’s arms and kill them. As long as Grey Worm said to kill them, they’ll kill them. And Grey Worm was leading the attack. 

Well he said his people are not peaceful

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!  Tyrion seemed to mention it to everyone else except her.

Yes she was told more than once. 

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Popples said:

I was really hoping he would stab or choke her or something when they were in the map room.

I was expecting him to snap her neck. There was just that one moment where he could have done it. But NOOOOOO... we couldn’t have that, could we?

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Pretty much the same way she got past all the NK's generals and a portion of his army in that relatively small Weirwood without anyone noticing her dragging the trampoline she jumped from.

This is what bothered me the most with this final season. Arya trained for years and could assume other faces. Why couldn't she have taken a face of Urine Greyjoy, for example, and came up to Cersei and shanked her? It doesn't make sense that she didn't utilize this during this episode, or with the NK.  They completely rushed through this last season and missed some crucial details. 

• Love 8

Arya and the horse, echoes of another woman leaving one life behind for a new one. 

15577165681295628684215331429561.thumb.jpg.d3a48df80adff3c3d642d532788ba338.jpg

Game+of+Thrones+%25286%2529.gif

Arya saw all that death and destruction...

And decided "That's not me."

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Yodabeesh said:

I was expecting him to snap her neck. There was just that one moment where he could have done it. But NOOOOOO... we couldn’t have that, could we?

That would have been satisfying to fans but not at all in keeping with his character. He has devoted his whole life to her other than going to fight the white walkers and then having victory sex w Brienne. He came back when he heard she’d be executed. He gave a whole speech to Brienne about it. I don’t like that he left her but he has loved Cersei since birth.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So, what exactly has been the point of Jaimie having years of development and wanting to be a better person and getting with Brienne and all that stuff if he was just going to die the same person and in the same place he started in? What was the POINT?! 

What years of character development for Jaime? It was only in the season 7 finale that he finally decided enough was enough with Cersei and cut ties with her. His spine growth lasted all of, what, four episodes before it wilted again and he went back to Cersei. His coming North to have sex with Brienne was pure fanservice and nothing else. His book character was absolutely slaughtered for the show and it's a shame.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You couldn't just make out with your hot aunt, Jon Snow? 

Motherfucker...

Yeah Dany wasn’t pleased that Jon isn’t into her any more. No sexy times for them since he found out the truth about his parentage. So you have the sexual rejection thrown in there as well. 

• Love 21
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah Dany wasn’t pleased that Jon isn’t into her any more. No sexy times for them since he found out the truth about his parentage. So you have the sexual rejection thrown in there as well. 

Why couldn't they have just let her be with Jorah or the other guy?  Dario??

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

And what an insult to the work Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Gwendolyne Christie who acted the shit out of one of the most 'shipped romances on the show. We watched them meet. We watched them hate each other. We watched them slowly like each other. We watched that liking and trust turn to love. And we finally watched them consummate their relationship. After all that we're supposed to believe it meant nothing to Jaime and Brienne was just the side chick? Fuck that.

Just isn’t a romance. More complicated. Etc. ibviously love there. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

What about the previous seasons made you think he wouldn't go back... Cersei's bullshit made Tommen kill himself... She cremated him and took over as queen and Jaime stuck around... Y'all think a roll in the proverbial hay with Brienne was gonna change that.. When she's carrying his baby??  Not liking how things turn out is not the same as character assassination or bad writing.. 

...and GoT is well known for avoiding the tidy happily ever after.  If they were, The Hound would still be helping a minister build things.  

• Love 15

So that incinerated corpse that Arya saw at the end there was the mom and child she tried to lead to safety? And that hand poking up that looked like the pommel of a charred Longclaw was just a hand and not a charred Longclaw? 

RIGHT? 

Am I the only one seeing these things?

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!  Tyrion seemed to mention it to everyone else except her.

Yes Tyrion did. He basically asked if she could call off the attack if the bells rang and she finally looked at Grey Worm and nodded.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Cersei: “Well I’m all for family getting together to poke each other, so I hope you and Sandor have a great time.  I’ll be downstairs.”

This was actually my favorite scene in the entire episode. 

As for all the rest, I say: "FUCK THIS SHOW."

I'll be here next week cuz I am exhausted and I just want this to end. I sincerely hate feeling this way. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Pestilentia said:

So that incinerated corpse that Arya saw at the end there was the mom and child she tried to lead to safety? And that hand poking up that looked like the pommel of a charred Longclaw was just a hand and not a charred Longclaw? 

RIGHT? 

It looked like longclaw to me too but that had to be the mom and kid, right?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

I think the "barely flinching"  had to do with her brother being an abusive sack of shit. But, whatever.

And threatening to harm her baby, IIRC

• Love 19
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Pestilentia said:

RIGHT? 

If you’re suggesting that Arya was dead, I wondered the same thing. But it would be a very weird way for her to go. Goes after her final revenge list item, decides to be a better person, then spends about one third of the episode’s runtime dodging fire and falling walls only to die to ... fire and falling walls?

Edited by kieyra
27 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

No because that would make sense and the Dany we knew for 8 seasons would have stopped torching women and children. But you know D&D wanted not just to burn KL to the ground, they also wanted to burn Dany's character to ashes.

Yes Tyrion did.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

I felt sorry for Varys.  CH is a treasure.   And I found him oddly sympathetic.

I did, too.  My feelings about him really changed over the seasons.  I appreciated that he tried to look at the bigger picture.  

• Love 20