Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by Athena

Keep it polite. Do not get personal and do not get into repetitive arguments about the characters or what defines a fiction. Further posts will be hidden and posters will be warned.

• Start Topic

Did Martin really plan the ending like this? Because seriously fuck him. I rescheduled my vacation so I'd be able to watch the finale. That's a bloody mistake.

And bye Qyuburn, killed by your creation, how original.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I thought this ep was a hot mess and I'm going to need a page or six more explanation of what the fuck happened with Varys.

The credits say D & D wrote this but I would like some proof.

• Love 7

Dany's going to want Sansa executed, isn't she?  She (correctly) thinks Jon and Tyrion are idiots who were played by her so she can excuse that but there's no way she can let Sansa off the hook if she truly believes this was her plot to have Jon usurp her.

I bet Jon wishes Arya had waited a few seconds longer and let Viserion bake him before she killed the NK. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I loved the episode because in reality people don’t act the way you want them to.  

I’ve worked with people who’ve done 180s because bad shit happened to them, so I know it happens 8n real life, so this episode didn’t bother me at all.

I am curious for all who hated it, what would you have preferred?

I loved it. I would love it even more if I understood it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, gooberfish said:

There’s going to be a spat between Auntie and Nephew.

Probably not, Jon loves his Queen and didn't blink an eye when Varys was burned to a crisp.

I hope he knows that the next one in front of Drogon is going to be Sansa. 

He probably won't care, as long as Daenerys gets to sit on her throne we all should be happy. 

• Love 3

Okay I did not expect Dany to goll full on bonkers like that. What was even the point? The city has fallen, what did she want to accomplish? I could've taken five minutes less carnage for an explanation on what the hell her motivation was. Or is she just completely bananas now? 

I really liked the Arya/Hound parts (no surprise). Arya walking away from Cersei so she could be the angel of life was a nice almost-ending to her journey. Of course, this being Game of Thrones, everybody died anyways, so it was a gesture I guess?

Jaime offing Euron felt natural, the fight a bit less so - Euron should've kicked Jaime's ass easily. But I'll take it. Jaime and Cersei dying together like that wasn't how I pictured it, but I liked it. Felt like an ending that made sense for Jaime, although a bit rushed (that's more on last week's episode though). 

• Love 14

I thought last week's episode was my least favourite episode of Game of Thrones, but then I saw THIS episode.

Such trash. Why would you rush the ending on such a fantastic series? One more episode, what else can get fucked up...

• Love 16

Of course it was coming! All the animosity towards Dany before this episode was a build up. The writers intended to turn her into the mad queen all along. They made sure Dany did it after the surrender so people would see her as a monster. But the icing on this disgusting cake is they  ensured Arya witnessed her atrocities up close so that their disastrous story would have an escape. If Arya kills her then the girl took care of the other girl. It creates an opening. Enter the king Aegon Targaryen.

Summary of episode: A big WTF!?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I'm not sure what to think of all that. It's rather disheartening to me to see Dany go full out nuts on the whole fucking city.

I did like CleaganeBowl. I did like the scene between Jamie and Tyrion.  It was worth it  to to see Ceresei scared shitless.

But what's the point now? King's Landing is ashes, and if anyone is King/Queen, what are they Lords of?

I

• Love 5

I didn’t see Dany as going mad.  If you saw basically two of your children murdered in front of you, would you be all, “okay, it’s all good?”

But I ask again, how would you have changed the episode?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

I guess I am the only one who isn't surprised Dany ended up here but they got there in the worst possible way, that it makes no sense.  Way too rushed and very anti-climatic.

Dany is the product of years of incest, she is used to being admired and now she isn't being admired and the entitled crazy came out.  I think she was crazy with grief and not thinking rationally!

Tyrion let Jaime out because he wanted to save KL but it didn't work..

Cersei was always a coward, no surprise that she died crying...very unsatisfied with her death..

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 24

Dany still isn't mad. She did that shit on purpose. It's insulting to suggest that she's gone mad, she has not gone mad and she is not mad. She's angry, hurt, and upset about everything she's lost but she's not mad. I know I'm supposed to hate her after this episode, but I can't even be bothered. Varys, Tyrion, Sansa, etc - none of them really care about the regular folk.  She should have burned it all down and said fuck it and went back to Essos. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, jmnf19 said:

So is this the actual finale and next week is just a documentary about the show? Or is there one more episode?

One more episode, then the documentary the week after that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Guess we needed that pale rider.

Except she didn't do anything in this ep except talk big, and then run around looking scared.  Assassination is one thing; battle is something else again.

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 9

RIP Sandor and Varys. I was really hoping the Hound would somehow survive.

Many seasons ago, one of Bran's visions was of snow blowing over the iron throne, but after

tonight, I'm thinking it was ashes.

And I hope Tyrion is alive. In spite of his part being written as not-too-bright these last few episodes, he's still a smart character and I want him to survive.

And Arya----what a survivor. May she survive the rest of the show. Some of the characters I care about have to make it!

• Love 24

I don't know how to feel about that. I mean, we probably aren't heading for a Dexter level finale, but, um. They burned enough anonymous women and children for me to lose support for the dragon queen, yet I still can't root for Jon. Of all of them, he's been the least interesting to me, certainly in comparison to Dany. 

So...huh. I was still riveted. I feel like someone can write a really great essay about how we wound up with two mad queens and dudes trying to calm them down. I'm looking forward to the finale. I just have no idea what outcome to even hope for, let alone expect. 

• Love 6

Well, other than the Arya scenes, that was a whole shittin' load of disappointment.

However, Dany going Dresden on King's Landing was prophesied in a vision Bran had way back in season 4 or 5, so I was wondering when they were going to get to it.  Really didn't want her to go nuts, though.

You know, I'm beginning to think HBO just doesn't like women.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I guess I am the only one who isn't surprised Dany ended up here but they got there in the worst possible way that it makes no sense.  Way too rushed and very anti-climatic.

Dany is the product of years of incest, she is used to being admired and now she isn't being admired and the entitled crazy came out.  I think she was crazy with grief and not thinking rationally!

Tyrion let Jaime out because he wanted to save KL but it didn't work..

Cersei was always a coward, no surprise that she died crying...very unsatisfied with her death..

I wanted her to die slowly and painfully. She got off way too easy.

• Love 21