Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by Athena

Keep it polite. Do not get personal and do not get into repetitive arguments about the characters or what defines a fiction. Further posts will be hidden and posters will be warned.

• Start Topic

(edited)
23 hours ago, Fallacy said:

This is some shit. I really thought Dany was going to stop once Cersei’s army surrendered, but nope, she burned the entire city because....why exactly?!? I get that the Targeryans were one screwed up dynasty, so this story wasn’t about returning the last member of that crazy ass family back to the throne. But then the show needed do a much much better job of developing Dany’s descent into full mad queen. Man I’m pissed. 

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!  Tyrion seemed to mention it to everyone else except her.

ETA: Since this post, numerous people told me he did tell Dany.  I guess I was so numb after this episode, I forgot.

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
Just now, Brn2bwild said:

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!

Yes, and she acknowledged it. Then reneged.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Brn2bwild said:

Did anyone even bother to explain to Dany beforehand that the bells being rung meant surrender?!  Tyrion seemed to mention it to everyone else except her.

No because that would make sense and the Dany we knew for 8 seasons would have stopped torching women and children. But you know D&D wanted not just to burn KL to the ground, they also wanted to burn Dany's character to ashes.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I loved the episode because in reality people don’t act the way you want them to.  

I’ve worked with people who’ve done 180s because bad shit happened to them, so I know it happens 8n real life, so this episode didn’t bother me at all.

I am curious for all who hated it, what would you have preferred?

If Dany was going to turn, I would have preferred some sort of halfway believable motivation.

If she torched the whole city immediately after Missandei was murdered it would have been at least a bit less unbelievable and out of character.  Same goes for if she was losing this battle and thought she needed to do it to win.

But, she has never slaughtered totally innocent people for no reason.  I would have been a stretch even for Cersei to do what Dany did to the innocents.

Horrible writing, that had to be intentionally horrible.  D&D decided to torch the whole series for no reason, and did it by having Dany torch KL for no reason.

• Love 24
(edited)

Called Dany not stopping after the bells rang.   Still when it happened took me a second....

Am I the only one who got a little misty eyed at the Cersei and Jamie stuff?  

Did Arya call for an Uber?  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Dany's reputation as a fearless and ruthless but ultimately humane queen ruined by her torching a city AFTER THEY SURRENDERED. And she torches innocent women and children yet doesn't torch Cersei who's standing out in the open on a balcony. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT???

That's what I was bothered about as well.  There was no need to torch the entire city. The woman you wanted to kill was in the big red building over there! 

All that handwringing about the Dothraki and apparently enough of them survived to sack King's Landing. 

I'm going until the end. I just have to see how the story ends. 

• Love 23

I don’t think Dany was mad either.  I agree with the poster who said it’s insulting to call her mad.

Dany was hurt, angry, fucking pissed off.  She saw her child, her dragon killed, her most trusted confidant, friend, brutally murdered in front of her. 

Who would be all love and light after all that shit.

Remember the last word of episode 4, Dracarus indeed.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Leroux said:

There is no character assassination at all. 

Daenerys has said since her first season that she will get the Iron Throne with Fire and Blood, that she will burn cities to the ground to get what was stolen from her.

This is what Fire and Blood look like, this is what a city burned to the ground means. 

She has never lied, she just did what she said she was going to do. 

She also said she didnt want to be queen of the ashes..ect...so please.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I liked it - though I found Dany's sudden tactical skills against the fleet and dragon spears a little hard to buy.

I gave her credit for learning from her mistakes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
Just now, QuinnM said:

I did not see Mad Queen.  I saw someone that was determined to make them pay.  She was angry.  She was not mad.  I bet anything that next episode she is all smiles.  And the next time someone doesn’t do exactly what she wants, exactly when she wants it, and exactly how she wants it ... dracarys.

Tyrion was already afraid of her, Sansa saw it.  Now Jon is afraid of her.  This is not going to end well.

Thank you for this comment.  I was afraid I was mad for actually liking this episode.  

• Love 15

I had to open all my windows to get the stink of this episode out of my living room!

Why couldn’t Dany have ridden like this two episodes ago when Rhaegal was still alive? Oh right, because D&D wanted Dany to be the mad queen.  So stupid.

So now what I’m hoping for is that

Spoiler

Dany sentences Tyrion to death and tells Drogon “dracarys “ but he doesn’t burn and it turns out he’s a secret Targaryen and he takes the Iron Throne and makes Jon/Aegon his Hand

Then maybe I won’t be so pissed about this farce of an episode.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

2 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

CRAPPY way for Cersei to go out, all weak and whiny and pregnant and clingy. I wanted her pregnancy to be a fake, and for her to blow up the city in true Lannister fashion, showing how she only cared about herself.

I always thought it would end up being menopause.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, GodsBeloved said:

I gave her credit for learning from her mistakes.

Totes agree.  She drew the fire of the scorpion, evaded the spear and then took out the device while it was realoading.

Cersei really overestimated her position.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, Lillith said:

The Unsullied, the most disciplined soldiers ever massacre soldiers who've surrendered? 

But remember that the last act an Unsullied commits before becoming an Unsullied is to take a baby from his/her slave mother’s arms and kill them. As long as Grey Worm said to kill them, they’ll kill them. And Grey Worm was leading the attack. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Scaeva said:

I'd be willing to bet that Mad Queen Dany is 100% Martin, but the show didn't really do a good job of selling her pivot toward villainy. Maybe it is a consequence of the short season.

I mean, apparently he told D&D how the story ends. But they did a shit job of showing her becoming this person. It made zero sense. 

• Love 16

That was TERRIBLE. I thought the spoilers was bad but that was worse.

Shall we begin

- I could not see Dany at all, at all, during her initial sack of kings landing and the iron fleet. How lazy. I mean they didn't even bother to give me some shots of her on the dragon. 

- I am disgusted that they humanized Cersi at the end. D&D do you not remember last week he beheaded an innocent just for fun? Never mine how many people she has killed.

- I am most disappointed about how they portrayed Dani. There was just no reason to keep firing on Kings Landing and that is NOT in character for 7 freaking seasons. She just wouldn't do that no matter how upset she was. But I know D&D mean us to think she would. Personally, in this show I think Dany could be given a pass. She tried so many times to avoid this situation and it only got her personal losses. Enough. It could NOT be avoided. But I know the show won't see it that way. I blame Cersie.

- Speaking of, I always love that Cersie thinks she is smarter than she is but MAN did she lose badly. My god... the golden company ... what a joke?

- I want Tyrion tried for treason. He was blatantly treasonous before he let his brother go. 

- I kind of what Sansa tried for treason. Dany is absolutely right that Sansa was trying to usurp her and that she is as much as to blame and Verys. But I blame D&D for setting up this dynamic in the first place. There was NO reason for Sansa to hate Dany or really even care.  Plus guess Sansa learned nothing from the game of thrones. 

- I could cared less about Sandor and his brother. Again another backslip in character. He didn't need his brother anymore, he had friends in the north.  And did the hound actually do anything that Dany wouldn't have done?

Arya was useless but she was there to make us feel bad for the citizens of Kings Landing.  I am Jon will kill Dany next week because Arya will want her dead and I am sure Dany will want Sansa dead. Sansa is a clear and present threat to her reign and always will be. So, for that matter, is Arya and Bran. 

• Love 13